[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went to school w the actor who played Rufio. I remember being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: ouat-casts-rufio__oPt.jpg (20 KB, 450x376) Image search: [Google]
ouat-casts-rufio__oPt.jpg
20 KB, 450x376
I went to school w the actor who played Rufio. I remember being so jealous and watching the movie, thinking he's so cool. In real life he was the exact same kind of popular douche. Now when I watch Hook I can only laugh at how his career shattered, his hopes and dreams failed down the gutter. For the time I knew him the nigga really thought he was a star.
>>
>>63092174

Wasn't he HONOR in Avatar?
>>
Dante Basco is a pretty cool guy.
>>
Didja know he was in the Fist of the North Star movie?

Ends up exactly like Rufio.
>>
lmoa at that whole multi ethnic push in that movie yet none of those actors have careers today
>>
>>63092174
I feel bad for short round tbqhfam , rufio got a decent VO career
>>
>>63092174
>Career shattered
Lol wut?
>>
>>63092174
He voiced Zuko. Might not seem like much, but voicing one of the most memorable characters in one of the best cartoons of all time isn't really a failed career.
>>
>>63092174
>I can only laugh at how his career shattered, his hopes and dreams failed down the gutter.
Still salty about it, amirite?
>>
RUFIOOOOooooooo
>>
File: vqtd82isj25mthwriuo8.jpg (29 KB, 680x440) Image search: [Google]
vqtd82isj25mthwriuo8.jpg
29 KB, 680x440
>>63092174
You've gotta be at least 40 something.
Do you still look anywhere near as young as him?
>>
>>63092489
RUFIO
RUFIO
RU
FI
>>
>>63092240
Yeah, same thing will happen 20 years from now, that's why I don't give a fuck about sjw shit
>>
>>63092174
>A jelly belly makes a thread talking shit about an actor

>>63092513
>SAID ACTOR JOINS THREAD AND OP GETS BTFO

Git hype!
>>
>>63092368

to be fair zukos voice actor was horrible
>>
How exactly was he douchey? Cause he was more popular than you? Lol at OP still being hung up on some bullshit that happened 24 years ago.
>>
>>63092583
If that guy is Rufio than he just proved my pt, only a washed up nobody would post here
>>
RUFIO

RUFIO

RU

FI
>>
>>63092900
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
Remember when Rufio was murdered by Hook and then literally 30 seconds later everyone stops caring?
>>
>>63092924
No one cares when Filipinos die, they don't have souls
>>
People here may not know his real name, but they know this character and movie.

>I remember being so jealous
You still are, brah.
>>
>>63093166
Actually I have a stable job while he is moving from job to job like a pirate, still hoping desperately to be a star. Have you seen his vlog? Lol. I would say I won out.
>>
>>63092174

From what I've seen he's a pretty nice guy, why are you hating on him?
I love hook so much. That movie is very magical.
>>
Did everyone do the RUFIO thing at him?
>>
>>63093809
Is he talking about you, or you him? Does he watch your vlog, or do you watch his? Does anybody know what you've done, ever? Who's on 4chan in their 40s?

I know for a fact that you did not win out.
>>
>>63093903
Im talking about Rufio, and yes he is still a struggling actor going from job to job, look at his vlog. He is a loser, has-been. He is still trying to recapture that Hook glory. While I have a stable job , I never have to worry about lucking into the next gig like actors do.
>>
>>63093835
Yes even when he picked up his diploma on stage.It was and still is pathetic.
>>
I remember him more as that boyfriend in Fresh Prince in that one episode.
>>
File: 1448288769906.jpg (36 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448288769906.jpg
36 KB, 640x640
>>63093110
This tbfaqhwy senpai senpai
>>
>>63093809
You're obsessed. I didn't even think it was possible to be this jelly.
>>
>>63094111
Senpai
>>
>>63092240
Yeah Robin and Hoskins' careers have definately slowed down since last year.
>>
>>63092174
>i know him he goes to my school

>>63092513
Isn't that Mario from reallifecam.com?
>>
>>63092205
yes, but to be fair production on Avatar began during principle photography on Hook.
>>
>>63094244
You're only off by like an entire decade
>>
File: McBain_-_Let's_Get_Silly.jpg (23 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
McBain_-_Let's_Get_Silly.jpg
23 KB, 512x384
>>63094355
fucking hell mate
>>
>>63094072
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf_xvIXQBWw
Faggot still talking about Hook. Wouldnt shut up about it then, wont shut up about it now.

>>63094135
How am I jealous when I have a way more fulfilling and stable career than him and have never had any desire to be in the movie business. I kind of pity him though. It must be torture knowing you peaked at age 14 when you lucked into a Spielberg movie because you could make a retarded facial expression. Then no decent roles for 25 years later till he got to be the voice of a cartoon character. Yay. That's some level of success right there.
>>
>>63094244
Should've got him in Shamalan's film instead of Dev Patel
>>
>>63092174

Check out this oldfag
>>
>>63094036

Even if he we take your word for it and he was a douchebag when he was a kid, you're both grown ass men now and you're the only one we can definitively say a douchebag.

What the fuck kind of 40 year old laughs at the failings of someone they didn't like in high school, like who they were then is even remotely indicative of who they are now. I'm not even 30 and I've run into people who were assholes 10-15 years ago who are clearly mature, pleasant adults now.

Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>63094940
PLEASE HAMMER DON'T HURT 'IM
>>
>>63094940
/thread
>>
>>63094940
>grow the fuck up
>he says on a Filipino feather duster message board
>>
>>63094940
You are ignoring the part that I posted links to his vlog where he is still talking about Hook, 25 years later. He is the one who needs to grow up and get a real job.
>>
>>63094396
That video just makes him even more likable. He seems chill af. Most of the videos on his channel aren't about hook.

"It's not the size of the wand, it's the magic it makes" - Dustin Hoffman

Lmao
>>
>>63095370
>he is still talking about Hook, 25 years later.

So are you. Worse, you're talking about high school classmates 25 years later. He probably doesn't even remember you.
>>
>>63094940
>being a judgemental cunt
>on 4chan
and you tell someone on here to grow up. Ship has sailed for him, me and you
>>
>>63095370
What's bad about being happy and proud about something he's done in life? The movie he was in is treasured by many people. Have you ever done something that made so many people happy?
>>
>>63092535
ooooOOOOO!!!
>>
>>63095370
But he was actually in that movie, you wern't.
Sounds like your jelly.
>>
>>63092513
>Believing OP
OP is a faggot. And is spewing sophistry.
>>
>>63093809
Fuck off and propose to Rufio already, the fact you're posting on 4chan means you probably do odd jobs here and there, and survive by eating TV dinners and beer.
>>
I really like Dante Basco and always thought he was kinda cute.
>>
>>63095654
I have a solid 50K a year income, Dante might be a working actor but I doubt he even does 50K consistently. He rolled the dice and lost, after throwing Hook in our faces constantly and how he's going to be a star like Deniro and is friends w Spielberg. Fast forward 25 years and he does voices for cartoons that probably pay four or five hundred an episode. I would feel bad if I didn't see first hand what a conceited dick he was.
>>
>>63095794
He was in Avatar the Last Airbender, Mortal Kombat X, Spiderman, and that new Star Wars show.

All of those are things that were cool when you were in high school and are still cool to kids today.
He's living the dream and you're still mad.
>>
>>63095370
>You are ignoring the part that I posted links to his vlog where he is still talking about Hook, 25 years later.

You linked one fucking video of him telling a story, his channel has a shitton of videos on it and almost none of it has anything to do with Hook, the few that are seem to be him having a laugh at his own expense with a fucking Rufio muppet.
>>
>>63095794
There's some deep rooted homosexuality there and you still haven't realized. It's sad OP. Kill yourself.
>>
It's pretty obvious to everyone you're insanely jealous of the guy.
>>
>>63095794
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/dante-basco-net-worth/

He seems to be doing okay.
>>
If Jake Lloyd was a dick to you or some other one-off child star that starred in a shitty movie that noone liked maybe you'd have a point.

But this is Dante Basco, this was Hook, he got to star alongside Robin Williams, and he's still working in the industry and getting roles in big name productions.
>>
Try going to school with Selma Blair, or working for Tim Allen, or being Caddy for world famous golfers.
My whole life I've found myself surrounded by these clowns, all that use self-serving circular logic and victim blaming.
It's just too bad narcissistic culture has become world culture.
Waiting for the bow to break.
>>
>>63095963
You literally just gave OP an aneurysm.
>>
>>63096058
Selma Blair was 23 when she got her first role in Television.
What the fuck cruel thing did she do to you? Tell you she had plans to make it big and actually went through with it and succeeded?

What mean thing did the famous golfers do to you? Make you pick up their clubs? Make you lug their shit? Make you do your fucking job?
>>
File: gas.jpg (23 KB, 262x410) Image search: [Google]
gas.jpg
23 KB, 262x410
>>63092174
this reminds me of some kids tv show where one guy fell in to a coma and woke up in some post apocalyptic world where there were no adults and the children fought eachother.

what was the name of that?
>>
>>63096203
Children of the Corn?
>>
>>63096203

You sure you're not thinking of an episode of South Park?
>>
>>63096150
She hated Bloomfield Township and the people in it.
I did too.
But she just treated me like I was "one of them", and she acted like an extreme cunt.

Golfers are generally selfish disgusting gossiping pricks. Often their conversations reach sociopathic levels. It's a hard thing to overhear. They also demand rights to interfere in people's lived. They cycle in magical thinking and victim blaming, and are obsessed with social undermining others and social sabotage in the name of egotism.

I had no problem with them until they started being complete psychotics.

I quit my caddy job because of the abuse.
It's actually harder on people intellectually than it is physically.
You have to be a slow minded sycophant to be a caddy .

But thanks for the BULVERISM, it really reveals your character.
>>
Also American Dragon: Jake Long
>>
Better to be king for a day than schmuck for a lifetime to be honest senpai
>>
>>63096203
>>63096244
>>63096277
nah it was a live action tv show that aired on saturday mornings or something
>>
>>63092513
Sometimes I'd like to be Asian. They age well.
>>
>>63096203
the tribe
>>
>>63094940
>expecting gen xers/boomers to not be complete pieces of fucking shit

They're the reason the world sucks. But they'll still blame it on those damn millennials!
>>
>>63096286
Until you give actual information and backed up your claims you sounded like the narcissistic asshole.

Just throwing shit out there without any evidence or anything to back it up should not be treated with respect, that's just gossip.
I can only judge you by what you post. I'm not psychic, I didn't live your life.
also hurr durr everyone on this site acts with Bulverism, get used to it or get out.
>>
>>63092240
>every "ethnic" actor is placed to push some leftist/jewish/multicultural agenda
i would kill myself if i had to live like you autists.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.