[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOCTOR WHO GENERAL - /who/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109 KB, 1920x1080
Everyone Is A Fucking Retard Edition
>Also: Moffat has naked footage of Capaldi

>>63137127 (last time on the /who/ network)
>>
Just a reminder ZA IS NO LEADER!
>>
File: Clara Who confirmed.jpg (78 KB, 1920x790) Image search: [Google]
Clara Who confirmed.jpg
78 KB, 1920x790
>yfw Clara’s the one regenerating
>yfw Jenna’s leaving but Clara isn’t
>yfw Clara Who confirmed
>yfw Ashildr’s the hybrid
>yfw HS/HB will be GOAT
>>
So the entire episode was just in a timelord torture simulator designed to make you confess whatever secrets you're using with the intended goal of not letting you leave until you've confessed? Right?
>>
/who/ is alive

Only took a good Moffat episode to do it

>Brave Moffat, Bravo!!
>>
File: Wet And Sexy Capaldi.webm (546 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
Wet And Sexy Capaldi.webm
546 KB, 1000x576
>>
>>63139335
I think you could sum up my biggest problem with it as a complete and utter lack of ambition - it does absolutely nothing new. The whole thing seems to build to a "wah-wah" punchline of "who wrote Beethoven's 8th?" and I was literally sitting slack-jawed at that line going "That's it? We spent a whole two-parter just talking about something that The Big Bang covered in ten minutes? Even then, we didn't need an explanation of it!"

But also I think a lot of other things just absolutely misfired. The Fisher King was a bad, generic villain (with a great design, mind), Paul Kaye was absolutely wasted playing a one-note joke that had already been done three seasons ago, the setting of Before the Flood was both wasted and pointless, not to mention its weird "don't meet your past self" plotline going nowhere and affecting nothing. Toby Whithouse seems to want the Doctor to be an angsty 90s anti-hero in a way that's just boring and dull now that he's not obsessing over the Time War. For some reason, they killed the black guy first and had a woman die to feed one of the male characters' angst, which is so crass and overdone for a show that normally is savvy enough to recognize those cliches and not play straight into them.

It's just a leaden, boring, predictable two-parter that exemplifies everything I don't want the show to be.
>>
>>63140613
Moffat's gonna do it, he's really gonna do it, the Doctor Clara, Clara Who confirmed, the absolute madman
>>
>>63140660
why repost?
>>
>>63140616
A forest in a bottle in a spaceship in a maze. Have I impressed you yet, Amy Pond?
>>
>>63140682
No replies and I wanted to discuss it since Whithouse is likely candidate for next showrunner

>>63140685
That line has a very similar cadence to "a killer puzzle box designed to scare me to death". Moff has his tawdry quirks and I enjoy them.
>>
>>63140674
Clara Who would still be better than Class.
>>
>>63140616
You got it. Most people don't break their hand over and over for billions of years before getting burned to death by their nightmares in an effort to punch through a wall of solid fucking space diamond though.
>>
>>63140727
A spin-off in a revival of a revival of a show. Have I impressed you yet, anony anon?
>>
>>63140711
>Whithouse is likely candidate for next showrunner

I would love that actually. Being Human was pretty good.
>>
Reminder that people who think he should have run for the shovel at the end are literally retarded. If the Doctor really cared about decreasing the time it took he'd just give it an extra punch.

>>>63140285

No, the Doctor remembers as soon he gets to the wall. He says he remembers it all. Every time. So he'd know that he's been making progress after the first couple thousand years.
>>
>>63140739
If this isn't his 'lowest point where the valeyard can escape' I don't know what is
>>
>>63140746
A little.
I'd still rather see a UNIT series. Traveling the world, fighting the scum of the universe, every now and then crossing over with Doctor Who.
>>
>>63140674
she will get a TARDIS, mark my words

I wouldn't even mind, it would be worth the sperging it would incite for years to come
>>
File: who.png (3 MB, 1641x860) Image search: [Google]
who.png
3 MB, 1641x860
>>
>>63140761
DO NOT BRING THIS FUCKING SHIT IN HERE!
>>
>>63140660
If it helps, I thought this exact same thing.

Still confuses me as to why everyone else seems to have enjoyed it.
>>
>>63140567

boring episode

the punchline was okay but it was boring getting there
>>
>>63140760
He'd be good but they can do better. I'd honestly rather Gatiss :| Gatiss' episodes are usually undercooked and dull but he's a good overseer and has the right idea about the direction of the show. Whithouse is flakier.

Chibnall would be a risk but he'll probably be first offered since he's the most successful showrunner writer of Who atm. I adored Broadchurch but his other shows are a bit shit. Some of his eps are great, some are shit. He'd be worth it imo because I'd rather some greatness and some crap than all mediocrity or all just good enough.

Cross or Harness may get it and both would be good.

Roberts or Ford (or both!) would be GOAT but will never happen.

RTD wouldn't come back but they may offer.
>>
>>63140799
You triggered? Walk it off.
>>
>>63140797
Whowho's Bizarre Adventure
>>
>>63140804
pleb
>>
>>63140711
>Whithouse is likely candidate for next showrunner

good.
>>
>>63140727
What would be her Time Lady name? The Teacher, the Professor?
>>
>>63140778
https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/unit---extinction-1208

(: I know it's not visual anon, but it's still exactly what you're looking for. Enjoy!

>>63140802
Maybe they haven't seen Classic Who base under siege stories and it was all new to them? But 42 and the Satan two-parter were base under siege too. Idk
>>
Did anyone else for a few seconds think that during the Doctor's "Time Lords take a while to die" speech at the end, he was actually cycling through his regenerations the way he alluded to in Magician's Apprentice (my party and all of me is invited), because when we first see his charred body onscreen, he looked like Pertwee and his outfit looked like it was Three's? Was it just me? I could've SWORN
>>
>>63140660

Its the same ending as Dark Tower. Roland is forced to repeat the same cycle near-infinite times until he gets it right.

The man in black fled across the desert. But this time the gunslinger caught up.
>>
>>63140825
ponce
>>
>>63140835
The Raven
>>
>>63140835
>The Teacher
I like it.
>>
>>63140761
whats your reasoning for him being okay with it taking even longer? He remembers at the end, so lets just say that the veil is coming and so he can't get the shovel because its too far. Then why not just run away again after opening twelve, get the shovel, then go back and wail away?
Either way I sincerly doubt punching would have done much to the diamond ever. Thats just ridiculous.
>>63140778
wasn't that torchwood?
>>
>>63140632
His eyes look like they're about to pop out on their eyestalks.
>>
>>63140816
My problem with Gattis is that he favors Earth based stories and "spooky" Hammer Horror type stuff. With Whithouse you have a bit more variety and a bang of rawness.
>>
>>63140778
oh god no, anything other than more shitty osgood
>>
>>63140838
I had the same reaction and also thought I saw Smith when he was underwater upside down lol.

>>63140848
You are replying to wrong person? I wasn't talking about Heaven Sent. I was talking about how Before the Flood/Under the Lake spent TWO ENTIRE EPISODES elaborating on a point that the ONE MINUTE ENDING OF BLINK established perfectly clearly. Not even mentioning The Big Bang which does a delightful job of explaining it too.
>>
>>63140860
>wasn't that torchwood?
Ugh.

>>63140837
>https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/unit---extinction-1208
Yeah, I've heard them. Pretty good. Basically what I'd want from a TV series.

>>63140835
I suppose they wouldn't give her a late enough showtime to be called The Cunt.
>>
>>63140838
I thought the same thing to be quite honest family
>>
If Clara becomes a Time Lady, gets a Tardis and the Doctor's sonic sunglasses and god forbid becomes Lord President could the episode still be GOAT?
>>
>>63140873
But Gatiss understands the legacy of the show and would have good ideas for the future. Check out his 90s interviews about if the series was ever revived. I don't like any of his episodes heaps other than The Unquiet Dead but I truly think he *gets* the show more than Whithouse who is way too edgy about it
>>
File: Window2.webm (1 MB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
Window2.webm
1 MB, 1000x576
>>
File: 1448764822301.jpg (14 KB, 377x396) Image search: [Google]
1448764822301.jpg
14 KB, 377x396
>>63140856
>hell of a bird
>>
File: Window.webm (927 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
Window.webm
927 KB, 1000x576
>>
File: Out.webm (193 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
Out.webm
193 KB, 1000x576
>>
>>63140901
I think this is why we need a Showrunner and a Co-Showrunner. Someone who has a deep history of the show and a love of it.

Whithouse as showrunner with Gattis would be tops.
>>
>>63140899
She's technically already everywhere in the doctors timeline so wouldn't that fuck everything even more?
>>
I'm not /pol/itical at all but it did kind of bug me in The Woman who Lived when it cut to the crowd and like half the people there were black or Asian
>>
>>63140901
The Unquiet Dead and Robots of Sherwood shows that he knows how to have fun. His audio dramas are even more fun.

Definitely not the best writer, but he knows Who.
>>
File: Audience.webm (729 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
Audience.webm
729 KB, 1000x576
>>
>>63140947
there's claras all across his timeline up until his 11th incarnation
>>
>>63140945
I'd be very up for coshowrunners yeah. God, if I could just somehow convince the BBC to make Roberts and Ford coshowrunners, I would have my perfection version of Doctor Who finally

Also I want the Beebs to change the title to "Doctor Who?" with the question mark officially just for fun

>>63140958
Yup, pretty much. He'd be a better showrunner than writer.
>>
>>63140860

Doesn't matter what my reasoning is, the point is the Doctor didn't seem to care. That's why he wasn't beating at the diamond over and over again and paused to tell the story.

Also, he doesn't remember until he actually reaches the diamond wall. And then he remembers all trillion of his lives failing and is depressed. Running to get the shovel wouldn't even make that much of a difference. Just stay put and punch the thing and start over again as fast as you can.

If you only remember at the very end I'd rather die faster and restart so I could forget sooner. At the point where the Doctor is time is irrelevant. He knows he's there for eternity. 2 billion, 3 billion, 4 billion, does it actually even matter any more? In one billion years he'd have gone through the cycle several trillion times.

>Either way I sincerly doubt punching would have done much to the diamond ever. Thats just ridiculous.

Its erosion. It happens on Earth over millions of years. The Sphinx hasn't even been around for more than a few thousand years and its already eroding away. The Doctor was punching that wall for billions of years. The last we heard was 2 billion but it didn't end there. 2 billion years and 2 billion and 300 million years is a significant difference.
>>
>>63140956
Funnily enough, there was recently an article somewhere that went into the somewhat odd racial mixing that was going on in pre-Roman Britain. Now, obviously that was proper England in that episode, but the presence of a number of races is actually not entirely surprising. Our ancestors got around geographically a surprising amount. I'll see if I can find that article.
>>
>>63140947
In what way?
>>
I just hope the new companion is fappable

would hate for it to be some ugly bitch just because she is a person of colour.
>>
>>63141012
A forest in a bottle in a spaceship in a maze. Have I impressed you yet, Amy Pond?
>>
>>63140987
Eh, I think the question marks are best left in the past. Besides, the show has always been called Doctor Who. No need to change that.
>>
>>63140969
If they totally forget about that Timelord Clara that showed 1 which Tardis to take, in Name of the Doctor IE: the one that is most likely to still be alive. And on Gallifrey. Where he is now. I will flip every table. Just give him and Time Lady Clara a nice little reunion. That would totally fix how shit Face the Raven was. Just do this for me, Moffat.
>>
>>63140567
If the teleporter needed all of The Doctor's energy for each teleportation, how is the skull still there? Shouldn't it also been used up?
>>
Just watched Heaven Sent. GOAT Platinum Age season confirmed?
>>
>>63141033
Shit, even I was impressed.
>>
>>63140989

A hand is not hard enough to cause even microscopic erosion to a diamond. That's how hardness works. An object sufficiently harder than another object will not be able to receive any damage from that other, softer object. That's why the only way to cut diamonds is with diamond dust-coated tools.
>>
>>63140989

>And then he remembers all trillion of his lives failing and is depressed.

That doesn't make any sense though. I know he tells Clara 'I remember' but it doesn't make any seeense.
>>
>>63141023
Rumors are it's some bitch with HUGE tits.
>>
>>63141044
Moffat answered a fan question asking about that Clara. She wasn't a Time Lady, just a pleb class Gallifrreyan. She's dead at this point.
>>
>>63140873
>My problem with Gattis is that he favors Earth based stories and "spooky" Hammer Horror type stuff.
The exact same thing could be said of Davies Era Moffat stuff.
>>
>>63141037
All very true and one of the reasons I shouldn't be running the show, but I'd like it, ha. If I had my way doctor 13 would be McGann, the show would be called "Doctor Who?" and we wouldn't have series arcs, just a connection between a big premiere and finale, and fun romps in between (kind of like this year if the middle eps were fun and not serious)

>>63141089
That's for the next doctor, not companion, and she's a good actress and would do the job well IMO (hayley atwell). I'd prefer Paterson Joseph, but I'd be happy with her.
>>
File: 1445318714882.gif (2 MB, 245x264) Image search: [Google]
1445318714882.gif
2 MB, 245x264
>>63141089
the last two girls haven't had the biggest tits in the world and combined I have masturbated and killed more sperm to those two girls more than the doctor got killed of that creepy walking gear thingy with a camera.
>>
>>63141060
No, the overall mediocrity barring some small good scenes of the second part of most of these two parters, even the first part for The Girl Who Died, along with Sleep No More, already killed the Platinum Age dream. And ratings confirm it
>>
>>63141104
Which has been a huge weak point in both. We need more space stories.

>>63141106
You're JNT come back to life!
>>
>>63141120
>muh ratings
kek
>>
>>63141106
>we wouldn't have series arcs, just a connection between a big premiere and finale, and fun romps in between (kind of like this year if the middle eps were fun and not serious)

anon pls run the show. this is what i want
>>
>>63141072
I don't even get the Diamond line. I thought it was Ice initially. But you're describing perfect diamond. The wall looked like flawed diamond, which is much more fragile.

Whatever. Still makes no sense, because for some reason everything material got reset EXCEPT the wall??
>>
>>63141106
No, I'm not talking about Atwell. A few weeks ago Doctor Who bookies were predicting some young chick with really huge tits.
>>
>The King said, "The third question is, how many seconds of time are there in eternity?" Then said the shepherd boy, "In Lower Pomerania is the Diamond Mountain, which is two miles and a half high, two miles and a half wide, and two miles and a half in depth; every hundred years a little bird comes and sharpens its beak on it, and when the whole mountain is worn away by this, then the first second of eternity will be over."

>The King said, "Thou hast answered the three questions like a wise man, and shalt henceforth dwell with me in my royal palace, and I will regard thee as my own child."
>>
>>63141145
>ratings don't mean anything

pleb
>>
>>63141166
My bad then anon, I simply assumed. Who is this actress you speak of?

>>63141165
The wall was the gateway/passage to Gallifrey, the one bit "outside" the Confession Dial technically. It wasn't subject to the energy field.
>>
>>63141102
Pleb Gallifreyans don't regenerate? That's fucked up. Like seriously, that would make their society extremely fucked up.

Well, if you're right, Moffat gets to take the "Worst Episode Ever" crown from Davies.
>>
>>63141198
>Pleb Gallifreyans don't regenerate?
Correct.

>That's fucked up.
Yup

>Like seriously, that would make their society extremely fucked up.
What did you think Gallifrey was like? All Time Lord appearances show they are a messed up place. Their casual execution of 2 in The War Games, the entirety of The Deadly Assassin, the Rassilon revalations in Zagreus and The End of Time...the TIme Lords were pretty bad people most of the time
>>
>>63141198
Wasn't Gallifreyan society always supposed to be pretty fucked up?
>>
>>63141102
Would... she? They never made it clear how Gallifrey's timeline relates to the rest of the Universe. A lot of stuff only makes sense if all the Gallifrey stuff is happening at the same time as Earth's Present. Making the safest assumption of that Clara's age to be 70 years old/

C'mon Moffat. Give us a little proper fanservice once in your damn life.
>>
File: Michelle-Keegan-Bikini-HQ--08.jpg (378 KB, 2200x2470) Image search: [Google]
Michelle-Keegan-Bikini-HQ--08.jpg
378 KB, 2200x2470
>>63141190
>Who is this actress you speak of?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/21/michelle-keegan-doctor-who-assistant-jenna-coleman_n_8169264.html

Her name is Michelle Keegan apparently.
>>
>>63141214
...which makes me still question why Moffat was so goddamn set on bringing them back.

>>63141227
Yes, unless you ask Moffat, to which it's apparently perfect.
>>
>>63141198
Time Lord Society is shit.

>>63141241
But that Clara met the first Doctor before he ever left Gallifrey. The second Doctor said he was 450 years old, later the 4th is like 750. She's long dead m8.
>>
>>63141248
> Michelle Keegan
good god almighty I actually don't think my penis will be able to contain itself.
>>
File: muhclara.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1141) Image search: [Google]
muhclara.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1141
So fucking hyped
>>
>>63141279
>...which makes me still question why Moffat was so goddamn set on bringing them back.

Because it sets up for more stories involving a fucked up time lord society.
>>
>>63141279
>Yes, unless you ask Moffat, to which it's apparently perfect.
But he's not portraying them as perfect. Some are fucked up, particularly the ruling class, plenty of others on Gallifrey aren't.
>>
>>63141279
Is the idea of intentionally creating something that isn't perfect for interesting storytelling really that hard for you?
>>
>>63141248
Oh, I know of her. Always wanted her to play Arianne in GOT but they cut that character.

>>63141279
He might be bringing them back as villains. His point of the 50th seemed to be "yes Time Lords were mostly absolutely fucking bad (ie Rassilon) but there are still some good ones (the General seemed pretty good) and most Gallifreyans are innocent and it's worth saving the good"
>>
>>63141198
>implying you should hand near-immortality to just anyone and not only people who earn it
>implying everyone living for hundreds of years wouldn't lead to overpopulation and an even shittier society
>>
>>63141165

He actually said it was some other material that's "400 times harder than diamond." So it's even LESS possible for his hand to cause even the slightest possible erosion. Even the shovel would just break without leaving even a scratch on the wall.
>>
Can someone explain what the fuck was with the "bird" part? It's the only bit I didn't understand??
>>
>>63141334
It means, my balls, anon, they itch.
>>
>>63141333

trillions of punches later it does. i don't think your brain is conceptualizing just how fucking long the Doctor was punching that wall.
>>
guys stop posting
im going to sleep now
wait for me
>>
>>63141284
But that's his personal-timeline age, otherwise it would be different everytime he traveled in time. He's not measuring his age in relation to Gallifrey: That would be stupid.

For example, If he left Gallifrey at age 70, spent 800 years away, then returned to Gallifrey the moment he left, he would be 870, not 70.
>>
>>63141372

The force with which his hand hits the wall is irrelevant. Are you aware of how hardness works? Skin and bone is physically too soft to put a scratch on a diamond, no matter the force. That wall was 400 TIMES HARDER than diamond.
>>
>>63141420
Will do, anon.
>>
Anons is it possible the President next week is Erasamus Darkening, not Rassilon?
>>
>>63141241

That wouldn't make any sense because the Doctor doesn't age based off of how long he spends on Earth and the fucking Time War happened.
>>
>>63140989
>And then he remembers all trillion of his lives failing
No he doesn't.

>In one billion years he'd have gone through the cycle several trillion times.
>implying several thousand cycles per year
>implying many cycles per day
I don't think it happened that fast.
>>
>>63141432
He's not a human... what can we know about his consistency?
>>
>>63141439

It's almost certainly not Rassilon.

Perhaps it's Romana?
>>
>>63141314
>>63141310
But they're so impossibly advanced, it would be hard to portray that. That's why I liked that Davies cut it out: To leave it to our imaginations.

Classic Gallifrey stories are like... "how the fuck did these clowns discover time travel?"
>>
>>63141421
what the fuck are you talking about

you think only 70 years have passed on gallifrey since hartnell left?
>>
>>63141334
Refer to >>63141184

It should make it pretty clear
>>
>>63141470
Oh well? Classic Who did it and those stories were great.
>>
>>63141334
He was giving himself a clue about the "bird pecking a diamond mountain" story. It only made sense to him once he saw the diamond wall.
>>
>>63141444
>No he doesn't.

He literally says he remembers it all. Watch the scene where he breaks down and tells Clara he can't keep doing it forever and wants to confess.

>>63141444
>I don't think it happened that fast.

Maybe not once a day but certainly more than once a year. We also don't know how long it took, just that it was at least 2 billion years and definitely more.
>>
>>63141470
One of them is the main character of the show for the past 52 years. It's not that hard to portray.
>>
>>63141459

The Doctor's hand has been cut off by a metal sword. That means his skin and bones can be cut by materials less hard than diamond. Meaning that a material 400 times harder than diamond is unimaginably far beyond the scope of the consistency of his skin and bones.
>>
>>63141334
High up in the North in the land called Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is a hundred miles high and a hundred miles wide. Once every thousand years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. When the rock has thus been worn away, then a single day of eternity will have gone by.
>>
>>63141464
>t's almost certainly not Rassilon.

Why? He has the gauntlet. He's credited as the President.

>>63141470
Big Finish did it well but i agree its hard
>>
>>63141323
>Implying Moffat has ever had a plan.

Not when you could write about literally anything else. An extremely advanced society being also extremely fucked up is more misanthropic than I like.
>>
>ywn watch the epic lightning battle between Simm-Master and Dalton-Rassilon in which they both regenerate
>>
>tfw Hell Bent is gonna ruin everything just like the second part of every finale for the past 10 years
>>
>>63141546
I just don't see the Master as having left enough of Rassilon to be brought back to life ever again.
>>
GUYS!!!! STOP!!!

My dick is hard.
>>
>>63141546

Because you don't replace Timothy Dalton with just some old guy.
>>
hey boys. make sure to check out my new film. you'll love it.
>>
>>63141478
>>63141494

Ah I see now. Thanks!
>>
>>63141332
>People who earn it
>Some of the most devastatingly fucked up people to ever exist.

I bet you're a libertarian.
>>
Why does the Doctor even know what the stars look like 2 billion years in the future? He almost never goes that far in the future, you could probably count the number of times he's done so in the show on one hand. Did he somehow memorize all the star charts from all times and locations ever? What a waste of brain power, even for someone with an incredibly large memory like the Doctor.
>>
>>63141608
That's your girlfriend's new film, Matt.
>>
>>63141608
>Leaves Doctor Who to be a movie star

What a maroon!
>>
>>63141332
>overpopulation
Don't make human assumptions on Gallifreyan gestation periods.
>>
>>63141633

Star being in inverted commas, I hope.
>>
>>63141571
>Big Bang
>implying Last of the Timelords wasn't goat and that the finale wasn't ruined in part 3
>>
>>63141624
Star position can be calculated. Assuming he has mad math skills.
>>
>>63141624
2 billion years is simply not that long, senpai.
>>
>>63141575
>implying Rassilon can truly die
>implying the other Time Lords would let the Master try as much as he wants
>implying the Master had enough life energy to blast Rassilon into such a state
>>
>>63141624

He knows he's within 1 light year of Earth and can thus calculate the position of the stars using math.
>>
>>63141624
>Did he somehow memorize all the star charts from all times and locations ever?
Yes, this is literally one of the first things we learn about the Doctor. Catch up, noob.
>>
>>63141624

You don't need to look at star charts from every time period.

Using math, you can calculate where stars will be in any number of years.
>>
Anyone else sperg over how the Doctah can keep perfect time, one second at a times?

Loved that detail.
>>
>>63141605
...Donald Sumpter is a well known British television actor. Yes he isn't as good as Dalton but did you honestly think the BBC could afford Dalton long term? If Moff wants to tell gallifrey stories he needs an affordable actor.

Plus dalton has been busy filming all year anyway so they couldnt get him and its not like theyd wait for him

>>63141575
youre thinking of story mechanics which are 100% irrelevant.

>>63141608
is he gonna make it bros?
>>
>>63141624
>What a waste of brain power, even for someone with an incredibly large memory like the Doctor.

But you're fine with him calculating time and location by how wind feels on his slobbery finger? stop crying
>>
>>63141624

The Doctor is aware of all existing history and future he's not part of on account of being exposed directly to the Timestream. He frequently knows minor factoids about the lives of people he only just met because he has that knowledge tucked away and needs only access it. Pretty sure he's got the star charts in his head for all stars from the beginning to end of time. And/or this: >>63141666
>>
Is it just me, or has the background music in the past couple of episodes been incredibly loud? I guess I'm gettin' old, because I'm gonna have to go back and watch it with CC on because I only caught about a quarter of the dialogue in both episodes because the background music drowned everyone out. :P
>>
>>63141754
>the Docter's slobbery finger
>>
File: C.webm (1 MB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
C.webm
1 MB, 1000x576
>>63141656
>>
>>63141779
Don't care. Synths and accordians.
>>
>>63141795
oops didn't mean to reply to that
>>
>>63141772

He literally says that he's calculating it in the episode.
>>
>>63141667
>2 billion years is simply not that long,
The whole universe is less than 14 billion years old m8, it's pretty long even in the grandest scheme of things.

>>63141666
>>63141733
But you'd still have to know the historical facts of when the stars exist, or rather, when they'd be visible from Earth. Presumably some stars are going to come and go in a few billion years.
>>
>>63141072
>>63141165
>>63141333
>>63141432
>>63141532

Sanding is a really hard material with a softer material is totally possible since on a microscopic level at least one atom is moved, so as long as you have WAAAAYYYY more of the softer material it'll eventually happen.

Especially over an infinite timeline
>>
>>63141860
>The whole universe is less than 14 billion years old m8

so far
>>
>>63141795
12 isn't even my favourite but I seriously can't imagine any other actor who's played the Doctor pulling this episode off. Just thinking about some of them in this episode instead is bizarre.
>>
>>63141860
>The whole universe is less than 14 billion years old m8
maybe
>>
>>63141882
It will run out of stuff to make new stars in 10 or 100 billion years, so yeah 2 billion is a pretty significant time.
>>
>>63141860
>Implying the amount of time passed matters in a parallel universe that exists in a different timeline
>>
>>63141860

In the universe of Doctor Who, the universe lasts until the year 1 trillion. That means 2 billion years is 0.02% of the lifespan of the universe.
>>
guys stop posting let mesleep
>>
>>63141951
Never.
>>
>>63141951
Will do, boss.
>>
>>63141951
how did you feel about Heaven Sent, Anon?
>>
>assume control over time and space itself
>live like sandpeople and dress their kids with dirty clothes
Timelords, not even once.

>>63141941
>In the universe of Doctor Who, the universe lasts until the year 1 trillion
Oh right, forgot about that.
>>
>>63141951
Is this an epic new mæmæ?
>>
>>63141951
Goodnight.

Also, always remember the Doctor is dead and this current doctor is just a copy now.
>>
>>63141977
>implying that kid wasn't a Shobogan
>>
>>63141941
>lasts until the year 1 trillion

Nope, 100 trillion
>>
>>63141984
i want to go to bed but i dont want to miss /who/
what if i wake up and everyone hates the episode?
>>
The Doctor is dead!
Long live the Doctor!
>>
did they really need to repeat the same events what felt like 10 times over? i think we understood by the 4th
>>
>>63141885
I disagree and I think even Capaldi would disagree. Smith could certainly, certainly pull it off, and even though the way Tennant's Doctor was written would mean he'd be a bit more -- I guess the word for it is whiny? through the whole thing, he'd still pull it off. The Doctor is the Doctor.
>>
>>63141993
True, the real Doctor died in The Tenth Planet.
>>
>>63142001

Oh Jesus, really? Coulda sworn it was 1 trillion.

Okay, so 2 billion years is 0.0002% of the lifespan of the universe.
>>
>>63142017
I thought the same thougth on first watch, but now I believe the repetition effectively conveys gravitas to the insanity of his situation. I think it works, desu senpai.
>>
>>63142017
I wouldn't complain. They could've done an Endless Eight. Considering the budget for the show, they could've easily made this a fake two-parter at least.
>>
File: tumblr_nxgsxe4SHx1qbwjgso2_500.gif (2 MB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxgsxe4SHx1qbwjgso2_500.gif
2 MB, 500x220
>>63141491
>>
>>63142020
I loved Smith, in fact I prefer 11 to 12 so far. But I could not see him carrying this whole episode. Ditto for Tennant. I didn't even notice that Capaldi was alone the whole time, talking to himself. Smith or Tennant would be a different story after the first 20 minutes or so.
>>
>>63142038
>2 billion years is 0.0002% of the lifespan of the universe.
maybe
>>
>>63141885
Hurt and/or Eccleston could, and MAYBE Colin, but no else
>>
>>63142020
The Doctor is the Doctor. Not all the actors are equal though.
>>
i'm sorry guys i was rude
forgive me
>>
>>63142068

In the Doctor Who universe that's a fact. We've seen the end of the universe, when the final star burns out, and that's in the year 100 trillion.
>>
So what was that fucking octagon in the floor with all of the arrows pointing to it? Did anything happen in that room at all? They kept showing it at the end during the groundhog day sequence like it was important but I think the doctor looked at it for about 10 seconds and said "Huh, that's weird" and left.

Did I miss something?
>>
>>63141885
Tennant could pull it off. It wouldn't be as reserved though.

He'd be much more visibly angry during the punching, and a sad anger crawling up and sacrificing himself, but he'd pull it off
>>
File: Space_Museum.jpg (52 KB, 480x359) Image search: [Google]
Space_Museum.jpg
52 KB, 480x359
>>63142079
Of course you're forgiven.
>>
>>63142091

That confused me, too. I don't think it's actually significant, despite there being a dozen arrows around it.
>>
>>63142084
>We've seen the end of the universe,
maybe
>>
>>63141896
>>63142068
>>63142126
New meme?
>>
>>63142096
nah

tennant would be one of the worst. his performance would be so grating after no time at all. tenth doctor needed others to bounce off and he wasn't very introspective.
>>
>>63142148
>New meme?

__no_
>>
>>63141475
Maybe. We literally have no way of knowing, because it's never been established. But the idea time has been moving there in real time makes more sense than the alternative: That would explain...
>Why the doctor keeps returning to this period of linear time, albeit on Earth.
>Why in Classic Who, why messages for The Doctor, from other Timelords, come to him in our Present.
>>
>>63142148
maybe
>>
>Doctor exits the prison

"What they didn't know is that I was the hybrid the WHOLE time!"

>Hey guys the prison we created just opened and the doctor admitted he was actually the hybrid, good thing we put those sensors there huh
>>
>>63142041

>eight episodes of Heaven Sent

Wouldn't even be mad.
>>
>>63142172
>come to him in our Present.
I thought they came to him in his TARDIS. That would be how they tracked him I'm assuming.
>>
>>63141525
Yeah it is. Gallifrey stories suck ass.

>>63141532
Like OP said, you'd need something coated in Diamond dust.

Which is what the Doctor was doing everytime he reached his hands into the dust around the labyrinth.
>>
>>63142158
>tenth doctor needed others to bounce off and he wasn't very introspective.

But what if he needed those people around o that he wouldn't look into and at himself? He clearly has problems with the War and what he has to do and can do at times. Alone by himself we'd see it all come out, Time Lord Victorious and all.
>>
>>63142195
Surely the Doctor would put the kaibosh on any tracking method the Time Lords would utilize.
>>
>>63142207
>Gallifrey stories suck ass.

Fuck you, faggot! Deadly Assassin is GOAT!
>>
>>63142181

I thought that was retarded as well. He even says, TO HIS INTERROGATOR, "I'm pretty sure you can still hear me, so between you and me..." Why would he admit it openly like that? It would have made more sense if they had a way for him to ONLY say it to the audience, like if he made sure the interrogator wasn't listening in, then smugly confessed to being the hybrid.
>>
>>63142195
That would also suggest time on Gallifrey is moving as we, in the present, experience it. Like I said.
>>
>>63142230
Trial of a Time Lord, sucker of cocks.
>>
anyone know how Maisie/Me got to Gallifrey with the Confession Dial?
>>
>>63142214
he would be boring by himself
>>
>>63142238
He lies.
>>
>>63142259

If that happened, it will be explained in the next episode, I'm sure.
>>
>>63142259

>"The Hybrid destined to conquer Gallifrey and stand in its ruins... is Me."
>>
>>63142251
But why would it be synced to earth in our present? That makes no sense.
>>
>>63142258
Trial of the Valeyard, dong licker.
>>
>>63142207
>Which is what the Doctor was doing everytime he reached his hands into the dust around the labyrinth.

Not that anon, but that wasn't diamond dust, that was the Doctor's ashes/dust left by his dead body.

And if there was any diamond dust,where did it come from in the first place if we are to posit that the hand and shovel wouldn't chip anything off in the first place
>>
>>63142158
>>63142077
Are you more thinking the *actor* couldn't pull it off or the *Doctor* as the respective regeneration was written? Capaldi is undeniably a cut above Tennant and Smith, but that's a credit to Capaldi than they're shit; they're all good actors.

As the respective Doctors, the unfortunate precedent set for 10 is he'd have to be a bit whinier throughout the episode, especially when we hit the self-sacrifice point of the episode, but his Doctor did have a quiet intensity and when he shouted at people, it wasn't really of consequence who was getting shouted at. I think more the Eleventh was the one who needed to 'bounce off' of people and get feedback -- the TARDIS scenes would probably be something more like the Mr. Clever Cyberplanner brain scenes in Nightmare In Silver, he's old and he's tired and weary but his brain is still a hyperactive mess and you'd have him arguing with himself in his mind.
>>
>>63142280
>it will be explained in the next episode
maybe
>>
>>63142238
It's because the hybrid is Me, and he knows they won't get that.
>>
>>63142259
Well, they're communicating with her somehow. If information can be transmitted, worst case scenario, she teleported.
>>
>>63142297
Coincidence for plot reasons
>>
>>63142294

OH
SHIT
SON

I never even considered that.
>>
>>63142217
They found him easily enough in Genesis of the Daleks.
>>
>>63142263
>the most vain Doctor
>the Doctor who's internally conflicted as fuck over the power he can wield and how to use it
>the one who feels guilty as fuck over what's happened to his companions and all he's lost
>forced alone with an enemy he cannot defeat, cannot outsmart and that we learn at the end of each cycle, kills him without fail
>boring

Wot?
>>
>>63142301
surely the Doctor would have carried some amount of dust on him to the teleporter room each time.

I'm not saying it's significant, just logical.
>>
>>63142181
>the prison we created
Did you not get the part where he broke out? Also I think it was automated. They just wanted him to say his name so Gallifrey would be free. That was the whole point. I doubt someone was tasked with actively observing the Prison for 6 billion goddamn years.

There's a lot of details here that need to be explained in the next episode. Like
>Did the Time Lords make the prison? Or is it some kind of standardized Time Lord will. It was inside the Doctor's Last Will & Testiment. Is that normal? Maybe, as he figured out the rules extremely quickly.
>>
I screamed
>>
>>63142323
But only 52 years have passed in our Earth present since the show began. The Doctor has been away from Gallifrey longer than that, not counting his time traveling, he's just aged that much by virtue of being alive, and he doesn't stay on Earth and only have adventures there. If Gallifrey's passing of time is synced to anything it's to the Doctor.
>>
>>63142354
None of your questions will get answered, senpai.
>>
>>63142297
I don't know why.

Yet it is. It's the thought I get everytime he get's a message from another time-traveler.
>>
File: courseyoudid.jpg (33 KB, 580x200) Image search: [Google]
courseyoudid.jpg
33 KB, 580x200
>>63142355
>>
>>63142344
yes, tenth doctor is boring

a whiny self absorbed doctor alone in a torture castle would behave in an overly dramatic manner which would bore me to tears
>>
>>63142353
I already addressed that part

>if we are to posit that the hand and shovel wouldn't chip anything off in the first place
>>
>>63142300
Given what we already know, River Song is actually most likely to be the Valeyard. She was conceived, not during the 12th regeneration, but very soon after.
>>
>>63142400
Then that's just in your opinion then m8.

I'd watch it
>>
This episode was actually torture. Had to skip it. Worst episode ever?
>>
>>63142354
I thought the whole thing was in a parallel pocket universe or whatever, so when he came out it had actually only been a few days or whatever.

Timelords have done that kind of shit before.
>>
File: dag_nasty.jpg (42 KB, 604x454) Image search: [Google]
dag_nasty.jpg
42 KB, 604x454
>>63142438
>
>>
>>63142438
That's cool, anon.
>>
>>63142464
>You will never have teenage girls worship a cardboard cutout of you at their sleepovers
>>
>>63142365
>The Doctor has been away from Gallifrey longer than that
This statement is based on nothing.
>>
>>63142502
>implying 11th didn't explicitly say he spent a few centuries in hiding.
>>
>>63142502
What? It's based on him giving his age as 450, 750 and 900 at different times in his life. He's also sat on Trenzalore for hundreds of years alone.
>>
>>63142400
>Implying the most self-absorbed doctor isn't 11.
11's series all had one thing in common: They revolved around saving his own stupid singular life rather than entire civilizations.
>>
>>63142502
You're saying the Doc's been away from Gallifrey for only 52 years?
>>
File: Jenny a best.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jenny a best.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>63142464
>ywn have legal teen pussy on tap like Tennant does, or a wife as best as the one Tennant does

Why even live
>>
>>63142538
when did I say he was the most self absorbed? 11 would be almost as boring as 10 in the castle. only saving grace for 11 is he wasn't as whiny.
>>
>>63141432
Good thing the doctors bones are 401 times harder than diamond!
>>
>>63142118
The arrows are pointing out that the octagon was GONE, and when the doctor dug up the grave, he found the stolen octagon, with "Im in 12" written on it
>>
The day you lose a loved one isn't the worst. At least then you have something to do.

It's the days on days after when they stay gone that it becomes hell.
>>
>>63142455
I'm just saying it's in real time, or the Tardis is just selecting totally random moments to deliver Time-mail to the Doctor. I mean... the Moment had to have been activated between 1996 and 2005 in our time, otherwise what dictates before/after the timelock?
>>
>>63142601
I just assumed that from a linear standpoint, Gallifrey had ALLWAYS been timelocked. Time Lords were always a myth.

Like how Douglas Adams said Time Travel was invented simultaneously at all points in time.
>>
>>63142601
>the Tardis is just selecting totally random moments to deliver Time-mail to the Doctor
It's probably the best explanation if you want an in-universe one.
>you always get me where I need to be and so on
>>
>>63142525
From the Doctor's personal perspective. Not the people on Gallifrey's.
>>
>>63142464

What a wild party.
>>
>>63142582

Nice try. Everyone knows the only bone that much harder than diamond is the Capaldick itself.
>>
New thread

>>63140627

>>63140627

>>63140627
>>
>>63142648
>bumped his own shit thread that was on previously on page 8
>directing people to it 60 posts early

Stop the fucking autism
>>
>>63142644
He was thinking of Clala the whole time. So I guess that wasn't his hand after all.
>>
>>63142648
Fuck off. We're nearly 100 posts under limit. You'll get the general deleted by spamming threads.
>>
>>63142537
If that's how he counts his age, you're saying his age is a negative integer if he travels in time to before his birthdate. No. His age is lived time.

The time I'm talking about is Non-time-travel-related-time.
>>
>>63142590
No matter what I do you still won't be there.

;_;
>>
>>63142666
Like starwars? Shit they aint gonna do shit man.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.