[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Pizza hesitating? Pic. related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 20
File: pizza.png (483 KB, 698x664) Image search: [Google]
pizza.png
483 KB, 698x664
Why is Pizza hesitating? Pic. related.
>>
because vinceposting is hard as fuck and pizza is running out of juice
>>
>>63075609
because he lurks 4chan, and he can't handle the bantz.
nic pls if you are here, insert a Big guy reference in season 3
>>
cmon pizza, i need season 3 shitposting in my life
>>
>>63075609
He hasn't found what he is going to rip off yet.
>>
File: B3tudNkIUAAsh6t.jpg (59 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
B3tudNkIUAAsh6t.jpg
59 KB, 600x399
These three would be best for S3
>>
>>63075609
He got lucky with the first season.
It had a great cast of characters, a solid director and a decent enough story that was stretched out over 8 episodes and was interesting enough to keep watching.
Season 2 pretty much had none of that. Everything was just so flat and bland.
>>
I'm still not over how fucking bad season 2 was. I haven't even finished it

season 1 I was hooked from the intro to end, every episode. I dropped out after ep3 or 4 in season 2.

pizza was a one-hit wonder. season 3 is not happening.
>>
Because season 2 was even shittier than The Walking Shit or Game of Shit
>>
>>63075829
>I'm still not over how fucking bad season 2 was. I haven't even finished it
>season 1 I was hooked from the intro to end, every episode

Hello Reddit.
>>
I hope he didn't take all the shit people gave season 2 to heart. It was way better than the first season I thought. People just weren't ready. They wanted another "cool" detective show with a mystery they could get invested in and instead they got something more like Inherent Vice.
>>
>>63075829
>season is bad
>didn't finish the season

AUTISTIC RESPONSE
>>
>>63075864
so ur saying its True Shit
>>
>>63075609
Fuck Pizza. He ran out of stram after the first season. Get a new writer. It's an anthology series so it doesn't matter
>>
>>63075898
hello 4chan
>>
>>63075945
Basically. Thanks for that, can't believe I never thought of that.
>>
>>63075825

to be fair he had years to come up with s1, this stuff is really hard, s2 must have been murder to hammer out in a few months, dont blame him for not wanting to have to do it again
>>
>>63075898
>>63075943
>you need to eat the full turd in order to know that it's actually shit

nope.

hope this help with your posting!
>>
File: White Cartoon Face Reborn.jpg (4 KB, 112x125) Image search: [Google]
White Cartoon Face Reborn.jpg
4 KB, 112x125
>>63075864
>>63075945
>The Walking Shit
>Game of Shit
>True Shit
holy fuck my sides
>>
>>63075982
>he had years to steal material for s1

Pizza is a hack, A HACK
>>
Season 2 is a gloriously flawed masterpiece of shit.
>>
>>63075609

>Write an eight hour series in less than a year
>Surprised not everyone fancies it

>Asked to write ANOTHER eight hour series in less than a year
>Get hesitant

This ain't difficult.
>>
File: vp.png (96 KB, 1104x513) Image search: [Google]
vp.png
96 KB, 1104x513
Pizz a shit, but the fact s2 was literally meme-tier made it enjoyable.

Also maybe HBO should just cut out the middle man and make Thomas Ligotti a showrunner.
>>
>>63076141
Hello Reddit.
>>
Hi Pizza

Don't do it.Don't do a season 3. Plebelords will ask you to replay season 1 with other washed up actor quoting Ligotti.Please don't fall for the memecinematography + lovecraft references again. Let it go. Plebes will never be satiated and we patricians enjoyed season 2. There's nothing else to do, let it flow
>>
>>63075653
this tbqh
>>
>>63076227
>Plebes will never be satiated

This. For anyone who wanted "more of season 1" that's not what Pizza wanted us to take away. Out of the millions of folks who watched Season 1, I wonder how many of them have anything interesting to say other than "the shootout in episode 4 was amazing." As opposed to talking about the in-your-face questions and answers to why we should live or not.
>>
>>63076227
don't listen to this redittor, I wanna see rust shoting down Cthulhu
>>
/tv/ could spin out a season 3 in an afternoon. Pizza already has a formula by now. They meet the real killer off hand in Ep 3 and only realise it by the final. Create a whole bunch of edgy noir sounding meme dialogue. Giant shootout in Ep 5. String it together with a bunch of plots about vulnerable, sexualised women. Bam. Done.
>>
>>63076227
Hey, Nic here. Interesting perspective. I'll reflect upon it.
>>
Dusty Mason spinoff series when
>>
>>63075794
cool. now die.
>>
>>63076303

hey pizza. why did you turn your show into a bunch of stupid meme SHIT? are you a redditor? is that it?
>>
File: 1436701014428.jpg (76 KB, 564x960) Image search: [Google]
1436701014428.jpg
76 KB, 564x960
>>63075609
> Why is Pizza hesitating?

Because HBO pushed him to hurry up and do TD2 and it predictably ended up being shit.

It takes time to craft a good story but mouse-pushing corporate bean counters don't understand this and simply want to throw anything up on screen.
>>
>>63076329
What do you mean?
I'm proud of what we created with Season 2.
Nic
>>
>>63076260

You're right. I think Pizza wanted to challenge us. I think it was us the ones who didn't measure up to season 2. I liked it.
>>
He's hesitant because HBO will make him work with other writers, and take a lot of the production out of his hands. If you watch any of the behind the scenes videos from season one and two, he's right in there with the director, which I assumed is why Fukushima was pissed.

True Detective in his eyes is his show, and letting go of any part of it is probably a no go for him.

It's a shame really. A decent writing team surrounding pizzeria, coupled with a young promising director willing to handle all eight episodes, could turn this ship around.
>>
File: t'you detectives.jpg (251 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
t'you detectives.jpg
251 KB, 1024x768
>>63075794
Post suggestions.
>>
I feel like some futuristic robo-whore slobbing for years at the same abandoned futuristic glory hole. Her motors are sucking, over and over as her battery slowly wears out... but there ain't no dick there.

Pizza knew this. That's why he got the fuck out when he did.
>>
>>63076393

What? That's not what I meant. I'm with this guy: >>63076349

Season 2 didn't measure up to season one because it was written in what, a year? I imagine Pizza could've done a lot, and for what it is S2 came out p. okay. But it feels like a lesser LA Confidential.
>>
why wouldn´t a medieval setting work for true detective?
its what the show needs
>>
>>63076420

TDs2 had the ambition to be great at least. LA confidential was the CRINGE in the last scene.

First time I watched it, I though it was OK. After the second time, I like TDs2 over season 1. So shitpost away, I could argue what I feel
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 600x337
You ever heard of the saying "Why'd the chicken cross the road?" Well it didn't. I'm the fucking road, Ray, and nobody crosses me.

Never lost any key , never had any fucking keychain.

Ever heard the saying "A stitch in time saves nine?" Well, I'm the needle Ray, and it's time to sew things up.

I never lost my cool Ray, not even when my fucking fridge was stolen.

You know what a well is Ray? It's a hole in the ground where you can draw water. And I'm drawing the line right here in the water.

You know how they say you can lead a horse to water but cant make it drink Ray? Well guess what, I'm the fucking water and I'll be goddamned if that horse doesn't drink me.

You know how they say that it's no good closing the barn door after the horse is gone? Well, I'm the barn door Ray and I'm closing anyway.
>>
>>63076349
>It takes time to craft a good story

especially in times where everything is remade anyhow. how the fuck is he supposed to find something he can steal that barely anyone knows about?
give that man some time!
>>
>>63076473
a bizantine one
>>
>>63076227
>we patricians enjoyed season 2
Of Fargo and the Leftovers? Because S2 of True Detective was shit.
>>
>>63076498

Nah holmes chill. The post I made in the first place was criticizing anyone who just wanted season 1 again instead of talking about the issues it raises. Then I said I understand why S2 was lesser, given the time constraints. I like S2 as it is, but it's no S1.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4256x2832) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4256x2832
Ya ever see that dog food commercial about the dog food that makes it's own gravy? Well I don't like gravy Ray and I'm ready to feed the dog.

There's an old saying about having to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. Well, Ray, I've kissed a lot of frogs and I'm not stopping until I meet my prince.

You know how they say measure twice, cut once? Well, I don't care how you do it, Ray. Just remember I'm the fucking ruler.

The world is your oyster, Ray. Problem is, it's everyone else's, too, and I'm a fucking fisherman.

You know how they say kill two birds with one stone? Well guess what Ray. They're crushing two stones with one bird, and I'm the fucking bird.

It's a dog eat dog world Ray, and I'm the fucking Chinaman.
>>
>>63076403

we just need fukuyama to direct.

fuck pizza. let some young writer come up with shit.
fukuyota was the heart behind s1
>>
>>63076403
>He's hesitant because HBO will make him work with other writers
Why, he's got plenty of practice at it.
>>
>>63076499

that's some impressive vinceposting

nice anon
>>
>>63076572
His only experience writing with a team outside of True Detective was two episodes of The Killing, which he's said in multiple interviews he hated.
>>
>>63076227
This. Season 2 was a flawed but had great vision. If only there was more time to get a real director involved and you cut out one of the characters.
>>
>>63076559
>fukuyama
>>
>>63076526
Fargo Season 2 is far more pleb friendly than True Detective season 2 was.
>>
File: S4qoH9X.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
S4qoH9X.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Take it rural again please.
>>
>>63076556
It's "doggy dog world" you fuckstick.
>>
>>63076599
>writing with a team
Oh I'm sorry, I was referring to his blatant plagiarism.
>>
>>63076535
>holmes chill

Que pasa hermano

>I like S2 as it is, but it's no S1

And I'm glad. I wish season 3 is even more complex and ambitious. But it won't be, right? If it comes to exist it will season 1, part 2, and if it don't it's because HBO kicked the pizza out and wanted to make some True Blood spinoff with Rust.

It's sad really. The chances art is losing within our time
>>
>>63076621

What can I say, memes are a diamond dozen
>>
>>63076611
It's also much more enthralling, well written, visually interesting, and filled with notable characters.
>>
>>63076559

Fukutufu is made of magic. Will definitely watch out for whatever else he's got.
>>
Why did True Detective Season 1 work?

- Engaging mystery.
- Extended themes of nihilism, no God, the Earth overrun by monsters, powerful ancient forces of evil directing society.
- Good guys trapped in the dark for so long before Hulking up and killing the bad guy.
- Great odd couple chemistry between Marty and Rust who hate each other.
- Character development arcs over 20 years.
- Gorgeous cinematography of Louisiana/art direction/music

Why was True Detective Season 2 an abomination?

- Zero character development from anybody.
- Needlessly labyrinthine unfocussed plot with too many elements, too undeveloped.
- A murder nobody cares about because he was a boring pedo city manager.
- Entire characters that do nothing e.g. Woodrugh
- Vince's bizarre cryptic crossword tier dialogue - "what is this egregious rambunctiousness?"
- No themes, other than "fatherhood" wherein the show has nothing to say.
- "Everything is fucking."
- Extremely unsatisfying curveball resolution involving two orphan kids.
- Followed the beats of the first season too much.
- The main villain being a gay mexican hip-hop DJ who is only in one scene.
>>
>>63076611

This. TD2 was 2deep4plebes and that was its downfall
>>
>>63076668
Yes, these are all pleb appeal factors. It's much braver and more artistically respectable to make a show that's not so concerned with fulfulling the memes of "quality", with providing people with something they'd enjoy, I respect the artist who is not afraid to be hated. They played it safe with Fargo with all those easily consumable recognizably "good" aspects. TD season 2 makes zero concession for audience enjoyment at all.
>>
>>63076473

The closest we will get to this is that scene in Game of Thrones S1 where Eddard Stark is looking through the book of old lineages where all the Baratheons are black of hair, and realises the blonde Lannisters have keked the King out of his children.
>>
>>63076731
Shit, you're right. I was so pleb I was filtered out without even realizing it.
>>
>>63076731
> TD season 2 makes zero concession for audience enjoyment at all.

This. Season 2 is the Inland Empire of tv shows and I'm not trolling here
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 1265x671) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 1265x671
You don't burn a candle at both ends, Ray. You shoot at it with a flamethrower.

Never do anything out of hunger, not even eating

You ever see King Kong, Ray? I feel like I'm stuck on top of a skyscraper, swatting at biplanes. And it's only a matter of time before I realize I'm made of fucking foam rubber

Ray, let me tell you something

Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Ray, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

A picture's worth a thousand words. But I just can't read the fuckin' language.

Ever hear that saying, "bird in the hand is worth two in the bush", Ray? Well, I'm the bird, Ray. I'm the bird.
>>
>>63076632

Nada, y tu?

>But it won't be, right?

Not as long as the masses, and by extension HBO, just want season 1 part two.

>It's sad really. The chances art is losing within our time

Que sera, sera.

>>63076711
>- Zero character development from anybody.

What? Did the whole Antigone going "you're not a bad man" to Velcoro just fly over your head?

>- No themes, other than "fatherhood" wherein the show has nothing to say.

Emasculation. And even still it didn't have much to say, yeah.
>>
File: 1405287756524.jpg (5 KB, 132x140) Image search: [Google]
1405287756524.jpg
5 KB, 132x140
>>63076499
>>
>John Lovitz and Dana Carvey have been confirmed for S3 of True Detective

How would you feel about this?
>>
On the theme of fatherhood, there's a few things to say I guess. Stan is killed and his son will grow up without a father, which Vince reflects on and tries to comfort the kid. Frank lives in constant disappointment of his father and reveals he "never asked you to love me" in the desert. Frank is also infertile and his mini-empire is all going to be for nothing. Maybe a suggestive metaphor about the land being poisoned with waste in the same way that Frank potential offspring have been ... ??? something? The Ray/Chad dynamic is fairly laboured. Ray's dad watches the news informing him of his son's death and probably thought he was a piece of shit. It is unknown whether Chad will grow up to respect Ray, though you would expect him to. Tony Chessani only achieves wealth and power by literally murdering his own father.

If there is a message here, I'm not really seeing it.
>>
How was True Detective season 2 even allowed to happen the way it was? It's so unlikable in every way that it's kind of impressive it even got made in its current form.

Did everybody just give him the benefit of the doubt after the success of season 1?
>>
because he knows he won't be able to top season 2
>>
>>63076764
>Season 2 is the Inland Empire of tv shows and I'm not trolling here
So in other words: pretentious failure ?
>>
>>63075609
>Why is Pizza hesitating?

I guess because S2 failed so hard and was so shat upon. After all the praise for S1, must make it difficult to want to do a third. Probably best to quit while you're behind.
>>
>>63076915
They trusted Nic based on season one alone, even though it was heavily carried by Matt, Woody, and Fukunishi

He won't get much leeway if he goes forward with a season 3. His days of writing in a vacuum are over.
>>
>>63076915

Nobody challenged his crazy undeveloped ideas. Pizza is the new George Lucas. The next season will be a Rust Cohle prequel set in Alaska.
>>
For all of the meme dialogue season 2 of True Detective had two of the most genuinely meaningful lines of dialogue I've heard in years.

>Not even astronauts go to the moon anymore
and
>No country for white men.

Despite the flaws of the season it still tapped into something far more truthful than 99% of television just because of these lines alone. I well up just thinking about them.
>>
In Season 2 we realized it was Fukushima all along, who made the show good, and Pizza is a hack. Fukushima said he won't return to TD so TD is dead.
>>
>>63075609

Because he's extremely sensitive to criticism and it shows. A lot of people complained about season 1 having a lack of strok womyn and diversity so he shoehorned in gay guy and tuff chick.
>>
He's afraid of getting btfo again
>>
>>63076925
Not that guy but Inland Empire is literally the best film ever made.

I wouldn't go that far with True Detective season 2 but even in it's failures it's still far more interesting television than anything else this year. I applaud the willingness to alienate much more than safe "quality" like a Fargo, The Knick or a Better Call Saul.
>>
Pizzalatte was running short on ideas and out of literary source material to plagiarize. Fukunaga knew this.
>>
Pizza went on a crazy egomaniac rampage and thought he could write a masterpiece killer script and make it a success just like "all those faggots who liked that first shit I did", but what he eventually shat out was the unstructured and godless mistake and unholy abortion that was True Detective Season Two. He has since gotten thoroughly BTFO by everyone in the film and television industry and is currently on suicide watch in a mental asylum pending further review.
>>
>>63077016
I'm more than ok with "alienating the audience" if you have something personal or thematic to express with the work. I don't think TD2 had either of those things. Its just bland, top to bottom
>>
S2 just felt like a shitty L.A. Confidential to me.

What setting/genre should S3 try to mimic?
>>
File: D&D dumb & dumber.jpg (48 KB, 600x466) Image search: [Google]
D&D dumb & dumber.jpg
48 KB, 600x466
>>63076403
> A decent writing team

AKA; no-name hacks who will eagerly suck network executives cocks and write a lame predictable story based on marketing demographics data.
>>
>He’s not curious that Pizzolatto supposedly based a character on him this season?

>“No. Not really,” he said. “And me not watching it is not a statement. I haven’t had the time.”

>But he did have time to check out the newest original comedy series on Netflix.

>“The only think I’ve binged is Aziz Ansari’s ‘Master of None,'” he said. “It’s great.”
>>
>>63077098
>What setting/genre should S3 try to mimic?
S1 = Southern American Gothic
S2 = California / Warm / City
S3 = Alaska / Snow / like Fargo (the movie)
>>
>>63076618
This, there is too much gritty/innercity dramas on TV.
>>
>>63076032
Eating something isn't the same as watching a piece of fiction, retard.
>>
>>63077122
Pizza BTFO
>>
>>63076084
Nihil sub sole novum, nigga. Pizzolatto did an amazing job with the material, even if it's unoriginal.

>>63076499
I have to rebuild myself every morning. 'What’s happening? Where am I?’ I’ve got to locate myself in time. I wake up raw and have to put myself together and focus and be like: ‘All right, Pizzolatto, where are you at today? Are you ready to go? Are you ready to do the things you need to do?’
>>
>>63075744

What is this shit about ripping off?

The yellow king shit?
>>
>>63077191
>Nihil sub sole novum
Go back to Reddit pls
>>
>>63076032
It's not the same thing.

I hope this helps with your posting!
>>
>>63077098
Since Nic has touched on it a few times, the Texas, Mexican border about cartels, militias, etc.

I would like a better story about corruption, from bottom to top, in a place like Indonesia or Brazil
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 684x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 684x513
a chinaman walks into the eye doctor
chinaman says he can't see well
the doctor takes a look and says
"i see the problem, you have a cataract"
chinaman says, "no i drive a rincoln"

Holding on too long is just a fear of what's to show because not everything that goes around comes back around, you know. One thing that is clear. It's all down hill from here.

Three blind mice. See how they run, Ray? They all ran after the farmer's wife, who cut off their fucking tails with a carving knife. Did you ever see such a sight in your life, Ray? I'm the farmer's wife btw.
>>
>>63077168
>>63077217
not that guy, but damn... weak comebacks
>>
>>63077279
Wasn't really a comeback. Just pointing out that he was wrong.
>>
>>63077214
Thomas Ligotti. The Conspiracy against the Human Race, specifically. The Yellow King shit is almost too obvious to qualify as a rip off.
>>
>>63077214
All the philosophy in season one is pulled straight from Schopenhauer, Cioran, and Ligotti (the last of which is actually quoted verbatim in the original script), and the very last scene is Alan Moore's. It's not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. It's just not something you usually see in television.

>>63077216
I've been here all summer m8
>>
>>63076711
Season 1 worked because
>he plagiarized old books, like literally word by word
>the lead actors had chemistry
>interesting story overall

Season 2 didn't work because
>he wrote by himself
>mediocre actors
>non sense relationships
>forced shocking scenes
>boring story overall
>>
>Season 2

>completely pointless gay cop character with his gay drama and baby mama

>apparently every single character everyone stumbles onto is "in on it" or knows someone who's in on it

>everyone is a certified loser

>Velcoro literally lives in a house built in a parking lot of a police station

>McAdams doesn't even do a nude scene

The only thing that was passable about the entire thing is the last episode which was on point, the rest is like a neonoir parody, the only thing it was lacking is emilio estevez randomly walking into the shot and winking at the camera while one of the main characters drones on about how their life is shit.

Oh yeah, that dream sequence was pretty good too.

I wonder what a Refn-directed season of TD would be like.
>>
File: 356363456.jpg (20 KB, 634x378) Image search: [Google]
356363456.jpg
20 KB, 634x378
>They say don't count your chickens before they hatch. Well, you know what Ray? I'm eating scrambled fuckin eggs.
>>
>>63077387
You forgot to add Fukushima to Season 1 list
>>
>>63077377
>Thomas Ligotti. The Conspiracy against the Human Race, specifically.

But that's part of 1995 Rust. Fucking Marty calls him out on this "Rust when you talk like that you sound kind of panicked." Rust is the fucking kid at the back of the class who thinks he's got everything figured out because he read some fucking books. That's the point mother fucker yes I'm mad. 2012 Rust is him fully embodying those beliefs and he doesn't need to quote books to do it aside from maybe the M-Theory shit.
>>
>>63077399
>Refn

Damn that got me thinking. So much potential. I think True Detective's format has great potential for some good period pieces.
>>
Let's be honest. True Detective season 1 sucked pretty badly too once it left the 90s.
>>
>>63077454
I'm not defending the guy's perspective, I'm just pointing out that it was lifted pretty blatantly. That's usually considered plagiarism (or homage if you get caught)
>>
File: 1443547541624.jpg (15 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1443547541624.jpg
15 KB, 500x333
>>63077474
>pleblords actually believe this
I bet you were disappointed you didn't get le epic Cthulu cosmic horror ending too, huh?
>>
>>63077519
No, no, we were all super pleased that it turned out to be the fat fucking lawnmower man. I did think that Carcosa was well designed, though.
>>
>>63076227
>>63076260
>>63076393
>the only choices are southern gothic with nice cinematography or yet another bland LA shit
>>
just watch sicario and pretend it's season 3
>>
>>63077516
>That's usually considered plagiarism

In the True Detective universe, Rust read Ligoti and was convinced by it and memorised some passages. Pizza isn't claiming that philosophy as his own work, it's a completely dynamic and utterly different context for that excerpt to live in.
>>
>>63077519
I liked how Rust was suddenly a master cat burglar and when the man on the boat did that cartooon scream.
>>
>>63077598
>We'll never get a Silent Hill inspired West Virginia coal mine town horror-noir TV show.
Life is suffering.
>>
>>63075609
because HBO wants to relegate him to producer or some other marginal status for consulting. good riddance too, fuck that hack.
>>
>>63077622
Okay. Well in the real life universe, that shit is plagiarism and it means you're a bad writer
>>
>>63077775
There's nothing wrong with quoting other works.
>>
>>63077891
You're absolutely right, but quoting something implies that credit is given to the author being quoted. If you do not give credit, then it isn't a quote, it's stealing.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 858x457) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 858x457
You ever crash a wedding, Ray? You know that song they play, Twist and Shout? Well life's sort of like a wedding, Ray, only the song is Fuck and Die.

You know the old saying "you reap what you sow?" Well, Ray, everything has been sown and I'm the reaper.

You ever heard the saying, "All the world is mad save for me and thee, and sometimes I wonder about thee?" Well my wondering days are over Ray and the world is about to get a little bit madder.

You know the old saying about how golf is a nice walk ruined? Well. I'm ready to tee off Ray and ruin some nice walks.

You ever heard the saying if you build it, they will come? Well it's built Ray, and I'm ready to come.

I've never seen an episode but I understand this meme because I can picture Vince saying stupid shit. Well I'm the meme Ray, I'm the meme.
>>
>>63077949
But weren't there shots of the books in Rust's apartment? It was also implied that he read a lot of books.
>>
>>63078001
A quick Google search gave me this: http://rustcohle.com/rust-cohles-books/

He read a lot of books, but the books Pizza is accused of lifting from are not among them.
>>
>>63078001
>>63078062
And this:
http://lovecraftzine.com/2014/08/04/did-the-writer-of-true-detective-plagiarize-thomas-ligotti-and-others/
>>
>>63077961

These ones are really weak, anon.
>>
>>63078111
Well shit now I want to read Conspiracy against the human race.
>>
>>63078217
It's a pretty good book. Miserable to the point of being funny.
>>
>>63076190
>That's the beauty of Vinceposting.

Jesus, I laughed so hard at this. It's so true.
>>
>>63076410
Kekle Brothers
>>
>>63076499
>I never lost my cool Ray, not even when my fucking fridge was stolen.
This is classic.
>>
>>63076774
>Never do anything out of hunger, not even eating
I can't believe that was actually a line in the show.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 620x374
You ever hear "take a penny leave a penny" Ray? Well guess what, I'm taking both pennies and I'm leaving nothing, they're my god damn pennies

You eve heard the saying "Good fences make good neighbors"? Well the fence is gone Ray and you're about to see a really bad neighbor.

You ever hear the saying "When it rains, it pours"? Well better get your umbrella out Ray, because it's about to rain.

You ever heard the old saying "Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free?" Well I sold the cow Ray, and nothing is free anymore.

He told me he heard it straight from the horse's mouth.
I said fuck you I hate horses.

Have you ever heard the saying the early bird gets the worm, Ray? Well I'm the worm, and I'm sleeping in today.
*Frank proceeds to shut the door and go back to bed*

You know that saying, ''Sweating like a whore in church,'' Ray? Well, I'm the whore, and unless I get some deodorant, Ray, things are gonna get real fuckin' nasty.

You ever hear the saying 'Curiosity killed the cat?' Well I'm Curiosity and I kill pussies.
>>
He should "take inspiration" from Fargo s2 and do a season about Rust's crime fighting father.
>>
File: 1448073404351.jpg (57 KB, 600x574) Image search: [Google]
1448073404351.jpg
57 KB, 600x574
>>63076499
>>
I was driving down to Cutoff, Louisiana to see family today and I swear I saw the tree they found the body at in the first season.

>>63076420
>>63076349
Pizza was already writing the first season as a novel for years prior to adapting for tv with Fukunaga's help. It was essentially a story about his frustrations growing up in Southern Louisiana with the hypocritical nature of people down here. He's a novelist by trade, but if he worked with a good director with a mind for screenwriting again I think he could produce another great season given some time. Pizza has legitimately good ideas but lacks a way to translate that to the screen. Knowing that, S2 came out ok.
>>
>>63076711
Legitimately please go
>>
>>63075609
because season 2 is dogshit and he knows it.
>>
>Alaska
>Idris Elba is a fed sent over to investigate claims of crooked cops involved in smuggling
>Sam Rockwell is local cop who is assigned to help him
>>
File: 1429045857099.jpg (79 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1429045857099.jpg
79 KB, 300x250
>>63076499

TOPKEK
>>
>>63079207
forgot to add

>it's the winter so almost always dark
>>
>>63079207
>>63079227
I like it, would the transition of light to dark or dark to light season be too hamfisted?
>>
>>63079250
depends. Season 1 did long time skips really well. I wonder if you could play the light vs dark motif and tie it into the overall plot.
>>
>>63076410
"Now now Barr-eh, times a flat ser-cull ya see"
>>
>>63079269
Well the first thing I'm thinking about would be it would be dark until there began to be light shone on the dirty cops. If they just change the atmosphere without saying it maybe. Idk, I'm not a screenwriter so I don't know exactly how to tackle that sort of thing well.
>>
File: 6048092-large.jpg (57 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
6048092-large.jpg
57 KB, 618x416
>>63076410
>>63076410
>>
>>63077519
green ears = paint was so much better amirite? fucking pulitzer material right there.
>>
How to fix season 2.

1. Rachael mcadams is going to have to go full frontal nudity for atleast 1 scene.
2. maybe eliminate war god all together. he serves no purpose in the story and creates too many subplots that are pointless. (or just drop the whole gay story arc and reduce his scenes by 1/2)
3. You have to reverse one of their deaths, either ray or vince. The master or the dog must survive.
>>
>>63079493
what's the point of full frontal anymore, chicks just wear those merkins now. It's not even nudity
>>
>>63079516

she wants a hard time really being able to cuff it ya know?
>>
>>63075653
You mean he is running out of sauce.
>>
Guy responsible for season 2 sucking uncertain if he wants to make another season

...so replace him?
>>
>>63076774
caspere knew this
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.