[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this classic, golden, transitional, neo, or zombie Simpsons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: mlx7uw6zw13orvuxpacp.jpg (37 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
mlx7uw6zw13orvuxpacp.jpg
37 KB, 620x400
Is this classic, golden, transitional, neo, or zombie Simpsons?
>>
That's literally one of the best episodes so I say classic or golden.

I seen threads on /biz/ examining the character, how he applies to the real world and why he fails in the end.
>>
beautiful golden age Simpsons
>>
It's probably in the top 5 best episodes
>>
neoclassical post-modern simpsons.
>>
One of the last memorable episodes. It's Season 8 so it's safely classic.
>>
It's the best written episode IMO. It's like one of those classic novelas your english teacher says you should read every 10 years of life to see how your views and applications to your life change. It's about how life is unfair and how hard adulthood can be

Grimes is a bitter hard-working, disciplined, man who's never had anything given to him to the point where it's almost like everything is against him. He had to absolutely work for everything and still handles misfortune

Homer is a fat retard who's got through life solely on luck and his oafish charisma.

You're supposed to identify with one of them and they writers know this when they make the dark as fuck resolution where Grimes goes insane because everyone likes Homer more than him and can't empathize his frustrations with Homer
>>
What's so good about this episode? It wasn't even funny
>>
>>63078055
it's pretty funny but it's memorable of how poinent it's commentary on adulthood, professionalism, working and life is.

Have a few jobs or move out or turn 17 and see
>>
File: 8aKiPco.gif (344 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
8aKiPco.gif
344 KB, 500x281
What's an example of a zombie era episode?
>>
>>63077047
Golden. Also easily my favourite episode.
>>
>>63077047
This was the last good episode.

And I think, the Frank Grimes episode would have been more than fitting for a series finale for the show.

The entire show is about how stupid and incompetent Homer is but still has managed to do a lot of great things and has established a decent middle-class living with a dysfunctional, yet loving family.
>>
>>63078655
entire episode* i meant.
>>
The beginning of transitional. It's the start of Homer becoming a flanderized idiot.
>>
neo-transitional golden zombie classic simpsons
>>
>>63077047
>tfw with every day you relate more and more to Grimey
>>
>>63078513
the halloween specials
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.