[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE, GLOBAL WARMING ISN'T REAL LMAO thank god this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 19
File: bull01_6207.jpg (29 KB, 360x510) Image search: [Google]
bull01_6207.jpg
29 KB, 360x510
>DUDE, GLOBAL WARMING ISN'T REAL LMAO

thank god this show got cancelled
>>
>>63041731
At least they admitted to making a mistake. I doubt a lot of the politicians who say this will ever apologize.
>>
>>63041731
You sound triggered.
>>
>magicians
>lying
wow really shattered my world view
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (109 KB, 1040x746) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
109 KB, 1040x746
>>63041731
>thank god
>god
>>
>>63041731
can't fucking wait for Penn to die, such a fucking waste of a human being, how'd he even get popular?
>>
>>63043569
Christian detected
>>
>>63041731
Who is this little goblin next to trashman?
>>
File: teller.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
teller.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>63043677
le recycleman
>out of the trash it comes
>>
File: RTR4CL3O.jpg (298 KB, 441x638) Image search: [Google]
RTR4CL3O.jpg
298 KB, 441x638
global warming can't exist because its existence would necessitate actions contrary to trashman's libertarian belief system
>>
There's zero evidence that says humans are the cause of global warming.
>>
>republican comdey
>>
>>63041731
>They literally ended the episode by saying that they don't know if Global Warming is a thing or not.
>Episode is mostly about how "carbon credits" are "Bullshit!".
>"THEY TOLD ME GLOBAL WARMING ISN'T REAL! WHAT ASSHOLES!"
>>
libertarians must go
>>
>>63043835
60 mm is 20 years? WE'RE FUCKED!!!!!!
>>
global warming does exist but it's going to be used by governments and the big corporations that control to steal even more money from you while doing little to solve the problem
>>
>>63041731

>liberals STILL holding onto their hoax scartactics bullshit

lol when will they just give up
>>
File: nt.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
nt.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>63044630
bro do you even science?
>>
>>63043835
>sea level rise is actually just islands sinking

That's what i've thought all along
>>
>>63041872
>they apologized

[citation needed]
>>
>>63044721

hey its my favorite meme scientist who doesn't believe in philosophy, epic XD!!!
>>
Man-made global warming isnt real you fucking morons, fuck off back to reddit.
>>
>>63041731
Satellite data shows no global warming.
>>
File: penn-100lb-off.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
penn-100lb-off.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>63043274

this Shitheadâ„¢ proudly proclaims himself a coward and a liar.

The crowning hypocrisy of his career (so far) is his trashing of vegetarians, and then recently when his gluttony nearly rekt his obese body, he goes full vegan, becomes SJW for it.
His last words on his deathbed will be "God forgive me".
>>
Hasn't Penn lost a lot of weight?
>>
Global warming is a hoax made up to keep developing countries from industrializing.
>>
>>63046618
Philosophy is all in the mind. Science is real stuff, you can measure it. We distrust anything that goes against science and reason. We are not atheists, we just look for the evidence. Consciousness might not even exist.
>>
>>63047023
You can't measure science. Science itself is the measuring.
As for Philosophy, Philosophy is the reason Science exists. Without Philosophy, Science couldn't possibly exist.
It is one huge leap of faith you never think about, to assume such things, as that there is an order to things, divine or mundane. It is also a huge leap of faith, to assume that what we measure a million times, will be true in the infinite more times we'd need to measure it to be certain that it is fact.

People going on about what is "right and wrong" in a spiritual sense aren't the only philosophers. In fact, they are a very separate group from most. Science and mathematics are built on Philosophy.
>>
>>63045840
But anon both are happening
>>
>>63043835

Why does the area around the Indonesia get fucked the most?
>>
>>63046568
They did an ama where they said that many of the episodes were things they didn't really believe that were shoehorned in due to a lack of content.
>>
>>63041731

Wasn't that episode all about how scams regarding global warming, like baseless carbon credits and ineffective recycling didn't help?

I don't recall it saying anything about climate change in general.
>>
>>63041731
everyone in this thread, do some research and read "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton
>>
>>63047291
Because god fucking hates indonesians
>>
>>63046730
>>63046731
>>63043923

I really hope this is trolling. Or at least people being paid off by big oil, not just willful ignorance.
>>
>>63047339
This.
>>
All that maddox ass pain.
>>
>>63047185
Not in Civ 4

Checkmate
>>
File: 78345134376.png (223 KB, 488x412) Image search: [Google]
78345134376.png
223 KB, 488x412
>>63047023
>Consciousness might not even exist.
>>
>>63047403
Hah, didn't maddox get rekt on Bullshit? You'd think he'd know better.

He turned out to be a dildo anyways. Guy should have never ever gone on video and just stuck to the website.
>>
>>63047471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0fcfP7rg1w&feature=youtu.be&t=63
1:03
>>
>>63041731

When the episode came out there were serious doubts about anthropogenic climate warming.

Even now the fucking climate prediction models keep getting revised every year, when the warming goals they predicted aren't reached. Global warming is always happening except when it isn't.
>>
>that episode where they focus on second-hand smoking
>instead of talking about it, they make fun of the guy against smoking
>>
File: pepe-sm-hands-on-face.jpg (47 KB, 463x494) Image search: [Google]
pepe-sm-hands-on-face.jpg
47 KB, 463x494
>>63047614
It's now called 'climate change' since 'global warming' got btfo.
>>
global warming cultists btfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gobe0vWPfl8
>>
>>63047334
They were referring to the sensationalized episodes (ie the ones about tits, lesbians etc.), not the ones where they express an actual belief.
>>
>>63047684

No, it's called Climate Change since day 1 among scientists and professionals. Global Wamring was the dumbass public face discussion name and was dropped bbecause dumb fucks (primarily Americans) look at snow and go "Ha ha warming my ass" when the entire planet average goes up a degree.
>>
>>63041731
anon, you liberals call it climate change now, not global warming. good thing you have a fresh set of tires on those goal posts of yours
>>
>>63047699
BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAmGnyj0u7E
>>
>>63047738
>>63047734
>the ironic timing of these posts.
>>
>>63047738
See
>>63047734

It's amazing how you retards know nothing.
>>
>>63047334
If you listen or follow Penn's writings and podcasts, it's very clear Penn is a capital-L Libertarian and cares very much about these issues. But it was a Showtime show and being super serious all the time is boring. They needed to make some filler episodes.
>>
>>63047494
https://youtu.be/n0-jKmcNr_8
>>
File: 1423874836644.jpg (8 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1423874836644.jpg
8 KB, 217x250
>>63047734
>butthurt libretard
so easy
>>
>>63046821

Not a hoax, but that's definitely how the left uses it as a tool of activism. They would love nothing more for China, India etc. remain the shitholes they are so they (libs) can keep spending $600 a year on the new iPhone.
>>
>>63047505

yeah and he did a response video about the episode. That was sad and painful to watch.
>>
can you believe that liberals are literally trying to blame islamic terrorism on global warming now?

They've been pushing their inane bullshit for so long, that they've lost all track of anything approaching reality.
>>
File: kkeeee.png (507 KB, 564x524) Image search: [Google]
kkeeee.png
507 KB, 564x524
>>63047864
>a response video
that's awful. I listened to his podcast (biggestproblemintheuniverse) and it was terrible. The cohost is pathetic too.
>>
>>63047923
>That Facebook post about CC being the cause of the Arab Spring

The gall of these people. Literally co-opting the struggle to bring down a fucking TOTALITARIAN REGIME so they can win points on Climate Change.

Next the Paris attacks will be linked to CC somehow.
>>
>>63048046
>Next the Paris attacks will be linked to CC somehow.
Well it did create a lot of hot air in the press
>>
DUDE
ITS A TRICK
LMAO
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_KNAoWXv0g

Uh oh.
>>
I don't understand what people who don't believe in it are trying to support in saying global warming isn't real

Even if it wasn't, wouldn't having cleaner air be a better thing anyway because pollution causes health problems?
It's not like the deniers own corporations affected by it that would cause them to lose money or some shit, it doesn't affect the average person financially really at all
>>
>>63048179
?
global warming/climate change is not about pollution
You think electrical costs going up 5x or more doesn't effect people? Why do you think it has skyrocketed so much lately?
>>
>>63048091
That bit about old people and discounts being ageism is correct, and funny, but then he tries to move the goalposts on his "smell" comment. Embarrassing.
>>
>>63048179
If you watch the episode in question, they don't even say you shouldn't help the envoriment. Infact I'm pretty sure they point out that it's a good thing to be concious of pollution and other things to a point.

What their main point was in that episode, was stuff like Carbon Credits that are a huge hoax to ride the money train behind Global Warming.
>>
>>63048222
one of the benefits of going green would reduce pollution, so yes it kind of is
>>
>>63048179
>it doesn't affect the average person financially really at all

It does when you give some retarded politician a mandate like "reduce pollution, but don't effect jobs or our standard of living at all." You'll understand when you start paying taxes.
>>
>>63048266
So to clarify as I think I wasn't clear enough:
Anti-Global Warming people (unless they are complete dipshits), are generally against companies/individuals who try to boost their profits by exploiting people's fears of an issue we don't fully understand yet.
>>
>>63047384
>the earth has never experienced global warming until the industrial age
Please tell me you're not this stupid.
>>
>>63048310
I do pay taxes, that has nothing to do with understanding the illogical thoughts of people
>>
>>63048302
No
Going green does not reduce pollution
And climate change/pollution are completely seperate unrelated things.
>>
>>63047734
>No, it's called Climate Change since day 1 among scientists and professionals.
lol remember when those scientists and professionals swore up and down we were entering an ice age in the 70s?
>>
>>63048319
It's not only about profits...but political power , political propaganda, centralizing power into institutions like the UN
>>
>>63048357
>reduce CO2 emissions in the air
>this is done via "green energy" , electric cars etc.
>doesn't reduce pollution
What
>>
>>63048394
Well, I meant profits in the wider sense. You know, personal gain, which can be political.
>>
Still not as bad as South Park's 'dude there's no proof for second-hand smoking lmao'.

But at least they admitted that they didn't bother to do any research.
>>
>>63048400
>"reduce CO2 emisions"
>Really just outsources them
>costs 10 times as much, which means it polutes 10 times as much
>everyone is poorer & worse off

smooth move retard
>>
>>63048400
>reduce CO2 emissions in the air
>this is done via "green energy" , electric cars etc.

How exactly do you think we produce electricity? Because in my town we do it by burning wood chips.
>>
>>63041731
I just watched it for entertainment. Never took their opinions too seriously as if they were right.

I did write a research paper by copying info from an entire episode, though. Did good
>>
>>63047794
I like how this shows the relationships between the meme scientists. Richard Dawkins, the true meme master, sits back and watches the chaos he's caused. Bill Nye banters the shit out of Neil. And Neil is just a nerd with no social skills.
>>
>>63041731
Say what you want about em, they had good taste in tits.
>>
>>63048465
Thats why you need incentives to use better tech to burn your woodchips
>>
>>63047505
I don't get it, Maddox just does extremely exaggerated satire and Penn and Teller take him like he's being 100% serious or something. It's like someone accusing Colbert of being a Republican, except the satire in Colbert is so thin. It's not like Maddox hates old people in real life, I doubt he hates his parents that's retarded. But he does pick up on the fact that we feel a slight disgust around old people, if they weren't such a burden we wouldn't have nursing homes in the first place. Bill Burr could probably say anything Maddox does.
>>
>>63048559
That episode was such blatant filler it would put walking dead writers to shame.
>>
>>63048400
The lion's share of energy on the grid (in the US, and probably in the UK, too lazy to check) is created by burning coal. if you charge your Tesla in the US more than 50% of that energy on average is created at a coal plant, with all the emissions you'd expect of burning pure carbon (shitloads of CO2). Only a fraction of energy on the grid comes from non-emissions sources (Nuclear being the chief one, but it is regularly demonized in the US, by the same people that hate coal ironically).

All of this is of course a lot more expensive than just filling up at the pump.
>>
>>63048026
>dick masterson
>pathetic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM
>>
>>63048544
What the fuck does that mean? It's a boiler, how are you going to improve that with magical mystery tech?

>Good news everyone! I've used those government incentives to make fire hotter!
>How, professor?
>Oh, what? I just threw their fiat funny money in the furnace.
>>
>>63048633
>>63048633
I know all this, and we are trying to push for more "green energy" like wind, nuclear etc.

Why does everyone assume this isn't part of trying to reduce C02 emissions and pollution
>>
>>63048620
Truly, it was one of the worst episodes of P&T, right down there with the dolphins episode. A literal nonissue that no one cares about, and they were very halfassed in their analysis.

The best episodes are the ones they really give a shit about personally. IE the Drugs episode, Mother Theresa, Vatican, Gun Control, Prostitution. Off the top of my head.
>>
>>63048663
I think what the guy is trying to get at, is that the burner needs to be completely replaced by windmills, hydroplants, and Solar-Freaking-Roadways.

Of course doing that, would take decades and too much of the money building up for Vietnam 2 near Syria right now so it's dubious if it'll happen.
>>
>>63048559
What is there to get? They found some weirdo that rants about old people. He thought it would be a good opportunity to shill his grade-school-tier humor.... only no one gets it except for people who already know of him. He just comes off as a smug little fucker, which he is.
>>
>>63048544
No

Everything needs energy. From the sun. Or wind or water

But solar is still new and hope that you live in a good place.

Wind would be ok but liberals don't like wind mills or towers because "muh oceans are special,"

Dams work but again not every place has rivers to use for such

Nuclear would be the best overall but beta fags think its dangerous because "muh Russia"

>Hint: That went bad because Russians were using poor shitty safety precautions.

A good nuclear plant would be safe. But again liberals and idiots would be too scared
>>
>>63048719
You sound like all the old guys that were sending him hatemail after that episode aired
>>
>>63048684
It wouldn't be an issue if the green energy industry was a laissez-faire industry. But it is deeply in bed with government There are billions of dollars in subsidies, tax credits, endorsements etc. at stake, and already boondoggles (google Solyndra).

As long as there is political money in the game, I will shit on the "green" energy movement. Teslas are rich people's way of feeling better about themselves. Like carbon credits, except less douchey, cause at least the car gets you somewhere before it immolates itself in an electrical fire.
>>
>>63048728
>Not every place has rivers to use for such.
That's not even half of it.
Any place with a big enough river to make building an energy dam worthwhile, is guaranteed to also have fisheries on that very river.
You build a dam, and right away the ecosystem of the river changes, and the fisheries probably go out of business.
That's not good publicity.
>>
File: dax harrera.jpg (23 KB, 352x292) Image search: [Google]
dax harrera.jpg
23 KB, 352x292
>>63048655
No joke, Dick Masterson is actually a character created by some faggot comedian with pink hair. Dr. Phil is either a filthy liar or fell for his ruse.

Filename is his real name.
>>
Liberals: Think humans are not part of nature. Are not natural and can only cause harm

Conservatives: Think humans are beyond nature and don't need to act right towads nature

Prove me wrong
>>
>>63048807
I don't think either of those are true desu.
>>
>>63048710
More like funneling endless amounts of stolen treasure (taxes) into ever-more-expensive tiny percentage gains in efficiency, irregardless of the wisdom of doing so. The goal is obvious: make coal and oil too expensive to be attractive.

What they forget is 1) this will happen naturally as we deplete fossil fuel reserves and 2) they are speeding the end of the age of prosperity, before we have the technology and infrastructure to shift from carbon to a renewable or at least zero-emissions energy source
>>
If human-caused climate change is real then did the flintstones rockmobiles run on fossil fuels to cause the ice age? Checkmate b8theists
>>
>>63048800
He fell for the ruse, Dick talked on the podcast about the amount of psych testing and vetting that had to go into him getting onto that show.

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/20294799-story

1:23 is what Dick looks like these days, I imagine that's a pretty old photo
>>
>>63048888
he has a pony tail so prob. still gay

quads confirm it
>>
>>63048728
>Wind would be ok but liberals don't like wind mills or towers because "muh oceans are special,"

Super cool story time:
>Hippy dippy Vermonters elect progressive government
>We want renewable energy!
>State approves building wind turbines on mountains
>NO STOP! MUH PROPERTY VALUES MUH VIEW! MUH NATURAL BEAUTY!

Can't win with these people. They're the same ones who are anti nuclear, like you said. So we just end up burning trees, natural gas, and buying it at robber baron rates from Canada.
>>
>>63047403
it was bullshit. but maddox is an obnoxious neckbeard manchild, so he had it coming.
>>
>>63048800
>>63048888
Well he continues this 'character' on maddox's podcast and has a website and book.
>>
>>63048728
what? liberals love all green energy including wind energy. Remember when Donald Trump sued because they might ruin the view at his golf course?
Oh wait it's still happening.
and the turbines are 2 miles (3km) away from shore.
>>
What is the alternative to fossil fuels?

If wind, solar, electric and whatever else liberals circle jerk themselves over worked we could stop. They don't work and until they do we are gonna burn carbon until the world burns (if you believe this is true).

The only hope is if some new technology is invented.
>>
>>63048026
It's literally /r/kutakuinaction, the podcast
>>
>DUDE STATISTICS ARE BULLSHIT LMAO
>>
>>63048977
It seems to be one of those Seinfeld things where Dick Masterson the character is a giant exaggeration of Dick Masterson the man
>>
>>63048995

Nuclear energy.
>>
>>63047756
But is this video a lie
>>
>>63047853
>They would love nothing more for China, India etc. remain the shitholes

Are you fucking stupid? They're already industrialized.
>>
>>63048977
Maddox is also a satirist and probably in on it, the book and website were created to promote his Dick persona.
>>
>>63048990
>libs love green energy
>as long as it's not in their backyard

>libs love blacks
>as long as they're not in their backyard

>libs love cops
>as long as they're not in their backyard

and so on
>>
>>63048888
What the fuck is wrong with his face? He looks like a cartoon character
>>
>>63047614
>Even now the fucking climate prediction models keep getting revised every year

Like most models in science.
>>
File: 1447766424581.jpg (21 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1447766424581.jpg
21 KB, 236x236
>>63049061
They are industrializing shitholes. Large parts of China are agrarian. India, I don't know, they have that crazy fucking caste system though. It looks dirty as fuck in the movies.
>>
Debating global warming is pretty much pointless, even if politicians/corporations actually stopped their massive disinfo campaign it's far too late to do anything. We're getting fucked no matter what it's just a question of how hard.

Move your dumb asses as far away from the coastline as you can manage.
>>
>>63049107
Most of "science" is not used for such baldy political agendas. Climate "science" has been marred with controversy and scandal time and again.

Need I really remind you of Climategate.
>>
>>63048465

Do you have down syndrome?

Think about what kind of pollution an electric car creates vs what kind of pollution a petrol fueled car creates.
>>
>>63049086
This so much. I live in the town that's received the lion's share of refugees liberals decided to adopt and they're absolutely abandoned the ares where the foreigners have settled. It's pretty funny.

At least the right is honest about their bed wetting fear of brown people.
>>
>>63041731
There are people in this thread who believe in man made climate change.

KEK
>>
>>63049180
the pro-global warming is the fucking disinfo, dumbass
>>
>>63049189
>Do you have down syndrome?
>How does electricity work? I'm pretty sure it's magic.
>>
>>63049116

They're the biggest producers of greenhouse gas you idiot. It's too late.
>>
>>63049086
What's the problem with that? There's plenty of empty space in coast line 2km out at sea that you can place wind turbines.
I don't have to interact with black people if I don't want to but I still want them treated fairly.
And I don't want to deal with cops if I don't have to, and if i'm not breaking the law I shouldn't have to.
>>
>>63049189
Pretty sure you're baiting, but, put on your thinking cap. Where does the energy that you charge your car with come from?
>>
>>63049181
>Need I really remind you of Climategate.

Go on

Tell me what you think was significant about that ;^)

>>63049218
>durr I don't know what we're arguing about anymore
>>
>>63049207
argue with scientific consensus all you want m8, you can't wish away reality :^)
>>
>>63049281
>put on your thinking cap.

How ironic. Do you know what the discussion is about or did you just jump to conclusions because some other moron did? Try using the post linking featured to figure out what we're talking about. Then respond.
>>
global warming is a conspiracy made by jews to keep the price of energy high
>>
>>63049241
Yes, they produce a lot of pollution because they are INDUSTRIALIZING. They produce more per year because it is a process. You know, it's not like one guy makes the 1,000,000 lathe and suddenly poof, magically the country is industrialized.

The issue with agreeing to CO2 standards is because it stifles their industrialization, which is ongoing, when most of the first world arguing for the controls has transitioned away from industrial concerns. They import shit now, from those very countries that are industrializing.

Fuck.
>>
>>63049296
Can an anon who believes in man made global warming give me any proof?
>>
>>63047023
Positivism is shit lad.
>>
>>63049281
Think about how much more efficient a system generating electricity for a million people is compared to one generating it for one person.
>>
File: 1295666573528.png (47 KB, 550x375) Image search: [Google]
1295666573528.png
47 KB, 550x375
>>63043835
>coastal erosion is sea level rise

OH GOD WHAT

>guys some of the worst rise in sea level is somehow happening in this little piece of arctic coastline, Hudson's Bay, Canada!
>>
>>63049325
Now I know you're baiting. Classic misdirection on a post thread that is extremely linear and easy to follow. Go fuck yourself! :)
>>
>>63049343
try opening a book instead of getting your opinions from strangers on 4chan
>>
>>63049287

All this baiting.

>Emails between climate scientists that clearly show cherry-picking of data, omission of data that doesn't fit the models
>Collusion between scientists to do so
>Billions of dollars in the industry

But I'm done, I can't waste my time fencing with you.
>>
>>63049331

So explain to me how they're going to "remain shitholes"
>>
>>63049380
I don't like to read fiction.
>>
>>63049468
what the fuck are you doing in this thread then?
>>
>>63049433
>>Emails between climate scientists that clearly show cherry-picking of data, omission of data that doesn't fit the models
>>Collusion between scientists to do so
>>Billions of dollars in the industry

0/10

None of those things actually happened. You know that right? It's been proven that all of the controversy was just drummed up by media outlets and wasn't actually real. You know that right?

>>63049364

Ok, you obviously can't admit you're wrong, and respond with the classic "durr ur only baiting me" line. Fuck off then.
>>
>>63049449
CO2 emissions caps will curtail development of new industrial concerns, but the population will not remain stagnant, it will grow a great deal, moreso if they are inclined to remain argrarian (because of co2 caps!).

This hard-limit to wealth generation coupled with a booming population is a surefire way to hamstring an entire country. Keep 'em poor, keep 'em stupid. Why do you think the Catholic church condemns condom use, especially among the poorest nations, or in regions where HIV is a serious issue?
>>
>>63047794
>that video title

What percentage off reddit users was in that audience?
>>
>>63049433
why give your billions to the middle east, give it to china and get solar panels. you already owe them a shitload of money
>>
you guys are so easy to bait.
>>
>>63049534

>CO2 emissions caps will curtail development of new industrial concerns

So you mean they'll stop building those entire cities full of nothing? Cool

>but the population will not remain stagnant, it will grow a great deal, moreso if they are inclined to remain argrarian

Explain to me why you think an agrarian society will have faster population growth than an industrialized one
>>
I've always found it curious CC advocates stress the "consensus" of CC, therefore trying to end the argument before it begins. We all agree, so let's get on with getting on.

Strange they never stress the "consensus" of gravity. No one doubts gravity. You'd be laughed at if you said up was down. Or the "consensus" of the periodic table. Can't even see the damn things, but you don't see them stressing how 99.9% of scientists agree on the periodic table.

The science is strong enough in all these things to stand on it's own. The evidence is there. You can see it.

Surely global evidence of climate change can stand on it's own. No need to appeal to a majority opinion.
>>
>>63049709
Not as easy as your mom.
>>
>>63049709
Who is baiting who?

Baiting implies one side is lying on purpose, i am pretty sure these faggots really believe in man made global warming.
>>
>>63049764

I'm sure this is bait
>>
>>63049764
Nice point anon.
>>
>>63049828
WHAT DID YOU FUCKING CALL ME?
A FAGGOT?
DO YOU FUCKING KNOW WHAT FAGGOT EVEN MEANS? IT MEANS A HOMOSEXUAL. A FUCKING QUEER. A WHOOPSY. A PRANCING LALA FRUITY BOY. YOU COME HERE, AND CALL ME FUCKING THAT? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY GIGABYTES OF PORNOGRAPHY FEATURING ONLY FUCKING !!!FEMALES!! I HAVE? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY TIMES A DAY I MASTURBATE TO THIS COLLECTION, HOW MANY HOURS I SPEND EXPANDING IT? NO, NO YOU FUCKING DON'T, YOU JUST COME IN HERE AND MAKE A FUCKING JUDGEMENT ON ME LIKE YOu"RE SOME KIND OF JUDGER OF FAGS WHEN I STILL SMELL OF THE SEMEN FROM JACKING IT TO THE PUSSY OF A FUCKING FEMALE
>>
>>63049732
It's well documented that poorer and less-educated people have larger families. What is industrialization but the effort to lift people out of property, via enhanced efficiency?

Agrarian societies are rural, spread out, and have daily work schedules that make an education difficult if not impossible. People who live in the first world (prosperity) average less than 1 child per household. Poorer people (farmers, anyone?) average more, usually many more, because of the need for labor, the likelihood of childhood mortality, etc.

It relates to my note on condom usage. The Catholic Church is most popular in poor regions, because let's face it, the developed world is fiercely critical of the Church and it's opaque nature. They have done their homework. Poor people with limited means cannot do their homework. The goal is to keep them poor, and the easiest way to do it is have them raise more kids than they possibly can afford, by ordering them to fuck without condoms.

If your life is shit, you probably fuck as much as you can, while the getting it good. I would, condoms be damned.
>>
>>63049924
>It's well documented that poorer and less-educated people have larger families. What is industrialization but the effort to lift people out of property, via enhanced efficiency?

So why did their population increase only after industrialization began?
>>
>>63049985
It's been increasing since forever anon. Greater industrialization is of course making it look like it's growing faster, because of lowered mortality rates. As these countries industrialize the richest parts of them (China's urban districts as an example) will experience declining family size as people become wealthier. But industrialization caps will keep large parts of the country agrarian and poor, which means making lots of babies.

Haven't you seen Idiocracy? It satirizes the phenomenon on poor and dumb people having larger families, vs rich and educated people.
>>
File: worldpopulationgrowth2[1].gif (8 KB, 320x260) Image search: [Google]
worldpopulationgrowth2[1].gif
8 KB, 320x260
>>63050083

No.
>>
File: squinting.jpg (23 KB, 691x426) Image search: [Google]
squinting.jpg
23 KB, 691x426
>>63050136
What importance is this graph to me? I am a man, not an ant. Also citation needed.
>>
>>63050198

0/10
>>
>>63050229
tbqh you're not trying very hard either
>>
File: Norman_Borlaug.jpg (24 KB, 496x423) Image search: [Google]
Norman_Borlaug.jpg
24 KB, 496x423
>>63050136
>Disregards two centuries of rapid development and scientific progress in the West, how that might actually improve and prolong lives in other parts of the world.
>Doesn't know about vaccination efforts by the first world across the globe for decades. Billions of lives saved
>Hasn't heard of pic related, who made hardier crops in some of the hungriest parts of the world, thereby feeding billions of people that would not exist otherwise for lack of food.

The West stopped having a lot of kids, but they also promoted population growth in much of the world where it would not have happened. It's bringing all the material benefits of the first world to a third-world mentality.
>>
Bodybuilding is bs because I cant get off my fat ass

-penn gillette
>>
>>63050385

What the fuck are you even talking about you moron? Do you even know?
>>
>>63050617
I don't know, since you can only form a sentence at a time and post indecipherable gifs with little elaboration. was your argument people have not been having tons of kids throughout history, when much of the world was poor? because high mortality rates and a lack of technology is the reason for this lack of population boom. the industrial revolution WAS the boom, when man finally could produce more than he needed.

you should try reading some economic theory or something.
>>
File: 1448484498595.jpg (128 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1448484498595.jpg
128 KB, 900x675
>>63048655
>tfw 99% of every single thing this guy said is correct

honestly i can see how someone could fall for the ruse. its not like hes saying things that arent realistic, just unpopular and taboo to say out loud
>>
>>63047334
The martial arts episode was when it jumped the shark.
>>
>>63047334
>They did an AMA
Fuck every fiber of your being and everything you stand for. Your mother should've swallowed you, you waste of space, time, money, and effort. Fuck you.
>>
>>63044594
No, you libkeks must go. You're destroying society.
>>
>>63050785
hello reddit!
>>
>>63050785
There was an AMA on 4chan once.
Once.

In case spoon feeding is necessary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M31njYuuVeo
>>
>>63049924
>did their homework

More like either watched a 3 minute summary video or heard about it in a conversation/blog.
>>
>>63050737
trailer, space heater, man the list goes on.
>>
>>63041731
You could say that it went straight to the trash.
>>
>>63050692
>you should try reading some economic theory or something.

Jesus christ, no wonder everything you say is completely wrong.

>was your argument people have not been having tons of kids throughout history, when much of the world was poor? because high mortality rates and a lack of technology is the reason for this lack of population boom. the industrial revolution WAS the boom, when man finally could produce more than he needed.

This is exactly what I'm saying you fucking down syndrome cunt. This is CONTRARY to your previous post. What is wrong with your brain?
>>
>>63049921
Is this a new copypasta or an ancient one?
>>
>>63043923
It's kinda sad this anon is the only one that actually got P&T's argument
>>
>>63050961

>hurr hey guys look at my old post this is sure to troll you
>>
>>63041731
do you not remember Al Gore's absurd apocalyptic claims that we're all fucked by 2060?

Also, it's "climate change" now.
>>
>>63051018
>do you not remember Al Gore's absurd apocalyptic claims that we're all fucked by 2060?

Shit I forgot he was a scientist.

Anyway, that's probably not wrong. We will be fucked by then, one way or another.
>>
>>63050901
I think you're conflating industrial revolution, the epoch, with industrialization, the effort.

it's been fun watching you rage though. many keks were had.
>>
>>63051116

You're tapping out I guess. Cya then
>>
>>63051094
Even if CC, ie global warming is real, and the ice caps melt and the oceans rise, it's not the end of the world or even the end of humans. we will adapt to this new ecology, as will all life. some will fade, because they can't pack up their shit and move to new parts of the world, or build a water desalinator, whatever.

humans will survive.
>>
>its fucking 70 degrees here right now
>at night
>>
>>63051199

Let's forget nuclear war, pollution, loss of resources, drought, famine and pestilence, ecological collapse and so forth. And I'm not even thinking about sea level rise being the cause of those things. Add that to the equation though and we're doomed.
>>
File: 1446839668134.png (13 KB, 292x339) Image search: [Google]
1446839668134.png
13 KB, 292x339
>>63051018
climate change has been accepted theory about Earth for a very long time.

Global warming was a fear mongering buzzword campaign started by a politician with an agenda. It was never widely accepted, even among scientist communities.

Now people who were stupid enough to buy into the global warming fear mongering campaign (like OP here) claim they weren't wrong/stupid because climate change is an accepted theory. But climate change WAS ALWAYS an accepted theory. We knew that the Earth started out as a ball of lava and then cooled off all the way to an ICE AGE. That is climate change, no shit.
>>
>>63048655
KEK

This man is red pilled as fuck.
>>
>>63051288
>Global warming was a fear mongering buzzword campaign started by a politician with an agenda.

Which one?
>>
>>63051369
the one South Park parodied, of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf69EEL3WBk
>>
>>63051403

So you think Al Gore started the idea of global warming do you?
>>
File: LOOK AT THIS CLOWN.png (404 KB, 1080x636) Image search: [Google]
LOOK AT THIS CLOWN.png
404 KB, 1080x636
>>63051094
He was completely wrong, no scientist backs up his predictions, yet leftists keep spouting this stuff (that ice caps will 100% melt and that bullshit).
>>
>>63051429
Yes and the internet.
>>
>>63050805
>implying I'm a liberal

nice try moishe
>>
>>63051464

Well you're pretty fucking stupid then aintcha

How can you be so ignorant of history within the past 30 years?
>>
>>63051403

God the ultra-preachy episodes of South Park are just the worst. Not as bad as certain Simpsons episodes but they're close.
>>
>>63051448

>muh leftists

Just shut the fuck up you child

Who are you preaching to?
>>
>>63051573
What would you pussies prefer to be called?
>>
>>63051525
actually, The Man Bear Pig episode wasn't that preachy and was pretty funny.

Only hippies didn't like it.
They love South Park now that they make "dont vote for Trump" episodes though, funny how that works.

>>63051448
They might melt someday, thing is there is no concrete proof that anything we do can change that. The Earth has changed drastically many times. In reality massive climate change is what made most of the dinosaurs go extinct.
The ice age ending caused the Mammoth to go extinct. etc etc

Could a drastic shift in earth's climate make human beings go extinct? we will see, but honestly we deserve it anyway. Humans are rotten creatures.
>>
>>63051627

Call us Blue team and call yourself Red team, or maybe call us red ants and call yourself black ants. How about Team A and Team B? Whatever you want, idiot.
>>
>>63051697
>actually, The Man Bear Pig episode wasn't that preachy and was pretty funny.

It wasn't that funny. It would have been better if there was a real Man Bear Pig, like the imagination land episode.
>>
>>63051697
>le speculative wishful misanthrope
>>
>>63041912
underrated post
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.