[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no one on this board talk about this show? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 320x466) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 320x466
Why does no one on this board talk about this show? It's fucking great!

>has great moments of smart humor
>lightly makes fun of procedural cop shows ironically and /tv/ tropes in general
>Bradley Cooper shows up occasionally
>generally just a fun/comfy show in general

I realize that Tuesday's currently have a lot of hype shows (especially on /co/), but in the age of streaming/DVR/OnDemand type services, there's no reason this show only gets a shit thread every once in a blue moon.
>>
>>63023820
>It's fucking great!
Nice exclamation mark and unnecessary swearing, redditboy.
>>
fuckk off
>>
Go home marketer you're drunk.
>>
>>63023927
>fuckk

>>63023928
>le go home x, you're drunk maymay

When did /tv/ become so shit?
>>
>Male-quirky
No
>>
File: A U R Y O N D.gif (48 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
A U R Y O N D.gif
48 KB, 250x250
>>63023820

WHY IS THAT OVERWEIGHT UNSHAVEN MAN WITH NO FASHION SENSIBILITY POSING AS IF HE WERE RUNNING?
>>
>>63023820
Movie was enuff
>>
File: 1412301817707.gif (742 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1412301817707.gif
742 KB, 300x169
>>63023998
Tv show is mostly comedy and a good one.
>>
>>63023820
I only saw the pilot, was it just me or do their eyes turn green?
>>
>we only use 1% of our brains, we're actually really smart, like me, i'm euphoric all the time
>>
>>63023820
Didn't like the movie
Don't care about procedural cop show references
Don't care about ironic invocation of tropes, tropes are in fact sacred to good storytelling
Don't care about comfy fun or soma
>>
>>63023820

the show was better when it was called "psych"
>>
Not OP, but I feel like the general concesus that is hating on the show hasn't even watched it or even given it a chance. It's not the best show on broadcast, but is leaps and bounds above shit like Minority Report or Quantico.

I enjoy the show, and think it had the potential to be far superior to its predecessor. I also believe it deserves a lot more credit (at least on this board) than what it has received.
>>
File: finch.jpg (94 KB, 300x399) Image search: [Google]
finch.jpg
94 KB, 300x399
was the annonymooose hacker group he talked about tonight the same one from elementary?
Think they were called 'everything' in limitless and 'everyone' in elementary?
Dont remember.

Its one of the few shows I still watch, guy that plays finch is alright and I enjoy seeing Deb and Grimms Mom again.

Tho it essentially is stoner Elementary.
>>
I've been watching and enjoying it. It hits the right points for me with the humor though sometimes it feels like its trying to hard to be young and hip.

I also like the whole NZT stuff because it lets cases be about all kinds of different things while still making sense for them to be on the case.
>>
>>63023998
It works a lot better as a TV show imo

Plus it's /co/ approved
>>
>>63024399
They retconned the movie

They explain it that the drug basically connects your entire brain at once, including the creation and recollection of memory

Example - supposedly it takes 10,000 hours of practice to become a master of something, the drug in the show would allow you to do it in 100

Hell it takes weeks for him to learn how to become a master hacker

The show is also fun as fuck and doesn't take itself seriously
Shit in this episode he gets a goddamn jetpack
>>
>>63026433
>/co/ approved
Yeah but they like Arrow...
>>
>>63024399
The "we only use 10% of our brains" statistic isn't exactly incorrect though

You use all parts of your brain, just at different times - most of the time you actually are using around 10%, but they're certain sections

For example if you're tripping balls on something your pleasure and creative sections will be lit up like fucking crazy, but your motor control and memory formation will be dead as fuck -- or if you're doing an intense exam your memory recollection will be higher -- or if you're doing a military obstacle course your motor control will be lit up -- etc

Basically, you use 100% of your brain, but usually only 10% at a time

And even that will vary wildly from like 5% to 50%
>>
>>63026476
>not liking the CW's "holy fuck they actually used the boxing glove arrow" Arrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxUskbSn8jo
>>
>people actually think Psych and Limitless are super duper similar

It's pretty clear you watched neither
>>
>>63023820
>Why does no one on this board talk about this show?
It's fucking awful.
>>
>CBS

come on
>>
>>63023886
/tv/ has a writer on staff. He posts about it from time to time.

Don't worry writerbro we enjoy it. It's a good lighthearted "flick-like" show. You can definitely draw parallels to Psych, though Psych had better character interactions.
>>
>>63023820
Because I have literally never heard of it and making a tv show out of that movie seems like a bad idea
>>
>>63023820
Its a nice series but goddamn do I hate hes dad. Seriously who the fuck does he think he is? Fucking 80 year old fucker being able to tell his son where he can and cant work. Going behind his back.

I liked his father in the beginning but now I fucking hope he dies.

Also:
>Dat ending scene

why??
>>
File: 1446072961102.png (2 MB, 802x802) Image search: [Google]
1446072961102.png
2 MB, 802x802
>>63027571
tbf Minority Report turned out to be total shit so you're not wrong in general.

>>63027600
He's a slimy Jew out to make a buck. 4chan literally writes this show you know. It looks like they're going to do silly stuff at the end of every episode. I'm fine with it...there are enough edgy tryhard grimdark shows on television right now.
>>
>>63027635
nice frog meme
>>
>>63023820
its fucking shit
>>
>>63027664
no its not
>>
>>63023820
>for the lulz

I remember that pasta about how everything trickles down to normies that is ever created here, over the course of months, years or more.

Well, this just confirms this theory. Its not a bad thing but I doubt that they will put pepe in their show any time soon.
>>
>>63027650
it's a common pepe worth only a few upboats on reddit.
>>
>>63023820
Why is he running like that autistic kid in PE?
>>
>>63023820
shitsux OP
>>
I like this show
>>
>>63027635
his dad really is a fuck, also minority report was okay at first but whoever the fuck took over after the pilot is a retard
>>
>>63028511
yeah fuck that dad of him
>>
Aye s'good, the only show I can bother keeping up with week to week at the moment apart from South Park.
>>
>>63023820

>Bradley Cooper shows up occasionally
>When he does he doesn't have his short Senator Eddie Mora hair
>Instead, lazy writer long hair and beard

FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>brian didn't fuck his boss' daughter

DROPPED
>>
>>63023820
Because it's shit. Dropped after 4 episodes, I just couldn't force myself through episode 5.
>>
>>63026092
>stoner elementary

You've got my attention
>>
>>63024025
Wait so is the promo shot in OP supposed to be bad?
>>
>>63026525

I cringed at this posy. God you and every fat bastard /co/mblr faggot should go to hell.
>>
>>63031755
>>63026092
is Elementary any good?

I heard it's nothing like BBC's Sherlock, like that it replaces Moriarty with a hot blonde who's into Sherlock?
>>
>>63023820
Some of the worst acting and editing ive ever seen in a show

yeah worse than supergirl
>>
>>63032520

The first half of S1 is rough.

Once you get to the Vinnie Jones episode, it's smooth sailing and absolutely worth watching.

>nothing like BBC's Sherlock

It's better.
>>
>>63032620
is it true about moriarty? I heard s/he's crazy and into both watson and sherlock like some kind of sexual predator
>>
>>63032662

Pretty much, though the into Watson part not really.
>>
>>63023820
>"tropes"

Stopped reading
>>
>>63032872
tropes is a legitimate term
>>
>>63023820
I'm actually like it.
>>
I liked the movie, the "comedy" in the show feels so forced and out of place half the time.
>>
>>63027600
I think it's more just the profound disappointment that Brian would keep secrets from him and then lie to his face about them.

And since he was the only person who always genuinely believed in/understood/knew Brian it hurts to find that Brian has just up and become someone who he is not (from dad's perspective.)

tl;dr standard family drama that most people go through
>>
>>63032985
>those comedic moments during and right after brian saw one guy get killed, brain talked another guy into killing his buddy, and then watched one dude get killed and then poisoned the other

he was just like DUDE NZT LMAO as all the murder happened
>>
>could have made The Pretender 2.0
>make procedural cop show instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RtlpXsl8k
>>
>>63033130
That was such a bizarrely written segment. The shift in mood was so disjointed.
>>
You can really tell the showrunner was one of the guys who worked on Elementary.

>cops are actually smart, not just sounding boards for the hero to bounce off of. They actually do their fucking jobs.

>set design is lived-in and real. It looks like an actual shitty FBI office.

>warm color palette
>>
>>63023975
>OVERWEIGHT
>>
>>63023963
>When did /tv/ become so shit?
2008/9
>>
>>63033181
From that Youtube link title I knew exactly what I was in for.

I miss comedy before political correctness. No comment about Sandler.
>>
>>63033383
I was really surprised by that scene. I guess it's the clothes he wears, but he normally looks like he's on the chubby side.
>>
>>63033390
>/tv/ become so shit in 2008/09
>a year after it was made

Spotted the newfriend making revisionist history up!

>>63023963
In 2011+, when /sp/ moved in, then /v/, then Facebook immirants from the Fappening.

Notice how this place had plenty of populated threads, then after 2012 and the explosion of Baneposting (with /sp/ coming here to shitpost and talk about their /sp/leb Reality Shows), half of the pages consist of threads with less than TEN replies?

It's true. 100% fact. Check the archives, check the catalog right now, half the threads here have less than 10 replies. It's disgusting.
>>
>>63033432
Its the comfy knits and the stubble i guess, i was a bit surprised by that too.
Then again how many shows have the leads as skinnyfat average people?
>>
>>63033432

He wears the loosest T-shirts possible to hide it.
>>
>>63033435
>making revisionist history up!
it started in 8/9 when the trolls were shitposting and reporting threads for cp. Killing off the victoria friday threads. I hate tripfags like the next guy, but they were posting great pics and actual conversations compared to the pissy anons

the pissy anons won
>>
>>63033459
Yeah definitely the whole 'Brian Finch' look at work here and good point - at least for Big Three shows.
>>
>>63033217
Deb even brought it up. He was just so DUDE NZT LMAO about all the death and destruction. And those bizarre hallucinations.
>>
File: 1447088412484.jpg (104 KB, 1440x1188) Image search: [Google]
1447088412484.jpg
104 KB, 1440x1188
I loved the movie. The show, well it's kinda boring. Worst part is dexters sister, fuck shes ugly and stupid. Okey, sure, I can handle a somewhat lighter cop show but the whole supporting cast is just a waste of airtime.

Also, as a /sci/fag i have to say, we do sometimes use something around 100% of our brain, it's generally called an epileptic seizure.
>>
>>63033325
you are almost gonna make me get into elementary

and I just started watching season 1 of Bones
>>
>>63033435
I actually prefer pedo /tv/ to what we have now
>>
>>63033588
It was an attempt to show how desensitized he had become, like he wasn't the Brian he was before, it was pretty hamfisted though.
>>
>>63033588
Oh right I forgot about that. That makes sense then. I guess it wasn't a bizarre scene, just a bad attempt at "show not tell".
>>
>>63033683
Yeah, I'm guessing it was meant to contrast his reaction to lying and getting the kid killed a few episodes ago.

I found an interview with one of the writers, and they seem to say that since NZT makes him learn fast (jacking, languages) that he just, like, grows as a person faster. Like he adjusts to killing more easily.
>>
>>63033487
That shit was still going in 2010. 2011 was the last "good" year, while dipping still low. Somewhat agree to your post.

>>63033645
At least we had original OC, threads that stayed up for DAYS (like 4-5), actual diverse topics instead of the same flavor of the week/month, generals, reality show or pleb shit (TWD, GOT, i.e. taste of /sp/), and not so much spam (like I said, currently /tv/ half of the threads have less than 10 replies (or ~14 somtimes).

My oldfriend niggas. I miss you.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.