[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doctor Who General - /who/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: 1367589961091.gif (2 MB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
1367589961091.gif
2 MB, 230x250
Get Bent Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxvGCYzh8aY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yak3ujqxDw

Erstwhile on /who/: >>63128483
>>
>>63130649
pls make this a The Thick Of It general instead
>>
>>63130649
DOCTOR POO IS SHIT NOW.
>>
Ashildr is the hybrid
>>
Can't we just go back to the quiet little excursion setup?
>>
A BILLION YEARS!!
>>
File: lights.webm (983 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
lights.webm
983 KB, 1024x576
>>
Heaven sent: Greatest episode in five seasons.
>>
File: PhF5iDM.jpg (1 MB, 3595x3420) Image search: [Google]
PhF5iDM.jpg
1 MB, 3595x3420
HYPE
>>
>>63130649
>Hey! The Doctor made everything on his power to save us from anihilation! let's be dicks to him!
>Great idea!
>>
>>63131435
I'll have to see it first before I believe it
>>
>>63131419
>Death Gauntlet is back
So that's how Clara's alive again?

>>63131388
LOOMS
>>
I give the episode 12 GOAT's/ 10
>>
>>63131471
But how can they do the Looms and have a hybrid?
Also, if they canonize Lungbarrow, how about Faction Paradox?
>>
>>63131155
Its either a ruse of moffat i setting us up with a double ruse.
>>
How long was one cycle in the castle?
>>
Moffat really wants people to think Clara is the single most important person ever in the Doctor's life.

"LOOK HE MOURNED AND CRIED OVER HER FOR A BILLION YEARS!"
>>
>>63131523
A couple days at most
>>
>>63131435

Yeah but you people say this sort of shit twice a series.

Just like how every Dalek episode is "The best since 2005"
>>
>>63131511
>But how can they do the Looms and have a hybrid?
How can Eight have a mother and Seven remember the loom shit in the same book series? Time shenanigans probably.
>>
File: Vg33Qym.jpg (1 MB, 3779x2623) Image search: [Google]
Vg33Qym.jpg
1 MB, 3779x2623
>He also wants to find out more about the mysterious Hybrid, a creature that’s been a legend throughout Time Lord history and who he battled in the weird world he was trapped in before he got to Gallifrey. Can the Time Lords and Ohila provide him with all the answers he wants, though?
>The adventure also sees him come across a dalek and cyberman and ends with an almighty struggle that takes The Doctor to the end of time…

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/doctor-who/episodes/hell-bent
>>
When next week will be shit, I'll be really upset.
I usually get over DW finals being shit, but this time I will be so mad to witness all that wasted potential...
>>
>>63131529
>>63131529
This. They were trying way too hard. I think without that bullshit bit the episode wouldn't be so criticized.
>>
Just watched it, this is easily Capaldi's best episode until now.
>>
>>63131511
what are the looms?
>>
>>63131571
It feels like the Daleks haven't actually done anything in their episodes for quite some time now

They just kind of stand around and occasionally shoot at things
>>
>>63131529
even though for him it felt like a day or two at the most
>>
Feel free to call me a blithering retard but why didn't his "death" trigger any regeneration?
>>
>>63131571
I've not said such a thing for five seasons. most episodes have been underwhelming, this one was genuinely good if you find the doctor as a character interesting.

if you just watch for cuties and silly jokes then it might not be the best episode. But to me it was.
>>
>>63131529
I think the point was that he has hell of determination and doesn't want to play by someone else's rules. Not that he's moping over Clara. Besides he doesn't remember shit and he won't be namedropping here next season like MUH ROSE was all s3 and s4.
>>
>>63131583
I wonder what the galifreyan writing on that headgear actually means.
>>
>>63131600
The Doctor has literally fallen in love with her.
Like full on infatuation.
Based on this, if Clara doesn't come back in some permanent form then The Doctor will remain enraged and angry for eternity.

Until he regenerates as a woman
>>
>>63131605
a book in the 90s made up some shit about Time Lord 3d printers that poop out fully grown Time Lords.
>>
>>63131529
The Doctor didn't even mourn Amy and Rory that hard and they were technically family.
>>
How did Ashildr, aka Me get to Gallifrey?
>>
>>63131583
Oh so we get to find out who/what the Veil is?
>>
>>63131626
some bullshit about being too weak to regenerate
>>
>>63131655
I'd watch that
>>
>>63131529
To be fair, she was his longest running companion. He spent however long as 11 with her, a thousand years on Trenzalore with her on his mind, plus all the time as 12. She also was incredibly important to him, being the one to talk him out of destroying Gallifrey.
>>
>>63131605
>what are the looms?
There's a book in which it's revelead that timelords are cursed with sterility by Karn Sisterhood and now reproduce asexually via genetic looms. It's like cloning. They are born adults.
This book contradicted by everything really.
>>
>>63131658
he moped around for a century
>>
>>63131605
Something introduced in the expanded fiction, books, then I think some of the radio plays mentioned it. The tl;dr version is, Time Lords are sterile because of shenanigans, so they made a way to procreate by having a machine randomly assemble a fully adult Time Lord.
It was made something of a point of contention in recent years, because the Master and the Doctor chatted about growing up on the Master's father's estate, and then the Doctor was shown as a child more recently, making the Looms seem unlikely.
>>
Golden age confirmed?
>>
>>63131614

Yep, that's why they're shit. Moffuck doesn't understand how to write Daleks at all. He think that just by having them appear he's doing them justice.

I mean Asylum was the perfect set up and he fucking blew it.

At least in the last episode they actually tried to shoot The Doctor. The Daleks went through this weird period where they would just stand there face to face with The Doctor and do precisely nothing.
>>
>>63131529
>"LOOK HE MOURNED AND CRIED OVER HER FOR A BILLION YEARS!"
I mean, if you completely misconstrue and twist what happened in the episode, certainly you might arrive at that conclusion.
>>
File: The Doctor is In.png (1 MB, 1920x788) Image search: [Google]
The Doctor is In.png
1 MB, 1920x788
>>63131677
Literally nothing.
It's just the consciousness of the Confession Dial The Doctor was trapped in this episode.
>>
>>63131690
He moped about Clara for over a billion years
>>
>>63131657
that sounds stupid, considering that they decided there are child time lords. Ot are those for secial purpouses (like creating warriors)?
>>
>>63131675
A key, a tardis, a tardis manual and immortality.
>>
>>63131684
If you're counting Trenzalore, then Handles was his longest companion.
>>
>>63131675
The Time Lords were in touch with her, perhaps the bring here there after the Doctor escapes his confession prison to try and reason with him. Or he brings her there because he's on the warpath and plans to end her.
>>
>>63131650
adidas
>>
>>63130649
Isn't that the "NO MORE SUNSHINE SUNSHINE" dude from skins?
>>
File: ciatardis.jpg (394 KB, 600x909) Image search: [Google]
ciatardis.jpg
394 KB, 600x909
>The hybrid, destined to conquer Gallifrey and stand in its ruins, is Smee
>>
>>63131731
We are counting Trenzalore.
>>
>>63131626

It's been well established that if you are killed really hard you can't regenerate.

Like at the start of Series 6 where 11 got shot, started regenerating and then got shot again before he could finish.
>>
>>63131751
Will we see Aidan Gillen play a Celestial Intervention Agency member soon?
>>
>>63131720
this book predates new who except for the movie and is contradicted by basically everything

>>63131719
no, from his point of view it had only been 2 or 3 days you idiot, he wasn't conscious for every single reset and he's coming straight from that street
>>
>>63131655
>>63131655
>yfw he regenerates into a woman played by Jenna Coleman
>>
File: The Doctor of Bel-Air.gif (2 MB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
The Doctor of Bel-Air.gif
2 MB, 499x281
>>63131751
>The Flight Plan I filed with the Time Lords lists Me, My Soldiers, Lord Rassilon, but only one of YOU.

>First one to talk gets to stay on my TARDIS
>>
>>63131765
The teselecta doesn't regenerate
>>
>yfw the reason they justified capaldi's doctor looking like someone he had met before was so the next regeneration can be played by jenna coleman
>>
>>63131626
Regeneration only works on slow deaths.
E.g

>Regeneration Deaths
Radiation poisoning
Blunt force trauma
Poison gas
Old Age

>Non Regeneration Deaths
Getting fatally shot, e;g: Dalek gun, headshot, artillery
Being incinerated
Drowning
Decapitation
Black dildo shrink ray
>>
File: tst-aidan-gillen.jpg (23 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
tst-aidan-gillen.jpg
23 KB, 800x450
>>63131780
You do realize that would break /tv/ right?
>>
>>63131843
who the fuck cares? just make it happen
>>
>>63131751
Aidan Gillen for new companion pls
>>
File: dweotpt2avi_002804800.jpg (24 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
dweotpt2avi_002804800.jpg
24 KB, 624x352
>>63131751
TELL ME ABOUT OMEGA, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK
>>
>>63131843
I cant wait for all the funposting
>>
>>63131579
The books had different authors who tried to steer things their way with no real central editor
The show has a main producer Moffat who decides what stays in final edits
As an example they cut a scene where 10 gives rose and handy a tardis cutting
>>
>>63131807
Turn Left. Donna overhears someone from UNIT say that the Doctor must've been killed faster than he could regenerate, or something like that.
>>
File: Dr Emmerich I'm Diamond Dog.jpg (460 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dr Emmerich I'm Diamond Dog.jpg
460 KB, 1920x1080
>>63131866
>>63131889
>>63131890

No you don't understand.

Gillen being in anything even remotely related to baneposting causes an exponential resurgence of dank memes and posts.

Him playing a member of an organization which literally abbreviates to C.I.A. is ASKING for trouble.
>>
>>63131807

But wasn't it actually 11 in the first time line?
>>
>>63131916
They could always pull "ancient history" card.
Come to think of it, Jenny was loomborn. Technically.
>>
File: bloody.webm (622 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
bloody.webm
622 KB, 1000x576
>>
>even dead, clala still manages to lower an episode's quality
Brilliant, simply brilliant!
>>
File: Pertwee Jr checks.png (231 KB, 642x362) Image search: [Google]
Pertwee Jr checks.png
231 KB, 642x362
>>63131889
COS WITIN DAT MORSK TER BEE NUTHIN LEHFT OV TUH POR LAD, AH TORLD YOO ORL DISH YESTURDAE STOHP ARSKING STOOPID QUESTUNS MORSTAH BROOSE.
>>
File: 3090097-3481371533-omega.jpg (34 KB, 290x400) Image search: [Google]
3090097-3481371533-omega.jpg
34 KB, 290x400
>>63131938
Or perhaps he's wondering why you would Dmat someone, before throwing him out of a TARDIS
>>
>>63131938
and I said who the fuck cares.
I don't care if the gook has to wipe the board as an outcome of the shitposting, I want it to happen
>>
File: VELVET IS IN THE HOUSE.webm (2 MB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
VELVET IS IN THE HOUSE.webm
2 MB, 1000x576
>>
File: time-lord-omega.jpg (123 KB, 861x1288) Image search: [Google]
time-lord-omega.jpg
123 KB, 861x1288
>>63132008
You think Time is your ally?
>>
Well that was a good episode

Until that very bit at the end where they fucked up everything

What is he half human again or something how is the Doctor a hybrid suddenly?
>>
>>63131836
Drowning is a fuckload slower than blunt force trauma or most poison gas and radiation poisoning deaths, and how is a 1.5d long death not slow enough?
>>
File: BEAUTY.webm (154 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BEAUTY.webm
154 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>63130995
Kiss my sweaty balls, you fat fuck!
>>
File: Happy Rassilon.jpg (21 KB, 640x345) Image search: [Google]
Happy Rassilon.jpg
21 KB, 640x345
>>63132044
>tfw keked Omega out of being master of Gallifrey.
>>
File: 24.jpg (2 MB, 3995x3800) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
2 MB, 3995x3800
>tfw capaldi is the doctor that finds Gallifrey

so fucking happy. based moff.
>>
>>63130649
Okay, just one thing I didn't get 'cuz I was looking at my phone for a bit.
Is the true Doctor dead, and he had to clone himself a gazillion times to win, Prestige style? Or was it some time-loop shit?

Still, that was a fucking fantastic episode. I mean, 10 minutes in everyone guessed that it was the Doctor that pulled the leaver at the beggining, when he gets his coat back, it's pretty much confirmation. But the reason as to why he did it is much more interesting. When the montage starts and you just keep going ''wtf is happening'' and THEN it clicks in your head, it's just fucking fantastic directing and twist writing. gg Moff, hopefully you can finally write a good finale and this isn't Death in Heaven all over again. I mean, come on, Big Bang 2 was 5 years ago.
>>
File: Unnatural History Cover.jpg (978 KB, 762x1200) Image search: [Google]
Unnatural History Cover.jpg
978 KB, 762x1200
>>63131579
>How can Eight have a mother and Seven remember the loom shit in the same book series?
It's not the same series. One is the NAs, the other the EDAs.
Anyway, Faction Paradox have an answer for you.

‘Sweet,’ said the little boy. ‘That’s my favourite of your origin stories, too.’
The Doctor opened his eyes. He had been laughing, he realised, he felt that lightness in himself. The boys had all moved away, behind him, leaving him facing the empty dark of the warehouse.
‘What do you mean?’ he asked. His voice sounded very small.
‘Is this the version where they banned all mention of his name, and yours, for consorting with aliens? Or the one where he got every record of himself deleted from the files?’
‘Feel free to believe either of them,’ snapped the Doctor, ‘or both of them, or neither of them. If you’re curious about my past, I want there to be as many wrong answers as possible.’
‘Memory’s funny,’ said the boy. His face crept into the Doctor’s vision, a blur at the extreme right. ‘You remember something one way.’
‘And then someone tells you it happened a different way,’ said the boy, from his left.
‘Are you remembering what happened?’
‘Or are you just remembering remembering it?’
‘And then it sleeps in your mind. Until one day. . . ’
He felt the needle flex inside him.
‘All gone,’ said the boy.
‘Did you –’ The smell of karmine pudding, the. . . Did you take –’ The smell of. . .
‘What’s gone?’ he asked, in a small voice.
>>
>>63132112
Somewhere behind him, one of the boys sniggered. The sound echoed around the crowded kitchen, set off more voices, until a whole chorus of the little boy were jeering at him behind his back.
He waited out the sound.
‘Your turn,’ he told the boy wearily. ‘The location of the unnaturalist’s hideout. That’s all I need.’
‘Coming right up.’
The boy’s hand reached into the corner of his field of view, unclipping the vials from the sampler still deep inside his head, snapping an already-filled set into place.
The ping of a trigger spring. The needle slid out of his skull.
‘You cheated,’ he said. ‘I already knew the address. I remember tracking one of the Henches to the old music shop.’
Giggling. ‘Memory cheats,’ said a boy.
‘But it happened,’ said the Doctor. ‘You didn’t just implant a memory. You changed my biodata. You changed my past!’
‘Are you sure?’
‘It’s impossible,’ said the Doctor. ‘It’s impossible for my people. Our past is unreachable. What’s written can’t be unwritten.’
‘Who said your history can’t change?’
Another boy answered, ‘Someone from his history.’
And another: ‘Maybe it’s the second-biggest lie in Time Lord history.’
‘Maybe it changes all the time.’
Someone giggled. ‘Let’s play pin the tale on the donkey.’
‘Maybe you didn’t use to have a father.’
‘Maybe you’re living in the middle of a time war. Maybe there’s an Enemy out there –’
The Doctor shouted, ‘I’m not listening!’
‘– who’s rewriting you when you’re not looking!’
‘Maybe you weren’t always half human.’
‘But now you’ve become always half human.’
‘Maybe you weren’t always a Time Lord.’
‘But now you’ve always been a Time Lord.’
‘Maybe you originally came from some planet in the forty-ninth century. Fleeing from the Enemy who’d overrun your home –’
‘I said I’m not listening! Laa laa laa laa laa –’
‘– and you’ve just been written and rewritten and overwritten, ever since.’
>>
File: Rassilon and Omega.jpg (102 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Rassilon and Omega.jpg
102 KB, 900x600
>>63132008
>>63131889
>>63132044
>>63132084

>tfw I want Omega to come back as essentially TKDR Bane
>He confronts rassilon and breaks him
>Takes over Gallifrey
>It's up to The Doctor and The Master to take him down.

"Come Now Rassilon, now's not the time for fear - that comes later."

"I guess you'll have to imagine the sound of the drums Doctor."

'No one care who I was until I put on the mask" (Actually pretty accurate)
>>
>>63132048
>It's not a Dalek hybrid, the Daleks would never allow that

>What are the Alpha Beta and Omega Daleks, Dalek Sec, The Parting of the Ways Daleks, Necros Daleks, The child Dalek from Rememberance, The Dalek Dupilcates, the Dalek agents from Ressurection.
>>
>>63132054
If you're the guy making them, do one of him putting on the glasses on Gallifrey.
>>
>>63131626
The Doctor knew regenerating would do nothing because he wouldn't live long enough to punch/smash through the wall even if he went through all 13 of his new regenerations, and he could have also gone crazy during the thousands of years he'd spend alone.

He also needed to stay as his current incarnation in order to properly work the teleport to bring him back again and again, as regeneration would rewrite his dna to a point where it might not work.

I'm not sure if that's true, but it's what I've interpreted.
>>
>>63132144
‘Pin the tale!’
‘How d’you know it’s not true?’
‘How could you know it’s not true?’
The voices crowded in. ‘How would you know, huh?’
‘How would you know?’
‘How would ‘How would you ‘How ‘How would you know? you know? you
know? know?’
‘Why would I care?’ shouted the Doctor.The boy fell silent.
‘Now, are you going to let me out of this?’ He pointed with his eyes at the clamps holding his head in place. The boy on either side started to fumble with it. ‘Oh, never mind, I’ll do it,’ said the Doctor, reaching up with his freed right hand.
He turned his head, taking in the gloriously startled look of the boy on his right. The next dozen iterations were all staring at him, trying to work out how he’d got his hand free. Well, good. Let them wonder.
He went on extracting himself. ‘I’m sorry if you were hoping for a tormented scream of “Who am I?” Even if I’m only whoever I am at this particular moment, I’ve got enough other things to worry about besides the nature of reality.’
There was no wound on his temple, no puncture mark. Nothing.
He sprang to his feet, gave the boys a brief bow, and walked away.
He was halfway to the front door of the church when he saw the white hypercube, lying there, abandoned on the floor.
>>
Stream anywhere?
>>
File: sad12.webm (1 MB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
sad12.webm
1 MB, 1000x576
>>63132160
ok one sec
>>
File: Omega_Miles.gif (1 MB, 551x310) Image search: [Google]
Omega_Miles.gif
1 MB, 551x310
SO YOU CAME BACK TO DIE WITH GALLIFREY?!
>>
>>63132112
>>63132144
Delicious Faction Paradox.
Seriously want to see Moffat try and bring Lolita and Compassion to TV.
>>
>>63132194
Thank you, you are brilliant.
>>
>>63131720
>Ot are those for secial purpouses (like creating warriors)?

They had war looms specifically for that purpose in other books, yes. They were running low on battle ready Time Lords during the Second War in Heaven and basically left them running day and night for cannnon fodder.
>>
>>63132089
I'm glad Moffat had the resolve to wait a while before bringing Gallifrey back, and not making Capaldis run about looking for it.
>>
>>63132159
I really impressed how they made a great episode and then just ruined everything in the last 2 minutes

Also why aren't we allowed to do interesting things with the Daleks again? I mean other than the fact that literally everyone who ever worked on new who is terrible at writing for them
>>
File: cap2.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
cap2.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>Only Two Capaldi Series
>Female Master
>Davros
>Zygons
>Gallifrey

Is matt crying himself to sleep now for leaving?
>>
File: Omegha.jpg (70 KB, 768x513) Image search: [Google]
Omegha.jpg
70 KB, 768x513
>>63132158
>"What are you?"

>"I'm Gallifrey's reckoning - here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on."
>>
>>63132243
Well, he said in an interview that he regretted undoing its destruction, so...the wait may have been so he could find some way to justify really destroying it.
>>
>>63132158
>hybrid
>Omega
>Anti-matter and Matter
>>
>>63132256
>>Only Two Capaldi Series
"no"
>>
>>63131964
No. It was always the robot. The Doctor did not circumvent the fixed point in time, he just found out what it really was he saw.
>>
So basically, the doctor is a clone now.
>>
>>63132294
you know what I meant m8
>>
>>63132309
What are you talking about the real Doctor has been dead ever since that Reaper ate him
>>
>>63132277
Do you have a link to that? Sounds interesting.
>>
What did this actually represent? I noticed they flashed back to it when he was uncovering "I AM IN 12" but why?
>>
File: OMEEGA.jpg (74 KB, 944x531) Image search: [Google]
OMEEGA.jpg
74 KB, 944x531
>>63132290
>>63132259

Thread Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVN3wMXAtXQ
>>
Can we take a second to appreciate how amazing the score was this episode?
>>
>>63132309
No. He's the original.
>>
>>63132202
>Seriously want to see Moffat try and bring Lolita and Compassion to TV.
Will Mad Larry have a fit then?
>>
>>63132320
You meant like 'only two series in and this happened'? Rather than Capaldi will only do two?
>>
File: glasses.webm (1 MB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
glasses.webm
1 MB, 1000x576
>>63132235

>>63132355
yeah
>>
File: 1447621776503.png (87 KB, 201x224) Image search: [Google]
1447621776503.png
87 KB, 201x224
>>63132095
>>63132309
>>
>>63132309
Consider: the Doctor literally replaces every cell in his body every time he regenerates.
>>
File: 1436025403181.jpg (15 KB, 185x268) Image search: [Google]
1436025403181.jpg
15 KB, 185x268
So, to be clear, the Doctor we all knew and loved since 1963 began is dead and the rest of the show will be following his clone?
>>
>>63132095
According to doctor who extra it was all in his mind like a mini matrix inside the confession dial
>>
>A billion years on Fort Boyard ft. 'Arse'
GOAT episode tbph lads.
>>
>>63132337
It was in Doctor Who Magazine. http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-still-haunted-by-guilt-over-reversing-time-war-outcome-73938.htm
>>
Why did the Teselecta crew think the Doctor died? They're from the future.
>>
>>63132389
Not every cell

Otherwise he'd have no memories
>>
>>63132390
The Doctor already died in Turn Left, Fathers Day, and The Chimes of Midnight
>>
>>63132089
please tell me this isn't Capaldi last season
>>
>>63132350
Hard to say. He might be glad to be able to stop calling Gallifrey "the Home World," but he'll be said that he's now too mainstream to feature a child clone of Johnny Depp as a sex slave.
>>
>>63132434
because the teselecta crew hadn't taken part in the ruse yet. They knew the official recorded event, but not the truth.
>>
>>63132470
It isn't.
>>
File: Who dun it.jpg (116 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Who dun it.jpg
116 KB, 1600x900
>>63132390
>>63132385
>>63132095
>>63132309

How is it a clone when it's literally his past self?

The same exact shit was done with 11 and the Astronaut IIRC.

Christ, it's still him either way you spergs.
>>
>>63132256
They wouldn't write such things if it was Matt, most of those things fit the role of Capaldi's Doctor.
>>
>>63132383
Thanks!
>>
>>63132277
>He regrets undoing it

Ehhhh, I'm ok with it. The Doctor destroying the Time Lords had become too much of a crutch for the first three Doctors of Nu-Who, that I was ok with moving on. Having Time Lords also allowed many more potential stories. The way it was undone was rather pants though. Damn you Chris.

>We don't live in a world where the 9th Doctor did the "What I did, I did without choice" speech
>>
DOCTOR WHO IS HARD!
>>
File: jcb6t37w.jpg (148 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
jcb6t37w.jpg
148 KB, 1366x768
>>63132429
Thank-you!
>>
>>63132498
It's not his past self. When he was transmatted to the castle, the risidual signature of the Doctor was left in the memory of the transmat. He basically created a clone from his pattern in the buffer, like the two Rikers from that TNG episode.
>>
>>63132390
is this seriously what bothers people about this episode?

Not the whole I'm the hybrid bit at the end? Forget the awesome bit where the Doctor cloned himself a billion times to punch through a wall of diamond, lets freak out over how he is a clone, although passed on this logic he stopped being the Doctor and started being a clone the first time he used a teleportation device
>>
>>63132463
>Turn Left
Alternate universe

>Fathers Day
Didn't die, just got removed by the time reapers

>The Chimes of Midnight
Big Finish, never going to be considered canon by the show except for vague references to 8's companions
>>
>>63131626
He regents every time, but two doctors can't exist in the same timeline so every regen triggers an alternate dimension with a different doctor in it

He did that for 2 billion years so there are millions of alternate timeline doctors punching through walls and when they get to the end it will trigger the great doctor war. All the trapped doctors upon escaping will seek revenge on OG doctor for creating them in a prison

And so the doctor faces his ultimate challenge, an innumerable army of his future selves?

MOFFAT IS A GENIUS
>>
>>63132429
At least he admits it fucks the narrative.
>>
>>63132341
A clue to look at the sand which he ignore after leaving the teleport room
When he checked it he saw bird which was the clue about keep punching the wall
>>
>>63132498
It's not his past self you mong, it's the Nth 3D-printing of his past self. Even the first time he teleported he was no longer the doctor. I bet they did that so they could find an excuse for his next 13 regenerations (since he's essentially a fresh doctor now).
>>
>>63132498
>How is it a clone when it's literally his past self?
The Doctor does remark that it's a copy of him saved in the hard drive (which is then reproduced billions of times).
The distinction is meaningless though if you even accept that teleporters exist, for all intents and purposes there is no difference between when he first turned up there and when clone 2000000000000 popped out.
>>
>>63132403
thank you for clarifying but the stupid "doctor clone" will be a meme now
>>
>>63131626
It did, the Doctor just held it in. He even had a whole monologue on how ''their bodies keep trying to regenerate even if the person wants to die''
>>
>>63132566
There was no time travel in this episode.
>>
>>63132551
>>63132587

Oh Ok then. Either way it is still him. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>63132553
Yes, it is what annoys people because we don't have closure on what he's talking about with the whole "hybrid" thing. We'll discuss that part when Hell Bent concludes the arc. For now I'm just pondering over how the Doctor got disintegrated and now we're left with a copy of him.
>>
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Recap/DoctorWhoS35E11HeavenSent

Time Abyss: Due to the fact that Gallifreyan bodies take so long to fully die, the Doctor can return to the control room and effectively reset the conditions of the maze, each and every time he arrives he carries out the exact same actions, except in one room. Room 12 does not reset; each time he gets to it, he chips away at it, little by little. It took him 7000 years just to get into the room, and over 2 billion years to actually chip away enough to get through.

Then it is revealed just what the barrier was: The Time Lock. By breaking through, he can bring Gallifrey back into the main universe from its pocket dimension.

>Then it is revealed just what the barrier was: The Time Lock. By breaking through, he can bring Gallifrey back into the main universe from its pocket dimension.
>REPEAT: The LGTW(Last Great Time War) Time Lock is finally open!!!
>Horrors of the LGTW can go on the loose!!!
>>
I'm just waiting for io9 to put up their review so I can tell Charlie Jane why she's an idiot for whatever her interpretation of anything in this episode is.
>>
>>63132607
You missed the point
>>
>>63132566
checked and kek'd
>>
>>63132637
The Could've Been King with his army of Mean-Whiles and Never-Weres.
>>
>>63130649
I support Estelle as the next companion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic5vxw3eijY
>>
>>63132647
why bother with anything from gawker media? they're all dumb bloggers
>>
File: Aww Shit.jpg (52 KB, 570x394) Image search: [Google]
Aww Shit.jpg
52 KB, 570x394
>>63132637
Well Fuck.
Will The Nightmare Child return?
>>
>>63132635
yeah but on that logic, he was pretty much never the real doctor, any time he would have used teleportation would have become a copy of himself because that is basically how teleportation works

Its like complaining that the Star Trek characters aren't the real version because really they are all just "clones" made when teleporting, its nonsense to complain about this
>>
>>63132673
The Nightmare Child, the thing that scared even the Master.
>>
>>63132706
So I can call Charlie Jane an idiot. Did I not say that? I'm pretty sure I said that.
>>
>>63132463
I didn't even mention the fact that every atom in the universe in the entire continuum was reset in the Big Bang, so every character in Doctor Who is a clone of a dead and erased one.
>>
>>63132716
What did the emperor do with the cruciform?
>>
So will 12 be keeping this outfit now? It's easily the best he's had.
>>
Is the president character next episode Rassilon?
>>
>>63132720
Perhaps, but at least with regular teleportation it can be handwaved away as a journey. You go in one end of the teleport you can out the other, like a tunnel. With this, it's more like a mass produced Doctor machine.
>>
THE DOCTOR ISN'T A CLONE REWATCH THE EP
>>
>>63132637
Moffat doesn't give a shit about Time War lore, he completely left out the spooky monsters Rusty namedrops in End of Time
>>
>>63132637
why on earth was the timelock a wall of diamond
>>
>>63132716
>>63132673
>>63132736
Davros command ship actually flew into the jaws of the Nightmare Child!!

Think about how huge is must be!!!
>>
>>63132637
Classic TVTropes retardery.
>>
>>63132773
I hope so. Twelve doesn't seem like a single outfit kind of guy, though.
>>
>>63132783
I just finished re watching it, yes he is
>>
> yfw all this hybrid shit links back to early Clara as a Dalek episode.
>>
>>63132822
he went through multiple GOAT outfits in series 8
>>
So if the doctor is a clone, why doesn't he just get in there with an energy source and create an army of himself?
>>
>>63132783
NIGGA HE LITERALLY SAYS HE HAS A COPY OF HIM IN THE HARD DRIVE

YEAH SURE, THE DOCTOR THAT TELEPORTS IS IDENTICAL TO THE ORIGINAL ONE, SAME MEMORIES, SAME THOUGHTS, SAME PERSON

EXCEPT THE REAL DOCTOR IS DEAD AND NOW THERE'S AN IDENTICAL COPY OF HIM IN THE UNIVERSE

GET OVER IT, WATCH THE PRESTIGE
>>
So, the Doctor breaking the fourth wall--calling out the lack of viewers and chiding them into returning, or just cute?
>>
>>63132780
But that's something you could do with pretty much any form of teleporter at least based on the way we understand something like that to work

Think of the movie the Prestige, he teleported dozens of times, he also cloned himself and murdered the clones, the act of teleportation and the act of cloning are the same act in theory so I'm not sure what the problem is
>>
>>63132802
No, that's not the case at all. Try to picture the most unimaginable horror you've ever seen. Now make it even worse. It just can't be done, and trying to imitate it on screen is pointless because the result will always disappoint people. It's better that Moffat only showed us a small fragment of the time war because we weren't let down by depictions of the eldritch abominations the Time Lords released. We can let our imaginations tell us how horrible they were instead.
>>
>>63132778
Possibly, he could have replaced rassilon and inherited the hand.
>>
Visual art
>>
>>63132855
I'm not really a fan of any variation of t-shirt and hoody Doctor. His David Lynch look is way sharper.
>>
>>63132867
No look up YouTube doctor who extra
Moffat and capaldi say it was all in the confession dial / in his mind
>>
so when the doctor came out it appeared as though the place he was trapped was in his conventional dial

Why would his own confession dial contain such a place? Who was listening?

Didnt missy have the confession dial for a bit back in the premiere?
>>
File: 1448707862552.jpg (132 KB, 1649x931) Image search: [Google]
1448707862552.jpg
132 KB, 1649x931
>>63131600
>>63131529
>>63131658
>>63131719

Why do you guys watch the show if you don't even understand whats happening? He mourned her for 2-3 days the most. However long one cycle of a life was. The "twist" wasnt even that hard to understand
>>
File: 11 • Heaven Sent.jpg (227 KB, 827x1169) Image search: [Google]
11 • Heaven Sent.jpg
227 KB, 827x1169
reminder that
GOAT
O
A
T
>>
>>63132897
spooky
>>
>>63132897
That shit was creppy as fuck. All those skulls are actually the remains of every Doctor copy who got killed and revived to tear down the wall.
>>
wouldn't the sculls stack up until it was too shallow for him to dive in?
>>
>>63132806
Due to extensive research done by the University of Gallifrey, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to Time Lords. The research is as follows:
Pocket-protected scientists built a wall made of iron and crashed a diamond TARDIS into it at 400 miles per hour, and the TARDIS was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a TARDIS made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond TARDIS made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond travelling at iron TARDIS. This created a permanent schism in the fabric of time. They rammed a TARDIS made of metal into 400 miles an hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted Gallifrey's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving Gallifrey from a meteor the size of the Death Zone that the Master had sent hurtling toward the planet at 400 billion miles an hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a TARDIS moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 10000 wayward planes to freeze in geostationary orbit around the Earth. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a TARDIS made of wall travelling at miles per iron, and the result proved with out a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known to Time Lords.
>>
>>63132922
So he broke through to gallifrey with his mind?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yak3ujqxDw
The next episode is better.
>>
http://blogtorwho.blogspot.nl/2015/11/doctor-who-series-9-hell-bent-cast-list.html

Female General - T'nia Miller
she's black!!!
>>
>>63132922
So basically the whole episode was a mind trap? A prison for his mind so he would reveal the truth about the Hybrid, but he managed to break free of the prison?

So it's like that episode of TNG where Riker is in that mental hospital illusion. Riker strikes again!
>>
>>63132876
>calling out the lack of viewers and chiding them into returning
Er, probably not? That's the sort of baffling interpretation some fuddy duddy tabloid snarker would dream up.
Moffat did write up his personal view of it in a recent DWM, which is that he sees it as the Doctor talking to an imaginary audience so he can keep himself motivated (as we see in this episode where he imagines himself explaining his survival to Clara).
>>
>>63132583

Uh, no? He was given a whole new regeneration cycle.
>>
>>63132998
>riker
that was sisko
>>
Holy shit second best episode of nuwho ever, lets hope the finale isn't shit
>>
>>63132932
also, to him Clara had just died 15 minutes ago when he shows up at the teleport.
>>
Does this hybrid stuff pretty much confirm the Doctor is the Other?
>>
File: latest.jpg (47 KB, 871x871) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
47 KB, 871x871
>>63132390
Yes, just like Chief O'Brien. And Ensign Kim and baby Naomi Wildman.
>>
>>63133023
No, look up Frame of Mind. Riker is being put through an artificial reality while he's being probed for Federation secrets. He thinks he's in a mental hospital, but things start acting weird and he finally just wills himself out of the illusion.
>>
File: 1447982045262.jpg (21 KB, 540x543) Image search: [Google]
1447982045262.jpg
21 KB, 540x543
>>63132897
I think that was the point I realised what was going on, because my mind told me "Isn't it weird how that skull is almost exactly the right size and shape for Capaldi's head?"

Then it clicked.
>>
>>63132959
I initially thought that was going to have something to do with how he escaped.
>Finally I've built up enough skulls to crush the castle with the weight/build a stairway to the heavens!
>>
>>63132998
And it's like over 500 Big Finish serials with the same premise
>>
>>63132977
>Weeping Angels
Well, I guess it has been a series or two since we last saw them. Moffat was probably bursting.
>>
>>63132583
By that logic the first time he transmatted he was no longer the doctor.
>>
>>63132998
dude, like every other episode of star trek was about that, not just the frame of mind
>>
The ocean was very full of skulls after only 7,000 years. The skulls would reach the surface of the water after 2 billion? The Doctor shouldn't have been able to survive the fall after a while, he would have collided with a mound of skulls instead.
>>
Wouldn't the amount of skulls in the water eventually have become so great, they became a mountain? So when the Doctor jumps out of the window, at some point in time he would've just crashed into the skulls and died.
>>
>>63133039
confirms i fucked your mom m8
>>
>>63133018
We don't know that. Could've only been given one. One life to save Gallifrey. One shot. Could be why they went after him. He was dicking around. Though I can't blame him, considering the level of douchebaggery his people got up to in the past. And, look, if you had one shot, one opportunity, to seize your homeworld...you know.
>>
>>63133106
I know, but that was a particularly good one. Also the one where Riker thinks he's been in a coma for 12 years or something.
>>
>>63132583
Except everytime he uses all the energy of his regenerations to create a new doctor exactly like his past self, including the regenerations he had left.
>>
>>63133073
Well done, you just paraphrased a sentence in the exact post you were replying to.
>>
>>63133048
and everyone who ever used transporter
>>
>>63133112
I'm thinking they got spread out as the castle spun. they did show them floating around in one scene.
>>
>>63133114
yes but apparently the number of skulls needed to do that was greater than the 2 billion or so times he did it
>>
>>63133119
Well at least on mystery has been solved.
>>
File: Doctor Who – Utopia.jpg (46 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Who – Utopia.jpg
46 KB, 800x600
>>63131583
>that takes The Doctor to the end of time
Didn't we have that episode already?

Does this mean Jack is finally back?
>>
>>63133073
Well, by that logic, any person ever transorted via a transmat is no longer themselves, so he hasn't been the Doctor since...The Five Doctors is the earliest use of it I can think of.
>>
>>63132716
The Nightmare Child appeared last year, she was called Courtney. Fucking newfags.
>>
>>63133066
I really wish he'd never brought them back.
I mean, the S5 two-parter I could've lived with (until he fucking decided to show them moving) but now they just don't feel threatening anymore.
>>
>>63133039
No you stupid cunt
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxvGCYzh8aY
haha they make it look like he's going to regenerate but he's staying around for another year. I love the what what what comments by people who don't know.
>>
>>63133131
I meant used a transmat beam, which occurred first in classic who.

>play soma
>have existential crisis
;_;
>>
>>63133172
It's a big universe. Even at the end of time.
>>
I'm curious as to why Moffat hasn't milked his other RTD era creations like he did the Angels.
>>
>>63133223
Ahh, good point.

But Jack is back right? ;_;
>>
>GOAT episode
>GOAT capaldi outfit
>GOAT tardis lighting
>GOAT directing
>GOAT marigold music
>looms canon
>half human on my mothers side canon
best episode ever tbqh senpai
moffat in
>>
File: 14.jpg (1 MB, 4281x2854) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
1 MB, 4281x2854
Reminder. Don't hype Hell Bent. Heaven Sent was amazing, one of the best NuWho episodes BUT there's no way Hell Bent will live up to your expectations if you overhype it. Stay calm and safe.
>>
>>63132867
So what do you think the initial Doctor arriving in the maze was constructed from? The same data. The Doctor has either been dead the first time he ever used a teleporter or he's the same guy he always was.
>>
I love you, /who/.
>>
>>63133275
>half human on my mothers side canon
Get fucked
>>
>>63133255
He did kind of bring back the clockwork robots. And of course River.
>>
>>63133112
>>63133114
This
>>63133151
And the skulls below would have turned into limestone after a few million years.
>>
>>63133255
He did it even worse with River.
>>
>>63133261
Heh. Turns out Jack's the hybrid because he's been stuffed full of alien DNA.
You know EXACTLY what I mean.
>>
>>63132637

Wait, hold the fuck on I'm so fuckung confused.

I thought Gallifrey had just been dumped in a pocket universe? Why is the Time Lock relevant anymore? Since Gallifrey exists outside of normal timea and apace how can the old time lock still be in effect?

I have a dumb idea. 12 has broken the Time Lock on the same day his past incarnations sealed it in the pocket universe to begin with.

12 hasn't located Gallifrey in its pocket Universe at all, he's located Time Lock Gallifrey right at the end of the war.

This would also expalin how 10, 11 and War were able to make it back to Gallifrey despite their assumption that the lock was still in effect. 12 had broken it by that point.

It links up perfectly. Explains why 12 was present at the point his old incarnations were going to seal Gallifrey away. It also expalins why he was mad as fuck.

But still Gallifrey has to get sealed away so they can give 11 a new regeneration cycle through the cracks.
>>
Haven't been keeping up with series 9 but want to catch up. Is there any I should skip?
>>
>>63133255
The clockwork robots and the empty child were too specific to their respective situations (although we've had quasi returns of both the robots and the nanogenes). As for the Vashta Nerada, they're literally patches of darkness, not really recognisable enough as something you can eternally shove in for cameos.
>>
>>63133357
Sleep No More. The others are all good to GOAT, but that one is trash.
>>
>>63133337
From all of the alien food he eats?
>>
>>63133296
>doctors in gallifrey 2 billion years after Clara died on earth
>ashildir in preview for next ep
>ashildir is doctors mom
>that's why he's kinder than other time lords and loves earth, his human half
>>
>>63133357
sleep no more is the only single parter this series and completely irreverent
skip it.
>>
>>63133261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0tPbATnxJQ

https://youtu.be/8c9ng1KV5LU?t=1m38s

But he is dead
>>
File: hell bent truck.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
hell bent truck.png
2 MB, 1366x768
So, at least part of the story is on Earth, image related. If the Doctor is the Hybrid, are we going to meet Mom and Dad?
>>
>>63133337
>Jack turns up in the next episode pregnant with an ailen baby
>The whole episode is a mix of an episode of Maury and a 90's sitcom where they travel the universe looking for the father
>>
>>63133356
>Wait, hold the fuck on I'm so fuckung confused.
Don't be, everything in that post is nonsense.
>hurr durr the diamond barrier was the Time Lock!!
It wasn't.
>>
>>63133126
He said in TotD
"A whole new regeneration cycle! Takes a while to settle. Just breaking it in."
A cycle is 12 additional lives.
>>
>>63133391
We'll go with that, sweety.
>>
Where did the Doctor get the chicken? Why was it there? Did the Veil need to eat?
>>
>>63133400
He can time tr.... time hop though.
>>
>>63133204
>he's going to regenerate
pls, we talking about Moff here, it's a red herring, some other time lord is regenerating.

Who else could be regenerating? In my dreams it's Simms into Gomez, but it's prolly not that
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.