[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>old VHS quality This crap is no longer nostalgia to me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
>old VHS quality

This crap is no longer nostalgia to me.

What have you guys done with all your old VHS tapes?
>>
what the fuck is VHS
>>
>>63041614
Obvious Bait.

You have the entirety of human knowledge infront of you! use it
>>
>>63041764
>Obvious Bait.

No, it's a joke. No one goes to /tv/ and expects other people to believe they don't know what VHS is. It's a normal person making the billionth "VHS is so old I don't know what it is" joke.

You really should re-evaluate everything that made you think that was a serious bait attempt.
>>
>>63041606
This is comfy is as fuck. you're a faget
>>
>>63043021
This is comfy as fuck. That video is just destroyed.
>>
>>63043021

I'm a nostalgiafag but I don't take it that far. A broken VHS is a broken VHS. Bleeding colors and a line of static at the bottom of the entire tape isn't going to make me cream, it's going to make me realize how retarded my nostalgia goggles really are.

I'll watch them on a VHS tape but that's about it.

Also who downloads VHS rips? Why do you guys have these things? I can go find DVD rips of Courage the Cowardly dog and Flintstones right now. You have to decide: nostlagia over a bunch of static or nostalgia over a beloved cartoon. You can still nostalgia with a DVD.
>>
>>63043021
>>63045186
what the fuck is a comfy video supposed to look like?
>>
>>63045186
Some films like the unedited version of Pretty Baby is only available in VHS rip.
>>
>>63047284
I'm talking about going onto a torrent site like myspleen and downloading some guy's old VHS tape of Cartoon Network. Pretty Baby I can understand, but nostalgia crap like that where better sources are available I don't see the point of. People are free to like what they like, but there is a problem when someone sits there and downloads a tape like that for nostalgia reasons.

>I want to see Courage the Cowardly dog as if it was still 2001 and I was watching an old VHS recording of it

I'd be going to a therapist if I thought like that.
>>
>>63043021
but you can't even make out the characters
>>
>>63041606
Use them to make youtube videos with synthwave music
>>
I just recently tossed all my old wrestling tapes. No need for that shit anymore
>>
>>63041606
I think my dad threw them out.
>>
>>63047841

I had a whole TV cabinet full of old VHS tapes. I stuck them on eBay for a few months, sold like 5 of them, and then got rid of the rest on craigslist. I kept the ones that had any redeeming value left (either they were rare or there was a chance of selling them on eBay). I have better quality versions of all those tapes. No need for that shit. I ripped whatever home videos and recordings I had left for nostalgia reasons, too. I realized how silly it is to keep things for "nostalgia" reasons. Even sold my old consoles, too.

I can watch those movies on my computer in 1080p if I wanted to. And since I can emulate those old games on my computers, my Wii, my PS3, my Nintendo DS, my phone, my tablet, and even my Gamecube if I wanted to, there's literally no reason whatsoever for me to keep an old Super Nintendo or a Genesis.

Nostalgia is fine, but it can also be a symptom of a greater issue. No one needs to keep old shit like that.
>>
I gave some to a cousin's kid because they still have one and wanted to have him experience it.
>>
>>63041606
>What have you guys done with all your old VHS tapes?

Kept only the original Star Wars trilogy in original boxes and the newer '94 THX remastered trilogy. Also all those childhood favorites that came in those giant white plastic boxes like the Disney movies and shit. Rest I either sold at a garage sale or threw away.
>>
When are we going to start asking people what they've done with their DVDs?

DVDs seem like such a waste and the quality is so disgusting. It signifies the end of an era where we would compress the shit out of a movie and hack it apart. Blu-rays aren't exactly raw unfiltered movies but they're leagues better than DVDs. And there's no interlacing.
>>
>>63048782
Go to a flea market. You can't even give them away to anyone who isn't living off food stamps. I've seen used CD's sell more than DVD's do. VHS's and Betamax's sell because of nostalgia and rare tv shows and such still not available on Blu-ray and even DVD in some cases. But no one wants DVD's unless they're poor as fuck.
>>
>>63047750
Yeah you can thats wilma and betty
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 1032x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 1032x384
>>63041606
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.