[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it worth watching? what am I going into?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: ray-donovan-poster.jpg (140 KB, 1264x711) Image search: [Google]
ray-donovan-poster.jpg
140 KB, 1264x711
is it worth watching? what am I going into?
>>
>>63088475
>>
angry Liev Schreiber beating up niggers and rich white dudes
it's pretty good for what it is
>>
>>63088536
+Jon Voight is based af
>>
>>63088475

It's just cashing in on the whole anti-hero tv show thing. Jon Voight is great in it though. Saw that I downloaded a show called Legends the other day, tried watching the first episode but I just couldn't do it, Sean Bean being the anti-hero in this. He's some sort of undercover guy and basically every action he performed in the first 20 minutes was reckless as fuck.

Ray Donovan isn't bad, it's just very mediocre.
>>
>it's a Tori Black episode
>>
I like it.
>>
File: why Ray?!?!?.jpg (24 KB, 518x362) Image search: [Google]
why Ray?!?!?.jpg
24 KB, 518x362
>>63088475
>is it worth watching?

Only the 1st season, then they mostly ignore the interesting "Hollywood fixer" theme the series is supposed to be about and instead, shit up the screen with predictable homogenized family drama bullshit.
>>
How's the latest season? It's Showtime's show so Im afraid it can be like californication or dexter.
>>
>>
>>63089535
does it have any kind of ending or is it just le cliffhanger for next season? If I'm going to finish it after 1 season then some kind of conclusion would be nice
>>
>>63089590
Every year the show has been great for "everything worked out fine" and then in the first ep of the new season Rays life goes to shit again
>>
>>63089553
It was pretty cool. There's a high test luchadora in there that is insanely boner inducing.
>>
>>63089553

Last one dropped bad Ray and the priest episodes are cringe as fuck there are no more nice character from hollywood, but it is still entertaining thanks to Jon Voight.
>>
File: bored732192_.jpg (9 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
bored732192_.jpg
9 KB, 300x240
>>63089535

It's a generic paint-by-numbers tv drama series, written by a committee of hack screen writers with different directors for each episode and just like similar shows, there's a overall plot for each season which is constantly getting side-tracked by scenes of irrelevant family drama bullshit you couldn't care less about.
>>
File: jon voight.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
jon voight.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>63089693
>but it is still entertaining thanks to Jon Voight.

And while he does a good job, he's also the reason the entire (actually interesting) premiss of Ray "The Hollywood Fixer" Donovan gets dropped beginning with S2.

You can see the mentality of the network execs at work here; Jon Voightt steals the show, so they shift the series 180* and make him essentially the co-star instead of a supporting character/storyline that should have been concluded in S1.
>>
dude lesbians lmao
dude isreali badass guy lmao
dude jews lmao
dude rip off the sopranos lmao
dude annoying wife lmao
dude christian priest raped me as a kid lmao
dude trannies are okay though lmao
dude blackbreeding lmao
dude I punched a straight woman in the face but it's okay because I'm a lesbian lmao
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.