[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there other british series like Utopia? Also brit TV general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
Are there other british series like Utopia?

Also brit TV general I guess. They definitely make some of the best stuff
>>
File: RfbeLGZ.jpg (36 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
RfbeLGZ.jpg
36 KB, 453x500
>>63100377
>They definitely make some of the best stuff
GR8 B8 M8
>>
>>63100377

Black Mirror
Misfits (gets worse as it goes along)
The Fades
>>
>>63100498
>Misifts
>gets worse
u avin a giggle m8?
>>
>>63100498
>Black Mirror

what if cell phones, but too much?
>>
>>63100596
>Season 4 and 5
>not absolute shit
>>
>>63100622
>Season 3
>not absolute shit

1 and 2 are good
>>
Channel 4 cancelling utopia so they can fund more Gogglebox and deal or no deal
>>
>>63100498
>>63100596
>>63100622
>>63100648

1=2>4>5>>>3
second gang>first gang
>>
If you don't mind ood (you're not a pleb are you anon?)

Alan Bleasdale's GBH
Edge of Darkness
>>
>>63100377
Utopia is an Australian series you fucking idiot.
>>
>>63101098
Don't you faggots bend the knee to the Queen?
>>
>>63100676

To be fair to them Utopia S2 was a big financial loss for them, they put a lot of effort into advertising it, and gave it a bigger budget, based on the success of the first season, and then barely anyone watched it. It's a shame, S2 had a few missteps in it having Carvel magically reappear was a terrible development I thought but it was still good.
>>
>>63100377

Not completely similar, but you may enjoy Germany's Deutschland 83. Stylishly directed, tense, like Utopia.
>>
Where is Sam Hyde?
>>
The Shadow Line
>>
>>63101156
They do.
>>
>>63100377
this is one of the most underated shows ive ever seen. saw this completely by accident and i dont know what it is about it but its really good mayng.

loses itself a bit towads the end but still very good
>>
File: Red_Riding_Trilogy_2009_p2_USA.jpg (58 KB, 526x800) Image search: [Google]
Red_Riding_Trilogy_2009_p2_USA.jpg
58 KB, 526x800
>>63100377

Red Riding and The Shadow Line are two other great British TV shows. They're both also gritty conspiracy thrillers, although not in the same way as Utopia.

Red Riding is about a series of murders taking place over the course of a decade or so, and each episode has a different main character who comes into contact with the case.

The Shadow Line starts off with a drug baron being murdered in London and follows a cop (Chiwetel Eijofor) trying to solve his murder, and a corrupt accountant (Christopher Ecclestone) having to step in and take over the criminal organisation.
>>
>>63101188
I don't get the season 2 hate, I liked it. That first episode with Ygritte was the best of the series.

Netflix or whatever should bring it back for season 3.
>>
>>63101398
It was a lot of running around but nothing much really happening. Even moreso than season one.

Also it was strange how the events of the show would presumably get wider ranging and yet somehow all these responsibilities kept falling on a small bunch of nobodies for poorly defined reasons
>>
>>63101156
>implying you wouldn't bend the knee to this qt
>>
>>63101391

Also The Honourable Woman which is by the Shadow Line guy
>>
>>63100596

I love Gilgun too senpai but the writing just kept getting worse as it went along. S3 was alright but Overman clearly has no idea about how time paradoxes work and the fact that they couldn't hang on to any of the cast hurt the show.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.