[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any other program that could rival this as reddit: the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: Parks-Recreation-NBC.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Parks-Recreation-NBC.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Is there any other program that could rival this as reddit: the tv show?
>>
>>63040985
>Chris Pratt
>"I LOVE BACON" man
>le funny shitskin
yep that's pretty reddit
>>
>>63040985
This "Reddit the:...." thing need to fucking stop. It's a huge forum with millions of users browsing every day, much like this site. It's totally pointless to say this or that about such a large community. And of course you are going to call me a "Redditor" now. Which is amusing since your knowledge of whether I visit the site or not is non-existent. And I do not.
>>
>>63041205
Its a site that by its make up enforces a conformity of opinion and censors out anything that registers as controversial or disagreeable to the standard deviations of the average users thought.
Its a large community but by its design it enforces a standard mindset.
>>
>>63041205

Reddit the comment
>>
>>63041205
fuck off, reddit.
>>
>>63041263
Well this is of course your personal opinion. Not based on any form of actual facts.
>>63041273
>>63041344
This is what I am talking about. I am not a board. And absolutely not that one. Use your heads.
>>
>>63041512
>>63041205
I wish redditors would stop posting here. They get so buttblasted about being pointed out that they're from reddit, as if they need someone to say they fit in on 4chan
>>
>>63041512
>Well this is of course your personal opinion. Not based on any form of actual facts.

I'm just describing how the voting system functions with the diversity of thought, if you don't think that contrary opinions are discouraged as a result of it then you have zero critical thinking ability and should fuck off back there where your beliefs wont be challenged.
>>
This Reddit shit has really gone too far. You all need to go back to gaia.
>>
>>63041628
First of all I don't necessarily approve the voting system. And when it comes to the discouragement of opinions you practise it yourself by asking me to "fuck off".
>>
Game of Thrones
>>
>>63041628
>>63041628
And the diversity of thought includes the discouragement of opinions.
>>
>>63041753
The difference is when I tell you to fuck off its because I find your opinion inane and I'm just one guy, if this was reddit your post would not even be read by 99.9% of users in the thread on the mere basis that a large portion of users thought it was disagreeable.
>>
>>63040985
I haven't seen this show. What's so Reddit about it?
>>
>>63041846
Sometimes it is different, many people (myself included) often search for the disliked opinions and ideas since I know they are to be different then the larger consensus and thus be a interesting opinion/idea.
>>
File: Peter O'Toole.jpg (113 KB, 673x673) Image search: [Google]
Peter O'Toole.jpg
113 KB, 673x673
>>63041950
>the site is redeemable because a tiny minority of people do the exact opposite of what the site is designed for
>>
>>63041628
this.

any sort of voting system is bad for so many reasons and it can be easy exploited

fact is most people are sheep and will follow the popular opinion, this is human nature, while on reddit any sort of alternate opinion is attacked and hidden

reddit is essentially the ultimate circlejerk site
>>
>>63041855
Nothing really. Just watch it and make up your own mind.
>>
>>63041512
Jesus fuck, you're a fucking redditor.
>>
>>63040985
fuck them for changing the tone of the show after season 1 aka the only good season. now it's just the entire cast making retarded faces and ben starting at the camera after every scene
>>
File: 1423092808576.png (3 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1423092808576.png
3 KB, 186x186
>>63042310
>season 1
>good
>>
>>63042079
>>63042053
Well the same if obviously happening here (as to prove my point) despite no voting system, It does not matter. People are sheep here too with or without a voting system.
>>
>>63042404
*Is
>>
>>63041263
And 4chan doesn't? lmao
>>
>>63042455
>>63042404
No actually, 4chan by design thrives on provocative opinions, it has its own issues that arrise from that but the difference between it and reddit is that both of our opinions actually gets seen here and it wouldn't on reddit.
>>
>>63042511
This

Despite my shitty comment not adding anything tangible to the conversation, you have no choice but to look at it. Thus the 4chan circle of life continues
>>
>>63040985
I don't know much about reddit.
But I do know I would fuck Aubrey Plaza three ways from Sunday.
>>
>>63042511
Yes but most people agrees on these provocative opinions here don't they? Such as; Reddit suck. Niggers suck. Everyone with a fucking hat suck. People how actually enjoy mainstream things suck. People how only like niche and underground things suck. To name a few. And no many of the opinions don't get seen.
>>
Reddit sensibility comedy shows:
Arrested Development
Parks and Recreation
Community
Rick and Morty
>>
>>63042511
He's right, though, the hivemind phenomenon thrives here, too. It's just not built into the commenting system.
>>
>>63042730
Aside from the cartoon, all of those were beloved here in their early seasons. Check the archives.
>>
>>63042814
I was here for the entire duration of all those shows other than AD. There were plenty of threads with people praising them, but all of the people in those threads had the reddit sensibility and didn't belong here. Community fans used to post waifu images every week saying "NEW COMMUNITY THIS WEEK ANON :3" and then they'd unironically get excited for it and spout the running gags to each other and make empty coments like "dat brie :3"

It was probably the show that opened my eyes to the reddit presence on this board. The fact that there were people here posting on /tv/ who weren't /tv/.
>>
>>63042814
That's because early seasons of community were good
> there were actually 6 seasons made
Holy shit did anyone besides the delusional watch them
I know season 2 was a different tone from he first but after a while it was just as good
Season 3 had wheels falling off and season 4 I couldn't watch any more
>>
>>63042974
> gets mad at fans of a show for watching Alison Brie on community
> is literally on a board filled with grown men who watch Disney kids shows for glimpses at 11 year old ass and feet
>>
>>63040985
It would've been better without le sassy black woman and le quirky street shitter
>>
How I met Reddit
>>
>>63043043
It was always reddit, even in the much defended first season. You were ALWAYS reddit for liking it. Some projecting about "Muh pedos" doesn't change the fact that by enjoying community you made it clear that you have the comedic sensibilities of a redditor.

You know what would have been authentic /tv/ humor? Chuckling as every actor involved in that thing got diagnosed with terminal cancer. If you're on /tv/ every cast member and writer on that show is your cultural enemy. They support race mixing, gay marriage, polyamorousness, the destruction of traditional white values. They support everything this board was formed to fight against. And they do it all with their smug meme based comedy.
>>
>>63042974
>There were plenty of threads with people praising them, but
>all of the people in those threads had the reddit sensibility and didn't belong here
Read what you wrote, and think about how dumb it is.
>>
At least it gave Nick Offerman a real career. Dude's too funny to be playing bit roles all of his life
>>
>>63043089
> government office job
> without having a sassy black women
U serious m8
>>
>>63043178
There's literally nothing wrong with it. You can BE reddit without ever having visited the website in your entire life. That's why you get so many people on this website praising reddit shows completely ignorant of the fact that they are reddit.
>>
>>63042691
The only thing anon can agree on is that anon suck
>>
>>63043237
So reddit means anything you don't like?
>>
You guys sure do know a lot about reddit.
>>
>>63043394
No it does not. It means anything with that's a memetic leftist circlejerk. I hate both Community and It's Always Sunny In Philedelphia, but I only consider Community overtly reddit.
>>
Mr Robot is the only real answer.
>>
>>63043397
Most people on this board (in fact ALL who belong here) have devoted their lives to political battles. Reddit represents the diametrical opposition to every belief the authentic posters here hold. You can know reddit perfectly just by reversing everything you know.
>hate black people
Reddit loves black people
>hate women
Reddit loves women
>hate gays
reddit loves gays
>hate memes
reddit loves memes.
and so on. I can fit my entire complex web of beliefs into this mold and out of the other side emerges a fully formed redditor.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.