[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>unironically think of myself as patrician >watch Birdman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 43563463.jpg (45 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
43563463.jpg
45 KB, 709x765
>unironically think of myself as patrician
>watch Birdman for the first time
>didn't even cross my mind it's supposed to be shot in one take

Where do I go from here?
>>
>>63115077
>>unironically think of myself as patrician

Kill yourself.
>>
>>63115077
there are obvious cuts
>>
>>63115077
>unironically watching shit movies
>>
>>63115119
Yeah, but in the film's reality, there's supposed to be no time lapses, no? I didn't think about this for a second, I didn't say to myself, "what that's a really long scene" at least.
>>
>>63115077
Whats your take on Tom Greens "Freddy Got Fingered"?
>>
The real cinema redpill is when you realize there's no such thing as pleb or patrician, but only a greyscale, with each opinion standing on its' own merits.
>>
>>63115192
There definitely are time lapses. The film takes place over several days at the least, maybe even several weeks. The days are supposed to be blurring into one.
>>
>>63115077
How the fuck did you not notice it?

Its painfully obvious.
I tried watching the Russian Ark in one sitting, and just couldnt. The no cut thing just ate me up, I had to pause and take a goddamn break. It was hard to watch.

Just didnt feel right. All these films with the single long shots are just trying too hard to be one shot. There arent that many that actually pull this off before it becomes a meme.

Children and Gravity came close, but half of the shots just needed to fucking end, or get cut.
Maybe its the doorway effect, but scenes need a damn cut so you can let go and move on.
>>
Birman is the most tryhard film of all time
>>
File: e4653463.gif (1 MB, 218x228) Image search: [Google]
e4653463.gif
1 MB, 218x228
>>63115344
Holy shit it gets even better
>>
>>63115505
Maybe I was tired, because I actually like long-take'd slow films. I like Angelopoulos and Tarkovsky, and I watched Satantango in virtually one sitting.
>>
>>63115303
>tfw I used to think this before 4chan
What happened? I've poisoned myself.
>>
>unironically think of myself as patrician

There's your problem. Contrary to popular opinion, being able to appreciate good cinema is not an achievement in itself. Someone who reads Proust and watches Lynch is not special or superior for having done it, they're superior for what they've learned from it. However, if they've actually learned something and are actually superior, they would know that un-ironically describing themself as patrician is fucking retarded.
>>
>>63115077
even shitty plebs trying to sound patrician realize this... you should just kill yourself
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.