[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he do the right thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Did he do the right thing?
>>
desu senpai idk
>>
Only white people have to wonder that
>>
>>63014398
Any violent action taken against the white menace is the right thing
>>
>>63014478
>Lee says he has been asked many times over the years if Mookie did the right thing. Then he observes: “Not one person of color has ever asked me that question.”
That doesn't mean that he did, though. That only means that black people are afraid to ask that question because they'll be labeled as whitey lovers or some shit
>>
File: 1448117193184.jpg (149 KB, 590x639) Image search: [Google]
1448117193184.jpg
149 KB, 590x639
>>63014549
>>
>>63014398
Spike Lee did the right thing when he stopped making movies.
>>
>>63015130
DDRT and 25th Hour are both excellent
I didn't enjoy Malcolm X though
>>
>>63014550
Or maybe as black people it's easier for them to sympathize with Mookie's struggles and they think he did the right thing? Are you really that thick?
>>
>>63015435
What struggles? Dude's always late. Disrespects boss. Still gets paid even if he had a hand in burning down the business. Sal should've dragged Mookie behind his car around Brooklyn.
>>
>>63015435
Spike pls. Go back to masturbating to CCTV footage of white people getting killed that you bought from the black market.
>>
>>63015190
Malcolm X is probably a revisionistic steaming pile of shit anyway.
>>
Would anyone be asking that if it wasn't the title of the film?
>>
>>63015587
I quite like Malcolm X, haven't seen 25th Hour yet.

Malcolm X follows the Autobiography of Malcolm X by Alex Haley quite faithfully, but the accuracy of that book is itself disputed from what I understand
>>
>>63014398
he didn't do nuffin
>>
>>63015587
I don't think it was too inaccurate, but there is an uncomfortable part where Malcolm learns about NOI in jail that features a big rising score as he is told about the superiority of blacks over whites.
>>
>>63015694
I assume it glorifies him and skips all the scummy parts of his life and makes him out to be this decent person he never was. That's not uncommon with the establishments all over the world.
>>
>>63015763
Malcolm X was racist towards whites and was actually a black supremacist, had ties with Black Panthers and everything. If you dig into it a little bit you'll know. And it's not some conspiracy or bro history, or whatever the fuck you want it to be. You people on the West are so complacent with brainwashing. God. And yes, I have to say it. I'm tired of putting up with your leftarded shit everywhere.
>>
>>63015435
>Burn down your boss's business.
>Have the balls to demand your paycheck.

N I G G E R
>>
>>63015772
The movie doesn't try to make him a perfect person in the cheesy way you would imagine, but I wish it starred someone other than Denzel Washington. He was cast in so many movies as a good guy that I can't really think of him as someone else.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.