[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i've only seen the first two movies but i was shocked by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
i've only seen the first two movies but i was shocked by how much i enjoyed this, it was basically half-life 2 the movie
>>
>>63020827
Eh, I didn't enjoy any of the ones that preceded it, but I'll probably give this a shot anyhow.

That stupid fucking Ford commercial gives me more reason to just discard it than anything else.
>>
Sound design was pretty sweet
>>
>>63021791

Literally what does that even mean

>>63020827

Why did you miss out on the third but still checked out the last installment?
>>
kill yourself
>>
fuck off and stop shilling this shallow teenage garbage
>>
File: 1366870018921.jpg (16 KB, 163x182) Image search: [Google]
1366870018921.jpg
16 KB, 163x182
theres 3 movies before this

which one did you skip and werent you confused?
>>
>>63020827

Did she ever wear that red outfit during the movie?

This bugged me.
>>
>>63020827
I like the first movie. It's content fits its styles.

The other movies feel too expensive

My exact the same feeling for twilight series.
>>
I've haven't seen it, but what a cool fucking poster.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1645x2500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1645x2500
>>63022035
I like this one better
>>
>The Hunger Games
It was ok. Not amazing, but at least it felt like fresh, original material. It wasn't, because it was based on a book, but whatever. It felt nice.

>Catching Fire
Pretty much the same exact movie as the first one, except everything's more EXTREME. The scenes where they're in the actual games are ruined by the fact that it's not really just a test of survival skills anymore. It's full-blown action where the people monitoring the games are doing everything in their power to kill Katniss.

>Mockingjay: Part 1
Boring as shit. Literally nothing happens for the entire movie. A few laughably bad scenes like the ballroom scene and the part where all the resistance guys are rushing the armed guards and getting absolutely nowhere because district 13 won't provide them with weapons for some reason. I liked the very last bit where Peeta strangles Katniss, but other than that, this movie had nothing for me.

>Mockingjay: Part 2
I'm very glad somebody forced me to see this one, because otherwise I probably wouldn't have. This movie was great. Easily the best of this terrible series. The whole thing feels like a "Saving Private Ryan"-type of movie with the small group of main characters infiltrating this city and avoiding mines and traps. There's actual emotion and things happening. There are so many things happening, which is completely unlike Mockingjay: Part 1. The tiger lady was so fucking weird that I even loved that. I honestly have very few complaints about Mockingjay: Part 2. The only thing I wish they did differently was the very last scene. When Peeta asks Katniss if her loving him is real and she says yes, that should be the end of the movie. Fade to black right there, cut to credits. Instead, we got one more retarded scene where we have to see Katniss and Peeta's kids. Other than that, I loved the movie.
>>
I went and saw it just because I had seen all the others, even though the 3rd was pretty disappointing. I thought it was decent. I saw the "twist" coming a mile away (like saw it coming last movie) but I still liked the narrative and honestly it wasn't one I've really seen done. It was fun though for sure.

1>2=4>>>>3 imo
>>
did she show her butthole in this one?
>>
First movie:

TV movie grade effects and music. Bare to the bones story. Stereotypical characters. Simple and direct.

Second movie onward: bigger names onboard. Expensive effects and photography in every shot. You feel they try to add meat on the bones.

But sorry. It just doesn't concern me. It's like in Matrix Reloaded they show you there is a place called Zion and burn it down in a spectacular epic battle in Revolution but you just don't care about that place
>>
>>63022189

> Instead, we got one more retarded scene where we have to see Katniss and Peeta's kids

It was better in the book, I think. Just described their children running through the fields where her neighbors' bodies lay buried while she narrates voicelessly.

Her actually speaking ruined it for the most part in the film. I would have finished with a short, simple shot of Katniss and Peeta sitting at a porch, back to the camera, while the kids played a ways away. That, or had it be an internal monologue.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-24-22-01-23.png (190 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-24-22-01-23.png
190 KB, 1440x2560
>>63020827
Shill
>>
It was also padded, filled with trash dialogue, cringe inducing slow scenes with the characters sitting around and moping, and Lawrence's shit acting. Should've been half a movie.
>>
>>63021909
Once, and she gets shot in it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3900x5850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3900x5850
>>63022035
Pisses me off how the YA franchises get all the cool posters.

Divergent Series in particular has no right to that shit.
>>
>>63022982
>Illuminati

Guess that proves the fappening really was punishment for JLaw, to break her career. Her Oscar fall was only the beginning. They needed to humiliate her with that fall. And they finished it with the fappening. Every film she's done since has bombed at the box office, or performed well below expectations, critically and commercially. Her time as an actress is done.

I wonder what she did to piss them off.
>>
>>63023530
I wouldn't be so sure. She looks like she'll be getting a free ride from David O. Russel with Joy.

I've never understood how his movies get called "genre-bending", by the way. They're all relatively straightforward: SLP is a romance, AH is a crime story, and Joy looks like it'll be a "rise to fame" sorta deal.
>>
If you enjoyed it, good for you.

I gave it 3/10, myself. Not abysmal, but below average.

I don't really see how it was anything like Half-Life 2 outside of the dystopian setting.
>>
Just got back from it and it wasn't good but wasn't shit. It was just ok.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.