[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: it.jpg (46 KB, 522x755) Image search: [Google]
it.jpg
46 KB, 522x755
Thoughts?
>>
a good short film stretched out to 90 minutes
>>
Fun but hokey. On one hand it's nice to see horror movies in general finally admitting to the nexus of sexuality and fear that fuels the entire sub-genre, but on the other I'm really tired of self-reference standing in for substance with this last wave of horror flicks.

I'm also a dirty /v/irgin and can recognize a disasterpiece soundtrack when I hear one and that makes it impossible to take seriously.
>>
>>63128780
It's shit.
>>
I liked it but I like movies that have that feel like no country for old men and war of the worlds can't really explain it
>>
the part that made me go WTF was right after they have sex and the dude ties her to a chair to prove this thing happening. Why go through all that to terrify the shit out of her? It made his character instantly unlikeable, but I guess no one in the film is likeable. Except the cute friend with the weird seashell thing.
>>
Completely ruined when it was revealed that it was just invisible and anyone could hit it and slow it down. Would have been better if it was unstoppable and only the person it was after could even interact with it
>>
I don't like the "transfers via sex" gimmick. It made me hate the majority of the protagonists (except the farting glasses girl). Once her friends accept what it is they actually recommend she go out and fuck other people. I don't enjoy garbage that promotes casual sex.

This monster had very clear rules.
>Reacts to everything physical around it
>Walks, never runs, can lunge, but doesn't teleport
>Invisible to those uninfected, BUT it can be perceived

You have had done so many things to stop it based on that alone. You could make thousands of simple traps, or you could call the police. "The police won't take us seriously! Find a friendly neighborhood one who will give you the time of day. It's a physical entity that can't be killed, but it can be contained.
>>
>>63129006
There's no other way she would have believed him. He did her a favor, unlike all the guys on the boat that she banged. They probably got killed within an hour.
>>
>>63128780
Should have dug pit traps in the woods, and then buried it with cement
>>
>>63129006

>weird seashell thing

what the hell was that. i loved it and need it if its a real phone case thing
>>
>LE YOU HAVE TO SEX SOMEONE TO GET RID OF A SICKNESS
we hollywood now
>>
Meme film.
>>
>>63129163
but why tie her to the chair? and then wheel it around while she's screaming? she already liked him and trusted him, all he needed to do was bring her to the spot and be like "this is whats up"
>>
is it true some dude banged his mom in the film?

because I'll go rent that shit right now.
>>
>>63128780
Very overrated but still a decent movie with a good premise. Doesn't seem to know what to do with itself for the last third.
>>
>>63129244
That's how I got rid of my HIV
>>
Pretty entertaining for a horror flick. I would recommend it to others
>>
>>63129340
yep
>muh Oedipus Complex
>>
>>63129127
>I don't like the "transfers via sex" gimmick.
Neither did I.

I thought the main character was going to spend most of the film trying to figure out HOW to transfer the curse. Like, the guy had sex with her, knocked her out, and while she was passed out he somehow transferred the curse to her and then left it up to her to figure out how to transfer it on her own.

Just transmitting the curse via sex was kind of like... okay, I guess we'll just go with that, then.
>>
>>63129127
it's supposed to be an antithetical horror trope.
>>
>>63129340
what
>>
I like that the film is called It Follow and in the film It does follow
>>
>>63129492
Never thought of that, that could have been good. Guy takes her out to that remote place, knocks her out, rapes her, she wakes up unsure of what the fuck happened. She starts getting haunted (in ways different from a physical being chasing her), she slowly goes insane trying to live her life. Gets into a real romantic relationship, accidentally passes it on to her future husband, then they figure it out from there.
>>
one of the best horror films ever
>>
>>63129127
>I don't enjoy garbage that promotes casual sex.

uh huh
>>
>>63129541
The monster takes the shape of the dude's mom and fucks him in the ass.
>>
File: theringcinegridsmall.jpg (2 MB, 3540x1146) Image search: [Google]
theringcinegridsmall.jpg
2 MB, 3540x1146
>>63129584
that's pretty much how The Ring played out
>>
>>63128780
I fucking hated it. The first few minutes with the girl on the beach were good but then it just felt way too fucking long.
>>
>>63128780

One meh idea which you'd usually find on some first year film students laptop half typed up which hid behind nice wider than wide camera angles. 2/10
>>
teeny bopper shit
>>
>>63129794
what?
>>
this movie was pure shit
>>
>>63129006
Because by telling her she will run from it and buy more time for him. If he didn't tell her she's be dead that night and it would come after him again.
>>
>>63129794
Retarded: the post
>>
Overrated as fuck, but its a decent flick.

The director really fetishised his own work and came off as pretentious. Like what was that thing the girl was reading in a clam shell.

And why the fuck to directors have young typical douchebag kids always sitting around watching black and white horror movies.
>>
>>63128780

Shitty as fuck, I can't believe how /tv/ tricked me to watch this garbage
>>
new wave tryhard synth score faggotry
>>
>>63128780
I liked it, but I liked The Guest better.

By the end of Guest, I wanted to learn more about the military health program and what David would end up doing next.

I wasn't really that curious about what the thing that followed actually was. It was more of a metaphor than an actual character.
>>
It stared good and went to ok/bad the moment they had their first confrontation with the monster at the beach.
>>
>>63129984
>And why the fuck to directors have young typical douchebag kids always sitting around watching black and white horror movies.
Maybe the directors are reliving their youth?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.