[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slow West (2015)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: slow west.jpg (69 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
slow west.jpg
69 KB, 486x720
Some of the best cinematography I've seen in a movie. The plot, soundtrack, and acting were all strong points as well.

Jay never had a chance. ;_____;

Has anyone else seen it?
>>
It was boring and slow up until they all get to the house, and then it was great. 5/10

Should've called the movie "Double Kekery Post Mortem"
>>
I thought it was pretty underwhelming after all the praise it got. It had all the technical aspects of a good film, looked and sounded great, had actors I like, but it was so slight and simply plotted that it didn't leave much of an impression on me.

I did appreciate how the story ended for the kid. The literal salt in the wound was very funny.
>>
>84 minute youshit sketch
>>
>>63048631
>whack-a-mole shootout was the best part

Can't say I agree. Jay's naivete slowly being torn apart---which spanned the entire movie---was the best part for me.

>>63048661

It's pretty bare, but I didn't mind that. I don't think the story was meant to be ambitious as much as an uncompromising look at what the Wild West represented.
>>
>>63048476
it was 6 or 7/10 at best
>>
>>63048705
the whack a mole shit was omg...actually entertaining, and something was actually happening that I could get slightly invested in.
>>
>>63048745

I initially gave it a 7/10, but changed to 8/10 after reconsidering the strength of the acting, cinematography, and soundtrack, even if the storytelling may have been underwhelming.

Relatively (in the entire catalog of filmography), it's probably a 3-4/10, but in terms of my personal enjoyment, a 7-8/10 is fair.
>>
>>63048775

Fair enough. It's definitely a slow-burn.

Bone Tomahawk may be more your speed if you're looking for recent Westerns with a lot of kinetic energy.
>>
File: 1435953061340.jpg (41 KB, 611x518) Image search: [Google]
1435953061340.jpg
41 KB, 611x518
>travel across the world to get cücked
>>
>>63048705
>I don't think the story was meant to be ambitious as much as an uncompromising look at what the Wild West represented.
It succeeded on that front I guess. Just kind of feels like a waste of all of the great actors and cinematography to have them in service of something so insubstantial. I don't even feel like every movie needs to have complex plotting, but this felt simplistic to a fault. It had a couple of tense scenes and some moments of beauty like that dream sequence in the house with the pretty music but it didn't feel like it added to a whole lot. If I just saw it on TV one day I'd probably be a lot more positive but I'd been waiting to watch it for months and it was just a bit underwhelming. I'd be interested to read the reactions of people who really loved it. I wanted something to grasp onto that resonated with me but it was really just 80 minutes of nice film making that didn't make me feel much or leave me anything to think about.
>>
File: van-damme_volvo_hashslush_2.jpg (74 KB, 1000x545) Image search: [Google]
van-damme_volvo_hashslush_2.jpg
74 KB, 1000x545
>>63048476
i really liked it, going into it not nknowing what to expect. it was a slightly surreal depiction of how this country was an alien mess of immigrants settling out in the middle of nowhere.
the kid got keked pretty hard by the cunt, which was funny.
the bounty hunter singing about god and the devil was great.
did it even release in the theaters, cus i didnt find out about it until i found it on redbox?
>>
were the girl and her dad blamed for the boy killing his uncle? was that why they fled?
it was implied but not made clear, right?
>>
>>63049021

What exactly were you expecting? A bunch of twists and turns leading up to a haunting conclusion?
>>
>>63048786
i thot it was hipster garbage thats for people who never seen a western befor... for the netflix generation..... i was just being nice with the 7
>>
>>63048825
yeah nice try.
Slow burn =/= boring, which is what this movie was for almost an hour of it's surprisingly short runtime. the 5 hour cut of Das Boot was more engaging in every way
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.