[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a thread about how absolutely superb this film is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Prince_of_egypt_ver2.jpg (20 KB, 289x431) Image search: [Google]
Prince_of_egypt_ver2.jpg
20 KB, 289x431
Can we have a thread about how absolutely superb this film is? I honestly believe it's one of the best animated films of all time. It's honestly one of my favorite overall films if not my absolute favorite. Everything in it just feels like an absolute labor of love..
>>
>>63138089

i completely agree OP this shit is criminally underrated
>>
You just like it for the edgy plagues song.
>>
>>63140149
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4PcmWOS0Q&index=4&list=RDc2WjCHuYg4g

Fuck off, this song is incredible
>>
>tfw watched it all the time in private school
>tfw switched to public, recommended it to a history teacher, and then that teacher got in trouble for showing it
>>
>>63140164
That sucks anon. The movie is handled so well that it can be appreciated by even non religious people.
>>
File: 1446681832782.jpg (71 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1446681832782.jpg
71 KB, 621x621
>>63140164
>got in trouble
For...?
>>
>>63140236
Don't you know goy? Christianity is evil, and should be removed from everything to make room for Islam.
>>
>>63140264
Ummm Muslims believe in Moses too you know
>>
>>63140264
It's your fault for going to school in the UK.
>>
File: Burning-bush-3.gif (3 MB, 450x252) Image search: [Google]
Burning-bush-3.gif
3 MB, 450x252
>>63140264
>Christianity
But this is a Jewish film.
>>
>>63138089
>expecting the based Jews to put anything less than full effort into the story of Moses
>>
>>63140407
Well it shows, the film is absolutely breathtaking.
>>
>>63138089
The last great religious film and one of the best animated movies ever
>>
>>63140461
I really hate that it's as unknown as it is, because from an animation standpoint, I think it's possibly one of the greatest animated films of all time if not the greatest.
>>
>>63140428
Jews are just naturally more talented than the goyim

One Jew composed the score for pretty much every movie in the Disney Renaissance as well
>>
File: sad frog 2.png (124 KB, 395x388) Image search: [Google]
sad frog 2.png
124 KB, 395x388
>we'll never get an awesome animated movie about Jesus
>>
>>63140576
Honestly, they wouldn't do it justice. The fact that Prince of Egypt came out as fantastic as it did is a miracle, it showed actual character depth, with the characters having tension, regret, anger, all that. If they tried it with Jesus, it would be happy sunday school funtime Jesus and it wouldn't be as dramatic.
>>
>>63140576
You don't want that.

It would be 3D computer animated shit.

Or anime.

Actually...
>>
>>63140972
Anime Jesus might be cool
>>
It really is a beautiful film. Gets me emotional in a lot of moments. I love that scene where the lightning shows the outline of the whale in the Red Sea. Has a real sense of wonder to it
>>
>>63141473
I adore anytime the setpieces of Egypt are shown. Holy hell the end of the first Deliver Us music number where it shows the entire skyline of Egypt is just remarkable.
>>
>>63140149

The Plagues isn't even the best song in the movie, pleb.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=s2A3LaYDlHM
>>
>>63138089
Probably my favorite animated movie of all time

>Everything in it just feels like an absolute labor of love..
it's because it is.
>Val Kilmer and the rest of the cast stayed long after work hours just to get the lines right
>Based singers
>music is of biblical proportions (pun intended)
>great casting
>plot is tight and so is pacing
>took 3 year to make
>actually used a blend of old and new animation techniques
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.