[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would /tv/ have rewritten the fight between Anakin and Obi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 26
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 450x239) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 450x239
How would /tv/ have rewritten the fight between Anakin and Obi wan without it being complete garbage?
>>
>>63005496
The fight was good.
>>
> without it being complete garbage

Go back to reddit
>>
>>63005763
No it wasn't, you filthy fucking redditor.
>>
>>63005496
GET OVER HERE
*Mortal Kombat music starts playing*
>>
Remove all the swinging and that kind of weird gimmick shit, just have it be two guys beating the shit out of each other.

The dialogue is pretty much fine except "From my point of view the jedi are evil" which could simply have been "I think the jedi are evil" or similar.
>>
>>63005496

Um by turning all the prequels into 1 movie. No Jar Jar, no children. Just Anakin Origins with Obi Wan as the hero. Would have been like 90 mins. Too bad this will never happen and this is considered cannon. Enjoy your shit franchise you wannabe revisionist faggot.
>>
>>63005496

You can't do that without rewriting from Episode I.
>>
>>63005848
>>63005887
Which raises an interesting point

The big mistake with Star Wars happened when George decided to name ESB to ESB - Episode V and then retcon SW to ANH - Episode IV

Imagine if ESB was ESB - Episode II

Then we would have only Episode 0 - Dart Vader's Origin and it would be awesome

Still I think that ROTS - Episode III turned out fine and it's a really enjoyable movie. Don't listen to the shills and reddit plebs. George did nothing wrong with it

I am not going to watch Episode VII because you can't have Star Wars without George
>>
>>63005496
YOW NEIHW EMPIEYAH
>>
Definitely more lava. It was cool that they were on metal things floating in the lava but they missed great chance for them to have to dodge lavafalls while in the lava river, maybe go shooting up on lava geysers, hopping between flying stepping stones shot up by lava flares. There was a major missed opportunity to include lightning, there should have been a lightning storm during this, and Anakin could have raised his lightsaber up and gotten it struck by lightning to charge it up as a lightning saber, giving him the advantage for a bit. Oh, and for a lava planet, they really screwed up by not having them fall into a volcano. There should have been at least five minutes of Obi and Anakin falling down and fighting each other in a volcano with lava falling around them in all directions, that's probably when the volcano can erupt explosively and they both go shooting out into the clouds, where even more lightning is, and fight while shooting up into the sky and in the clouds with lightning and dashing towards each other and clashing with lava and lightning sabers, spinning and trying to get the high ground.

They should have at least done that.
>>
>>63006163
Ebin
>>
Nothing, fight was emotional and great, too be honest, I was very confused the first time I saw this movie, thought 1-3 were sequels to the original, having never seen them.
>>
>The high ground scene
OBI-WAN: "It's over, Anakin. There's no way past me. Let's just stop and talk about this."

ANAKIN: "You underestimate me, Obi-Wan. The Jedi are always trying to talk their way out of confrontation, but I'm not going to let you talk your way out of this."

OBI-WAN: "Don't try it..."

Anakin attempts to jump over Obi-Wan, gets carved up, and the scene proceeds as it did in Lucas' version.
>>
>>63007168
You dumb-dumbs need to stop thinking you can write this drivel
>>
>>63007184
How about you explain what was wrong with that version. Can you?
>>
>>63005496
Assuming we've already rewritten everything else to actually make us give a fuck about the characters, first off make it so Obi Wan is clearly only holding Anakin off by how he personally knows how he fights due to training him.
Obi Wan would use a minimalistic style that seemingly barely holds out against Anakin's more berserk one.
Anakin uses more reckless attacks/blocks and lashes out with his fists/feet, while Obi Wan gives more elegant dodges and parries.
Anakin's wild attacks would give Obi Wan several openings, but make it clear that he's still hesitating to go for the kill, giving Anakin enough time to block when he strikes too late.

The high ground scene is rewritten so that Obi Wan maneuvers him to an advantageous position and jumps, while Anakin recklessly jumps straight after and gets promptly rekt.
His body lands far enough away that Obi Wan, upon sensing the Emperor's approach, can't risk going to finish him off.
>>
>>63007242
Anakin is too composed, contradictory to every fibre of his character.
"Don't try it..." sounds like something out of your Chinese cartoons.
"Let's just stop and talk about this" after Obi called him out as a Sith and vowed to destroy him? The man killed younglings, not even Obi-Wan will resort to talking. Also that sentence smacks of clichés.
>>
>>63006081
>>
>>63007396
Tell me this was staged
>>
>>63007300
Now write a superior version. If you can't, then your opinion is completely invalid.
>>
>>63005801
>>63005814
lol
>>
>>63007558
with george himself?
>>
>>63007396
sauce?
>>
>I AM THE MEMES NOW
>NO YOU'RE A BIG NIGGA
>FOR YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>63007662
Why would not being a better writer invalidate his opinion, if his point is that Babylonian cuneiform board posters aren't better writers?
>>
>>63005496
more friendship
more memes
more sheev
more padme
less angst
less D2
more C3
a jabba cameo
a short analysis of the zabrak culture
a yoda meme
more friendship

honestly just that'll do to make this movie a 10/10 in my book. no goofing, no gaffing, no foolin, 100% perfecto.
>>
>>63007299
>make it so Obi Wan is clearly only holding Anakin off by how he personally knows how he fights due to training him.
Obi Wan would use a minimalistic style that seemingly barely holds out against Anakin's more berserk one.
Anakin uses more reckless attacks/blocks and lashes out with his fists/feet, while Obi Wan gives more elegant dodges and parries.
Anakin's wild attacks would give Obi Wan several openings, but make it clear that he's still hesitating to go for the kill

That's exactly what happened.
>>
File: 1447669526807.jpg (61 KB, 485x458) Image search: [Google]
1447669526807.jpg
61 KB, 485x458
>>63007168
>Let's just stop and talk about this.
>>
>>63008417
no, no it didn't.
They both fight in precisely the same way they always did, with 3 exceptions
1) Anakin striding more aggressively than usual
2) Obi Wan looking like he might have been hesitating once
3) that one bit where they trade a punch each
>>
File: 1446686914054.jpg (8 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1446686914054.jpg
8 KB, 400x300
>Anakin you are doing bad things and becoming a bad guy

>Nuh uh

>Sheev is a bad friend and if you don't stop I'm going to have to cut you with my lightsaber ok??

>OK

at this point they fight above and around the lava dangers until obi wan runs to the top of the beach

>Anakin please this time I am really going to cut you bad

>I am strong enough to jump at you

>No
>>
>>63007558
>>63007702
>>63007735
It's from Robot Chicken

yes it's staged you fucking faggots
>>
>>63005827
Just "the jedi are evil" is probably best, Anakin's angry, when people are angry, they're usually straight and to the point.
>>
File: 1397727982356[1].png (492 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1397727982356[1].png
492 KB, 1024x576
>I'll side with evil to save Padme

is this better?
>>
>>63005496
did i just completely fix episode III/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upuAKwuBMB4
>>
>>63009044
CHANCELLOR SHEEV IS EVIL
>>
>>63009174

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW YOU ARE SHEEVIL
>>
>>63009174
HE IS THE TRAITOR AGGHGH
>>
>Sheev was a better friend than you ever were!
Boom, scene saved.
>>
No talking between Anakin and Obi wan. Everybody already knows they're going to have to fight so it starts as soon as they see each other. Anakin slaps Padme to the ground for trying to stop him from fighting Obi wan instead of force choking her. The fight is brutal and fast. No rave swinging lightsabers. Every movement is offense or defense to look like a real fight. No riding on platforms, towers or robot heads on lava rivers. Both have sense enough to stay on actual ground instead of platforming like Mario. Eventually, Obi has Anakin in a place with blue lava river (like pic related) behind him and takes his legs as he attempts to jump over and then his hand after he rolls and swings to keep fighting. The fire starts to catch on Anakin as he reaches and yells. At this point Obi weeps, says his peace "You were the Chosen one" and leaves with his lightsaber.
>>
Some of the fight was cool. Keep their mouths shut and let them go at it.
>>
>>63009017
He should have said "It's the jedi who are evil!"
>>
>>63005496
More brutal in some areas. Tbh, the first half of the fight is really good, when they go inside, Anakin chokes Obi Wan, they duke it out. First thing to take out is that weird shot where it's like they show off their moves real fast without hitting each other.
Next: keep the fight in that base, don't go on the lava or near the lava. Change some dialogue.
"Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil!"
"No, the Jedi are evil. Sheev set me free!"

Then, Anakin beats Obi Wan, but maybe through his own powerful use of the force, accidentally falls hundreds of meters down into a pit, where he lands next to the lava (then do the burning of Anakin scene the same way) leaving only his lightsaber which Obi picks up.
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 680x882) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 680x882
The fight is fine, there's nothing wrong with that other than the fact that it's so completely lightweight... but the audience should be shown how insufficient Obi-Wan is as a man, democrat, and mentor.

The older man is receding... He no longer feels the impulse, or the Spirit of the Age. We wonder whether he ever did. Obi-Wan is a fine portrait of a Lemming with no sharply defined political persuasion, but this Characterisation doesn't fully appreciate the damage that such an idiot can do.

It might also have been nice to learn about Anakin's views on the Force, or about politics, but of course we didn't have time for that because of the stupid lightshow.
>>
A:"Obi wan"
O:"Yes, son."
A:"I want to kill you."
A:"Padme, I want to COME ON, BAAABE!"
>>
>>63005496
I guess I'd just move on cause it's been 10 years.
>>
>>63012360
Don't talk shit about Obi-Wan
>>
File: image.jpg (552 KB, 1110x1801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
552 KB, 1110x1801
>>63012844
It's a fact, son, he said it himself. He was a mediocre Jedi, and he failed Anakin, and he loved a dead Democracy far too well.
>>
>>63009227
No HE is the TRAITOR AHHHHGH!
>>
>>63006163
Kek
>>
Obi: This is as far as you go, Anakin. Your hatred has blinded you, don't let it destroy you as well.
Anakin: Everything I've ever loved has been torn from me by the Jedi! [pause] By YOU! Hatred is all I have left - but I will give that to you...willingly.
Obi: Don't do it. Anakin, NO! *chop*
>>
File: 1444565915018.jpg (17 KB, 268x284) Image search: [Google]
1444565915018.jpg
17 KB, 268x284
>>63006163
Holy shit lol
>>
File: Funny Games Smug.jpg (138 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
Funny Games Smug.jpg
138 KB, 800x582
>>63013464
>Hatred is all I have left - but I will give that to you...willingly.
>>
>>63013464
7.5/10 bretty gud
>>
>>63013642
What should it be, Anon. I couldn't think of anything better but I feel he should be resolved on something,otherwise why fight?
>>
>>63006163
>Anakin could have raised his lightsaber up and gotten it struck by lightning to charge it up as a lightning saber

>my mfw this was a thing I could do with my pretend-saber as a kid
>>
>>63007168

>Let's just stop and talk about this

JUST
>>
In my story the Clone Wars weren't actually fought with clones, but instead revolved around companies illegaly using clones as manual labour by companies within the corrupt Republic. The CIS gets formed but is just a regular army and the jedi get pushed into joining them. The Republic eventually wins by sheer force and most Jedi get executed alongside the CIS troopers. Anakin betrays the Jedi because he is lured by promises of power. Sheev uses the chaos to create the Empire. Obi-wan survives and takes away Luke and Leia, fearing Palpatine will turn them and make them their disciples. Anakin gets pissed and tracks them down on some random planet, resulting in an epic duel but without a victor. This goes on for a while and the kids are meanwhile being transported alsongside Padme. Anakin notices and quickly gets on his ship, while Obi-wan follows him in his own fighter. Obi-wan manages to lure Anakin into a dogfight shoot down Anakin's fighter using some nifty tricks. Anakin gets fucked up as his jet is burning from the inside, but survives and turns into the classical Vader. More shit happens and Sheev ensures Padme gets assassinated a few years later and blames it on the CIS/Rebels. Pushing Vader over the edge. Then the OT happens

There you go
>>
>>63013923
Pardon the typos. I'm kind of tipsy and typing this on a iphone
>>
>>63013923

Not good.
>>
Take out the whole part where they are trying to escape everything falling and landing in lava, there was no need for that shit. WHY DO YOU NEED A SHOT OF A THING FALLING DOWN A LAVAFALL when its supposed to be a fight between mentor and mentee?
>>
>>63005496
Most of the stuff there was actually pretty good. Completely rewrite the awful dialogue at the beginning, shorten it down to about 5 minutes, more sets and less CGI, remove some of the silly choreography. Then you have a good fight scene.
>>
>>63014061
What do you not like about, anon?
>>
>>63013464
How about this

Obi: Anakin, stop! You can go no further. Your hatred has blinded you, don't let it destroy you as well.

Anakin: Hatred? Everything I've ever loved has been torn from me by the Jedi! [pause] By YOU! My hatred, my vengeance, is all I have left.

Obi: Don't do it. Anakin, NO! *chop*
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 600x891) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 600x891
>>63006163
Holy shit
>>
>>63014315
It had too much badness in it. sm.h.

>>63014520
Gay and also dumb.
>>
Dr. Anakin, I'm JEDI
>>
Make it a miniature of the Death Star rescue of Leia. Only Obi Wan is rescuing Padme's babies after she dies and Anakin has taken them. Obi Wan infiltrates the base, confronts Anakin in a parallel of their ultimate confrontation on the Death Star. Only Anakin is nearly killed and Obi Wan narrowly escapes in a space fighter after pushing Jarjar into a trash compactor.
>>
Anakin -- "Ahh, so you came back to die with the rest of the Jedi!"

Obi Wan -- "No, I came back to stop you."
>>
I can't watch the Star Wars prequels. They make me too sad. Ewan McGregor gives 110% and ends up with actually a pretty great performance despite some of the worst writing ever put on film. He manages to be charismatic, likable, and relatable despite Lucas' best efforts

How many brilliant Ewan McGregor performances were we robbed of because no one wanted to work with him after Star Wars?
>>
Anakin -- 'OBIWAN?'
>>
>>63014706
If you can judge it as bad then could you also offer a superior alternative? Or at least change what you don't like senpai
>>
>>63014520
>>63013464
Better than most autistic rewrites that come up in these threads desu
>>
It was lit the best thing in all the movies combined
>>
File: 1446154913704.jpg (414 KB, 1920x820) Image search: [Google]
1446154913704.jpg
414 KB, 1920x820
>Anakin fell for this

Was Sheev clouding Anakin's vision with his force powers?
>>
make it a bit shorter, but less flashy. maybe have a bit where they realise they are tired and matched evenly with sabers and then it goes into a fist fight.
>>
>>63007300
Isn't "Don't try it" straight out of the movie?
>>
>>63005496
I would have re written the first two movies to make the actual friends the whole time, and make their battle actually tragic. Instead, we got

>ep1
>Obiwan considers anakin to be an annoying little shit and tries to dissuade qui gon from training him.
>ep2
>They literally bicker the entire movie
>ep3
>I LOVED YOU ANAKIN YOU WERE MY BROTHER

Yeah nah.
>>
>>63013464
Condense it
>Anakin no! Your blind hatred is destroying you!
>WHY SHOULDN'T I HATE THE JEDI. THEY TOOK EVERYTHING I LOVED
>[Obiwan goes silent. He has realised that nothing will get through to Anakin.]
>>
>>63015401
Actual brothers do fight all the time and there's time between the movies, but I'm not defending ep 1-3 so I know what you mean
>>
>>63005496
shouldn't have existed
>>
File: 1430925933338.jpg (23 KB, 493x430) Image search: [Google]
1430925933338.jpg
23 KB, 493x430
>>63005801
>>63005814
" Look, Mom! I called somebody a Redditor again!"
>>
File: 1447805947801.jpg (10 KB, 235x169) Image search: [Google]
1447805947801.jpg
10 KB, 235x169
>>63012575
>>
>>63015122
no Lucas just made him a retarded whiny angry shit
>>
>>63016220
Having a realistic portrayal of two people bicker like little bitches the entire time they're on screen is not how you build good drama for an epic space war fantasy series.
>>
>>63016897
No you build it with poorly explained elongated space politics that make no sense involving people and planets we have no idea about and/or no connection with
>>
>>63010899
I liked "you were my brother, I loved you."
sue me.
>>
>>63005827
>>63009017

Anakin saying that is still fundamentally stupid no matter how it's put.

There's no way to give the child murdering sociopath credibility here, it just doesn't work
>>
I got to say the music was perfect.
>>
>>63009220
WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST!
>>
>>63017474
He freed them from the Jedi indoctrination
>>
>This is over Anakin! You can't beat me! You'll get yourself killed!
>You underestimate me, my old master
*chop*
>>
Fuck you all that fight was great, Ewan and Hayden did pretty much all of it themselves.
>>
File: Purge.jpg (223 KB, 800x1207) Image search: [Google]
Purge.jpg
223 KB, 800x1207
>>63017775
way to long half way through you're bored of it since nothing happens. Also no proper emotion
its far from the worst I've ever seen and it gets shit on pretty hard here but praised as the best of the prequels elsewhere
>>
>>63005827
>>63007168
>>63009044
>>63011950
>>63014520
>>63014835

CRINGE
>>
>>63005814
>implying that redditors liked the prequels
>>
>>63007168
> Let's just stop and talk about this

Yeah, because a rage-filled child murdering psychopath would really want to have a nice chat with his former mentor, right?

In all seriousness, I'd shorten it to this.

> Obi-Wan: It's over, Anakin. There's no way past me.
> Anakin: You underestimate me, Obi-Wan. There's no way I'm going to let you talk your way out of this.
> Obi-wan: Don't try it...
> (cue Anakin getting sliced and burnt like the Lucas version)
>>
>>63013041
Obi-wan was the real nigga and vader was a bitch. He pushed his shit in once and vader could only fight him to a draw when he was a half senile 80 year old hermit.
>>
>>63013923
>In my story the Clone Wars weren't actually fought with clones
this is one the main things I want out of the prequel reboots by disney. "the clone wars" was fucked up so badly and its just another case of georges limited creativity that they're just filler for stormtroopers and also they're all boba fetts
>>
THere's so much I'd change about the prequels, but if we're talking just about this fight:

I've always seen the OT and the resolution as Luke getting through to his father because he was the only one who bothered trying to.

Obi Wan and Yoda both talked about him as if he was a monster, and Obi Wan didn't even see him as human anymore. They just wanted Luke to murder him.

To me, the moment Obi Wan sees Anakin killing children is the moment he should decide that he's too far gone and has to die. THat fight should have no dialog before it. The "I'll do what I must" should be something Obi Wan said to Yoda when asked if he could kill Anakin.

Anakin should be choking Padme in his blind rage, before sensing and seeing Obi Wan coming out of the ship. Both men stand face to face, and we get one of those double angle shots Lucas loves so much, except this time it's done from a low angle, showing both men igniting their lightsabers.

The fight should be shorter and with less saber spinning. The climax would be at the bridge with a big saber clash as they lock their blades for a few seconds before their strength and the lava causes the bridge to collapse, dropping both men on the hill beneath it.

Obi Wan and Anakin both get hurt from the unexpected fall. They get up, and the only line of dialog in the whole fight is said, as Obi Wan looks at Anakin with a saddened look in his face

>You were my brother Anakin. I loved you.

Anakin does his stupid jumping move and gets chopped. He then shouts

>I hate you!
>>
>>63013041
Obi-Wan wasn't a legendary jedi like Yoda or Dindu but he wasn't just a "mediocre" Jedi, shitty Jedi Knights don't make it on the Jedi Council

the problem with Anakin's fall is that it doesn't really have anything to do with his relationship with Obi-Wan, the two characters hardly interact. Anakin isn't brought to the dark side because of any failings of Obi-Wan's teachings, it's all because of some convoluted self-fulfilling prophecy about his wife dying in childbirth.
>>
>Padme lands, Anikan sees her and rushes too meet her
>de-activated CIS droid on the landing bay
>Sheev is watching on the security feed, takes control of it with the force and shoots padme
>Obi wan emerges
>Ainkan emerges
>He cracks the ultra shits thinking obi wan just killed padme

Fast foward to after the fight

>For reasons unknown to us, we are losing her
>turns put sheev is force choking her from half the galaxy away

Far better than what old georgie boy wrote i m o
>>
>>63018113
That's pretty retarded too, though. I don't think the Force Choke has that kind of range or Sheev wouldn't have needed Order 66.

I just don't understand why Padme couldn't have just died of a broken windpipe. Even if she didn't die of oxygen deprivation getting choked that hard could probably do some irreparable damage. Dying of a "broken heart" is the dumbest thing I've ever fucking heard and makes Padme look weak, especially because she abandons her two children
>>
>>63018003
>>63013923

To me, this is how it should have been done:

First of all, drop all of the politics bullshit. The prequels should have been war movies set in the Star Wars universe, and there shouldn't be so many Jedi around:

>The Jedi council is a small group of relegious people that have been serving the Chancellor of the republic senate for over 1000 years as peace keepers and negotiators
>Most people don't even know of their existence, and the ones who do, only see them as superstitious monks
>Obi Wan is the first Jedi Knight to have complete his training in over half a century
>He was trained by Yoda
>Palpatine is a general within the united republic army
>Episode 1 is about Obi Wan being sent by Chancellor, who believes in the Jedi to covertly investigate a terrorist incident that might be involved with a separatist movement
>He runs into Darth Maul
>The separatist movement breaks away from the republic and begins forcefully drafting citizens from allied planets into the Separatist Army
>Obi Wan meets and saves Anakin (16 years old) from one of the separatist camps
>Obi Wan informs the chancellor and the Jedi council that a Sith is behind the separatist movement, and might be leading their troops into battle
>Palpatine calls for the creation of a clone army
>As the war is officially declared, Obi Wan and a few of the Jedi Knights go into battle alongside the Clone army to search for the Sith lord.
>YODA IS AGAINST THE WAR AND IS THE ONLY JEDI TO NOT FIGHT IN THE WAR. HE ALSO NEVER USES A FUCKING LIGHTSABER.
>Yoda from the get-go feels that The Dark Side is pulling a wool over everyone's eyes, but none of the other Jedi can sense it, since they're focused on the war and on finding Maul
>Episode 2 is about Obi Wan training Anakin in the jedi ways in the middle of a war (which results in some pretty shoddy traning, since Jedi are supposed to be peaceful)
>The Jedi involvment in the war is being kept in secret from the population

Cont.
>>
>>63018428
>The clone army has given the republic alliance a terrible reputation since they're using disposable and artificial lives to murder men and women that were forcefully drafted by the separatists
>Obi Wan is conflicted by this, while Anakin sees them as enemies of the peace and order
>Obi Wan and Anakin stay together the entire film and that is used to show the different way they approach situations (With Anakin being much more aggressive), while stablishing their friendship.
>Anakin is good buddies with General Palpatine

Anyway, I'm getting tired and sleepy so I'll cut this short:

Palpatine has been using the war to weaken both the Separatists and the Republic, so he can kill his own apprentice Maul and unite the galaxy while pinning all of it on the chancellor, in a coup.

Anakin (Who got married to someone off-screen between Ep 1 and 2 because she isn't important) is seduced by the power of the darkside and kills Maul for Palpatine, and later gets blown by Obi Wan.
>>
>>63018242
Dont forget vader force choked people on different star destroyers. All he needed was a visual link it would seem. Plus a jedi could probably protect themself from a force choke, unlike a regular human
>>
>>63005496
Better sword fighting and not just flashy shit.
Final fighting is more minimalist and reminiscent of the fight in a new hope.
Kenobi wins by allowing anakin to stab him and uses the opening to win.
>>
>>63005496
Obi-Wan should say "you were... a good friend..." while crying at some point.
>>
>>63013642
that fucking movie was so fucking morbid
I was so fucking uncomfortable the through the whole thing
>>
>>63014835
Kekked hard
>>
>>63005496
I'd cut out most of the bullshit dialogue. Something quick and simple and then immediate fight.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: You have allowed this dark lord to twist your mind, until now, until now you've become the very thing you swore to destroy.

Anakin Skywalker: Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi. You hide from your power and preach fear of those who don't. You brainwash children into being soldiers for the Republic because you're too weak to let them think for themselves. You couldn't save Quigon, you couldn't save my mother, *engages lightsaber* you can't even save yourself.
>>
File: 1435109719530.png (40 KB, 507x464) Image search: [Google]
1435109719530.png
40 KB, 507x464
>>63006163
>>
>>63018651
No he didn't. Vader was sitting in his meditation chamber on the Executor while Ozzel was on the bridge. considering the size of the ship it was probably a considerable distance but it wasn't like, separate sides of the galaxy.
>>
>>63019333
ALMOST AS IF THAT WAS THE ENTIRE FUCKING POINT
>>
>>63020175
>something quick and simple
>suggests verbal diahrraea
>>
>>63005496
>Changed a lightsaber to a different color and keep everything the same.
>>
I would have made it so that Anakin still had some humanity.

>Obi-Wan: I have failed you Anakin... I have failed you.
>Anakin: I should have known the Jedi were plotting to take over!
>Obi-Wan: Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil!
>Anakin: He's the only chance I have!

Or something like that.
Don't criticize my specific wording, you get the idea.
>>
>>63018003
there weren't even that many clones. surely any regular army could have easily wiped the floor of that tiny clone army
>>
Have them fight an honorable duel with Anakin acting like cold militaristic Darth Vader and not an angry teenager. Anakin fucks his own shit up somehow rather than Obi Wan brutally finnishing him.
>>
File: makeitso.jpg (406 KB, 1198x674) Image search: [Google]
makeitso.jpg
406 KB, 1198x674
>>63005496
better, and more dialogue.
>>
>>63012575
When was the first time anakin tasted fear?
>>
My mom always told me to pick the lesser of two sheevils
>>
>blah blah jedi plotting to take over
>change "palpatine is evil" to palpatine has deceived you.......idk rest.
>>
File: its treason then.webm (528 KB, 1268x534) Image search: [Google]
its treason then.webm
528 KB, 1268x534
>>
>>63022264
He is the traitor!

AHHHHHHH
>>
>>63006163
this is some naruto shit
10/10 would watch
>>
File: Colgate.gif (4 MB, 499x277) Image search: [Google]
Colgate.gif
4 MB, 499x277
Anakin would split a gigantic ship in half, look at the camera, and then make a shit-eating grin
>>
The Mustafar duel is the best part of the prequel trilogy. It's literally the last thing I'd change.
>>
File: luke loses his shit.jpg (46 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
luke loses his shit.jpg
46 KB, 1280x544
>>63005496
Option 1: Start by changing the entire fucking trilogy to make it better and make the friendship between the two more clear and likable, heightening the tragedy of the scene and just how far Anakin has slipped. And that slip should have been more gradual, and more clearly motivated. He should have been lusting for power. The fear of losing her in childbirth should not have been counted. Hell, he should not have even known she was pregnant. His enthusiasm for becoming a Jedi should have become a need to become more powerful, more special, more important. He should never have been prophesied as a Chosen One; he should have been the only one to see himself as such.

Love should not have been a motivator. He fell because he lost the love he had for his wife and his friend. Love is what saves him in ROTJ.

When Anakin fears Obi-Wan is taking his future away from him, or perhaps even his wife, he outright attacks him. Obi-Wan does not draw his lightsaber until he realizes he is fucked without it. With the Dark Side, Anakin has grown too unpredictable, and Obi-Wan has to defend himself. So they fight.

It does not drag on for ten fucking minutes. It's not purely eye candy, it's an emotional battle between a man who is out to murder, and a man who is constantly attempting to retrieve his friend from the precipice.

But it's too late, and the unpredictability also leaves Anakin vulnerable. In a last desperate attempt not to be chopped into bits, the relatively clear-headed Obi-Wan has to cut down his best friend and leave him to burn. Apologizes for training him even knowing the risks, apologizes for what he's had to do now. Probably goes away crying.

Option 2: Keep everything the same but add banter.
>You fight like my sister!
>I've fought your sister. That's a compliment.
>>
>>63023252
>make the friendship between the two more clear and likable, heightening the tragedy of the scene and just how far Anakin has slipped

I get what you're saying, but you would think the idea that Obi-Wan kinda raised Anakin makes it tragic enough on its own.

Love as a motivator works well though, because ROTJ shows how love can redeem him, but him killing the Tusken Raiders and doing horrific things to save Padme shows how love can drive a person to madness, and underscores why the Jedi seek freedom from attachment (not that that's necessarily a great standpoint either).
>>
File: Vader.jpg (99 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Vader.jpg
99 KB, 600x450
If it was me? I would've re-written the whole damn thing, but if I could just change this part?

Anakin has been missing for 5 years.

Yoda and Obi Wan respectively go into hiding, and believe Anakin to have died along with Mace Windu and the rest of the Jedi that confronted Sidious.

Years go by, and Obi Wan receives a distress beacon from Anakin's frequency on an old emergency broadcaster, luring him to a certain location.

Obi Wan, against his better judgment, goes in search Anakin.

It is there that Anakin reveals that it was a trap, and that during those 5 years he'd been hunting down and slaying every last Jedi in existence, but was saving Obi Wan for last.

Obi Wan is shocked and devastated at this revelation, and realizes he is no match for Anakin, who is now an entirely different being from the boy he trained, twisted by the dark side. Anakin is so powerful he is radiating dark energy. Also Anakin is wearing basically the Vader attire already, black suit and cape, without the breathing apparatus and helmet.

Anakin already has a red saber when he fights Obi Wan, and is absolutely so powerful that he toys with Obi Wan, force chokes him, revels in his power, interrogates him, etc.

Near the end, Obi Wan only "wins" by using Anakin's recklessness against him, when Anakin is distracted he force-pulls Anakin's lightsaber away from him, and uses both sabers to slash the shit out of Anakin, and force throws him into some shallow lava where he catches fire and passes out, Obi Wan believes hes dead.

Obi Wan goes back into isolation.

Anakin crawls out of the ashes and signals for help, Sidious sends some Imperial medics (he doesnt go himself), and they attach the breathing apparatus/helmet.

Cue the next movie
>>
>>63023236
the last part I would change is the pod race, thats maybe the only original idea lucas came up with that isn't a complete failure. the mustafar duel is literally 9 minutes long, even fights between people who have no idea what they're doing wouldn't go for that long.
>>
File: NuteGunray.jpg (81 KB, 320x262) Image search: [Google]
NuteGunray.jpg
81 KB, 320x262
>>63005848
But I never would have known about aggressive trade negotiations.
>>
>>63006163
>not wanting Anakin to force dip his light saber handle into the lava and get a lava saber
>not wanting Obi Wan to secure the thematic victory early on by force throwing his saber into the clouds and getting a water saber
>>
For it to have any sort of emotional impact, you'd have to rewrite anakin's character from the beginning. The way the films are now, Anakin was some prick and him and Obi-wan were never really friends. For the fight itself, make it last like 5 minutes. Have it be mostly dialogue of them reflecting on how it went so wrong with Anakin filled with regret but unable to turn back. Have Obi-wan try to bring him back to the light side like Luke does. Its like poetry it rhymes.
>>
File: swc269bc.jpg (7 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
swc269bc.jpg
7 KB, 400x300
>>63008857
>>
>"Anakin, what would your mother think if she saw you right now?!"
>It Ain't Shmee starts playing
>>
>>63007300
>"Don't try it..." sounds like something out of your Chinese cartoons
That's in the movie you double Gungan.
>>
>>63014719
Someone post the shot of Obi-Wan coming out of Padme's ship.
>>
File: 15432958030.jpg (33 KB, 497x681) Image search: [Google]
15432958030.jpg
33 KB, 497x681
>>63023823
>water saber
>>
File: 4876.png (306 KB, 852x435) Image search: [Google]
4876.png
306 KB, 852x435
>>63005801
>>63005814
>>
File: masterful choreography.gif (794 KB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
masterful choreography.gif
794 KB, 720x306
>>63023332
>love can drive a person to madness
Eh... in coming up with a rebuttal I remembered that Luke's own slips (in Empire and Jedi) came because of his attachment to Han and Leia.

I do think that if George Lucas really wanted his trilogies to reflect one another, he should have mirrored Luke and Anakin's lives closer, and allowed them to deviate as Anakin made the "wrong" choices, and Luke learned from his mistakes to make the "right" choices.

But no Tatooine.

Still... Luke's attachment to his father saved him. And Anakin. And I still really think it should have been far more blatant that as Anakin became Darth Vader, he began to no longer care about whether Padme (or Obi-Wan) lived and died.

I really think that Obi-Wan and Anakin should have started off becoming friends, then Obi-Wan seeing Anakin's potential and teaching what he knew. But Anakin's enthusiasm would become ambition, and his ambition would become a thirst for power, not only in the Force, but also in the Galaxy itself. He joins Palpatine because he thinks he's doing the right thing, and it would only be after Luke decides he'd rather jump to his possible death than joint-rule a tyranny with his own father that he starts to wonder, deep down, if maybe he fucked up somewhere down the line.

>>63023377
>Anakin has been missing for 5 years.
Dude. What? If anything, there should have been a timeskip between when Anakin got rekt and when Vader first appeared.
>>
>>63017286
I know it was you, Anakin. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!
>>
>>63017286
that works well, as well as the times when they clash in sync with lava spouts
it's the beginning dialogue, and the filler fight, that needs to be reworked or removed.
A short sequence where they fight down a narrow corridor, sparking everywhere as they chop up the walls, also works.
>>
>>63018428
>>63018647
This was very good to start off with, but your ending is really weak. I like the idea of the Jedi being very covert and not widely known. It lends credibility to Han Solo insisting that the Force is a myth in EP 4, despite him being alive at the same time as the Jedi were operating across the galaxy.
Also, I think that Yoda should have fought Sheev right near the end of the prequels, but this should have been the ONLY time Yoda is shown to use a lightsaber at all, to really build the hype of the fight. The fight with Sheev in EP 3 didn't really feel as special because we had already seen Yoda fight Dooku (and pretty much lose).
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.