[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
vague movie ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9
File: 35357.jpg (148 KB, 960x643) Image search: [Google]
35357.jpg
148 KB, 960x643
A musical about columbine massacre.
>>
I have some ideas that sound incredibly fucking cliche but I know I can make them good because I dreamed about them

now if someone can just give me a couple mil based on "I dreamed it" I'll be golden
>>
Wiretapper romances a chick based on what he cleans from her phone conversations.

It's a satire.
>>
>>63048872

A movie entirely composed of snippets derived from existing films, edited together to form a coherent plot.
>>
>>63048872
Cautionary tale where an abuse victim gets er abuser arrested, but then regrets it
>>
File: dan.png (458 KB, 2576x2504) Image search: [Google]
dan.png
458 KB, 2576x2504
crime-drama about young tv-starlet who's found dead, drugged and raped in the shitty part of Hollywood, with a note that reads "dick like a beer can"
>>
Mighty ducks, but with cricket
>>
Grim reapers have to save Satan from the nihilists and atheists.
>>
File: 1447435373370.gif (204 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
1447435373370.gif
204 KB, 400x480
Predator Vs Ghostbusters

Think about it
>>
amateur horror movie about a sun worshipping psychic cult innawoods disturbed by a curious outsider

short noir film about a loner who can't make friends featuring roadtrips (idk)
>>
>kid will die unless he gets a transplant
>several people in front of him in the waiting list
>his father tries to kill them or convince them to die so he can save him
>father slowly goes insane
>>
Death is bored, lets dead guy say goodbye to loved ones to kill time
>>
doctor working in antarctica gets ill and ends performing brain tumor extirpation on himself. the symptoms are random convulsions.
>>
>>63049036
Slight change: God/Satan buddy comedy where they have to kill the atheist leaders before the world forgets they exist and they disappear.

Starring Tom Sizemore as God and Colin Farrell as Satan.
>>
>>63048932
I want to watch this
>>
>>63048905
>if someone can just give me a couple mil based on "I dreamed it" I'll be golden
Literally Twilight.
>>
>>63049139
NowTHIS is something they oughta make
>>
>>63049204
FUCK I knew I shouldn't have posted this

I KNEW it was a golden idea. Now some faggot will steal it and make a meme indie movie about it and ruin my vision

COPYRIGHT COPYRIGHT DO NOT STEAL
>>
>>63049139

Seconding this
>>
situational comedy about a family of ancient rome.
>>
>>63049238
Jokes on you faggot I've already sold the script to Hollywood and it's already in pre-production!
Del Taco is set to direct and Brad Pitt is set to star
>>
>>63049238
Sounds like
John q
>>
Movie about car
>>
>>63049303

Oh ho, u dum american, me aready send idee to grand impeerio empera of China. Nao we maek muvee and get all the moneys! Hahahahahahahahaha, I bring honah to my famiry!
>>
>>63048907
>>63049139
>>63049164
would watch all these
>>
>>63049356
has potential
>>
Time travel is an Olympic sport
>>
>>63049164
Should mention about the casting: I imagine Satan as a smooth operator ladies man and God as an overworked schlub.

Movie ends with them shaking hands and being cool, having concluded that good cannot exist without evil and vice versa.
>>
File: ff20120323a1a[1].jpg (228 KB, 1367x932) Image search: [Google]
ff20120323a1a[1].jpg
228 KB, 1367x932
>>63049356

I like it.
>>
>>63048932

I was drunk the other night and I thought if you took some prominent actor and just take clips from a lot of their movie together just to form some weird movie, glad I'm not the only one to think of something like this.
>>
In a dystopian future where children's tears are the only remaining form of currency, an Unobtainium smuggler accidentally discovers a mysterious cult of a rat god, which he investigates. He was the rat god all along.
>>
>>63048872
Pseudo biography of Roman von Ungern-Sternberg, heavy on the eastern mysticism and with lots of artsy overly long landscape shots of the Asian steppe in the style of Lawrence of Arabia's desert shots.
>>
Used the Story Generator on TV Tropes. Let's see...

>Set in the "dark times" before humankind
>Plot involves a Succession Crisis
>There is no antagonist
>One character is a Stage Magician
>One character subscribes to a magazine about some specific, obscure subject

Hm.
>>
>>63049473
I always pictured Satan as Aiden Gillen
>>
>>63049594

Okay, now I got:

>Plot focused on an Election
>A character is getting married to a bad guy
>Hero is a badass nerd
>Villain is an evil genius
>Hero has an extremely competent sidekick
>>
>>63049617

>Dr. Christ? I'm LUCIFER
>>
>>63049529

I was thinking a more effective (perhaps necessary?) way to deal with it would be to only have two characters, one male and one female. Then you can reasonably follow the characters regardless of the actor playing them, and also sort of imply that it's the same story being told through many different lives, or something. The hardest part would be managing to avoid cliches, and at the same time preventing things from feeling too disjointed. It would take some editing wizardry to make something like that feel smooth.
>>
A movie about people
They talk
>>
Quirky romcom about a girl who listens to too much K-pop and a guy suffering from schizophrenic delusions convincing him he's the God Emperor of Mankind
>>
>>63049425
How would that even work?

Would the first person to majorly change the present by changing the past be the winner? Surely that'd just cause a different alternate reality/timeline where everything's different.

Or would be "first person to get hitler wins"?
>>
>1950s
>cop has to go undercover as a mental patient in an asylum in order to extract information from a patient
>target is in criminally insane ward so hard to get
>however cop is more and more affected by the loonies and has to keep it together until he gets close to the guy

yes I know it's basically Shutter Island but I fucking loved the setting and I want it back
>>
>>63049655

Now I tried the Pitch Generator, but the only thing coherent I got was "Deep Impact meets Passion of the Christ".

...Potential?
>>
>>63049685
>>
>>63048932
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wild_Blue_Yonder
>>
>>63049688
First person across the finish line wins. But getting to the finish line involves fucking with your opponent's timeline and protecting your own past from interference by opponents.
>>
>>63049737
Who said you could reply to my post, nigger?
>>
>>63049771
>>
>>63049685
I loved Waking Life and Tape
>>
>>63049754

I can see it now...

The opponent kills the heroe's father.

So the hero must impregnate his own mother to ensure his existence.
>>
After a socially awkward high school girl realizes she was Joan of Arc in a past life, she leads a "crusade" to "liberate" the betas and social outcasts of her school from the "tyranny" of the popular cliques.
>>
>>63049804
I can dig it if she's played by this girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCzDykng4g#t=10s
>>
>>63049298
that sounds literally like plebs
>>63049356
sounds cool
>>63049238
chris chan tier
>>63049139
directed by either Max Landis or Shyamalan
>>
Two soviet soldiers get abducted by aliens during a battle in the afghan-soviet war, one of them has a pet dove that gets brought along for the ride, and it infects and kills most of the aliens with bird flu. The soviets realise they've fucked up badly and attempt to go home, but end up back on earth in the modern day, only to discover that capitalism has taken over the world.
>>
>>63049982
that sounds like a bad comedy, also the bird flu thing is literally War of the Worlds
>>
A man calls home one day and he’s there, he answers. He’s talking to himself only it’s someone else.
He’s somehow divided into two and the second one of him drives away and the rest of the show is about him trying to find the guy.
>>
>>63050012
Yes it is like War of the Worlds

~Except in reverse~
>>
>>63050031
you a fan of Moon by any chance?
>>
Hitler goes back in time to stop Hitler, but ends up causing Hitler
>>
"Based on a true story" movie about those two girls who got too obsessed with Slenderman/Creepypasta and tried to kill their other friend.
>>
>>63050082

>Starring Jim Carrey
>>
>>63050082
Hitler goes back in time to prevent Hitler, but goes too far into the past and accidentally kills Gavrilo Princip, so he assumes his role and gets dragged into a plot to kill the Archduke Franz Ferdinand
>>
>>63048872
comedy movie about hitmen and the people that they talk to on their ear piece telling them when stuff is happening.
>>
>>63049036
would watch
>>
>>63049238
You can't copyright an idea, retard. Just a treatment of said idea.

That said, I'm already booting up Final Draft.
>>
>>63050121
the band?
>>
Child born without an ass overcomes their deformity to win the National Twerking Championship.
>>
>>63050379
ok you fucking got me
>>
File: stephan-hawking12.png (897 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
stephan-hawking12.png
897 KB, 540x720
>>63048872

movie based around an IED detection dog, and not the faggy brother of a dog handler who died in desertistan
>>
>>63048907
I've got something similar. An NSA employee reads the emails and text messages of a girl for whatever reason for his job and then falls in love with her and begins to stalk her
>>
>>63050478

so... the social network 2?
>>
>>63049721
20th century fox exec here. Thanks for the idea, sucker!
>>
Make it a jukebox musical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oLzX0RPquk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTU2Y0VFH0E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BtquTKw78
>>
Thriller about the Dei Gratia, first ship to encounter the abandoned Mary Celeste. But weird shit starts happening on the Dei Gratia too
>>
a ww2 film made only with 1940's newsreels to make a coherent plot set to beatles songs covered by contemporary artists
>>
File: 1430621966224-3.png (153 KB, 403x289) Image search: [Google]
1430621966224-3.png
153 KB, 403x289
>>63048872
Go for it. Good chances you'll get a grant from the N.E.A.
>>
>In The Aeroplane Over the Sea (June 2, 2016)
Directed by Meiyin Wang

A man travels through time to save Anne Frank from the Nazis.

>Sean Michael Smith as Jeff Magnum
>Christina Bachstein as Anne Frank
>>
A movie that centers around the life of a generic grunt working for the antagonist. It follows his love life and the challenges that face the every day henchman.
>>
>>63050892
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henchmen_(film)

Kind of?
>>
breaking bad spinoff about Walt Jr.
It could simply be called "junior"
The main plotline is Walt junior decides to man up and hobble in his dad's footsteps.
He shaves his head and learns to cook up dope.
calls his meth "breakfast".
He goes from being that kid with the murdered dad to the toughest thug in school.
>it has potential
>>
I have an idea for a series. Hear me out /tv/.

A a type III civilization forcibly takes several groups of humans to different earth like planets. Each group is around 40,000-50,000 culturally and ethnically homogeneous indivuduals.

Each group is taken a planet with a normal 80%N 18%O atmosphere an very much capable of sustaining normal human life. They are given enough resources to build two or 3 cities. They are also provided with the means to sustain current the earth technological level, and backups of of all the human knowledge up to that point. The goal is to build upon current human achievement, not to start from scratch.

Each Episode would focus on a different planet thus different race. There would be a Japanese episode, a French Episode, an American Nigger episode. An American Chinese episode, a Russian episode, a Nigerian episode, etc. Each group would have doctors, farmers, engineers, teachers to ensure smooth transition.

It would be fun to see each planets progress through the eyes of the ayyliens that constructed the experiment. They could even set a goal for each group like " be the first to go back to Earth" or something like that.
>>
>>63051596
How are you going to send groups of 50 thousand people to space
>>
>>63051666

Read again.
>>
>>63051683
No thanks, it was pretty shit the first time.
>>
A sequel to John Carpenter's The Thing.

Takes place on a large antarctic science boat. Would open with Childs boarding the ship just like the dog enters the camp. To prevent an instant win scenario for The Thing, the boat would be in the middle of a fire on the water, possibly from fuel or oil.
>>
>>63051596

Sounds like shit. I can't even think of a way to salvage the idea.
>>
slice of life about a bored woman who starts making her own clothes set in a utopian society 3 million years in the future
>>
>>63048872
hilarious, but will never be made. if it does get made, every platform will ban it unless it's incredibly anti-gun.

>>63048907
awesome, but once again, will not work in current political climate unless the ending is tarantino tier in which the wiretapper is brutally emasculated, tortured and murdered for the last 15 minutes of the film and then we have a narration or bit where the female lead comes on screen and "tells men not to rape". cut his dick off at the end and we'll talk.

>>63048932
do it. don't make it homophobic though or our copyright folks will take it down everywhere.

>>63048935
lol never gonna happen

>>63048951
too funny. never gonna happen in hollywood

>>63048967
lame, but doable

>>63049113
no one will pay attention.. not getting made. political climate calls for something more "challenging" to the populace

>>63049150
too much traditional christian imagery. can't do it.

>>63049164
It can work as a satire if it continually fucks with christianity.. if you so much as lightly criticize judaism or islam one time, it's fucking cut.

>>63049298
funny idea, but too much european pride. It will work as a satire though if you take every opportunity to aggrandize southerners and demonize whites

>>63049356
I'll call Vin...

>>63049473
Now you're getting somewhere... make satan sexy and smooth.. make god boring and stupid.. ONLY if it is a christian god. NO islamic bashing or it's fucking cut.
>>
WWII: The Musical
>>
>>63050940
Shit, that looks moderately entertaining. Liked the poster.

A long time ago, I was in a thread on /co/ where everyone was roleplaying a mook for a DC villain. It went deep, even going so far as to deny New York City existing.

Had some really interesting stories. Some guy said he was having drinks with some interesting fuckers at the bar, got into a Hobbit-esque riddles match, and one of them couldn't figure out a riddle and left pissed off.

Turned out that was The Riddler and Penguin he was talking to.
>>
two gay cops
>>
A prehistoric movie about 2 neanderthals in an interracial relationship experimenting to see if they can make a baby.

The two of them spend the length of the movie exploring their similarities and supporting each other through the social ramifications of interracial companionship amongst the other villagers.

The baby is born and takes the shape of the first modern man. And everyone in the village sees how wrong they were.

The movie will be called "Progress".
>>
>>63049113
>short noir film about a loner who can't make friends featuring roadtrips (idk)
Sounds like an amalgam of most of my ideas for movies.
>>
gay schitzo falls in love with one of his hallucinations
>>
>>63048872
A world where writing tropes and stuff are gods, and in the middle of the protagonist's quest, the deus ex machina god solves everything. Now the good guys and bad guys fight to get their hands on the deus ex machina god first.
>>
A movie about a boy who can travel in time, he's going into the future and subsequently into the past so he could perform a spitroast with himself, then when he'll be older he'll travel back to the past watching the scene and masturbate furiosly.
Directed by Guillermo Del Toro.
>>
>>63054850
>schitzo
you described the plot to fight club btw
>>
A man in his mid to late twenties is about to lose his virginity to the girl that he loves, until disaster strikes! In a terrible naked pastrami slicing accident, he cuts off his own dick. His penis becomes anthropomorphic and relishes his newfound freedom. Refusing to go along to get reattached, the protagonist must pursue his dong through the streets of New York so that he can get it reattached in time for his date. In the end he learns there's more to life than benis in vagina.

The voice of Ryan Reynolds as Peter O'Toole, the nameless protagonists detached dick

Call it Members Only
>>
>>63056476
sounds like a skit for Movie 43

what im saying is that idea is shit
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.