[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this and absolutely loved it. What does /tv/ think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: 21939810.jpg (71 KB, 426x597) Image search: [Google]
21939810.jpg
71 KB, 426x597
Just finished this and absolutely loved it.
What does /tv/ think?
>>
i fucking love narcotics
>>
>mustaches: the show
also, the guy playing Pablo had a really commanding voice
>>
File: Hispanic-Computer[2].jpg (6 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
Hispanic-Computer[2].jpg
6 KB, 183x275
>tfw you find out narcos really existed
>>
LOS PEPES
>>
>>63032429
I watched Narcos right after I saw the Elite Squad duology.
Based Do Nascimiento was great in this one too.
>>
>>63032518
>show didnt end with los pepes/search bloc going after him
>>
I was wondering if those who don't know spanish can enjoy all the little touches in the dialogue since it gives you a more or less direct translation most of the time.

It's like not translating us using f a m etc
>>
Second best show of the year.
>>
File: 1442947556261.jpg (60 KB, 400x471) Image search: [Google]
1442947556261.jpg
60 KB, 400x471
Narcos would've been a great El Presidente
>>
Should have only been one season. They blew through a decade in a few episodes, there's only like 6 months left until they find and kill him.

PACING
>>
>>63033605
SPOOOOILERS
>>
File: los pepes.jpg (1 MB, 2209x1884) Image search: [Google]
los pepes.jpg
1 MB, 2209x1884
>>63032518
soon
>>
>>63033605
Yeah, because killing him led to the end of all narco traffic from South and Latin America.
The show is called "Narcos," not "Escobar."
>>
>>63033692
Do you think they'll continue the series after they get Escobar?
>>
>>63033747
why wouldn't they?
>>
>>63033764
I don't know, it just seems to be buildt up around him and not on south american drug trafficing.
>>
>>63033747
Yeah, the DEA guy even said he'll go after the other cartel leader when he's over with Pablo.
>>
very solid, but they are missing someone for the audience to identify with. escobar is obviously evil, even though he shows his good side sometimes, and the DEA agent is mostly just an asshole.

School started up again when i was at episode 6 and 3 months later i still haven't finihsed it.
>>
>>63034198
Peña was pretty cool.
>>
>>63034285
not going to argue that he wasn't "cool", but again there is no emotional connection with him.

So i'm emotionally disconnected from the story, and lose interest pretty fast
>>
File: narcos.jpg (126 KB, 400x592) Image search: [Google]
narcos.jpg
126 KB, 400x592
>>63032429
>What does /tv/ think?

Great series; good writing with nice cinematography and it gave plenty of screen time to supporting characters, instead of only focusing on the main Good/Bad Guys as one would expect.

Also, I didn't realize Oberyn Martell was the other DEA agent until half way thru.
>>
>>63034310
Yeah, no I agree, but I think you can be emotionally connected to Escobar. Not in the sense that you're cheering for him, but in the sense that you want to see this guy get what he deserves.
>>
>>63034198
I've literally never understood the "I NEED TO RELATE TO A CHARACTER TO CARE ABOUT THE STORY!!" crowd.

If the story is interesting and told well why does it matter? Why are you trying to inject yourself into this? Go write fanfic.

The only time I feel like those kinds of characters are necessary is when the story takes place in a setting completely disconnected from you, and the character acts as a bridge. Like Luke from Star Wars or the hobbits in LotR.
>>
>>63034310
Also, what this guy said>>63034373
When you see what way Escobar affected these people lives, and not just how one guy from america dislikes him.
>>
>>63033747
yeah it'll hopefully be about cali
not as crazy as escobar and all his antics
but should be interesting
>>
>>63032429
>PLATA
>O
>PLOMO
>>
Pena, Pablo and Carillo are the best characters
>>
>>63034582

It'll probably be just about the fact that despite Pablo dying, the drug war just goes on. The real life Murphy said that it was quiet for like 2 weeks after Pablo's death, then new players stepped in and the drug war continued. Just as it has continued in many other countries like Mexico and it will continue for a long time.
>>
File: Col.Carrillo.jpg (121 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Col.Carrillo.jpg
121 KB, 480x360
>>63034529
> When you see what way Escobar affected these people lives, and not just how one guy from america dislikes him.

It was a smart move by Netflix to make this show a joint Colombian / U.S. production, because if it had a been a typical U.S. tv series, important supporting characters like Col.Carrillo would have gotten only 5 seconds of screen time, while they pissed away all kinda time on irrelevant bullshit family drama between the DEA cop and his wife.
>>
Great series

My only gripe is with the accent Pablo has. As a native Spanish speaker it bugs me, you can very easily tell when someone is trying to fake an accent.
>>
>>63034862
Don't speak spanish so I don't giva fuck, but yeah, I could see how that would bee annoying.
>>
>>63034862
They used a Brazilian actor because the other Latinos americans can't act for shit, so I don't mind the accent.
>>
File: Andrew-Lincoln-Britbong.jpg (2 MB, 3906x2446) Image search: [Google]
Andrew-Lincoln-Britbong.jpg
2 MB, 3906x2446
>>63034862

Welcome to the club.
>>
>>63034862
I'm sorry tacobro, but you don't know those feels.

Try being a southerner and listening to everyone try to speak like Mcconaughey.
>>
The Murphy character is so well written and the actor that plays him is phenomenal. Best performance I've seen on TV since Gandolfini.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.