[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did he die when he jumped, did he die on the stage, or did he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Birdman_69883.jpg (30 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Birdman_69883.jpg
30 KB, 600x300
did he die when he jumped, did he die on the stage, or did he live and this was symbolic?
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
rare
>>
He was a Bird Man all along and is now flying with his family where he will be accepted.
>>
>>63077533
Interesting pepe

and nice dubs
>>
I think it would have been a lot better if it had ended with him actually killing himself on stage and getting the standing ovation. Didn't like the way it ended with the hospital scene
>>
>>63077666

>this random event would have made the movie better!!!

Basically "I'm a fucking retarded pleb": the post
>>
He died when we waded into the ocean.
>>
She saw his bloody, broken body on the ground, but forgot about it seconds later when she noticed a funny Geico ad being pulled by a plane.
>>
It was symbolic, he wasn't obsessed with the thought of being a big name and doing art anymore after he realized there's no difference in what he did (shot himself on stage and it became art) and capeshit. That's even in the fucking title for crying out loud
>>
>>63077691
nah senpai it was the comet
>>
>>63077666

It would be cooler
>>
>>63077666
okay Satan.
>>
his honor died on the stage and revived with his suicide
>>
>>63077698
see that's what i thought but some people are saying that he died on stage and the whole hospital scene is symbolic while others say just him flying and emma stone smiling is symbolic.
i interpret it the second way because if the whole hospital scene was a dream then the whole "moving on from birdman" bit is pointless because he's dead.
>>
>>63077533
he shot off his nose to spite his face
>>
>>63077533
She metaphorically inherited her father's delusion at that moment.

That either means she believes her father could fly, or she just inherited his own delusion of grandeur and probably follow in his footsteps mentally.
>>
File: not amused.jpg (37 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
not amused.jpg
37 KB, 500x373
>>63077666
>>
>>63077706
This would actually make sense. Huh.

What was the point of the comet if not this?
>>
>>63078387
>muh symbolism
him and sam were aliens and that's how they arrived to earth. when birdman says "how'd we end up here" he's not referring to the apartment but to the planet
>>
once you realize they would have never left a suicidal patient alone for a minute, especially minutes after coming to, it's obvious he was dead or dying in that last bit.
>>
He flew. The end.
>>
>>63077666
>>63077666
this
the way the film built towards that and then shrugged it off was lame. if they were gonna do it, do it. but as it happened, what purpose did it serve to trick your audiance
>>
>>63078458
if he's dead then what's the point of the whole end?
>>
>>63078484
because>>63077698
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.