[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
theatrical or director's cut?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: e_cover.jpg (54 KB, 230x324) Image search: [Google]
e_cover.jpg
54 KB, 230x324
theatrical or director's cut?
>>
>>63130364
Theatrical. Scott only released a "DC" for the Blu Ray. The theatrical cut is the definitive one.

An argument can be had for Aliens.

Alien 3's work print is the only way to watch.
>>
>>63130610
thank you. i heard that scott prefers the theatrical cut of alien but put together the director's cut for the money. would you guys say there are significant changes to pacing, tone etc between the two verisons?
>>
>>63130610
>Alien 3's work print is the only way to watch.
dat shitty cgi
>>
>>63130364
both
>>
A thousand times theatrical. The DC ruins the flow of the 3rd act and deletes some great little character moments.
>>
Theatrical cut for sure
>>
>>63131950
It's a blue screen puppet, but it looks bad enough to be cgi
>>
>>63130742
The pacing isn't affected much save for a few scenes. There is one terrible scene near the end that I'm so thankful never made the final cut.

You should watch both just for fun but the theatrical is the definitive version of the movie.
>>
>>63134382
cocoon scene while better left out isnt terrible, stop perpetuating this. saying shit like this is a good way to get yourself doxed bud.
>>
>>63134437
It's terrible because it doesn't make any sense and interrupts the flow of the movie.
>>
>>63130610
>An argument can be had for Aliens.
Aliens is one where I say people should watch the special edition because that was the way the movie was intended to be seen.
>>
>>63130742
There's a great little character moment in the TC that Ridley cut out of the DC that shows what a hack he's become.

While the search party is off Nostromo trying to locate the "distress signal", Ash is at his science console monitoring them. The signal from the search party starts to cut out and Ash tries to warn them of this by yelling "Dallas"...then he realizes that the signal cutout is exactly what he may need to get an organism on board so he half-heartedly whispers "Dallas" again, know his warning won't be heard.

It's an amazing little fore-shadowing character moment that gives you an idea that all is not what it seems with Ash...but Ridley cut it out of the DC. Trust me OP, stick with the TC.
>>
>>63134733
Agreed, SE Aliens is a much better version of the movie, gives a lot more of the background of why and how the Outpost got exposed to the aliens and fleshes out why Burke is such a vicious twat.
>>
>>63134893
It also shows just why Ripley gives such a shit about Newt.
>>
>>63134437
>threatening to dox someone
>because they disagree with your opinion

Watch out guys, we've got an internet tough guy here!
>>
>>63134972
Yup. Some movies just need to be 2 and a half hours long, this was one of them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.