[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the first INTERESTING character in a Marvel property?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Purple_Mane.jpg (428 KB, 3264x4896) Image search: [Google]
Purple_Mane.jpg
428 KB, 3264x4896
Is he the first INTERESTING character in a Marvel property?
>>
File: 1392260786100.jpg (44 KB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
1392260786100.jpg
44 KB, 300x223
Loki was interesting, though lacking in depth.

British people make far better, and more intriguing, villains than Americans.

Probably because they've had actual theatrical training and stage experience.
>>
No because comics exist and have more interesting characters than him including Purple Man.
>>
>>63003230
they should just add the 10th doctor to the avengers.
>>
I would've preferred it if he was actually born with his powers, and had to grow up with them.
Getting them as the result of an experiment is just going halfway there, I want to see how fucked up a person would become by only ever interacting with people the way that he does.
>>
>>63003230
You didn't find the King Pin in Daredevil interesting?
>>
>>63003565
He's an outlaw after all
>>
>>63003518
that would be ebin XD
>>
File: purp.png (61 KB, 228x289) Image search: [Google]
purp.png
61 KB, 228x289
Both Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk are more interesting characters imo.

I enjoyed this adaptation of Purple Man though, despite the liberties taken with it. Jessica herself was pretty cool too, and I'm glad they didn't shy away from portraying their protagonist as a total piece of shit.

So far, even if there are a few pacing issues and some annoying stuff with side characters, Marvel has really been knocking out of the park with their Netflix stuff imo. It's nice to see them really focusing on developing their main heroes and antagonists for a change after how shitty, shallow, and medicore the villains in their core films are.
>>
>>63003565
Breathing deeply doesn't make him interesting. They spelled out every aspect of his character in bright neon letters so the retards wouldn't miss it, and he wasn't particularly deep to begin with. He's a bad Breaking Bad-tier character.
>>
>>63003230
not really.
>>
>>63003699
agreed,ecspecially towards the end
>muh virus
>>
So, is it worth checking out? How does it compare to Daredevil?
>>
>>63003230
Can we at least agree that it was the best performance in the MCU?
>>
>>63003230
no, he is in top 5 and that says a lot about the sad state of marvel properties.
>>
>>63003542
>Getting them as the result of an experiment is just going halfway there, I want to see how fucked up a person would become by only ever interacting with people the way that he does
I feel like most damage would come not from his ego running wild but from horrible shit that would happen due to misspoken commands
>>
>>63003955
Imagine if it worked through the Internet.
>literally kill yourself
>>
>>63003763
So he's basically a Jedi.
>muh midichlorians
>>
Just another strawman for whatever advocacy of the day they're pushing for this time.
>>
>>63003542
>Getting them as the result of an experiment is just going halfway there
>DUDE MUH SINGLE SUPERSOLDIERSERUM UNIFYING PRINCIPLE FOR ALL TERRESTRIAL SUPERPOWERS
And whatever the conceit is for the Inhumans aka mutants-lite on Agents of SHIT. Hey, blame the Ultimates.
>>
His character and his motivations, were all over the place. He was way too inconsistent; Kingpin was a better antagonist.
>>
>>63003683
>liberties taken with it. Jessica
I don't want to shit up this thread with more "its tumbler" talk but I feel like narrow focus on that aspect of her has diminished overall character.
>I'm glad they didn't shy away from portraying their protagonist as a total piece of shit.
Im glad they did not pretend like her behavior was ok. in too many shows the show would try to go "dindu nuffin" with her.
>annoying stuff with side characters,
I don't think I have every seen a man in diapers on tv. it was kind of interesting/amusing but also made me feel inpatient.
>pacing issues
its like there are only 3 plot lines but there is so much buzzing that they feel like 20
>>63003694
I still liked him.
>>63003230
does he already have fangirls in this role?
>>
>>63003927
Name top 5
>>
>>63003900
not really. all he did was act like a petulant kid(in a kid way,not in a kingpin way)and his britishness kept distracting me. Daredevil did it better and even the core movie thor,tony,loki were better
>>
File: CAM.png (397 KB, 386x477) Image search: [Google]
CAM.png
397 KB, 386x477
Who is this rent Robin Wright?
>>
AY HOL UP
>>
>>63004285
Watching his scene with her right now, and it's p. unbelievable. A man with his powers would have no real persuasion abilities, because he would never need them or have any real chance to practice them.
Realistically, he would be more autistic than the worst /r9k/ has to offer.
>>
>>63004468
>being an evil genius villain
>not having contingencies in place like developing the ability to manipulate people without having to rely on powers
Pick one.

Her actions are fucking stupid and out of character though.
>>
>>63004468
he would practice out of boredom. he would have money and secrets to move people.
>>
>>63003230
>Doctor Who
>Marvel property
kek
>>
>>63004468
I think he would develop them to fool outside observer
>>
File: Lester.png (1 MB, 1361x760) Image search: [Google]
Lester.png
1 MB, 1361x760
Is he the most useless TV cop of all time?
>>
>>63003542
>and had to grow up with them

He fucking did have to grow up with them. The experiments happened when he was a kid.

His parents left when he had a tantrum and told his mum to iron her face. Absolute mad man.
>>
>>63004468
Wow. Its almost like they made it intentionally unrealistic because, you know, it's a marvel show and not a documentary.
>>
>>63006603
>not a documentary.
???
>>
>>63005771
>title
kek
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.