[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when did you stop going? I haven't been to a movie theater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: M.jpg (122 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
M.jpg
122 KB, 1024x683
when did you stop going? I haven't been to a movie theater since lord of rings, over a decade ago.

also, movie theater thread.
>>
the last movie i saw in the theatre was hobbit part 2
>>
Last time I went was on Halloween to watch Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apoc.

I was expecting it to be like Shaun of the Dead but it was shit.
>>
the water heater is broken. can't even have a warm shower at the theater anymore, the fuck would i go back for?
>>
when I became an autistic shut in that shitposted on television and film imageboards
>>
Last movie I saw was Avengers 2. I want to go see Creed. dat no singles policy doe
>>
2 years ago after i discovered torrents
>>
i went to that theatre to see Spectre
>>
>>63079217
I go whenever my mom wants to go to amovie with me and offers to buy my ticket.
>>
Ever since they implemented the NSP. I know you can get around it, but I just don't want to put that much effort into it.
>>
>>63079318
>your mom has someone to call to get past the no singles policy
>you don't

jdimsa
>>
>>
File: 1447266765835.png (96 KB, 332x333) Image search: [Google]
1447266765835.png
96 KB, 332x333
>>63079217
When they started the whole "no singles policy" and I couldn't be bothered to hire a prostitute or buy a falcon for moviegoing.
>>
Last time I went to the theater was over 5 years ago an they tie to pass off snow crab as king crab.

Never went again, now I get my shellfish at a local fishmonger.
>>
Saw Ex Machina in theatres, and only then to get laid. I can't justify pouring more money into such a worthless industry.

Also:
>11/27/15(Fri)00:00:00
2spoopy
>>
I live in the Canadian prairies, it's fucking cold 6 months out of the year. I don't feel like dicking around looking for parking for 10-15 minutes for a movie
>>
Last movie I saw was Ant-Man, wanted to see Mission Impossible and Spectre but no fucking money
>>
Two months ago to see Sicario. Paid way too much, not going back again.
>>
>>63079515

Saskatchewan here lad. Why do we live in this frozen wasteland?
>>
last christmas i went to go see the hobbit by myself because i was bored and needed a distraction

that's it.
>>
>avatar
>3d
>imax

I vaguely remember the plot, a mix of pocahontas, fern gully, and the smurfs.

Since then, I have a nice home theater setup and a VPN. Even blu-rays are showing up at bargain bin/garage sale prices.

Unless a 3D IMAX experience is worth going to, I just don't see myself going out to see a flick. I won't even see avatar 2.

>>63079399
>laid

yeah, this isn't happening for me. I do have sex tourism, though.
>>
>>63079217
Considering I work at a AMC theater, I'd say yesterday.
>>
>>63079272
Nothing like SoTD.

Seemed rather formulaic, IMO.
>>
itt pleb general
>>
>>63079217
Just got back from Creed a few hours ago. It was pretty good. My gf kept grabbing my arm every time anyone got hit in the final fight. The Coke tasted like cough drops for some reason.
>>
i went to a late showing of the recent fantastic four movie to get sloshed and yell shit at the screen with my friend.

>tfw there wasn't even anything worth making fun of it was just awful
>>
i went to mad max fury road.

i cant remember what movie i saw before that. probably phantom menace lol
>>
Just recently. I'm a patient man but I just can't handle the falcons anymore.
>>
I think I've only seen Jurassic World and Mad Max Fury Road in theaters this year because there hasn't been much else that I've wanted to see.
>>
I'm a bus driver that frequently takes charter trips to the movie theater so it's common for the group to give me extra tickets so I get to get in for free.

Otherwise I can't remember the last time I actually went to a theater on my own and paid for a ticket.
>>
>>63079217
like really 13-16 years

I've been like half a dozen times since 2000

I was born in 84 and don't think I've ever had an "amazing" experience at the theater at any point in my life, most memorable experience was probably Forest Gump or Titanic, and both of those movies were pretty shit over all

really have never gotten the appeal, glad to see the theater is dying tbqh, desu
>>
>>63079217
Last film I went to see was Straight Outta Compton so I havent stopped going.
I would go more often if I had a car
>>
>>63080578
I went to see Whiplash in the theatre and I would say thats the best experience Ive had.
>>
The last movies I have been to were Jarassic World, World War Z (someone should have told me it was nothing like the book) and Apollo 18....that's three in 4 1/2 years
>>
Last time I went to see something was the movie 30 minutes or less it was fucking awful
>>
I work at an Alamo so I can see stuff when ever I like.
>>
Saw Creed tonight. It was bretty gud.
>>
>>63079217

>went to see jurassic park
>all psyched up, spent probably £150 with tickets and food for family
>nachos are inedible, I`ve eaten some shit before but they were to much- leave virtually all of them
>at least im enjoying the film
>get to the part where indominus rex controls raptors
>fire alarm goes off, film shut down, were all evacuated
>wait outside for 45 mins
>btw it was a late showing its now past 1 in the morning
>some tard comes out and tells us they dont know how to turn off the alarm even though there isnt a fire so we cant go back in, but we will be compensated
>compensated with another ticket to Jurassic park
>compensated with what id payed for in the first place
>I tell them thats not compensation thats what we payed for, a few people speak up and say im right
>some fucking liberal flips out and saying harassing staff and im "a beast" and I should leave the staff alone
>staff give me snide smile
>go home, flip shit on social media, call them out
>cinema company swaps my Jurassic park tickets for a free ticket to any movie, still not really compensation, flip at the for that, so they give me a free gotdog OR drink voucher
>go to cinema watching "no escape" for free, try to get free food/drink but voucher doesnt work and staff treat me like a criminal trying to scam stuff off them

Fuck cineworld
>>
I like the cinema and actually have friends so I go to about a dozen movies a year. The last time I saw a movie at the cinema alone was the first Sin City. This year I saw some generic blockbusters, When Marnie Was There, Inherent Vice and Ida.
>>
>>63079217
Theater Prices went up, while home entertainment prices went down.

There's no reason for me not to wait a few extra months to rent it.
>>
Last movie I saw in the theater was Ex Machina. The girl I was seeing at the time wanted to see it for some reason so we went. Got laid after. Shit was cash
>>
>>63079217
last time i went was that documentary amy, about amy winehouse. it was pretty good but not my choice of flick
>>
>>63079217
The last film I saw was spectre it's not my fault all the recent films have been dogshit. Going to watch bridge of spies tonight
>>
When my local theater instituted a no singles policy. My picture is up on the wall and I'm not allowed in.
>>
>perambulate over to kíno
>still waiting for falconer's licence in the post
>waiting in line for pre-ticket shower
>pass mandatory ridge inspection (you know the little "ridge" that runs along the taint)
>shower goes fine, managed to sneak a poo, pass it through drain like purée through a drum sieve, as usual
>exit shower to hear a symphony of shrieks
>falcon fight at the oyster bar (oh great)
>frenzied rush of falconers trying to save their birds, ushers forcing a line to Falcon Fight ($74.99 + tip), NSP agents hawking roses & Godiva chocolate to the couples ($300.00, but apparently there's some loophole with the taxes)
>all I really care about is that my poor peregrine Marcus Aurelius isn't wounded in battle
>erstwhile a master falconer taps me on the shoulder
>"right, licence? just a formality"
>shit
>start reeling off Marcus Aurelius quotes while a visible "piss" stain starts to form on my trousers
>joke's on him, it's actually my hidden truffle-butter stash I keep warm under my ridge
>Master Falconer reaches for the cuffs
>NSP agents kek me out of future wives
>can't tell whether my dear Marcus has fallen due to throng of couples swarming the quasi-kíno event
>all erstwhile I'm standing in a pool of my own melted truffle butter

"You have power over your mind-- not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength."
>>
>>63083450
what reason do you think?
>>
>>63084202
>his cínęma doesn't sell truffle butter

What kind of shithole town do you live in, anyway? Mine will grate fresh truffle over your cheeky crabby for €500/second.
>>
File: 1444714160471.png (247 KB, 636x499) Image search: [Google]
1444714160471.png
247 KB, 636x499
>leaving the house
>paying for media
>>
2002 or so when i was 13. i've probably only seen 20-25 movies in the theater my whole life.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.