[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Long Way Around Edition. More than a billion years ago:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5
File: gallifrey.jpg (860 KB, 1680x786) Image search: [Google]
gallifrey.jpg
860 KB, 1680x786
The Long Way Around Edition.

More than a billion years ago: >>63121238
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yak3ujqxDw
Trailer for Heaven sent looks GOAT
>>
The plebs on facebook are all moaning about how they couldn't understand the ep and how boring it was. Cunts.
>>
The diamond room didn't reset? I don't understand
>>
Has there been any episodes about confession dails before?

Were they in old who?
>>
>>63125129

The locations of the rooms reset, nothing in them changed.
Time was progressing as normal.
>>
>>63125202
Bullshit, the flowers the Doctor used to measure the intensity of the gravity reset, he pulled petals off which regrew.
>>
>>63125052
>Dat undisguised TARDIS
>Dat 60s console room
>Punching the General
>>
>>63125202
The point was explicitly made that the entire contents of the rooms reset every time.
>>
>>63125202
Then why did the smashed window room reset?
>>
>>63125202
he specifically said everything in the rooms reset.
>>
>>63125251

Well I don't know then fag
>>
>>63125202
because the plot
>>
>>63125202
Hahaha are you some kind of moron?
>>
Well if the contents of the rooms reset, why was the doctor able to leave skulls/corpses messages behind?
>>
Why were there skulls in the sea if The Doctor died in the same way every time?
>>
>>63125202
They literally said this.
>>
Why does the beebs not use the filters they use on their trailers for the actual episodes it makes them look a whole lot better!
>>
>>63124994

And so, The Doctor spent 2,000,000 years punching through a byzantium wall which didn't regenerate for some reason despite the fact everything else did for reasons that can only be described as plot convenience. He could have also admitted about 12 needless and somewhat arbitrary confessions which apparently made the byzantium wall thinner for reasons. Science reasons.
The rest of the castle kept reverting back to its original state "like a 3d printer" I KID YOU NOT, THAT'S A QUOTE.
The bad guy was a Dalek that actually wasn't a Dalek but it was actually a hybrid Dalek Timelord but no it wasn't because The Doctor has realised that actually he's the Hybrid or he might not be. Something.
In the trailer for the next episode we see that we're going to see Game of Thrones lady again for some reason on Gallifrey for some reason, who is in control of strange murderous universal forces that she uses to murder people whenever they leave mugs on tables without a coaster or forget to put the milk top back on the carton and it starts to smell funny.
The sun sets over Gallifrey for absolutely no reason whatsoever as The Doctor tells a little boy to run and tell the President of the Universe that he's back and the little boy runs away, sprinting flat out as if he's read a script written by Steven Moffat.

YEAH, EPISODE OF THE DECADE.
>>
torrent where
>>
>>63125368
He always brought up the skull in the teleporter room to the roof and it always fell down when the Veil came.
>>
>>63125368
The doctor knocked his own skull off the tower of the castle remember.
>>
>>63125402
That makes sense, thanks
>>
So is it safe to assume when 12 showed up in the day of the doctor, he wasn't there to help save gallifrey?
>>
Got some serious Dark Souls vibes from this episode t b h
>>
>>63124994

stick to your containment thread faggots.
>>
File: ohfuckoff.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
ohfuckoff.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
>Spend hundreds of years crying about muh gallifrey
>Eventually bring evey one of your incarnations back to save it
>Spend 900 years dicking around on a planet making sure muh gallifrey is safe.
>Beat the shit out of your wife when you get given wrong directions to muh gallifrey
>Spend 2 billion years dying and being revived in the same castle over and over again to get to muh gallifrey
>As soon as you get out decide it's time to fuck muh gallifrey up beyond recognition

Bravo Doctor.
>>
the doctor says "the hybrid is me", right? if so, do you think he was talking about ashildr?
>>
>>63125383
You're so clever. I hope I can make a post as clever as you someday :3
>>
See here Mark Gatiss. THAT is how you do an experimental episode.
>>
>>63125502

/tv/ is a containment for all the non-Doctor Who stuff tbqh with you m8.
>>
Reminder that the first time 12 got teleported to the castle, he left his clothes on the rack and continued on naked.
>>
>>63125383

See what you've done here is you;ve made a rookie mistake. You made the bait in such a vague and all-encompassing way that in order to take it I'm going to have to type out quite a long answer, and that answer is sufficiently long that I'm actually just not going to bother. It takes to much effort to take this bait for me to be interested in taking it.
>>
>>63125522
No you retard he's talking about himself
>>
File: 1362087110943.gif (1 MB, 400x368) Image search: [Google]
1362087110943.gif
1 MB, 400x368
>>63125565
Haha, holy shit.
>>
>>63125522
oh shit bitch I think you're on to something, Moffat WOULD pull some shit like this
>>
>>63125580
Ashildr's other name is "Me"
>>
I think the reason the wall wasn't resetting could be something along the lines of the fact that the "current" doctor didn't actually interact with it during his cycle, only the end of the last doctor briefly before he died.

It was mentioned that if he interfered with something, it would eventually reset. Maybe there wasn't enough time for it to reset before he "died"?

Probably talking bullshit but it's all I got.
>>
IS MOFFAT SAVED?
>>
Where the fuck do you guys see Maise's character in the trailer? I've watched in like 10 times now and still can't see her.
>>
>>63125522

This has to be true.
It all makes sense.

We're being Moffucked.
>>
If you see this post recently posted, you're here early and you can fuck off
>>
>>63125648
She's literally right at the beginning of the next time trailer.
>>
>>63125648
The "Next Time" trailer (at the end of the episode)
>>
>>63125522

Why would the Hybrid, legendary warrior creature from the greatest conflict in the universe, be living as a little Viking girl on some shitty backwater planet?
>>
>>63125577

You've mistaken "having to think rationally and argue for what you believe in" for "trolling".
>>
>>63125622

Well he said it would take him a day and a half to crawl to wherever so I'm pretty sure he was alive long enough for it to reset.

Head canon tells me the 12 room was just special and it doesn't have to respawn. Simple.

It's a fucking childrens show guys suspend some disbelief now and then.
>>
Christ what's the betting Capaldi will be in a scene where he completes really fucking up gallifrey but then has a change of heart and joins the other Doctors in saving Gallifrey instead of destroying it?
>>
>>63125782
>implying the scene in Day of the Doctor where Capaldi turns up isn't him come to sabotage all their plans and detonate Gallifrey again
>>
>>63125522
Hybrid of two warrior races. Humans (a Viking no less) and the Mire. It all adds up.
>>
File: BRAVO MOFFAT.jpg (116 KB, 586x540) Image search: [Google]
BRAVO MOFFAT.jpg
116 KB, 586x540
>everybody praising the series because of two parters
>the strongest episodes are the last three which, despite forming an arc, are nearly completely standalone

MOFFUCKED ONCE AGAIN
>>
>>63125741

So she can't cause any trouble.

If you think it's the Doctor then you are literally a meme person.
>>
>>63125741
Well, Clara was just an ordinary companion until she became the Mary sues of them all. Even surpassing Rose Tylers Badwolf shtick. I agree tho, having Maise's character be the hybrid, would be pretty lame.
>>
>it's going to be a while until the "THE DOCTOR IS OVER TWO BILLION YEARS OLD NOW" shitposters die off
>>
>>63125890
Yo mama is over 2 billion
>>
>>63125808

I really like the idea of a much much older Doctor working against his previous incarnations.

12 vs the rest

make it happen.
>>
What will you guys do if The Doctor ends up half-human. I don't how I would react. Hopefully Moffat isn't that stupid to touch on such a polarizing subject.
>>
So the real Doctor is actually dead right?

He's just a copy.
>>
>>63126056
Depends how you think teleporters work.
This isn't the first time he's teleported so I don't know why you're asking it now.
>>
>>63125565
That was my first thought. One of the earliest incarnations must have done the entire loop completely fucking naked. He probably took of all of his clothes and had to wait around for them to dry instead of being able to move straight on. He got fried because he waited for too long, did the reset thing and from that point onwards there was always a set of clothes.
>>
>>63126109
I think he means that everytime the veil gets him he hooks himself up and dies and that creates a new version of him.
It's kind of a new version of 12, the original is long dead.
>>
>>63126056
He wasn't the real doctor, he was the flesh doctor.
>>
>>
What a superb episode.
>>
>ONE WEEK SINCE THE DEATH OF MARY-SUE QTPATOOTIE
>/GOLDENAGE/ GOES INTO INSTANT HYPERDRIVE
>>
>>63126173
Them Attack Eyebrows
>>
I'm not Ashildr, I'm Me.
>>
>>63126196
fuck off connor. it was shit
>>
Perfect. Simply perfect
>>
>>63126350
Now that is a rather sexy idea
>>
>>63126045
He already is half human as of the TVM. I never had an issue with it.
>>
I feel like Moffat invented the sonic sunglasses just for the purposes of that last scene.
>>
>>63126158

Yes, this is what I meant.
He specifically said that a backup of him is saved.

I don't think Moffat thought these implications through.

He has killed The Doctor in this episode.
>>
>>63128499
Well we don't know how the "regeneration" the castle does works, so all of that is a mystery.

Fuck, we don't even know if any of this shit even "really" happened.
>>
How did the Doctor get there in the first place?
>>
>>63129267
>How did the Doctor get there in the first place?

Now that's a good question.
>>
>>63129359
I think timelords made it so that 12 would get sent into the confession dial.
but towards the end of the first cycle, he worked out he could reset it.
>>
so, the Doctor is two Billion years old? or still 2 thousand?
>>
>>63125052
the doctor running away in a undisguised tardis reminded me of 8th and the Compassion TARDIS
>>
>>63125129
i assumed everything in the castle reset, but that wall didn't reset bc outside the confines of the castle and wasn't part of the exercise. it was in real life outside the walls
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.