[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they make 12 hours of nothing happening and get away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4
File: ClickHandler.jpg (11 KB, 655x368) Image search: [Google]
ClickHandler.jpg
11 KB, 655x368
How did they make 12 hours of nothing happening and get away with it?

Kept waiting for something to happen but no, makes Daredevil look like a 10/10
>>
Luke Cage happened and that's enough for me
>>
File: BB-explore-S4-980x551-clean.jpg (178 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
BB-explore-S4-980x551-clean.jpg
178 KB, 980x551
>>63071529
It's not like 12 hours of nothing happening is anything new in television.
>>
JESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSICAAAA
>>
>>63071529

OP again.

I mean they have a fucking hour for each episode and they don't do anything with it. what the hell. The same thing happenes every episode.

>she wakes up or is drunk
>has to deal with some shit thats happening in said episode
>spinkle some kilgrave rapeman in there
>some sex
>end the episode empty and boring making the viewer not want to continue
>>
I have no attention span: the post.
>>
>>63071658

It's about the characters, not the plot.
>>
>>63071529
>show is on netflix
>no option to play it at x1.5 speed
>>
>>63071658
Honestly this sounds great for the second season.

Just introduce some more wacky degenerate characters and lessen the main character's brooding PTSD and it should be pretty enjoyable. The lead's obsession and chase with kilgrave is just kind of exhausting

>she wakes up or is drunk
>has to deal with some shit thats happening in said episode
>spinkle some silly throwaway comic book villain in there
>some sex
>end the episode empty and boring making the viewer not want to continue

I feel like the PI angle is more interesting for a show than the Lawyer one, since they show pretty much Zero lawyering in DD.
>>
>>63071712

the characters are flat have no soul, even tennant is under used.
>>
>>63071529
>>63071584
>>63071658
>>63071954
A somewhat high density of incorrect opinions ITT
>>
>>63071529
I'm on episode 10 as we speak.

This turned into pure garbage a couple of episodes ago.

I'm only watching because time committed and curiosity.

The subject matter is incredibly interesting, but holy shit this is made so poorly.

I get that Jessica is supposed to be kinda shitty, but they made her absolutely unlikable and unrelatable.

Dr Who is the only redeemable part of the show.

The writing and/or directing is god awful.
>>
there were times when i actually liked jessica jones better than daredevil.
but it did get a little slow down the middle. at least when daredevil had its slow patch, it could fall back on daredevil beating the shit outta people and doing cool action shit.
ah well, love em both. so excited for luke cage and etc!
>>
>>63071599
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW JESSICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>63073289
Also Luke Cage was underwhelming.

That's really the simplest and best word for it.
>>
Why does purple man hang out in the shittiest city ever, he could have literally anything he wants.
>>
>>63071529
It's obvious to me that you have no cinematic training.
>>
>>63071529
>>>/pol/
>>
>that fucking scene where night nurse and malcolm mulatto are talking about being a sidekick to the real heroes

I honestly expect them to look at the camera and grin
>>
>>63073345
he has already travelled around the world and gotten everything he wanted. now he wants jessica.
>>
Pretty gripping program to be earnest blood relative
>>
The creator of this show wrote all the Twilight movies and some of Dexter.

I understand now.
>>
>>63071529
>nothing happening

This is the most plebby complaint ever. I'm not saying the show is great, but complaining that it's not nonstop action 24/7 with nothing else isn't a complaint.
>>
>>63073362
That scene was fine, it was setting up a crossover between Daredevil, JJ and Cage.
>>
>>63074021
D R O P P E D
>>
People keep saying tennant was the best thing about it, but I think it's just by comparison.
His performance was kind of shitty and could have easily been better in so many places.
>>
There were a couple episodes where it seemed like it was gonna be good. When Kilgrave appeared, and the episode when they played out. From his imprisonment on it went to shit.

Kilgrave's portrayal was great, Luke was cool, Patsy was cool, Jeri was sexy. That's about it. Abysmal writing, awful action.

Daredevil is worlds ahead.

It should have been an original series, as it had little to do to with the Marvel universe. Where Daredevil was teeming with love and reverence, world building, etc, JJ seemed like it was written by someone without any knowledge or care about the comics or even a bit of fan service. Give Luke a yellow T, hint that Patsy's thinking of crimefighting herself, show some Daredevil, something...
>>
>>63074860

i think he was betrayed by subpar material. When he had good stuff, and actors, to work with, he excelled. When the writing was cliched, or when he was whining and jobbing it was tough.
>>
>>63071529
>makes Daredevil look like a 10/10
It can't be that bad.
>>
>>63074887
>when they played out

When they played house I meant to say.

Also at least Daredevil had a variety of plot lines and a number of foes. This was "Kilgrave," "Kilgrave," "Kilgrave."
>>
>>63074887
>It should have been an original series, as it had little to do to with the Marvel universe. Where Daredevil was teeming with love and reverence, world building, etc, JJ seemed like it was written by someone without any knowledge or care about the comics or even a bit of fan service. Give Luke a yellow T, hint that Patsy's thinking of crimefighting herself, show some Daredevil, something...

>Spoonfeed me

>muh comics

grow up
>>
>>63074915
No it was definitely his performance. The character was meant to be in love for fuck's sake.
Every rejection scene should have given us beta feels but they fell flat.
>>
>>63075035
>Every rejection scene should have given us beta feels but they fell flat.

I actually felt that acutely in the middle but it wore off as that same dynamic kept being retread
>>
Instead of Jessica Jones, Marvel should have just made Wonderella: The Series
>>
Ok, so, i just watched the first episode of this while spending thanksgiving with my family (parents and brother).

I was kind of sick so i ended up sleeping through most of it... But i woke up at one part and she was just getting fucked hard as shit by this giant fucking black dude. Like holy shit, i though you guys were exaggerating. My dad goes "well this is nice to have on our screens..." and walks to make a drink. Awkward as fuck.

What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>63075035
>>63075082
If you are feeling empathy for Purple Man, something is seriously fucking wrong with you. Betas need to stay in their jizz encrusted corners.
>>
When will JJ and DD being good shows meme end?
>>
>>63075342

If you didnt feel empathy for him you're either autistic or 2cool4school. He was made, even by the feminist writers, to be at least partially empathetic.
>>
>>63075336

What did you expect from a female jew creator of the show? Who also made the twighlight series.

muh stronk female lead, that loves BBC
>>
>>63071529
quit shilling that garbage, you fucking retard
>>
13 episodes of Jessica failing pathetically and drunkely to stop Kilgrave, finally coming to her senses in the last 10 min. Not worth it imo
>>
just watcched episode 10, 1,000 cuts........ that fight series was great, it hurt just watching it, i have felt like that in a fight seen for a looooooooong time
>>
>>63075336
>Ok, so, i just watched the first episode of this while spending thanksgiving with my family (parents and brother).

Nobody but yourself to blame.
>>
File: daredevil-kiss.png (1 MB, 1392x777) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-kiss.png
1 MB, 1392x777
>Jessica's love interest is a black man
>Daredevil's love interest is a black woman
I like what netflix is doing.
>>
marvel run by jews, disney run by jews, what did you expect?
>>
When does she turn into she-hulk
>>
>>63076445
I thought they broke up plus she bailed, isn't his primary love interest that blond chick?

is Dawson back in season 2?
>>
>>63076445
I don't.
>>
>>63073289
>but they made her absolutely unlikable and unrelatable.
What? I bet you love Hancock and he's a worse bitch than Jessica.
>>
>>63077213
>blonde chick
who? It's probably going to be electra didn't they plan her in season 2?
>>
>>63075566
The comics, which has Luke fucking Jessica anally, was written by a man.
>>
File: doc.jpg (294 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
doc.jpg
294 KB, 2197x1463
>>63071529
>makes Daredevil look like a 10/10
Daredevil was pretty fucking awesome though, whereas Jessica Jones is high octane shit any time the Doctor or Spartan Locke isn't on the screen.
>>
Literally reddit the tv show
>>
>>63077213
They did but she's back in season 2 as a regular, looks to me like they realized that the pairing is pretty popular and now they regret the break up. Blond chick can fuck the fat guy.
>>
>>63076518
Wrong one
>>
>she is supposed to be in her 30's
>she is edgy as fuck like a teenager
She is very annoying and a butterface. I wish the show would focus more on the other characters.
>>
>>63078436
O. I was going to start watching when I heard she finally decided to take the bar
>>
>>63075336
>>63075566
Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are a couple in the comics, guys.
>>
It does make daredevil look pretty good. Then again women suck at protagonists.
>>
>>63071658

>character wakes up
>has to deal with what's happening
>the big bad makes an appearance
>some sex
>end the episode

You just described every TV show. Congratulations, you're able to reduce something to the absolute minimum and make that seem boring.

Your one flaw was that you said, "Nothing happens," and then one of your points in your list was essentially "Something happens." By saying the main character has to "deal with some shit that's happening" you're saying something is happening. But yeah, when you reduce an entire plot to "It starts, stuff happens, it ends," you're not really saying anything at all except describing high level story structure.
>>
>>63074887

The lack of cringeworthy, camera-winking fanservice was a positive point for me. I really hate when they cram fanservice in an adaptation like this, it's distracting. I prefer a show or movie to be itself and not tie itself down to fanservice for the comic book nerds.
>>
>>63077309
>The comics, which has Luke fucking Jessica anally, was written by a Jew.
ftfy
>>
>>63071529
my problem is the increasingly stupid ways purple man gets away. They write him into situations where he is caught, something retarded happens, and then he's gone.

The worst one is everyone running into jessica's house for no reason and knocking her out with a wooden plank.

Made the show a chore at times.
>>
>goblin claws
strike 1
>interracial pandering
strike 2
>all white male characters are either chauvinist pigs, evil, or completely socially inept and clueless
>all non-white characters are intelligent, cool, hip, morally better than everyone else, especially white characters
strike 3
but let's continue
>glorification of marijuana
strike 4
>homosexual characters for literally no reason
strike 5
>rampant feminism
strike 6
>RAPE RAPE YOU RAPED ME OMG RAPE
strike 7

this is not even addressing the poor writing and logic of character motivations

>show created is named melissa rosenberg
>rosenberg

need I say more? I could but that would be redundant
>>
The fight scenes were piss awful.

>Jessica literally getting BTFO by the redhead sister

Jesus Christ
>>
>>63080079

>>goblin claws
What does this mean?

>>glorification of marijuana
At what point? The only character known to smoke pot in the show only appeared briefly in one episode, was described as a "pothead," and was generally shown to be a shitty person doing the wrong things to escape his problems that he caused himself. Or maybe you think that mentioning marijuana's very existence is glorifying it?

>>RAPE RAPE YOU RAPED ME OMG RAPE
This happened exactly once when she was talking to an autistic sociopath incapable of recognizing that forcing someone to "want" something through mind control is not the same as them actually wanting it. She was just trying to drive the point home to him because there was no other way to make him understand why she would never be able to love him. He was genuinely mentally ill and incapable of comprehending her point of view so she snapped.
>>
>>63080079
>muh straight-edge

Weed is great, are you part of Quentin's Diamond Dogs? Did he actually get to people? Or are you a contrarian neo-'conservative'?

Fucking teens.
>>
>>63080305
>Weed is great,
spoken like a true c.u.c.k.
>>
>>63071529
I like both series alot. What made Daredevil and Jessica Jones good was that WHEDON DIDNT TOUCH THEM.

If whedon has a hand in defenders..insta-dropped. His shows are nothing but shitty banter.
>>
>>63071529

Because it's a Netflix show. That's there whole philosophy. Make it just watchable enough and watch the drooling morons gorge themselves senseless on episode after episode
>>
Only thing I'm not liking about Jessica Jones is that, while Daredevil had excellent fight scenes to break up any scenes that got a little boring, JJ has none of that.

Like I get that her and Luke Cage are super strong and just fighting regular people, but their entire fighting style was "pick up a person or thing and throw it, then do a tough guy pose" and it got old real fast
>>
I didn't realize people disliked Daredevil and don't understand why people dislike Jessica Jones. I thought they were both really good.
>>
>>63080358
Am I being trolled? Do teens really consider weed shit? Fuck, I am way out of the times, son. I though 21 Jump Street was a comedy, not real life.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.