[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is it that when a woman tries to act like a badass, it always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: url.jpg (940 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
940 KB, 2000x1000
why is it that when a woman tries to act like a badass, it always comes across as her being an insufferable bitchy cunt?
>>
She was supposed to be a bitchy cunt.
>>
>>63039995
Go watch a real show like Downtown Abbey where the strong women are neither bitchy cunts or act like males
>>
>>63039995
To be fair, Jones is supposed to be a bitch. However, the fact that she shows literally no other emotion than "detached bitchiness" it wears on you after a few episodes.

I wish writers would understand that adding a tragic backstory to a character doesn't automatically make her interesting.
>>
>>63039995
>Downtown Abbey where the strong women are neither bitchy cunts
lel wut? Those are some real bitchy cunts
>>
>>63041507
They Didnt "add" a tragic backstory. It just happend to her in the comics. The netflix show chose to set the show after killgrave fucked her up instead of right at the start with her dicking about as a happy go lucky vigelante
>>
>>63041565
In all of her flashbacks she is an unpleasant bitch. Jones is an incredible one-note character, and it gets boring.

Also, can you fucking autists stop with the "B-B-BUT THIS HAPPENED IN THE COMICS." I don't fucking care. I am judging the show based on the SHOW. Jones doesn't become a compelling character all of a sudden because of something that was written in an entirely different medium.
>>
Anna gets her husband out of jail without being a bitch, Edith looks for love and a job without acting like a cunt, Mathews mom is pretty based too
>>
>>63041540
see
>>63041774
>>
Because society and evolution have programmed you to be dismissive or even disgusted towards non-submissive women. The same applies in the inverse; a male character who doesn't like fighting is constantly called "a whiny pussy" although they have drawn less ire than the aforementioned females
>>
Your an idiot /tv/.
Maybe even a sandwich.
>>
because they always come across as women trying to be men

it's the same reason why people hate amy schumer because you know she is trying to be like those male womanizers
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.