[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he pleb or patrician?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
Is he pleb or patrician?
>>
>>63108509
In the middle. He combines patrician ideas with pleb packaging.
>>
essential plebcore
>>
>>63108509

Both. He knows how to make a patrician film easily digestable enough for the Peggy Hunts of the world to handle.
>>
File: 9c1.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
9c1.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>63108509
>great tier
Memento
The Prestige
>good tier
Interstellar
Inception
>meme tier
Dark knight Trilogy
>>
>>63108522
Came here to post this. Iconic middlebrow director.
>>
>>63109661
>Who gives a limp fuck tier
Following
Insomnia
>>
File: dib.jpg (36 KB, 550x404) Image search: [Google]
dib.jpg
36 KB, 550x404
>>63109661
>>good tier
>Interstellar
>Inception
>>
>>63109705
are they good?
>>
Hes a lazy cunt who gets admired by the people who know little about film
>>
>>63108509
Pleb as fuck
>>
>>63109738
I thought Insomnia was perfectly meh. I didn't dislike it but it didn't inspire a strong positive reaction either. I haven't seen Following.
>>
>>63109661
Pretty much this
>>
>>63109726
Stop meming, They're pretty good movies that you only hate because they were popular.
>>
>>63109738
You could watch the entirety of insomnia and not know it was made by nolan. All of his strengths are lost because he is telling the least ambitious story possible.
>>
File: c.gif (3 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
c.gif
3 MB, 512x288
>>63109867
>Interstellar
>pretty good
>>
>>63109867
Interstellar is fantastic but inception is practically the definition of a meme movie. Not that it was bad or anything, but it was pure concentrated meme the likes of which the world had never seen before.
>>
>>63109884
what are his strengths?
>>
>>63109884
>You could watch the entirety of insomnia and not know it was made by nolan.

Well to be fair, it's a fucking remake.
>>
>>63109909
Shut the fuck up
>>
File: not_a_rare_pepe.jpg (23 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
not_a_rare_pepe.jpg
23 KB, 385x385
>>63109661
>the Prestige
>great

This is how every scene goes, they're all mini twists

>I wont build the machine for you, you're obsessed
>But if Im obsessed you know I'll never give up
>I've already started building the machine

or

>Cutter said borden thinks hes even you shouldn't go after him again
>He took everything from me hes living the life i should have
>You'll need a better disguise!

These people change their minds every fucking scene just to make some little tiny twist that really adds nothing
>>
>>63109682
Hes the Ron Howard of the 2000's.
>>
>>63109766
They were taking it off Netflix on Dec 1, so I saw it and I thought it was pretty interesting. Seeing Robin Williams made me pretty sad though. It was pretty small scale movie which is a rare thing to see from Nolan, but not a bad thing at all. Nice change of pace from his other works.

Overall I'd say it's about a 7.9/10 movie. It won't bore you.
>>
>>63109914
The fact that for better or for worse his movies are really ambitious. That doesn't help much when you are making a movie about a couple of police officers in the middle of nowhere. His directing on ground level kind of sucks, or at the very least he is disinterested in it.
>>
>>63110032
I admire his ambition. The fact that he puts effort into his filmmaking is nice.
>>
>>63110032
Yeah I'll agree on that
Things hes good at
>good idea and premise
>getting right people on the job
>pacing

Things he is absolutely shit at
>script
>making sense of the plot
>the premise is poorly executed
>characters
>>
>>63109997
Nolan at least has his own style. Ron's a hired gun who'll do a serviceable but impersonal job of whatever script you give him
>>
Ultra pleb
>>
His last three movies were shit.
>>
>>63110282
>Nolan at least has his own style
expecting shit choreography and exposition out of every orifice is not a style to be pleased about
>>
>>63109972
even though the twist is a bit shitty I still think its a fucking great movie with top notch acting by wolverine and bateman
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.