[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw your favorite Wes Anderson film is the one everybody hates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 530x289) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 530x289
>tfw your favorite Wes Anderson film is the one everybody hates
>>
Bottle rocket > Rushmore > Life Aquatic = Tenenbaums = Darjeeling

Those are his films I like. Budapest was way too wacky and slapstick, not enough "real" or sad moments
>>
>>63016485
that one is my favorite too. Owen Wilson was at his best.
>>
>>63016485
This one is tied for my favorite alongside Moonrise Kingdom. The Indian setting and music is fantastic.
>>
>>63016526
>Bottle Rocket being anyones favorite

This is an easy way to tell when someone is a hipster try hard. I love Wes Anderson but I know that Bottle Rocket is far from his best.
>>
>>63016657
It's scorsese's favorite film and one of godard's favorite American films.
>>
>>63016657
Bottle rocket is the least pretentious thing ever. It's not "hipster" (whatever that means)
>>
>>63016526
>Budapest was way too wacky and slapstick, not enough "real" or sad moments
I thought the movie pulled it off, especially with the ending. The key is that nothing in the movie really happened like it shows. Not in a Fight Club way, but its an old man looking back on the one briefly blissful time in his life. He spins murder and conspiracies and political upheaval into a wacky caper story, but its just the small period before his best friend was murdered and his young wife dies.
Note how all the 70s and present set scenes are shot without Wes's usual style. All that cutesy stuff only exists in his memories. Real life is/was nothing like that.
>>
>>63016753
>scorsese's favorite film
I hope you don't mean favorite ever, or even favorite Wes Anderson film. He said he really liked it back in 96. Thats all. I've never read his comments on another that he may have liked more
>>
>>63016657
i watched bottle rockets on vhs when it first came out on video
>>
>>63016657
Nah senpai, you can tell someone is a tryhard when Darjeeling limited is this favorite.

Literally any other movie is an acceptable favorite. (Royal Tennenbaums is GOAT tho)
>>
>>63016485
Definitely not my favorite and I think it falls off steeply towards the end when they meet up with their mom, but its great. Perfectly captures the whole brotherly relationship, actually reminds me a lot of me and my brothers.
>tfw I'm jason schwartzman but I will never spend a night in the Hotel Chevalier with Hershlag
>>
>>63016657
>everyone who enjoys a film must be a hipster trying to impress others

Reddit, please go.
>>
>>63016947
At least admit Hotel Chevalier is one of Wes' best works.

Also I agree the last act of Darjeeling is shallow, but I love the ending shot. Super comfy and sleepy.
>>
don't worry friend
its his only good one too
>>
>>63016657
Don't worry m8. I agree with you. It's just like people saying Jackie Brown is Tarantino's best.
>>
>>63016947
Royal tennenbaums is good if you like general hospital. Shirt tier drama.
>>
>>63017081
>Tenenbaums

>Drama

....What? It's a tragicomedy
>>
>>63016947
Yes I agree, I will even rank them:

Rushmore
Royal Tenembaums
Bottle Rocket
Fantastic Mr. Fox
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Moonrise Kingdom
Life Aquatic
Darjeeling Lmtd
>>
>>63017205
It tried wayyyyy too hard. It's shit.
>>
>>63017355
To be funny? Sad?
>>
literally reddit: the thread
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b87B7zyucgI

what about this fellow short film here
>>
Tenenbaums = Rushmore > Life Aquatic = Darjeeling > Bottle Rocket

haven't seen anything else
>>
>>63016485
I seem to be the only one that hates Rushmore
>>
>>63016485
The only film of his that I genuinely dislike.
>>
>tfw only like Moonrise Kingdom and Grand Budapest

I genuinely love both films and have seen both twice, but I've never been able to get through any of his other movies.
>>
my friends ask me why I like his movies but I can't really explain it other than they make me feel kinda sad but pretty happy and hopeful by the end

does that make me a hipster?
>>
I like:
Bottle Rocket
Life Aquatic
Darjeeling Limited
Tenenbaums
Mr. Fox

I dislike:
Moonrise Kingdom
Rushmore
Grand Budapest Hotel

His shtick is starting to wear thin.
>>
>all this Budapest Hotel h8
give it a few years
>>
I love this one.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.