[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fargo and True Detective Season 1 come out >Often compared,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 4
File: fargo.jpg (57 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
fargo.jpg
57 KB, 851x315
>Fargo and True Detective Season 1 come out
>Often compared, perceived to be similar in quality
>Fargo ends up winning most of the awards
>Pizzaman clearly pissed, looking to exact revenge

Fast forward

>True Detective Season 2 comes out
>piece of legitimate garbage, one of the worst things on television
>Fargo season 2 comes out
>Actually even better than season 1, improves in every way

Pizzaface is watching each and every episode, and with each and every episode he comes closer to blowing his own brains out
>>
TD 1 > Fargo 2 > TD 2 > Fargo 1

First season of Fargo was meh tier.
>>
>>63023647
I'd swap TD 2 with Fargo 1, otherwise I agree. TD season 2 was such a let down.
>>
>>Often compared, perceived to be similar in quality

The fuck? How are these shows even comparable?

Looks like you're desperately grasping for straws here

Also, TD S1 is better than both seasons of Fargo combined
>>
>>63023715
True. I gave TD 2 the edge just because of the shot of Rachel McAdams ass in the first episode.
>>
>>63023789
The scene where she talked about big dicks was also good, Casper knew this.
>>
>>63023789
>The logic of this opinion

This why you faggots are wrong when you say Fargo season 2 is good.
>>
Fargo Season 2 > Fargo Season 1 > TD Season 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TD Season 2
>>
>>63023945
>>63023945

This.
>>
I loved the idea of the first season on Fargo. Billy Bob, Martin Freeman and all of it but I just found myself bored. Just couldn't get into it.
>>
>>63023945
This is a laughable opinion. I hope you get mad upvotes on 12gag though.
>>
>>63023445
you're a niggerlover.
>>
>>63023945
you're an underaged redditor.
>>
>Fargo S1 comes out against True Detective S1
>Fargo is a superior show but is overshadowed by the overrated True Detective
>Fargo BTFOs True Detective at the awards because Pizza wanted to go up against the big boys in the drama category instead of the mini series category

>Fargo S2 comes out against The Leftovers S2
>Leftovers is better competition but Fargo S2 is still better
>Fargo still over looked

>yfw Fargo dominates the awards again
>>
TD1>F2>F1>TD2

Only real answer
>>
>episode 6
>black guy and his gang show up and shoot up the house
>switches over to other characters
>episode 7
>turns out they just skipped over that part

Why
>>
>>63023775
>The fuck? How are these shows even comparable?
Both released initially in 2014.
Both have seasonal plotlines independent of each other.
Both are crime.
>>
>>63025372
True Detective 1 wasn't even better than Fargo 1 let alone the fucking masterpiece that is Fargo 2
>>
THE EMMYS LOST
>>
i have to rewatch td 1 in order to answer properly.however, i think i enjoyed more fargo 2 than td 1 and there are 3 more episodes.
>>
>>63026112
NO SEASON SIGNED
>>
Fargo S1 > Fargo S2 = True Detective S1 > True Detective S2

T-b-h f-a-m
>>
>>63023775
They are about as comparable as it gets when talking about tv shows.
Two highly acclaimed, anthology crime series from 2014 with a second season in 2015.
Also, the first episode of Fargo's first season alone blows anything TDs first season did (except for episode 5) out of the water.
>>
>>63026146
I'd agree with this.
Partially because Fargo s2 isn't even over yet also it's looking likely to start getting on my tits by bigging up the afro head.
Him spouting random philosophies is really starting to wreck it for me. He just looks like that dodgy black comedian who no one likes inserted into a greatly cinematic backdrop.
I have other issues with the show up to now.
That would make you think I hate it, I don't, I like it a lot overall.
>>
>>63026146
This
>>
>>63024721
>>63025179
>"Waaaah, stop having an opinion different to mine!!!'

You're both faggots.
>>
>>63023647
Nuh-uh. TD1 > FARGO 2 > FARGO 1 > TD 2.

It's a sandwich.
>>
>>63023445
Please, can this fucking board stop comparing Pepsi and Coca-Cola?
It's retarded.
Thi is the level how this type of threads are boring:
http://www.caffeineinformer.com/top-10-soft-drinks
>>
>>63023647
Fargo 2 > Fargo 1 = TD 1 >>>>>>>> TD 2
>>
Fargo 2 > Fargo 1 > TD 2 > TD 1

This is the correct answer
>>
File: True Detectivechan.jpg (369 KB, 1360x2278) Image search: [Google]
True Detectivechan.jpg
369 KB, 1360x2278
>>63023445
>piece of legitimate garbage, one of the worst things on television

This could be due to two things; Pizzalatte is a one-hit-wonder who only had that one story in him, or more likely IMO, HBO demanded a second season "right NOW!" and mouse-pushing bean-counting network executives interfered in the process, until we got the predictable homogenized corporate crap industrialized Hollywood churns out nowadays.

Fargo 2 > TD 1 > Fargo 1 > > > TD 2
>>
>>63023647
kill yourself
>>
TD S1 is the most overrated show on /tv/
>>
why did they make this a tv series? seems kind of odd to randomly choose a 90s movie
>>
>>63027759

Except TD 1 wasn't a good story, it was trash material saved by great performances from good actors.

It seemed like it was going to be innovative. If they used the second half of the season to invert and deconstruct the well-trodden ground they were rehashing in the first half, I'd have been satisfied.

They weren't, though. They were just straight up selling old fish. At least they got entertaining salesmen to do it.
>>
>>63026294
>Him spouting random philosophies is really starting to wreck it for me.

Way I see it that's just part of his character, he tries to sound all deep and shit but he's just a regular hired gun.

I'll admit the way he took out the Undertaker was unexpected while still being believable. I didn't see that one coming.
>>
>>63023647

Upon rewatch Fargo1 is a much better show than TD1. Without the whodidit mystery TD is pretty mediocre.
>>
>>63028778
This, I mean, it's obvious by the way he drops his educated accent occasionally to dip into a deep urban NY drawl.
>>
This is why True Detective season 1 was good, well this and the actors.

http://lovecraftzine.com/2014/08/04/did-the-writer-of-true-detective-plagiarize-thomas-ligotti-and-others/

PIZZA IS A FUCKING PLAGIST HACK
>>
I like Fargo 1 more than 2.
>>
F2 > F1 >>>>>>>>>> TD1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TD2
>>
>>63023445
TD S02 is not superior but it's a good series.
>>
So how is Fargo even getting the go ahead for more seasons? Have yet to meet anyone irl into the show, which is a shame, because it's the first topical TV show I've gotten into for a long time.
>>
>>63030283
FX gives more shits about what critics think rather than whats popular because the masses are stupid and also sometimes it takes time for a show to go big. FX is interested in maintaining a reputation of good quality.
>>
any lewds of cancerfu?
>>
>>63030349

but Terriers..
>>
>>63023945
Hello Plebbit
>>
>>63030379
was shit
Donal Logue always was amd will always be an entertainment cancer
>>
True Detective S01 >>>>>>>> Fargo S02 >>>>>>>>>>TD S02 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fargo S01
Anything other than this is bullshit.
TD S01 is a fine example of a 10/10 TV show and Fargo S02 doesn't even come close.
Deluded Fargofags will try to deny it but are doomed to fail.
>>
Is Fargo S2 really that good or are people just memeing?

I've been holding off watching it until all the episodes are on Netflix
>>
>>63030474
It's actually quite good, but damn it' far way from being this masterpiece these fags are saying.
>>
>>63030445

>not liking Grounded for Life

who hurt you, anon

>>63030474

Try watching it maybe? and stop saying stupid shit like memeing, what does that even mean?
>>
>>63030474
its a fucking masterpiece dont listen to deniers, they might as well be flat earthers
>>
>>63030543
>It's a masterpiece and no one will tell me otherwise!!
Go back to playing videogames you fucking manchildren
>>
True Detective 1 was awful

people were just fanboying over Matt who was an oscar winner at that point and the good direction and cinematography

the writing was still pretty awful especially how it ended
>>
>>63030283
It has already been renewed for Season 3. Before Season 2 has even finished airing.

>>63030474
It's really that good. Verging on Sopranos-tier.
>>
>>63030661
>Sopranos-tier
The delusion is real
>>
>>63030592
i gave up videogames a long time ago when i was like 12, last game was The Last of Us. I've out grown that.
>>
>>63030689
>12 + (2015 - 2013)
>14
Underage, please ban
>>
why does fargo 2 have no atmosphere?

Fargo 1 was full of it, while they try to force awkward shit like transitions into fargo 2 and shit doesn't work
>>
>>63031751
You might be retarded
>>
>>63031798
great argument, i'm convinced.
>>
>>63031751
Are you physically retarded?
>>
>>63032008
are you?
>>
>>63032015
Only if it takes one to know one.

And it doesn't.
>>
>>63032036
could have just said yes
>>
For anyone who is watching S2, would you say a rewatch of S1 is recommendable?
>>
>>63032091
S2 works as a stand-alone show. Rewatch might be good for catching subtle connections, but it is by no means necessary
>>
>>63030689
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
F2>F1>TD1>TD2
the only real answer
>>
>>63026389

It's sometimes a shit sandwich, life. Sometimes your worst sandwich, is your best sandwich.

Never do anything out of hunger. Not even eating a shit sandwich.

TD1>Fargo 2>Fargo 1>TD2

Caspere knew this. No fighting what you can't change.
>>
>>63023445

Yeah, I'm sure this is how creative process works. I'm sure all of creative decisions Pizzolatto made were based on petty grievances and perceived slights. I'm sure he's a bitter, bitter man that chose a random show in the same genre and decided to start a one-sided war against it cause he's five years old.
>>
>>63023445
Fargo 2> Fargo 1> TD 1> TD2
>>
what was wrong with TD Season 2?
>>
File: vince_vaughn_hot_dog_5.jpg (113 KB, 530x795) Image search: [Google]
vince_vaughn_hot_dog_5.jpg
113 KB, 530x795
>>63032210

>I live among you....well disguised.
>>
>>63032230
Colin Farrell is a shit actor.
>>
>>63031418
>>63032128
giving up videogames doesnt mean i havent played a game here or there. im not 14!!!
>>
>>63032300
Glad someone agrees, he has always been shit
>>
>>63025179
>>63030413
reddit actually loved the second season you faggots. literally every post on the subreddit was "stop complaining about this season please".
>>
>>63032230
Lack of narrative focus. The episodes felt all over the place and it didn't seem like there was a clear direction the story was heading. Pizza should have focused on Knives and Velcro and their investigation. Vince Vaughn and Officer Notgay's characters seemed very unnecessary.
>>
>>63032230

Pizza wanted to write a James Ellroy novel but didn't realize how tough it was.

And I liked S2 for being blatant Ellroy fanboysim, from the structure to the over-cooked pulp dialogue to the POV style to the themes. But he's not Ellroy, he can't make the ridiculous shit that man puts down sing the way JE can.
>>
>>63032230
Nothing, sometimes your worst season is your best season.

Plebs don't understand that though.
>>
>>63032230
Nothing wrong. Nothing great as well.
>>
TD1 > TD2 > Fargo 2 >Fargo 1
This is the patrician option, Fargo fanboys have no idea of artistic, anyone ho disagrees has shit taste
>>
To those saying that the first season of true detective was good. Remember the second half of the season went to shit whereas fargo was consistent and good through out
>>
TD2 is very underrated imo tbph
>>
I don't understand how anyone would want to watch a show with such a bad name as true detective honestly. it's like some generic show-within-a-show name. why couldn''t they think of a better name? what's wrong with them?
>>
>>63030540

"memeing is stupid shit that doesn't mean anything" is a stupid meme though senpai

I'll wait until the entire second season is on Netflix, if it's as good as everyone implies it is I'll be doing myself a favor in the long run. Waiting a week for new a new episode is a personal hell reserved solely for shows like Ash vs Evil dead and Game of Thrones.

Dec 15th isn't that far away anyway.
>>
>>63032252
Fucking lol
>>
>>63023647
TD 2 > Fargo 1

Stop posting.
>>
>>63023647
Anyone whose ranking doesn't end with >>>>>>>>>>>>>>TD 2 is a liar or is actually pizza himself
>>
File: 1440934193880.png (1 MB, 1257x785) Image search: [Google]
1440934193880.png
1 MB, 1257x785
>>63023647
>>63033788
>>63033375
>>
>>63030379
Was on Wednesdays at 10PM.

You can't fight South Park and win. Especially during sweeps.

I'm thinking some executive got buttmad behind the scenes and doomed it to that time slot.
>>
>>63032252
I feel like a hot dog without any mustard. Hell, I don't even know if I've got a bun anymore. Now tell me ray, who's gonna eat me at a ball game now?
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.