[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this good or just emo hipster garbage? My cousin was raving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Donnie_Darko_poster.jpg (38 KB, 268x392) Image search: [Google]
Donnie_Darko_poster.jpg
38 KB, 268x392
Is this good or just emo hipster garbage? My cousin was raving about it.
>>
The "Intro to the School" scene is masterful.

Everything else is just pretty good.
>>
>>63124507
It's shit.
>>
>>63124507
It will get hate but it is a good movie.
>>
meh.. doesnt live up to the hype
>>
>>63124507
It's good if you want to impress entry-level hipsters.
>>
Fuck off Ryan, no one likes this shitty movie.
>>
The theatrical cut is a good film, and a very interesting take on the concept of time travel with the theme of impending death pervading throughout

The directors cut turns it into a religion thing and is honestly the worst director cut of all time.

Do yourself a favor and watch the theatrical version
>>
>>63124507
I liked it.
>>
>>63124507
It's worth watching since it's a somewhat unique Hollywood movie. If it's good or not on the other hand is up to you.

And Maggie is a super qt
>>
I started it. Pretty bland so far.

>>63124572
Was that the Head of Heels part? That's been the only thing I've liked.

>>63124976
Seriously? My cousin told me to download the director's cut saying it was ten times better.
>>
>>63124507
it's worth a watch if you've got nothing else to do
>>
>>63125187
>Was that the Head Over Heels part

Yeah.
>>
it's literally I'm 14 and I think this is deep: the movie
>>
>Smurf gangbang
>Smurfs are asexual
>why you gotta get so smart on us

People like this?
>>
>>63125187
The theatrical cut gives you the pieces to a grand puzzle and it's up to you to put it together

The directors cut gives you the puzzle, already completed but spelled out it's really stupid in comparison

The soundtrack is worse, the pacing is worse, the takes used are worse and the whole central point of the film is destroyed in the directors cut.
>>
>>63125641
>doesn't like the smurf gangbang scene
>posting on /tv/ in the middle of the film

Jesus
>>
When do Jake and Maggie fuck? Too much chemistry for siblings
>>
>>63125641
Smurfs are preparing kids for seeing blue people for when Krishna comes back
>>
You need to see it when you're 17 or you'll definitely hate it. It's not exactly profound but it's quite cathartic at that age.

most people write it off because they didn't see it at the right time, but it's hardly the most pretentious film out there, it's just intro level and since most people never dive into more thought-provoking or experimental filmmaking they praise DD which pisses off contrarians who can't even give it the credit it deserves because of its fanbase.
>>
>>63124976
>>63125651

Agreed, the original cut is a damn good film and the best way to watch it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.