[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you think he'll react when Force Awakens receives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11
File: lucas_george.jpg (48 KB, 376x490) Image search: [Google]
lucas_george.jpg
48 KB, 376x490
How do you think he'll react when Force Awakens receives positive reviews and people call it the best Star Wars film since the originals?

Will he acknowledge it and praise it or will he sulk and just something dismissive like he hasn't seen it?
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 660x495
He'll fluctuate, giving it backhanded compliments for awhile before systematically dismantling everything about the movie
>>
He's working on experimental films right now, I doubt he would care about Star Plebs
>>
>>63113557
Sounds about right. He'll be so salty.
>>
>>63113515
>kek wars
>better than originals
nice reddit meme
>>
>>63113619
>He's working on experimental films right now, I doubt he would care about Star Plebs

Yeah, after constantly and needlessly tweaking the same three films over four decades he's probably over Star Wars.
>>
>>63113632
The critics are already bought.
>>
>>63113632
I didn't say it would be better. I said it would be the best Star Wars film since the originals. Considering it only has to be better than the prequels that's no great feat but it will no doubt piss of George and his ego.
>>
>>63113515
I think he doesn't give a shit anymore and wants to move on.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 592x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 592x256
>>63113798
He's in his seventies... The only thing he's moving on to is a quiet plot of land.

I think you're wrong too... He clearly does care about the series.
>>
>>63113798
Only because he tried to make great Star Wars films without additional creative input and failed.

Star Wars is good only because of everyone working on them who wasn't George Lucas. He's a hack who lucked out because of his creative team all of which he burned bridges with.
>>
He said he looks at the new Star Wars like it's his ex gf - distance himself as much as possible, don't call her to check up, ignore completely and move on

But he can't escape it, he will make new movies but no one will give a fuck about them, first question everyone will ask is: "What do you think of the new Star Wars?"
>>
>>63113515

he'll sulk. he hates Empire Strikes Back because he didnt direct it and and its considered the best.
>>
>>63113515
Turkey neck will moan about it's not his vision and that Disney have sold out by giving it back to the fans.
>Reminder Rick Mccullum and Turkey neck didn't want any more movies and wanted to turn Star Wars into a tv series instead.
>>
>>63113985
>he hates Empire Strikes Back

Got some salty quotes?
>>
He'll produce great films like Red Tails and Strange Magic.

He does seem like he expected them to utilize his outlines and scripts for the sequel trilogy, but they ignored them completely. Probably a good decision but he seems to be a bit annoyed
>>
>>63114038

Salty means truthful you illiterate fucking retard.

That's why people say "take this with a grain of salt."

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>63114086
Shitty bait. Gotta be more subtle. And tone back on the aggression.

3/10
>>
>>63114086
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=salty
>>
>>63113515
It will drive him further into suicide.
>>
I'm sure his 6 billion dollars might help him cope
>>
>>63114187
He already had like $2 billion. How much more is his quality of life enriched by that $4 billion? I would have thought seeing someone else better your efforts with the franchise you wrongfully consider yours would give more pain than money could appease.
>>
>>63114164
>using a source that everyone can post on
Yeah that's really salty.
>>
>>63114187
He was already filthy rich before he sold Star Wars. I doubt the 6 billion would have helped since he donated most of it to charity.
>>
>>63113869
>failed
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Star-Wars#tab=summary
>>
>>63114201
Lucas's main goal of Star Wars was to make as much money as possible by the time of ROTJ
>>
>>63114241
The originals took in a lot more when inflation is taken into account.

They also aren't universally reviled by critics and audiences.

The prequels are shit, George is a hack.
>>
>>63114205
>i cannot accept that slang exists
>>
>>63114205
You sure sound salty desu senpai.
>>
>>63114205
Not him but that's the only context I've ever heard salty being used outside of cooking
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 563x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 563x381
>>63114355
What about salty language. Like sea captain talk?
>>
>>63113515
He'll be dismissive.
And rightfully so.
TFA is made to appeal to the mindless masses while episodes 1 through 3 are pure art
>>
>>63114201
It was his and JJ is shit, fuck off faggot
>>
File: 7.jpg (12 KB, 467x359) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
12 KB, 467x359
>>63114355
Oh well, if you've never heard it used then that changes everything.

Be gone, you salty dog.
>>
>>63113515
He'll like it purely because he didn't have to write or direct it.
>>
REMINDER when it comes out to downvote it into oblivion on all major review sites
>>
>>63114463
>It was his

If it weren't for Kurtz, Marcia Lucas and solid suggestions from the cast and the crew it would have flopped as hard as Fox presumed it would.
>>
He'll make his own Plinkett style reviews of the sequels
>>
File: koi.png (77 KB, 577x524) Image search: [Google]
koi.png
77 KB, 577x524
>>63113619
This, he doesn't give a shit about movies made for little girls.
>>
>>63114496
I've got better things to do, and I'm shitposting on /tv/ for fuck's sae.
>>
>>63113638
>implying
le ride never ends
>>
>>63113515
He'll just say he hasn't watched it and mumble to himself
>>
>>63114038
Yeah.
>when asked about Empire Strikes Back George Lucas quickly interrupt and said "More like Empire Strikes Plebs, am I right"
>>
>>63114321
Stay salty.
>>
>>63114608
Someone pass the pepper because this guy is really salty.
>>
>salty
this isn't twitch
>>
>>63113515

The latter. That's how he reacted to the trailer, by pretending he didn't watch it and he doesn't care.
>>
>>63114646
Shut up you salty nigger.
>>
>>63113557

>systematically dismantling

Except he has no system by which to dismantle it, except maybe complaining that there's not enough green screen CGI or shot-reverse-shot conversations.
>>
"MY PARTNERSHIP WITH DISNEY WAS THE KEY TO ALL THIS"
>>
>>63113515
>the best Star Wars film since the originals

To be fair, that bar is set so ridiculously low that just about anything could be called that. JJwars could be 5 minutes of abrams jerking off on original prints of the OT before setting them on fire and it would still have more creativity and artistic vision than the prequels.
>>
>>63114676
He'll make patently-dishonest statements like,

"It just seemed a little cold to me... A little too reliant on special effects. When we made the prequels, every shot had a reason, a purpose behind it... Nothing was just there to fill the screen."
>>
>>63114715
OT lucas:
>Special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing

Prequel lucas:
>9 hours of special effects without story

I think during the OT, he was just parroting someone whom he came to loathe and reject later. Which is consistent with the "WAIF DID EVERYTHING" story disney has been pushing since they bought star wars, to shift the blame for the preqeuels from lucas to the divorce, or something.
>>
>>63114715
>"It just seemed a little cold to me... A little too reliant on special effects. When we made the prequels, every shot had a reason, a purpose behind it... Nothing was just there to fill the screen.

He's right you know.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>63114828
>circus creatures from episode II
>the assembly line with Anakin and Padme
>obi-Wan's dragon critter
>grievous

The thing is that there are a lot of great intros, romance and comedy bits left on the cutting room floor.
>>
He's a stock holder

He's going to grin and bear the pain
>>
File: uv1w3[1].jpg (34 KB, 552x414) Image search: [Google]
uv1w3[1].jpg
34 KB, 552x414
>>63114086
>>
>>63114874
>great romance bit

padme and anakin had the absolute worst attempt at "romance" ever put on film. It was like watching someone who'd never encountered two real living human beings before, attempt to write a relationship between them, then have it acted by two people with only a vague idea of what human emotions were. There's more chemistry between oil and water than between padme and anakin.

So as bad as clone wars theatrical was, the deleted scenes made it worse.
>>
>>63114891
buried in the contract is also a bit about how if he defames/slanders the franchise in any way, shape, or form, disney gets all the money back. Which is standard in every studio contract.

Since he donated all the disney money to charity, it basically means disney can leave lucas penniless if he says anything bad about JJwars.
>>
>>63114962
>Since he donated all the disney money to charity

Wouldn't that shit be like a tax deductible donation meaning he would receive more from donating it to charity than he would have for receiving a government taxed lump sum payment?
>>
Still too busy swimming in his $4billion dollars he got
>>
>>63115135
He donated it all to charity. It wasn't just a calculated amount to guard from taxes. It was every penny he got from disney.
>>
>>63114962
which is why we're going to get a butthurt "I didn't even see it I'm totally over with Star Wars I DONT CARE ;_;"
>>
>>63113515
>when Force Awakens receives positive reviews
>when

This piece of shit won't be getting positive reviews. From Daisy's mouth chasm and all the shit we've seen so far, JJ has screwed the pooch.
>>
>>63113515
there's probably a stipulation in the deal he made with Disney where he agreed to not speak out against the new films.
>>
>>63113515
it will be a paint by numbers, bland, cgi fest. it will be run through a thousand focus groups so that it is so watered down no one could possibly be offended by it
it will be like toby mcguire's spiderman. a good popcorn flick that u will barely remember anything about a week after you saw it
>>
>>63115819
>toby mcguire's spiderman
the best spiderman
>>
>>63114935
Great for five year old kids. It's totally dull and sexless.

>>63115741
Critics are whores, they won't cross Disney.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 604x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 604x534
>>63113515

>the force awakens
>good

Oh my oh my
>>
Oh man December 18th-30th is gonna be the best best months of /tv/
>>
>>63113515
>and people call it the best Star Wars film since
the originals?
He'll probably say "I directed the originals". That's what I'd do.
>>
I bet I really enjoy this movie.
It probably won't be incredible with respect to the storyline or the filmography, but for the memes.
TDKR is the perfect example.
I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but now that I've learned about Baneposting I love watching the movie simply because it makes me laugh.

I guarantee that you motherfuckers will too.
We'll associate it with the good times we've had here and enjoy it for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>63113515
Acknowledge what? We all know exactly how the new film will turn out, it will be almost identical to the two NuTrek films he made. Devoid of any sense of originality but lots of lens flare and CGI action scenes to keep the basement dwelling redditards happy. It will not be a good film, it will not be groundbreaking in any way but critics and fanboys will lap it up

There is literally no other way it will go.
>>
>>63116817
this desu. JewJew is probably the safest director around at the moment, he is the heir to Spielberg in that regard.
>>
>>63116780
hurray for new Star Wars related memes!!
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 900x599
>>63116780
This won't have bizarre MEMEs though, it will just be a safe, emotional journey with some funny robots and swordfights.

The new team couldn't be as off-the-wall as George if they tried. In a way, you have to hand it to him, because he depicted his characters in such a strained way. The prequels are a royal court drama, in the extreme. He depicts women as feminine and active without being obnoxious... It's both antiquated and 'progressive' at the same time. That was the kind of thing that sunk LOTR by the second film, but it actually works better in the SW prequels.
>>
>>63113619
>He's working on experimental films right now

For all his fuckery, I'd still watch one of those.
>>
>>63113515
Is his chin pregnant?
>>
>Implying George Lucas has time for this childish series in between all the experimental films he's been doing since 1983
>>
>>63121428
Yes experimental films such as Red Tails and Strange Magic.
>>
>>63113619
Watch his new "Celestial Conflicts" trilogy!
On YouTube now!
>>
George gets too much flack. A large reason why the prequels ended up as they did was because some of the key people that worked on the original trilogy with him declined to return when he reached out to him, and even encouraged him to do it on his own this time. Now, he should have realized something was wrong and tried harder to fix things after Phantom Menace "bombed" (it and the sequels still made mountains of money of course) but to be fair to him, he did ask both Kurtz and Kasdan to return, and he was considering hiring a director to help him deal with the "direction of actors" stuff before both told him to "trust in his instinct" and "use the force" so to speak.
>>
File: 1444294955628.png (25 KB, 295x225) Image search: [Google]
1444294955628.png
25 KB, 295x225
>>63117190
Errrr
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.