[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Thoughts?
>>
ass
>>
File: fisticuffs guild.png (902 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fisticuffs guild.png
902 KB, 1280x720
what did he mean by this
>>
Reddit?
>>
Well, I gotta tell you: I'd be very, very careful who you talk to about that, because the person who wrote that... is dangerous. And this button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you've known for years. Someone very, very close to you.
>>
>>63075960
In the world I see, you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.
>>
>>63075960
Excellent, but this thread is probably going to have a lot of faggots going on about how it's reddit or fedora shit.
>>
The only film that changed my life.
>>
Really made me think and to this day still does.
>>
The film made me think and feel edgy... when I was a teenager, now it feels just too edgy and over the top.

It is fedora shit.
>>
File: 1448531365823.jpg (2 MB, 1995x4839) Image search: [Google]
1448531365823.jpg
2 MB, 1995x4839
Deserves its place on the patrician cinema list
>>
>>63077008
>a goofy movie
>jack and jill
>longest yard
>foodfight

is the left side supposed to be shit or something?
>>
>>63077008
this might be the worst bait I've ever seen.
>>
I find it really ironic how the film caused a massive wave of tools repeating what Pitts character says throughout the movie even though the whole point was to show two extremes and how it's not any better
>>
>>63077008
lol what the fuck is this list
>>
this was my favorite movie in the 8th grade

I wish I could be in the 8th grade again
>>
CONSUMERISM IS EMPTY RECLAIM YOUR MANHOOD LOL IT'S EDGY TO HATE ON THE MAN.

Yeah, let's base our anti-establishment attitude on a movie starring Brad Pitt that was shown at the mall.
>>
>>63075987
Power makes you a slave.
They're anarchists, it's not that difficult to figure it out.
>>
>>63077008
Old boy was deep although I don't like gooks that much.
>>
Easiest way to spot 17-18 year olds on 4chan is to look for posts viciously trashing this film.

It's really well made and has an important message. Because it's a lot of people's first look at philosophy, they have the tendencies to dismiss the film in the early years following high school in an attempt to give the impression that they've 'moved on' or 'progressed' to more complex cinema and by extension, more complex philosophy.

The reality is however, that the people that dismiss this film in threads like these didn't understand the film in the first place and have not progressed at all, just aged.
>>
>>63078567
I unironically agree with your post
>>
It's a good movie. Don't take it for anything more than what it is on the surface.
>>
"Is that what a real man looks like?"

>has abs, sexy hair, leather jacket

Guffaw.
>>
>>63078567
True
>>
great script but the stylization is obnoxious and very dated
>>
File: fight-club-_the-end_[1].jpg (51 KB, 717x309) Image search: [Google]
fight-club-_the-end_[1].jpg
51 KB, 717x309
>>63078567
Yeah, I like it too.

Regardless of how you feel about the film's philosophy, the ending is just unforgettable.
>>
>>63077196
I like how you understood it
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.