[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You brought two too many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 4221.jpg (100 KB, 570x241) Image search: [Google]
4221.jpg
100 KB, 570x241
You brought two too many
>>
>dat harmonica flashback reveal
>dat "holy shit" reaction shot of Henry Fonda upon his realization

I don't care what anyone says, that's a 10/10.
>>
would leone be anything without morricone?
>>
>>63107377
teach me to spaghetti western like you, anon
>>
>>63107403

He'd still be god-tier at wide shots and pacing, but I'll agree, the music really takes it to the next level.
>>
>>63107377
>I don't care what anyone says
Only plebs rate TGTBTU as higer than OUATITW.
>>
>>63107424
>pacing

lol

>>63107403
he'd be shit without 10/10 tough guy actors who can make any shit smell like roses
>>
>>63107424
>>63107403
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XkHsinz7oU
>>
What did he mean by that?
>>
>>63107582

>You're about to get two men needlessly killed when I could've just killed you and had been done with it.

Simple, really.
>>
>>63107341
That scene was so fucking funny because Harmonica comes out as autistic as fuck
>>
>>63107465
Later harmonica claims that he killed 3 dudes in yellow jackets but the black guy wasn't wearing a yellow jacket

Wtf was Sergio thinking
>>
>>63107429
I tried watching OUATITW, and couldn't go more than a minute or two. I think it's just one Leone too many for me. Loved FFD, Loved FFDM, Loved TGTBTU, but this just grated. Something about it is wildly off.
>>
I started Leone with OUATITW. Worked my way backwards from there.

Came to conclusion that out of the westerners, it was his most advanced film. Something about his camera movement was just more interesting.

Then he made his best movie Once Upon A Time In America.
>>
>>63107672
you are such a fucking pleb.
>>
>>63107672

GTFO PLEB

WESTERNS ARE NOT 4 U
>>
>>63107617

>being forced to watch his brother violently die
>carrying the guilt around for decades
>autistic

Sure thing, bud.
>>
>>63107377
Mah nigga

>>63107429
>>63107672
Not quite my tempo
>>
File: once upon a time.png (2 MB, 1678x1042) Image search: [Google]
once upon a time.png
2 MB, 1678x1042
It kept bugging me that the lighting for the duel wasn't consistent. The shadows kept changing directions and, when I first watched it, I thought that the bad guy was going maximum scumbag mode and trying to position the sun directly behind him, as the last shot of them facing each other shows, but with the shot of him walking into position, the sun is clearly on the man's right.

Maybe there was nothing going on with the positioning of the two gunfighters, but I thought there was and it really fucked with my head.
>>
>>63107672

You really need to be in the right mindset for it. The Dollars Trilogy can really be thrown on at any time, they're such entertaining movies but they never feel weighed-down overdone.

OUATITW starts with like ten minutes of watching three guys sitting in a train station staring at bugs and sleeping, unbroken. It's maximum Leone and if you really give it a chance you'll love it, but you can't just sit down and watch it on a lark.
>>
>>63108373
>right mindset for it
stop with this meme, you just need to not be a fucking pleb
>>
Leone took boring Samurai Kurosawa and his aesthetics and made something great out of it.
>>
>>63108388
pleb is a mindset
>>
>>63108388
>meme
Son, when you're older you can use the big boy words however you please, but here that don't mean "idea I don't agree with."
>>
>>63107672
>one Leone too many
That's how I felt about FaFDM. It all seemed way too familiar. Still putting off on watching OUATITW.
>>
>>63107377
I think I love you. We connect
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>McBain?
>>
File: two too many horses.webm (2 MB, 480x204) Image search: [Google]
two too many horses.webm
2 MB, 480x204
>>63107627
The black guy took off his jacket once they positioned themselves near the train tracks. rewatch the entire opening scene again

>>63107672
OUATITW blew my mind even after marathoning the dollars trilogy
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.