[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How overrated was this film ? Its still a classic for me, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: point break.jpg (235 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
point break.jpg
235 KB, 1024x768
How overrated was this film ?
Its still a classic for me, but mostly because of nostalgia.
>>
File: neet heat.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
neet heat.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>63087213
GOAT Bank Robbery Scenes senpai
>>
>>63087213
I don't think anyone ever thought this was some brilliant film. It's just a awesome movie about surfers and bank robberies and shit.
>>
>>63087317
Would you rather watch this or Fast & Furious whichever?
>>
>>63087364
I'd rather watched Fast 7 desu.
>>
Honestly one of the most garbage "acclaimed" films I've ever seen. It's a great watch if you want to see a terrible movie, though.
>>
File: 51SYHFJHF2L.jpg (46 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
51SYHFJHF2L.jpg
46 KB, 353x500
>>63087526
Point Break was good enough to be ripped off twice.
>>
>>63087213
>>63087574
You guys are so wrong, it's one of the best action movies of all time. Maybe the pointless remake will be more your speed.
>>
New Point Break looks over the top and just bad, any one actually gonna see it?
>>
>>63087213
It was a genuinely good movie with a Female Director who knew her shit.
>>
It has some of the best action scenes of the 90's.

>>63087645

Drop Zone is a piece of shit I've seen a million times tanks to cheap reruns. I love it.
>>
>>63087645
Domino ripped it off with the First Ladies.
>>
>>63087213

Probably one of the most iconic action movies from the 90s.

"Speed" is still my favorite Keanu action flick though.
>>
>>63088753
She also did Near Dark.

I don't like her new shit though.
>>
>>63088915
I freakin love Near Dark too. And agreed her new stuff isn't my bag either.
>>
>>63088964
I'm probably the only person who liked Blue Steel.
>>
>>63089000
Haven't seen it. Might check it out.
>>
>>63089000

>implying

Ron SIlver was 10/10 in that movie and Curtis was excellent as well.

The direction was overheated and melodramatic even for Bigelow, but the actors played up to the material well enough that it managed to work instead of coming out as ridiculous camp.
>>
>>63088753
Bigelow was a totally legit director, she has three or four classics under her belt. It's a shame she became a cog in the propaganda machine.
>>
>>63087213
it was the first film to truly tap into the bromance theme in full while keeping it's concept very high level. Also (and this is why I love this movie) the stakes are just so fucking low it's ridiculous, there's nothing to distract from the meager plot and Keanu's and Bodhi's relationship.

Also, it's still one of the best skydiving sequences ever, even after all these years. The sport wasn't all that popular at the time.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.