[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Star Trek so much better than Star Wars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: star.jpg (131 KB, 709x979) Image search: [Google]
star.jpg
131 KB, 709x979
Why is Star Trek so much better than Star Wars?
>>
>>63045205
It dabbled in sjw bullshit before it was cool
>>
>>63045205

Tell me again what happened to Sisko at the end of DS9? Vanished into a portal of light never to be seen again? fuck off idiot.
>>
>>63045367
Fuck you, he went spacing with his Prophet bros and then returned the next day or something to raise his kid.
>>
File: completely unsatisfied.png (171 KB, 366x342) Image search: [Google]
completely unsatisfied.png
171 KB, 366x342
>tfw go into ST threads and everyone only wants to talk about DS9
>>
But it also has coons in it
>>
Star trek, the tv show, "tries" to keep itself as sci-fi with actual substance.

Star Wars movies are now a 3 hour special effects toy commercials.
>>
Take away the top five episodes and star trek is average shit.
>>
>>63045505
DS9 is terrible, just watch next gen, and if you can handle the cheeseyness, the OT has some good stuff too.
>>
Because Rick Berman > George Lucas
>>
>>63045367
just being a normal black father to be honest
>>
How is Renegades? Is it a decent watch to get a trek fix?
>>
File: 1448410812508.gif (758 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1448410812508.gif
758 KB, 625x626
>>
>>63045367
>never to be seen again?
Do you mean we never saw him in Voyager or Enterprise? That's retarded.

Or do you mean he was intending to leave forever? That's incorrect. He said he could be back in a day or a year, and he didn't know.
>>
>>63046153

I tried watching TNG for the first time again since I was a teenager and I hate it. The great thing about DS9 is that its a character driven show so even when the sci-fi plot sucks its still fun to watch to see the characters interact. The same is true for TOS. In TNG all the characters are so bland and unlikable to the point where the sci-fi mystery of the week has to be really gripping for me to give a damn. And a lot of classic, beloved TNG episodes are actually quite shite like Inner Light. Compare the mess that is Inner Light that tries to be too big for its own good to something more simple and emotional like The Visitor. Even in bottle stories TNG loses.

I made it to around Picard Day when I realized that I wasn't even enjoying myself anymore. I had a season and a half to go and I still couldn't find the energy to keep watching.

As bad as TNG and DS9 are both in their first few seasons, at least DS9 purged the fat eventually. TNG you're stuck with Troi mind rape scripts and Guinan shit for years.
>>
>>63047498
Ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha, no. Just wait for Axanar.
>>
>>63045367

Sisko went to join the Prophets and be their emissary on their non-temporal dimension. I like to think that when Sisko does return Jake and Cassidy are old but Sisko having lost his sense of time didn't realize he'd been gone for so long.
>>
>>63046153
I just started watching TNG a few weeks ago, I'm on season 2 episode 18 or something. Damn good show.
>>
>>63047498

It is really bad. It's a shame, they clearly spent a lot of money on costumes and SFX, but the entire film looks and sounds like garbage, the script was terrible and the acting was cringe-worthy.
>>
JJ star trek is literally JJ star wars
>>
File: best trek.jpg (154 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
best trek.jpg
154 KB, 500x328
>>63045505

Because DS9 is max comfy and best Trek.
>>
>>63046153

TNG started off awful and then Roddenberry finally died which made for a much better show.

He had awesome ideas for stories but he sucked at writing.
>>
>>63048241
agreed.
>>
>>63045205
Both are shitty kids flicks.
>>
>>63045572

This. Star Trek has "realistic" cannon. It has a setting and time.

Star Wars is really just generic fantasy in space. They can pretty much do/make up anything they want. Where does it take place? "Far, Far Away". When? "Who knows." Why are there a bunch of humans with western names? "Who cares."
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.