[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Momentum, the $20m-budget film, about a thief who become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: momentum_trailer.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
momentum_trailer.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
>Momentum, the $20m-budget film, about a thief who becomes entangled in a terrorist plot, made just £46 from 10 sites

There are literally more people that have walked on the moon than people who saw this in British cinemas during it's opening weekend

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/nov/24/morgan-freeman-thriller-momentum-flops-uk-cinema
>>
it probably flopped because she has no ass
>>
Seems like it didn't get any momentum going
>>
>>63078143
I download it like 3 weeks ago is decent for what it is an action movie.
>>
File: 37.jpg (50 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
50 KB, 396x594
>>63078653
>>
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 2000x1000
The film stars Olga Kurylenko as the protagonist "Alexis", James Purefoy as the antagonist "Mr. Washington", and Morgan Freeman as the heavy, a U.S. senator. Vincent Cassel was originally to star opposite Kurylenko, but was replaced by Purefoy.

>they spent more money on the Twitter publicity than they made in the theatre...
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 750x1334
>She wanted to be the first female James Bond, named Jessica
It's funny because this trailer is better than ones for Star Wars...

http://youtu.be/bZDHKxXBzCM
>>
>curiously morgan freeman did not appear in any marketing

Well then that's why it fucking tanked, you retards. I was surprised I hadn't heard of this, but now I know why. God damn this deserved to flop.
>>
>>63079010
>It's funny because this trailer is better than ones for Star Wars...

It's really not. It looks okay. I wonder if it started as a spec script for Salt 2.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 682x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 682x374
>>63079086
>verre is de drive, miss v'Olga?

>best believe I ain't askin twice...
>>
>>63079010

> It's funny because this trailer is better than ones for Star Wars...

Are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>63079010
It really doesnt look that bad, but talk about terrible marketing this is the first Ive heard of it.

>make the objective something more ambiguous than "the drive"
>get her to show a little more skin
>and not sound like the girl from the Bourne movies

Id watch that pretty enthusiastically if Im honest
>>
>>63079010
wow, that trailer is really bad, like a mishmash of different (better) source material. The cyber suits from GI Joe, the rogue female CIA agent from Salt, they even used the line "Clever girl" from damn Jurassic Park
>>
>implying this wasn't a cheaply made movie used for money laundering purposes
>>
>>63079196
It's stronger in terms of telling you what kind of story it will be. Feminist thief threatened by South African terrorist or some junk.

Star Wars has Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, sure, but they no longer look like their original characters, even though they're wearing almost the exact same clothing. Ten years ago Ford would have looked good in the role, by today he's too old to bank on. Especially after the last Indianan Jones.
>>
File: OK.jpg (46 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
OK.jpg
46 KB, 1024x768
Holy shit I forgot how fine Olga Kurylenko is.

Thank you OP
>>
Looks like the movie-going sheeple are finally starting to wake up.
>>
>stars a woman
>flops

Maybe movie makers will take note
>>
>>63078143
Damn, olga has no ass
>>
>>63078143
I want to bury my face in that pancake ass so fucking bad.
>>
>>63079273
I don't need a trailer to tell me the story. If it can give me the basic thrust of the story with some enticing moments I'm satisfied.

Star Wars is sort of an exception though. They know you'll see it regardless. It's one instance where I'd rather know as little as possible beforehand and see it all unwind for me on the screen.
>>
>>63079273
Because people want to be surprised by starwars, hence the vague trailer. While this trailer is meant to get you excited and on board to watch it.. it fails, star wars does not.
>>
>>63079572
True, true.

I'm not arguing against the overall marketing strategy, just the comprehensibility of the trailer.
>>
>>63078143
>show in 10 theaters
>don't advertise Freeman is in it
>don't advertise the ass extensively
What the fuck did they expect?
>>
>>63078906
>Vincent Cassel was originally to star opposite Kurylenko
they dodged that bullet at least...
>>
>>63079698

Nothing.

The cinema releases on these films are contractual obligations. They book a required number of theaters and play the films to fulfill marketing mandates for VOD.

The company that released it specializes in "Day And Date" releasing.

Their marketing gimmick is that the film you are watching on Netflix/On Demand is "CURRENTLY IN CINEMAS!"

It's financed by South African tax breaks. Basically glorified welfare for South African film crews.
>>
>>63079922
This is interesting. Don't the distribution costs offset a lot of what they gain from VOD sales? Although I suppose providing reels to 10 cinemas wouldn't cost much.
>>
>>63079950

It costs a bit. But as you said, they pick minimal cost choices. Often they'll book literally 10 A.M. screen times when cinemas basically have no audiences coming in.

They also, obviously, don't pay a cent on marketing the theatrical release.

Even Netflix quasi did this for Beasts Of No Nation.
>>
>>63079986
>Even Netflix quasi did this for Beasts Of No Nation.

For an investment like this how does Netflix justify a success? An influx of sign ups or something?
>>
>>63080134
>An influx of sign ups or something?
And the Oscar buzz they hope will sustain that.
>>
>>63078550
That's a tight tennis ass. Better than a nigger ass, gtfo
>>
>>63079922
how are they making money off the movie though?
>>
>>63079416

>starwars and capeshit still bigger than ever

lol top jej comrade
>>
File: Olga-Kurylenko.jpg (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Olga-Kurylenko.jpg
203 KB, 1920x1080
Olga Thread
>>
>>63080134
>>63081278
I'm pretty sure Netflix's current priority is notoriety. They already have acclaimed, award-winning shows, if they can do the same with movies they'll become the premier media outlet.
>>
>>63078143
wait only 46 pounds or 46k pound?
>>
File: 1351861334868.jpg (112 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1351861334868.jpg
112 KB, 1280x800
>>63078550
That's just not true.
>>
>>63081507
Yeah, but they're still a business above all. They all want a bit of prestige but for them, investing in film what does it get them? Tv shows can keep people hooked hence keeping their subscription but original movies? Without being able to sell tickets I'm not sure how the investment pays off? Unless they envisage premium subscriptions or something of that ilk down the line to be able to view premier movies.
>>
>>63081527
>You will never own a multi-million dollar waterfront villa with a 10/10 model girlfriend frolicking naked by the pool
>>
>>63081527
*zip*
>>
>>63081527
>ywn relax by the pool at your cliffside villa whilst Olga walks around in nothing but a smile
>>
>>63081585
>>63081589
>>63081591
reminder that she poops from there
>>
>>63078143
Where are the feminists that want equal pay in hollywood now?
>>
>>63081638
>isnt an anal guy
youll come around
>>
>>63081638
reminder that you're on 4chan and most of these faggots would probably love for her to shit on their face
>>
>>63081638
you're right, that's gross

i'll have to plug it with my dick so it stops
>>
>>63081557
A retail take and the ability to license out their properties out to other outlets.

Plus in the long run it works out cheaper to do an original production because the rights never expire and a competitor can't outbid them.
>>
>olga
>purefoy
>spyshit
fuck it, i'm in.
>>
>>63081585
>you will never have a houseboat you take out regularly where you and your 10/10 gf fuck mercilessly for 3 days in every orifice both of you have
>>
File: momentum.jpg (228 KB, 737x941) Image search: [Google]
momentum.jpg
228 KB, 737x941
Ouch
>>
>>63081638
That's what gives it that delicious musk. They should bottle that smell.
>>
But now the story behind the movie's failed premier has given the movie exposure. A week ago you had never even heard of this movie. Now, everyone on 4chan and Reddit has. People will now be seeing this movie just because no one else has. It has gained momentum.
>>
If nobody watched it doesn't that make it obscure and therefore patrician?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.