[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This needs to be made into a movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 26
File: 1400385172627.jpg (323 KB, 1200x1440) Image search: [Google]
1400385172627.jpg
323 KB, 1200x1440
This needs to be made into a movie
>>
>where we're going, we won't need eyes to see
>>
>>63012086

Event Horizon
>>
What edgemeister wrote this?
>>
Sounds pretty edgy.
>>
>>63012579
>>63012585
That is 40k in a nutshell desu
>>
File: 1362105822911.png (95 KB, 194x204) Image search: [Google]
1362105822911.png
95 KB, 194x204
>>63012086
>"at that time 12000 slaves who have never seen the outside of the work galley begins shoveling in the dead bodies of the previous workers..."

so these guys have lived their whole lives in this work galley thing, assuming just on that one ship, and apparently die often enough to have a notable amount of bodies being shoveled into a furnace? 12000 isnt that many people, they would run out pretty quickly, seems incredibly inefficient. Where do they get new slaves to power said "furnace"? Thew slave market? So the slaves HAVE seen things outside this work galley? Also a fucking furnace trying to power a warp drive or some shit that can benefit from bodies being thrown into it is retarded. Do they have these coal like slots to put in this "hard fuel" because it sounds like the amount of power needed to generate this warp drive would take some nuclear levels of heat which would just incinerate anyone who opened the retarded coal/body furnace door.

Why do they allow a mentally traumatized man chart a course through some 4D assfuckery dimension? That seems beyond retarded.

>"Alright, start the warp jump and just pray to god that Charles Manson up there follows our suggested path!"

>"and fuck with humanity by the luxury of simply existing"
>Fedora tips itself

>"The ship then ploughs into the miasma of what you could call Hell if you lacked imagination"
>katana unsheathes itself

"so much pure CANNOT BE"
good goy

>"8000 year old vessel (which no one actually understand completely how to work) "

Ah yes, I read this line in the book "How to Write Lore for the Autistic"

>"RAPE/LEMON JUICE"
I wont even exert the effort

>"you literately cannot imagine"
only if you are unimaginative

>"I mean that. The very notion of understanding the completeness of the horror of the human victims will be witness to would shatter your perception of reality and cause your head to explode"
more so than just reading that sentence?

Welcome to 40k senpai san san
>>
>>63012579
That's just how it is
>>
>>63013170
Indeed this shit sounds retarded. Someone told me that the 40k universe is "infinitely better than star wars". From what I've heard it only sounds infinitely edgier
>>
File: 1437034728571.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1437034728571.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>63012556
idk why OP is so retard or if this is a bait thread
>>
>>63014368
If killing heretics is edgy I don't want to be smooth
>>
>>63012086
>>
File: 1443045755032.jpg (658 KB, 1560x1059) Image search: [Google]
1443045755032.jpg
658 KB, 1560x1059
>>63013170
All true.

Eisenhorn or Ravenor would make great shows though.
>>
>>63014424
What?
>>
>>63012585
/tg/ here.

It is.

That's why it's awesome.
>>
File: 00074292.jpg (737 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
00074292.jpg
737 KB, 1280x960
>>63012086
No, it doesn't.

Keep your fucking kike mits off my goddamned warhammer

jews would turn it into nigger wars and it would be a endless trilogy of race mixing sjw's fighting across the universe for tolerance and diversity against ebil white-T

fuck that shit
>>
>>63013133
>>63013814
people exaggerate the edginess of 40k though

if the entire Imperial Guard was made up of dumbass generals who just threw bodies at the enemy and had no sense of tactics the Imperium would have fallen a long time ago
>>
>>63014802
>people exaggerate the edginess of 40k
THERE'S A LITERAL GOD OF RAPE.
>>
40K should never be made into a movie.

But seeing that even warcraft was made into one its only a matter of time i guess..

40K is clunky, irrational, filled with stupid fedora-tipping one -liners and casual edginess.
The posterboys and obvious protagonists of 40k are the superhuman space marines and focusing a movie on them will inevitably lead to a videogamish, slo-mo laced and overall a jarring and overwhelming clusterfuck.

The only way to make it interesting is to film it from the perspective of a normal human. Maybe a guardsman. He would see marines as the terrifying demigods they are supposed to be. The movie should in no case focus on the marines or it will kill their mystery.

But knowing that marines make the most money then yeah: It gonna be another pacific rim/transformers.
>>
>>63014861
You haven't lived until you've been to a slanesh orgy.
>>
I see images like that posted sometimes, and I think yes, I do like things that edgy as guilty pleasures. Where do I read watch about it? I thought it was a board game where you paint your own figures, which sounds more like a fun arts and crafts kinda thing.
>>
>>63014953
>Where do I read watch about it?
>>>/tg/
>>
I just want an Sisters of Battle movie with cute grills grilling aliens all day
>>
>>63014861
Saying Slaanesh is a "God of rape" is like saying Nurgle is a "God of the Flu". Slaanesh is the god of debauchery and excess. Of pleasure, mostly. Likewise, Nurgle is the god of all illnesses - and/or of hopelessness. The inevitability of death.

Anyway, it's not THAT edgy. Sure, some parts are way, way up its own asshole, but the book series Gaunt's Ghosts, at least as far as I've read, is like a regular war novel, except they're often fighting against magically corrupted forces.

The Night Lord books are sorta edgy though, I'll give you that.

But the word "edgy" is used for fucking everything at this point. It's really just a word for "shit I don't like".
>>
>>63013170
don't think about it,

drink in the edge, savor it.
>>
>>63014918
Most people don't leave those alive.
>>
>>63015015
Well yeah, the Night Lords are intentionally the "edgy" legion.

Dark Eldar are even worse.
>>
>>63013170
They grow the slaves. Clones and slaves.

Also, you're an idiot.
>>
>>63012086
Everything 40k turns to shit on film. It sucks, but it is true.
>>
>in middle school a long time ago
>get into 40K through my brother who, oddly enough, was more into sports than anything
>enjoy assembling the painting the space marines, reading all of the crap that OP's pic describes
>decide to play a game at Games Workshop
>Mom drops me off
>this 30 something guy comes in to play a 7th grade me
>"okay, bro. let's make this fast. i gotta get back to my bar."
>alright
>his pieces look like shit. he's done the literal bare minimum to make his figures eligible for tournament play
>"roll to move. ohhh. roll to shoot. ohhhh. roll to hit. ohhhh. roll to penetrate. ohhhhh"
>nearly a hundred dice rolls on the first turn
>two thirds of army is wiped out
>make a half-assed attempt at this guy's army
>within fifteen minutes the game is done and i've been decimated
>realize how much fucking time and money i wasted
>put them away and never play with them again until i sold them, on ebay, twelve years later
>>
>>63015015

Man gaunt's ghost was good

Did you also like the 30k series? I think that's what it was called. It was about the horus heresy.
>>
>>63012086
This is a load of bullshit really.
>12000 slaves
Only on the fuckhuge ships like emperor class ones, and even then they're mostly criminals or unlucky drunkards that were shanghaied. Compared to prisons today and the old practice of recruiting sailors it's not all that bad really.

>shovelling corpses and furnaces
Yeah, nah. The tech required to create the generators that power these ships and their weaponry was lost and is so advanced and so precious that there's never been an attempt to break one down to figure out how to recreate it again.

>A FUCK YOU field
More like a field of...completely nothing. It's a bubble of real space that protects ships from the warp, it's defensive not offensive.

>blind mental guy screaming
Astropaths don't pilot the ships, they're signallers that send messages to other astropaths telepathically. They can go a bit mental through the process to create them, but they're normally quiet reserved people that can deal with being in the warp just the same as any other psyker (quite well).
Navigators are the guys that pilot the ships really, and they do it through going into a zen like state of meditation as they feel their way through the raw emotion that makes up the warp. It's actually quite a nice idea and completely stolen from dune. They're just normal humans with a third eye on their forehead.

>Shit going wrong
Yeah, if things fuck up then there can be serious consequences, but there are other counter measures in there if the gellar field does go down and 99.99% of the time everything goes as planned. If it was that unsafe no one would use it at all, not even the imperium.

40k is grimdark as fuck don't get me wrong, but this is just wankery.
>>
File: yhsbhzjzs.jpg (24 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
yhsbhzjzs.jpg
24 KB, 313x470
>>63014754
>>
>>63015348
I love many of the HH books, but they're hated by many for their supposed shitty writing. I really didn't think so, but I only notice when it's noticeably shitty writing. The stories told were good, for the most part, regardless of writing style.

I can recommend the Blood Angel books. There are three of them I believe. The Space Wolf books are also good - some of them even pretty damn funny. The Night Lords books are also cool.

I love the entire universe of the 40k franchise really, but I'm a huge sucker for humanity waging war in space against all kinds of shit.
>>
>>63015264
Probably a pedo. Wanted to have sex with kids, but had to settle with raping them in table top games.

Should've been castrated on the spot.
>>
>>63015428
Yeah, yeah, I sound fedora as fuck, but hear me out.

You ever taken a deeper look at some weird Internet community out of morbid curiosity? And what you saw was terrifying in a million ways, yet you couldn't bring yourself to leave?

Ever watched that video where the guy was all like "DON'T WATCH AN ANIME CALLED BOKU" because "shit was so fucked up on so many levels and yet I COULDN'T STOP WATCHING"?

40k is this phenomenon taken to its logical conclusion. You happen to find a bit of lore offhand; immediately, you think "wait, what the actual FUCK?!?" And yet, you find it piques your curiosity. So you go to look up more, and every little tidbit you find elicits that very same reaction, in turn pulling you deeper and deeper into the nightmarish abyss that is The Grim Darkness Of The Far Future (Where There Is Only War).

Before you know it, you're spending half your income on plastic army men to simulate ultra-simplified sci-fantasy combat with neckbearded virgins.
>>
>>63015701
The justification for your interest in 40k is so warped the Commissar just wiped out your entire squad - just to be sure.
>>
>>63015015
Gaunt's Ghosts and Ciaphas Cain are amongst the better 40k novels because they try to put a realistic spin on 40k

yes, it's grim, and a lot of people die, and the enemies of man are some of the worst inconceivable horrors imaginable, but it shows that there is some genuine valor and heart on the battlefield, and when commanded properly, the Imperial Guard is a competent fighting force

if the Guard was really this incompetent mess where generals just threw bodies into the meat grinder like edgy faglords pretend it is Cadia would have fallen milennia ago and the tyranids would have overrun everybody because you can't beat the bugs with sheer nmbers
>>
sounds gay
>>
>>63015866
>a franchise all about fuckhueg, ultra-muscular super-soldiers with an obsession with brotherhood is kinda gay
Whodathunk?
>>
File: 1405574518393.png (169 KB, 358x369) Image search: [Google]
1405574518393.png
169 KB, 358x369
>>63015158
Daww its okay, did I hurt desu senpai hentais 40k lore feelings? ill kiss the boo boos alllllllll better
>>
>>63012086

If the odds are so terrible of getting anywhere without dying, how in the hell do the ships last to be 8000 years old
>>
>>63015857

The rules are really different now from 4th/5th edition, right? There's formations or something? Is that like in fantasy or is it just special rules?

Is it worth getting back into compared to how it used to be, is it better, and are the nids/tau good and fun?
>>
>>63015857
Well, there's a metric fuckload of humans, so you can be pretty fucking liberal with casualties. There is always more flesh to throw at the enemy.

It's cool to think of the Guard - regular dudes - usually doing the heavy lifting in battles. At least as I see it, the Astartes for instance might be the needle in the heart of the enemy, but the Guard breaks his back and mops up afterwards. They're the only ones who can really fight protracted wars that are absolutely inevitable. Just look at wars today with insurgents and shit. Across entire planets, such wars could and would last generations. No Astartes is going to waste time hunting down each and every insurgent out there.

Maybe I have a flawed view of how shit is, but the Guard is still cool in its own cruel, careless, and unscrupulous way.
>>
>>63015955
Do not try to make sense of 40k lore. Just don't. Your brain is incapable of comprehending such madness and you will inevitably find yourself slipping further into insanity.
>>
>>63016020
sounds gay then
>>
>>63015955
Firstly, that picture is not very close to what most authors write about. Secondly, there's a DICKload of ships out there. Thirdly, sometimes ships might vanish in the warp and come back before they took off (yes, the warp is stupid like that), or they might emerge 1000 years after they left, entering a fairly different (but not that different, because humanity isn't advancing - it's only JUST holding on) universe.

Lastly, they built some real' fuckin' sturdy ships back in the day. The engineers and mechanics only really have scraps of the maintenance manual available, yet the ships churn on regardless, because the organisation that built them knew their shit.
>>
>>63015981
There's only about a million Astartes for the untold trillions of guardsmen, so realistically the Guard is doing like, 98% of the fighting. We only see a lot of Space Marines because they're Games Workshop and Matt Ward's favorite faction and the face of the marketing
>>
>>63016162
>We only see a lot of Space Marines because they're Games Workshop and Matt Ward's favorite faction and the face of the marketing
And because they're rad as FUCK man. You have to admit super post-human soldiers is and has always been cool.
>>
So who's /tv/'s 40k husbando? I always liked Psychotic Space Batman
>>
File: 1346243623765.png (78 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1346243623765.png
78 KB, 267x200
Daily reminder that 40K is made for losers who are afraid of growing up and devoting themselves to something mature and take solace in something that doesn't expect them to have adult taste.
>>
>>63016338
Sanguinius is the objectively correct answer family, and is widely agreed upon by all of /tg/
>>
>>63015264

Get good faggot
>>
File: primarchs.jpg (433 KB, 1019x784) Image search: [Google]
primarchs.jpg
433 KB, 1019x784
>>63016338
I like Lion. He didn't do anything wrong but trust people too much.
>>
>>63016338
Anything other than the Emperor (pbuh) is heresy
>>
>>63017543
Why would I husbando a corpse?
>>
warhammer is seriously the most autistic fucking thing in existence
>>
>>63012086
>8/10ths

Cmon man
>>
>>63017425

>Magnus did nothing wrong

BZZT
WRONG FAGGOT
MAGNUS DID EVERYTHING WRONG

Ahriman was the one that did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1418241100974.gif (1 MB, 410x512) Image search: [Google]
1418241100974.gif
1 MB, 410x512
>typical warhammer fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4jJRhHJYlg

Same guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ36huw50yM
>>
>>63017930
That's not how you spell "My Little Pony"
>>
>>63018094
MLP is targeted to little girls, bronies are just a byproduct of it

warhammer is not
>>
>>63018151
I hear they're starting to cater to adults too, using tons of references to old shit that little girls wouldn't know about.

Could be wrong, I don't watch it.
>>
>>63018151
And yet MLP's fanbase manages to be the more autistic of the two.
>>
>>63018151
>>63018200
>target audience of 40k is adult
>surprised that the adults who watch a show with a target audience of little girls is more autistic
Presumably, sports fans are also less autistic than adults who watch MLP (I'd use another children's show for the analogy, but I'm not exactly up to date on that shit).
>>
>>63018289

I dunno, sports fans are pretty fucking autistic. They're the type of people who try to literally burn down a city if their team loses.
>>
>>63018426
Different kind of autism entirely.
>>
File: nothing wrong i say.jpg (664 KB, 1022x1400) Image search: [Google]
nothing wrong i say.jpg
664 KB, 1022x1400
>>63018016
NOTHING
O
T
H
I
N
G

WRONG
R
O
N
G
>>
>>63018675

Autism is autism. Sports fans also refer to teams they are not part of as "We."
>>
>>63018780
You're equating every single fan of something with autists. When everyone's an autist, no one's an autist.

Grown ass men who collect miniature ponies and watch a show made for children are way, way fucking more autist than adults who enjoy watching a sport.
>>
Its extremely over the top sci-fi that was basically grown and added to by nerds trying to one up each other in 'lore' and make their own super crazy alien/god beings. In my mind its no different from Dr. Who except I haven't heard mention of time travel and there's no protagonist its just all war, all the time.
If you go to /a/ you'll find that people to this day still argue daily over which Nasuverse character could beat another nasuverse character. We're basically doing that thing you see young boys doing when they play with action figures and imagining how awesome it would be to deploy weapons that make nukes looks like toys and enemies that invade and pervert your every notion of reality.
Edge isn't the point, it never was. Its just us playing out our primal instincts to fight for our lives.
>>
Ive never known somebody who was into warhammer who was not autistic and funny-smelling.
>>
>>63014756

You forget there are no black people in 40k. Even the Salamanders are just whites in permanent Blackface.
>>
>>63012585

40k blurs the line between serious and tongue in cheek.

Everything is so edgy and overblown, it actually becomes funny.
>>
>>63014861
You don't consider Elder Scrolls edgy do you
>>
File: 1443902295346.jpg (50 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1443902295346.jpg
50 KB, 512x397
>>>/tg/
>>
>>63019104
Emperor himself is sandniggers
>>
>>63016020
Why do you talk like that?
>>
>>63019387
Hey, you keep Baneposting and Star Trek threads off our board, we'll keep 40k off yours.
>>
>>63019692

Baneposting is everywhere though. There is not a corner of 4chan where Bane hasn't been.
>>
>>63019153

This.

People turned off by its edginess are taking it way to seriously.
>>
>>63014971
Never recommend Zombie /tg/

>>63014953
I was interested in the table top for the same reasons, but I thought the prices were too much to justify it. Read up before you start. I was introduced to the setting through the early-aughts video games, which are very good and a decent place to jump in if you're willing to fill in the blanks in your head. From there, the wiki at Lexicanum is a good place to begin reading to fill yourself in. From there, get pdfs of books you're interested in, fiction or rulebook.
>>
>>63015363
>A FUCK YOU field

its a void shield m8, not a real space bubble
>>
File: 1435788279116.jpg (442 KB, 1280x755) Image search: [Google]
1435788279116.jpg
442 KB, 1280x755
>>63021358
It's a Gellar Field friend. Void Shields protect a war machine from harm. Gellar fields drag a bubble of reality into the warp and draw it around the ship to protect it from deamons and soul rape.
>>
File: 5_00.17.22.jpg (77 KB, 755x878) Image search: [Google]
5_00.17.22.jpg
77 KB, 755x878
>>
>>63021523

It's some newfriend discovering 40k for the first time.

For a better topic, what would make a good 40k movie? Imperial guard regiment, maybe a gaunt's ghost adaption? Maybe the orks vs the nids, in a constant battle of evolution? The Horus Heresy? Grey knights deal with heresy?
>>
File: 1446700313467.jpg (509 KB, 990x1227) Image search: [Google]
1446700313467.jpg
509 KB, 990x1227
>>63021560
Oh goodly God, no Spess Muhreens, no Cartoon Raciss Orks, and no hurr durr Church parallel inquisitorial stuff.

It must be guardsmen. Guardsmen aboard ships, guardsmen landing on a planet, and guardsmen fighting other guardsmen with spiky bits.

Titans legions and Ecclesiarchy and 'For the Emprah' are probably just manageable.

It would certainly be difficult to try to show off the 40k universe without revealing all the Grimderp/Cartoonity
>>
I love WH40k.
Reading the fluff on the wikis is like reading an awesome science fiction book. 40k is best consumed as something to read, though, especially when combined with good artwork like >>63021484

So far none of the game or movie attempts have really come close to capturing the grand scale of the universe as it is described in text. 40k always seems best when left to the imagination.

That said, I've never wanted to play the board game, and I really only have binge-read through a bunch of articles from the two main 40k wikis back around 2011, but I was addicted as fuck to reading said wikis when I was into it. Has anything really changed since then with the fluff?
>>
>tfw no stats for Adeptus Custodes
>>
>>63017425

>implying that the alpha legion is actually chaos and not just trolling
>>
>>63014802

It's in the process of falling. Imperium's recent mistake is throwing bajillion dudes at the Tau at a time they should be fighting Chaos for no other reason than REMOVE XENOS KEBAB.
>>
>>63018016

>Magnus who's only crime was trying to get into touch with his deadbeat dad
>Wrong
>Ahriman who did nothing other than turn his entire chapter into robots and fail miserably everytime he tried to fix it
>Right
>>
>>63023412
>mfw Shadowsun killed a chapter master
>>
File: 40kTV.jpg (976 KB, 994x3404) Image search: [Google]
40kTV.jpg
976 KB, 994x3404
>>
>>63015648
The first 5 or so HH novels were pretty solid and each book followed the previous as it should be. Now the books are splintered into many different areas following different characters barely moving the main story forward.
At this rate it will take years for the story to reach the siege of terra.
>>
>>63012086
literally nothing but edgy
>>
>>63025743
Yeah why not but too many characters to keep up with
>>
>>63012086
They made that terrible one about the ultrasmurfs.
>>
>>63012086

So 40k was supposed to be satire, but somewhere along the way, it was taken over by edgelords and nerds?

See, this doesn't impress me much because it's nothing much more than a sci-fi trope + lots of hyperbole. I can't quite relate to these slaves or crew members because they don't exist. This is kind of the equivalent of saying "imagine billions of trillions of people fucking died overnight. How tragic is that? Huh?".

What I'm saying is that anyone can write this.
>>
>>63015264
>I lost, even though I paint better
>Therefore the game is bad

This is either bait or you are the embodiment of the asshurt /r9k/ turdmaster stereotype.
>>
>>63016563
>Taste
>expected of

Jesus christ, you couldn't sound more /mu/ or /lit/ if you wanted to. When you actually grow up, you'll realize nobody gives a shit about you or your precious, carefully groomed "taste".
>>
>this thread
40k is such cringeworthy trash. kill yourselves.
>>
Reminds me of H.P. Lovecraft.

"The monster was so scary that I can't even describe it. It's unimaginable"

Lel
>>
>>63013170
manchildren on suicide watch
>>
>>63026337

Literally this.

Lovecraft fans are similarly insufferable. They're inordinately impressed with the concept of leaving something to the imagination, like (and likely) it's the first time they encountered it and everything they've read/seen before is Spongebob.
>>
>>63016338
>Jagatai Khan
<spoiler>Gotta go fast</spoiler>
>>
>>63026337
After I read 4 stories I recognized Lovecraft's pattern and was sad

At least Mountains of Madness was a cool book. Would be a great movie imo
>>
>>63025743
Sean Bean for Horus. It's perfect.
>>
>>63026437
>>63026372
Lovecraft has some good ones, they aren't all like that.
Plus his influence was really important.

http://weirdfictionreview.com/2011/12/the-red-tower-by-thomas-ligotti/

try this out for a spooky short story.
>>
File: 1340418450801[1].jpg (9 KB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
1340418450801[1].jpg
9 KB, 223x200
>>63026372
>someone brings a logical point as to why warhammer is unadulterated shit
>"HURR UR JUST A FUKEN FAG LOLZZ FOR DA EMPORAH WARHUMMER IS DA BESTEST FING EVA FAGGOT HURRR DURR I SUK SO MUCH DICCK HURRRR I BUY $50 PLASTIC TOYS AND PLAY WITH THEM DDDUUUURRRRR*
>>
>>63012086
Warhammer is literally
>edgy - the franchise
>>
>>63019153
>>63020002
Yeah, problem is that the average warhammer fan is too stupid to realise it's fucking satire and thinks it's the "best most epic shit" ever
>>
>>63012086
c r i n g e
r
i
n
g
e
>>
>>63015701
My real life is more grim than any sci fi fantasy I assure you.
>>
>>63026616
The part you'll cringe the most at are the people who actually find this shit interesting and kewel. It's literally just edgy for edgy sake.
>>
>>63026714
i've played the tabletop game before with a borrowed army. the part i cringed the most at is how much some retards spend on 40k figures.
>>
>>63026614

Maybe it would be easier to comprehend if it focused more on satire and less on nerdy minutia.

It was satire at some point but it's way beyond that now. It's quite ironic how a world designed to lampoon the obsession with war, brutality and bloodlust seems to have attracted a huge crowd by that alone. Just look at OP's picture. It's kind of like Lana Del Ray supposedly satirizing the hypocrisy of the american dream nostalgia but accomplishing nothing but popularizing it (and raking in loads of cash). Or Marilyn Manson pointing out the pointlessness of "shock" but in the end accomplishing nothing more than a shock rocker career. Or OP's libertine mom whoring and fucking around and ending up with the responsibility of a child as a result.
>>
>>63014368
look, either shit on warhammer or shit on star wars. is it too much to expect a little consistency around here?
>>
File: 1404091277712.jpg (17 KB, 736x551) Image search: [Google]
1404091277712.jpg
17 KB, 736x551
>>63014910
>40K is clunky, irrational, filled with stupid fedora-tipping one -liners and casual edginess.
>The posterboys and obvious protagonists of 40k are the superhuman space marines and focusing a movie on them will inevitably lead to a videogamish, slo-mo laced and overall a jarring and overwhelming clusterfuck.

sounds perfect. what are they waiting for?
>>
>>63026750
I'm not gonna lie I could probably have fun with it, the edgier parts I'm gonna laugh at but for the most part I'm up for trying shit like that. But the figures? What are you talking about? I thought they were just little figures you either paint yourself or buy already made? What kind of prices are you talking here?
>>
File: cia cake-20150630_223246.jpg (187 KB, 1168x629) Image search: [Google]
cia cake-20150630_223246.jpg
187 KB, 1168x629
i was never aware of the lore invokved in 40k
i played the pc games as a kiddie and collected figures, paijted them because they looked cool

theres a god of rape?
w-wut, senpai?
>>
>>63026910
to my understanding Games Workshop is a horribly greedy company and it's not uncommon for players to spend $500 on good sized armies. $500 is pretty ridiculous compared to the $0 i spent playing dungeons & dragons in high school.
>>
you
>>
File: 1393466406371.jpg (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1393466406371.jpg
36 KB, 400x400
>tfw i always read 40k threads even though i have never played/read any of the material
What's wrong with edgelord? Edgelord is entertaining tobeehonestmyfamilia
>>
File: 1387593568727~01.jpg (89 KB, 500x639) Image search: [Google]
1387593568727~01.jpg
89 KB, 500x639
>>63012086
>>
>>63027320
edgy as fook, m8
>>
>>63027320
Is this meant to be ironic, as daria was farely edgy for its day.
>>
File: Farnese.jpg (23 KB, 260x382) Image search: [Google]
Farnese.jpg
23 KB, 260x382
>>63015014
this

Pyromaniac zealous girls are my fetish
>>
>>63027506

Daria wasn't particularly edgy, it was just w/e man and halfheartedly contrarian.

Relevant for it's time, though today, there's a trend of anti-contrarian contrarianism, most evident on places like this here, our 4chan. I'm ahead of the curve since I'm a superior human being, so I predict the next definition "edgy" will be being overly aggressive towards things perceived as "edgy". It will be the perfect balance where joyful childish edginess will be free to flourish, tempered with self-awareness. The cycle after that will return us to this no-fun-allowed "mature adult" quasi-intellectualism though.
>>
>>63027506
no, more hipster
>>
I don't play 40k but I'm super interested in the lore. Are there any good books of it that I can read? Are the Dawn of War games any good?
>>
>>63025909
Just as planned. No need to get to the point when they can keep selling books.
>>
>>63027634
> anti-contrarian contrarianism

How can people use terms like this without realizing they've built a house inside their own asshole which they haven't left for longer than they can remember?
>>
>>63027506
>>63027634
>>63027640
>>63027676
"Edgy" and "contrarian" means nothing more than "I don't like it!" at this point. It's like kek and fedora and even the word "fag". Doesn't mean anything close to their original meanings. They're just words for "bad!".

And if you disagree with me you're an edgy fedora fag who gets keked on the reg.
>>
>>63027506
at the time, daria was anti-edge.

Spawn is basically the embodiment of what was considered "edgy" in the 90s.
>>
>>63027676

Who said there's lack of realization? It's pretty cool in this house and I'll gladly choose it over the mundane outdoors.

>>63027713

Ah, pretty much. It's true that anything slightly emotionally charged can and is labeled as "edgy". Worse yet, the opposite -- bland and uninvolved is often perceived as "cool". Displays of emotion = immature. Lack of emotion = mature. Even if something is to be approved of, it cannot be praised too highly, lest your audience considers you a child bereft of carefully tuned, discriminating taste. "Eh, it's alright". "Not bad". Fucking awesome? Get the fuck out of here manchild.
>>
>>63021983
I can't remember if this was actually after 2011, but Necrons got changed a fair amount.
>>
>>63027843
Lack of emotion = lol edge. Emotion = lol fag.

There's no winning. Depth can be called "edgy" and "pretentious" too. You can dismiss literally, LITERALLY any work of art, regardless of critical acclaim, with a wave of your hand.

Being called edgy and all that shit has lost any semblance of a sting. When everything is edgy, nothing is edgy.
>>
>>63027599

Too bad she cut her hair and lost her armor.

She was way hotter as a maniacal pyromaniac knight.
>>
>>63027880
Just wait until she learns to control fire.
>>
>>63027898

Do you think she ever wrapped her dagger up and used it as a dildo?
>>
>>63027924
Yes, but only after she heated up in a fire.
>>
>>63027870
whats that? people will find an excuse to insult you for any behavior you display that is outside their comfort zone?

wow
>>
>>63028069
I'm just explaining why these particular insults are completely meaningless. We're getting to a point where being called a fedora edge fag is no different from being called a poopy-face. '
Using poopy-face as an insult is actually way more insulting to yourself than to the person you're calling a poopy-face, because it's such a dumb insult.
>>
File: Pandorum-2009.jpg (197 KB, 400x569) Image search: [Google]
Pandorum-2009.jpg
197 KB, 400x569
>>63012086

OP's post doesn't really make sense but reminds me of this movie.
>>
>>63028113
Well, fun fact, 4chan made "edgy" into an insult after it went mainstream.
>>
>>63028154

The first 30 or so minutes were promising, then it went to shit.
>>
Stop liking what I don't like: the thread
>>
>>63028113

This. It seems like I can't fear my headwear of choice, vape in pubic and dress up classy without being called a "fedoralord" anymore. It's childish behavior, well and truly, if I do say so myself.
>>
>>63028174
There was a cool moment near the end when the implication was the ship had been traveling for so long it had gone beyond the galactic rim. Of course, ending like that would've required balls, and no balls in hollywood.
>>
>>63012086
40k is what happens when you take dark comedy and try to make it serious.

It's an edgy clusterfuck.
>>
>>63028205
I see what you're doing, but how the fuck is vaping edgy or fedora? Is smoking regular cigarettes also fedora?

It's fucking meaningless.
>>
>>63028249

Jokes aside, I actually do vape and even though it tastes like shit, I feel a lot better than I did on tobacco. It's the best way to quit cigarettes if you have to, but don't actually want to quit.

There's really nothing inherently edgy or embarrassing about it. It's just that the flannel wearing beard aficionados give it a bad rep with their "cloud chasing" bullshit.
>>
>>63028249
Its a manifestation of the modern mainstream sensibilities interpreting anything that is outside of the norm, be it fashion or behavior, as being done solely for attention, therefore "edgy."
>>
>>63028324

It's not really a mainstream sensibility either. Most people don't really give a fuck what you do. Angry hipsters are the only people who get sorely offended at other people vaping, enjoying 40k or anime or whatever.
>>
>>63028324
Originally, yes. Now, no. Anything is or can be called "edgy". You could call fucking Transformers "edgy" too.
>>
>>63019734
>>>/po/

sorry guys.
>>
>>63028358
>originally

You're talking about a term that was coined before you were born.
>>
>>63015264
Don't buy this senpai if you're new to the game the employees will play a game with you and go easy
>>
>>63028369
Your point being?
>>
>>63028397
That you don't know fuck about what you're talking about?
>>
>>63014756
40k was literally made b Jews you autistic fuck. Jervis is a Jew
>>
>>63028414
So when a term is older than I am I am not allowed to speak about it, because it's impossible for people who did live when it was invented to pass on information to me.

You're an idiot. Fuck off.
>>
>>63028436
Considering you're talking about a term invented for the purpose of marketing as if it originated as an insult, because 4chan was the first place you saw it, yea, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>63028453
>invented for the purpose of marketing
And might that term have been used to mean "outside the norm," so that people felt they were cooler for using product X? Exactly like I said?
I never claimed it was originally an insult.

Go wave your cane at some whippersnappers grandpa. No one gives a shit about what you have to say.
>>
File: 1431064162997.png (20 KB, 564x450) Image search: [Google]
1431064162997.png
20 KB, 564x450
>>63012086
but thats just wrong

in 40k warp travel is basically doing your daily duties, hoping that the shields do not collapse so that you don't get raped by daemons and getting weird nightmares, its nothing close to that

but i agree, a good 40k movie is needed, possibly about guardsmen, inquisition or rogue traders
>>
>>63016563
>>63015910
>>63013170
Did fa/tg/uys beat you up in school or something?
>>
>>63014910
>inb4 blacks declare the orks as racist
>>
>>63012086
>tfw i spent 5k on warhammer figures and paints in 2005-2009 that my parents threw out :|
>>
>>63029061
I spent about 4k on It during 2013 & 2014

I regret the Fantasy stuff I bought because I never painted most of it, only played a handful of times and now It's obsolete
>>
>>63012086
Whomever wrote this is an over the top retardes edgemaster. Even more so than standard edgy 40k lore edginess for fuck sakes.

Dial this shit back to 8 instead of 11 and it could be pretty awesome. Isn't the warp basically an analogy for ye' olde oceanic travels with some sci-fi and fantasy warp shenanigans thrown in with demons.
>>
>>63029162
5k in the period i got that shit is 7-9k now
all the prices have been jacked up.
i was never into fantasy, i dont know why i even got the shit. i never played the game just pained the models.

i think most people never played the game.
it wouldve made more sense for most people to get the lone figurines and just paint them.
the whole thing is a moneypit.
70 bucks for 10 pieces of plastic,,,, fuck that
>>
I want /v/edditors to leave and the mods to stop being inept cunts letting /sp/ and /v/ leakage seep in here all the fucking time.
>>
File: voidsman tattoos.jpg (409 KB, 737x1600) Image search: [Google]
voidsman tattoos.jpg
409 KB, 737x1600
>>63029231
Its nearly point for point exactly the same as early long distance shipping even down to the monsters really.

>>63029597
>/v/edditors
This is fa/tg/uy territory right here. So basically just regular /tv/ goers that actually enjoy sci-fi stuff (but probably talk less about it than /tv/ does).
>>
>>63028207
that's retarded though, because even if you went beyond the galactic rim you'd still be able to see other galaxies (even if they were so far away they just look like stars)
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.