[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the expanse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: The-Expanse-on-Syfy.jpg (377 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The-Expanse-on-Syfy.jpg
377 KB, 1920x1080
Are you excited? It's been a while since the last good space opera.
>>
First episode sparked my interest, though, it had the typical SyFy quality cgi.
>>
>>63104352

it seems pretty high budget for a scifi show though
>>
excited. the books are really good.

here's the pilot if anyone hasnt seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvZeQD1Vf2s
>>
>>63104352
So it was decent? I downloaded it but still haven't watched it.
>>
>>63104491
>So it was decent?
Yes it was, definitely worth a watch.
>>
>>63104491

I really enjoyed it, it sucks I have to wait so long for another episode
>>
glad we have another serious sci-fi that isn't "monster of the week canadian actors wearing rubber masks" shit
>>
>>63104352
I'm the first to shit on SyFy but to be fair the CGI in the first episode was pretty good. I'd guess at the same lot that did the sfx for BSG.
>>
>>63104715
https://youtu.be/FvZeQD1Vf2s?t=309

the CG in this long take was pretty bad, the space stuff looked good though.
>>
>>63103816
1st episode was good. It lacked all the shit I thought it'd have. Like all that in your face shit "oh look it is the future with cool future tech!" Instead it is serious. I'm sure there's more personal drama incoming but the 1st episode didn't have that much.
>>
>>63104923
it's Syfy, so expect an awful love triangle and pg-13 sex scenes in there somewhere.

the zero g sex was eyeroll inducing.
>>
It wasn't good
>>
watching ep 1 now
>>
>>63104980

I can ignore that stuff and the bad cgi if the show's plot and acting is decent
>>
>>63105076
They aren't decent. The acting was horrible. The first episode was supposed to create a connection with the characters and it failed miserably.
>>
>>63104980
I totally forgot about that scene. However, can you think if a good sex scene on a tv show that wasn't eye-rolling?
>>
>>63105076
> so expect an awful love triangle and pg-13 sex scenes

If they follow the novels, which I hope they do, then there really isn't anything like that to worry about. It's all serious sci-fi which will make a refreshing change.
>>
>>63105128
not really, frankly i think if people really want nudity in tv shows they should just do naked exposition instead of bad sex scenes. this monologue too dry? have someone do it topless. the plot keeps moving and you get tits.
>>
>>63105177
Often times they use sex scenes to show character intimacy and fail to realize that there are better ways to show that without a sex scene.
>>
>>63105123
The actual premier is the first two episodes back to back. Part one gives you the setting, part two gives you the character development (or syfy made a shit show, that's always possible).
>>
When I saw it was Syfy is was very sceptical, they haven't produced anything decent since the made the name-change (Defiance sucks), but this actually looks like a solid sci-fi show, set in SPACE even!
>>
I didn't quite get who the shady filter guy is and what's his relationship with the cop
>>
>>63106898
Whats the guys name?
>>
The acting was mostly fine but the CGI, costuming, and set design was atrocious. I read the first book so I might stick around for a few more episodes. It's SyFy, what can you expect?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.