[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Godzilla not appreciated in film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 26225.png (720 KB, 736x1085) Image search: [Google]
26225.png
720 KB, 736x1085
What makes him so less appealing to people these days?
>>
but he is

what the fuck kind of engine fuel are you smoking?
>>
File: 5pZ7tIC.jpg (28 KB, 720x360) Image search: [Google]
5pZ7tIC.jpg
28 KB, 720x360
>>63124647
People not knowing how to have a good time
>>
>>63124680
I'm talking about the general public.
>>
What? A giant monster who whoops other giant monster ass has timeless appeal
>>
>>63124647
What are you talking about my man his last movie made over $500 million and we have a literal monster cinematic universe being built around him
If anything he's actually back
>>
>>63124647

Normies seem to like him. What's the issue now?
>>
File: ....png (680 KB, 619x480) Image search: [Google]
....png
680 KB, 619x480
>mfw people say I'm too old to watch a film about the horrors of atomic bombs and the weaponization of things like radiation that man can only begin to understand and the results it may have on the world we strive to improve upon
>>
>>63124768
Only a little, but people still make fun of him. People always seem to think that this is a sequel to the 1998 film (whenever I talk about Godzilla of course).
>>
Because he is fucking stupid. Seriously, like 90% of Godzilla movies are shovelware cheap shit that are basically self parodies and I dont see how anyone fucking ever can take him seriously anymore. There's maybe five or so genuinely good movies, the first one has its moments but even it isn't that good.
>>
File: AOA.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
AOA.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
>>63124647

Because godzilla is in a foreign language and americans tend to hate foreign films. They don't like the american versions of godzilla, because they objectively suck whether they are in english or not.
>>
>>63124744
This
The best part about Godzilla is the fact that underneath all the ridiculous stuff he's done there's still the heartfelt story of the original. I've never heard of anyone who dislikes Godzilla, even if they find him silly.
>>
>>63124717
you're talking about appeal in the States, I'm presuming, when they've only made two films there, both of which did acceptably well given their budgets (I think)
>>
>>63124647
I personally believe that after cape movies, giant monsters will make a comeback.
>>
>>63124967
1998 did not do good financially nor critically. Check this out...http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2015/05/31/godzilla-unmade-the-history-of-jan-de-bonts-unproduced-tristar-film-part-4-of-4/#reaction
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.