[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fargo Season 3 speculation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (308 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308 KB, 1200x675
With season 3 being greenlit by FX, I'm curious what other anons think it might be about. Will it include the Solversons? Will they continue going back in time each season until the Stone Age?
>>
Wild Wild West
>>
Making a television adaptation of Fargo was a dumb idea.

Making a prequel to a television adaptation of Fargo was a dumb idea.

Eventually the inherent redundancy and stupidity of this entire venture is going to catch up with them. I predict that will be season 3.
>>
>>63061818
It wasn't a television adaptation, just a spin-off.
>>
>>63061818
>he doesn't watch Fargo
>>
>>63061766
In last episode, there was that copper who was talking about heads rolling and tommy guns.
>>
>>63061853
Either way it was still a pointless exercise. Making television spin offs of great movies is artistically depraved. The fact that the show turned out pretty good doesn't change that fact. Fargo stood on its own, it didn't need an extended universe. Now it's got one, and it's decent by television standards but still nowhere near good enough to actually seem legitimate when you put it next to the real Coens work.

It's well made fan fiction. I doubt they can get away with it for much longer. The very idea has so much stacked against it.
>>
File: bootleggers.jpg (39 KB, 512x258) Image search: [Google]
bootleggers.jpg
39 KB, 512x258
There have been mentions of The Kennedys, as well as references to prohibition

I think they'll run with one of those, either the early 60s or the early 30s
>>
>>63061882
That was my thought when I heard that. The problem is that they can't keep going back 25+ years every season, for both budget and narrative reasons.
>>
>>63061960
Incorrect.
>>
>>63061960
>meanwhile everyone agrees its the best show on television right now

>B-BUT THERE IS S-SO MUCH S-S-STACKED AGAINST IT!!
>>
>>63061960
Your issue is that you keep associating the tv series too much with the movie without allowing the tv series to have its own ground and identity to stand on. The movie and tv show are only linked by the suitcase in the film and the fact that each is named 'Fargo'. Stop being so autistic about canon, which in the grand scheme of things doesn't really matter, and learn to enjoy the show for what it is.
>>
>>63061960
You coen fuckboys are the worst.
>>
Maybe anon can help me here. Cop's wife walks into a room filled with hieroglyphics. What the fuck was that?
>>
>>63061960
How is it any different from adapting a comic book or novel? Your opinion is shit, and you are shit.
>>
>>63062038
It's the best show on television and yet still totally perfunctory in terms of the source material. The show is a huge artistic mistake made with the utmost of care.
>>
>>63062111
Expand your plebeian mind for once, kiddo.
>>
File: fargo.jpg (111 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fargo.jpg
111 KB, 1920x1080
>>63062012
Fargo (1995) - Takes place in 1987
Fargo (2013) - Takes place in 2006
Fargo (2014) - Takes place in 1979

I think we can all agree they wont set Fargo in the modern era (at least not yet), and I can't imagine they'd be dumb enough to have it take place in the future. Putting it too close to one of the years the film or other seasons took place would be redundant.

So the next one will have to take place in the mid 90s or the early 60s, maybe even earlier assuming they stick to the current trend
>>
>>63062130
Save yourself the trouble and stop taking the bait, he only wants to stir up shit because he thinks that is the /tv/ thing to do even though hes clearly from reddit
>>
>>63062052
>and learn to enjoy the show for what it is.
Except I do watch and I enjoyed the show every week, but at the same time I have the perspective to know that it could be completely erased from history and every single person directly involved in the production of the show could all be executed and literally nothing of value would be lost;.

>Your issue is that you keep associating the tv series too much with the movie without allowing the tv series to have its own ground and identity to stand on. The movie and tv show are only linked by the suitcase in the film and the fact that each is named 'Fargo
The one easy solution to this problem would be for them to have just made a show that didn't piggy back on the movie. Change the title, get rid of the pointless connection to the movie and stop doing all the cringeworthy overt Coen movie references. The cast and crew seem talented enough that it would still be quality show and they would avoid the artistic dishonesty of trading on the name of a masterpiece.
>>
>>63062093
>How is it any different from adapting a comic book or novel?
You act as if that isn't already grossly offensive. Especially with comic books, jesus christ.
>>
>>63062214
>waaaahhhh its not the same waaaaaaahhhhhh pls stop raping my belovd coen bros waaaahhh

could you please just go back to reddit already
>>
>>63061818
I like it
>>
>>63062214
Why is it so horrible to want to see/learn more about a movie universe? This isn't some Star Wars midiclorian-gray Jedi bullshit. The Coens are involved.
>>
>>63062290
It's not that it isn't the same as the movie. It's that it shouldn't have been made in the first place. The movie said everything it needed to say. This is a good show but ultimately just a less talented artist standing on the shoulders of giants.

Artistically inessential albiet high quality.
>>
>>63062363
>>63062296
STOP TAKING THE BAIT

CAN'T YOU SEE YOU'VE ALREADY LET HIM RUIN THE THREAD WITH HIS REDDIT-TIER OPINIONS AND STRAWMAN ARGUMENTS?

FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>63061766
I'm hoping for a Malvo or Milligan origin story, maybe in the 60's. Might be cool if they crossed paths somehow.

Also, I agree with some of the other anon's about it not being very feasible to go back past the 50's. The cost of the cars alone would kill the budget for any good actors to be involved.
>>
>>63062385
Let's get back on track then. Do you think there will be a Solverson?
>>
>>63062461
No thanks, season 2 only works because Lou was only a minor character in 1. Malvo and Milligan have had all the screentime they need. Adding more would just ruin their characters desu.
>>
>>63062363
The very idea of the movie "universe" is comic book "cinema as toy line" franchise minded bullshit. Fargo was a perfectly told story that didn't need any further elaboration. It didn't fucking matter what happened to the suitcase after the events of the movie. Putting it in the show is just an empty "I RECOGNIZE THAT FROM THE MOVIE I WATCHED" moment. Also isn't the Fargo "universe" just fucking small town Minnesota? You can make a show in that setting without having to go through the Coen brothers. They could have pretty much made this exact show in fact. The connection to the movie only serves as brand recognition and as a shortcut to percieved legitimacy. It would be like if the Sopranos had been set in the goodfellas universe.

Again I like the show, but I can't condone the practise of using the name of a great movie just to sell your show.
>>
and the thread has been officially derailed. thanks reddit
>>
>>63061766
>Will they continue going back in time each season until the Stone Age?

Nah... that'd mean you'd have to tell everyone everything twice.
>>
>>63062634
Seems like discussing the flaws and merits of Fargo in a Fargo thread is on topic discussion to me.

Also surely the more reddit attitude is to get upset when people are critical of the show rather than just facilitating your "hype" hugbox.
>>
>>63062719
It's a fargo season 3 speculation thread. If you want to start Internet arguments, make another thread, faggot.

Also, happy thanksgiving!
>>
>>63062719
Last I checked this thread was about discussing the possibilities of Season 3

Instead of that you just keep spewing your stupid pretentious bullshit about why you hate everything people enjoy

The only one discussing "flaws" is you
>>
>“I like the idea that somewhere out there is a big, leather-bound book that’s the history of true crime in the Midwest, and the movie was Chapter 4, Season 1 was Chapter 9 and this is Chapter 2,” he says. “You can turn the pages of this book, and you just find this collection of stories. … But I like the idea that these things are connected somehow, whether it’s linearly or literally or thematically. That’s what we play around with.”

>Finally, Hawley says that “there are a lot of clues left” in the first season as to how the events in Sioux Falls unfolded, “and we will do our best to hit those in unexpected ways.” He also mentioned other touchstones in the Coen brothers canon that might figure into Season 2.

>“I would say if the three movies that influenced Season 1 were ‘Fargo,’ ‘No Country for Old Men’ and ‘A Serious Man,’ this year we are in ‘Fargo,’ ‘Miller’s Crossing’ and ‘The Man Who Wasn’t There,'” Hawley says. “So let the Internet speculation begin.”

I think we'll get something from chapter 5-8

>Chapter 1: Rise of Otto? (Post WW2)
>Chapter 2: Sioux Falls massacre (1979)
>Chapter 3: ?
>Chapter 4: Movie (1987)
>Chapter 5: ?
>Chapter 6: ?
>Chapter 7: ?
>Chapter 8: ?
>Chapter 9: Malvo/Nygaard murders (2006)
>Chapter 10?
>Chapter 11?
>Chapter 12?
>>
>>63062461
All seasons are self contained.
>>
>>63063022
someone's gotta find the million dollars oliver plath buried in the last chapter
>>
File: lm.gif (878 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
lm.gif
878 KB, 245x245
Reminder that Lorne Malvo literally is The Devil

>"Father of Lies" - can lie about anything, and takes delight in disguising himself as a priest (father)
>not intimidated by anyone, but walks away from Gus' apartment protected by the Jewish Fella, who calls him a demon in Hebrew
>takes pleasure in mocking murdered saints
>doesn't really "feel" like he's really dead when he dies
>propagates the heretical theory of evolution
>>
>>63062853
I'd say that the announcement of a new season is an appropriate time to discuss the wider validity of making a Fargo TV show in general. They've covered before and after the movie so where to go from there? Does the Fargo timeline really need some metal gear solid level exploration? You'd think as time goes on they'd want to move away from the source material as much as possible, especially with the trajectory of season 2 being far less derivative of the film. This makes it seem unlikely that they'll go to closer to the movie chronologically when presumably Marge is still around h but who knows.
>>63062987
>The only one discussing "flaws" is you
Which is why I'm the only non-reddit sensibilitiues poster in this thread.
>>
>>63062987
The fact that you enjoy something isn't enough to justify its existence.
>>
File: 1442729680853.jpg (14 KB, 466x359) Image search: [Google]
1442729680853.jpg
14 KB, 466x359
>>63063114
>>
>>63063109
I think the mystical elements might evolve throughout the series. Someone mentioned in S2 that people came back fucked up from the war and how it changed people.
There isn't any super evil characters in S2, but with every season I think people will become more twisted because of the evil that is perpetrated around Fargo, corrupting the Mid West.
So chapters 10-12 will feature guys even worse than him. S2 guys are only mildly corrupted. Both Lester and Malvo are irredeemable.
Sorta like cosmic horror and evil begetting evil.
>>
>>63063279
>Fargo is Twin Peaks.
>>
Can someone clear this up, I'm not sure if I misheard the dialogue or what but:

When Bear takes Simone out to the woods, it sounds like he's putting the blame of his son's imprisonment on her, and she nervously says she had nothing to do with it.

I don't remember her playing any role in that, so why was she acting so nervous as if she were trying to hide something?
>>
>>63063429
Bear's too pussy to confront Dodd, so he kills Simone instead
>>
>>63062369
>Artistically inessential albiet high quality.
Empirical evidence shows that you however are incorrect.
That's how you sound right now
>>
File: billy-bob-thornton-fargo-FX.jpg (123 KB, 615x346) Image search: [Google]
billy-bob-thornton-fargo-FX.jpg
123 KB, 615x346
>>63063428
>It's a Cooper meets Lorne Malvo in the black lodge episode
>>
>>63063499

Yeah I got that, but the way Simone acted it seemed as if she were trying to hide something about her involvement with his son. But she didn't, maybe it was just the acting...
>>
>>63064049
I'd imagine its the stress of being a bratty bitch who's been called out while looking down the barrel of a gun, panic attack type deal.
So what're the hieroglyphics guys?
>>
I enjoyed this show much more than Meme Detective to be honest.
>>
>>63064511
For me it's
TD S1>Fargo S2>Fargo s1>TD S2

True detective edges it because of Marty and rust
>>
>>63064556
Marty is a good character, Rust is just unbearable.
>muh death created time
>muh circular universe
>muh comfy darkness
He was the epitome of cringe
>>
>>63064641
Idk, I thought his back story was well done and developed enough that it was justified. I personally enjoyed his soliloquys but I can understand how people could get annoyed by it. Plus, the characters were perfect foils for eachother.
>what do you think the average iq of the people here is
>>
No more guesses as to what next season might bring?
>>
I hope they finally make a season about Sue Falls, they hyped it up so much in S1
>>
>>63064874
Joe Bulo origin story
>>
>>63064907
Is this a troll
>>
pioneer-era would be cool, it's got Injuns and whatnot
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 500x583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 500x583
Whatever happened to Mr. Wrench?
>>
>>63065073
wasnt he arrested?
>>
They should do a season where they remix no country for old me slightly while sprinkling it from elements from other coen movies.
>>
>>63065226
Malvo set him free as a sign of respect for getting so close to killing him.
>>
>>63062182
I don't think they'll set it in the past. They filmed in Calgary and had copious set issues. They fired crew and eventually had to sell all the old props/auction off cars.
>>
>>63065253
Nah.
I'm fine if the show lightly steals but full blown remixing feels like a bj to the Coens' ego.

This season's been great because it's more of just someone's original take on story. No having to constantly give in to the Fargo theme like last season.
>>
>>63062461
Malvo can be cool. Milligan is pretty much fleshed out. No need for more of him.
>>
>>63065320
where did wrench and numbers come from?
were they part of the kansas mafia, or some other party?
>>
>>63063499
It's not that he's too pussy, it's that he s afraid of the Indian
>>
>>63065564
They were sent to kill whomever it was that killed Hess and his crew(Malvo did it) because Malvo didn't realise they were connected.
After he killed Numbers and let Wrench go he went and killed their entire HQ while FBI Agents Keene and Peele went and got lunch.
>>
I do hope finger up the butt is a recurring theme.

Aces
>>
Huge sigh of relief when I saw that it was renewed.
>>
season 3 will be on an alien planet. it's pretty obvious
>>
>>63064641
He was a drug addict nihilist schizophrenic who didn't believe in free will because drugs fucked with his perceptions in addition to the schizophrenia.
>>
>>63063594
shut up and take my money
>>
>>63065564
Mr. Numbers literally says he was sent from Fargo before he's killed

How would it be the Kansas City Mafia if he was sent from Fargo? If anything it would be the Fargo mafia?
>>
Season 3 will about a qt Japanese autist who likes to hunt for treasures. After she watches the movie she'll become convinced it's real and will travel to America to find the million dollars burried in the snow.
>>
>>63068788
Was that movie supposed to be any good?
>>
>>63068938
I dunno. I never finished it. The character she was just... too much, and it made me really depressed. Lots of great shots, though.
>>
File: Malvo .jpg (32 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
Malvo .jpg
32 KB, 540x304
Lorne Malvo just might be Satan himself. Almost all of the conflict in Fargooriginates with him. As a complete psychopath, he enjoys killing but his favorite thing to do is turn people against each other. He is unstoppable and is capable of killing dozens of armed people in seconds. Those who are familiar with his reputation are terrified of his presence.

Malvo doesn’t believe in rules. He just does whatever he feels like because he can. He isn’t fighting for anarchy. The Joker forces people (especially Batman) into no-win situations (ex: save Rachel or save Harvey) to show them humanity’s true nature. Malvo, in contrast, spreads evil and chaos by appealing to people’s animalistic motivations, making them realize it is what they wanted all along.

Malvo is played masterfully by Billy Bob Throton and is seriously one of the greatest villains ever portrayed.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.