[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do you agree with that statement?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 1445221211121.png (57 KB, 754x319) Image search: [Google]
1445221211121.png
57 KB, 754x319
How much do you agree with that statement?
>>
>pleb tastes vs. entry level slightly less pleb tastes
>>
>>63002225
I love this bait
>>
>>63002225
>Nolan
>>
>>63002225
>thinking dance movies are made for some deep plot instead of the dances
>Only rock and its derivatives are music

Yes, I'm pretty mad.
>>
File: 1317483975084.png (21 KB, 559x128) Image search: [Google]
1317483975084.png
21 KB, 559x128
>>
>look at me im so patrician and better than everyone else!
>>
Yeah, that's about right. Most people watch movies as a time kill or a form of escapism after a day's work or something. Normies are the major market. And normies are neither too smart or well versed in anything so it's not like you have to put out a stellar product to satisfy them.
>>
>Muse, U2
>Fincher, Nolan
>black people

Get it together Teriek.
>>
>>63002225
>no mention of David Cameron because he knows Cameron is pleb tier
Couldn't agree more.
>>
>>63002225
i never believed in aesthetic taste in the first place, all that defines art is the person who believes it is and there is always someone who believes everything is art and in some way legitimate. You can watch terrible shit, know it's terrible as you watch it, and it can still have a positive impact on your life and thinking, show a room full of retards the Godfather and they still leave the theater retarded.

"tiers" of artistic effort is pointless, nothing deserves anything, no one deserves 'credit' for anything they do, it simply happens. If all the history books declared that Cezanne was really a woman tomorrow, that's what he would be from then on. It's consensus that determines reality, we're only lucky that consensus is sometimes determined by actual evidence.

Some things, like art, are pointless and harmful to seek a consensus on the merits of them. They should simply be allowed to exist, because censorship is what prevents evidence from positively changing global consensus.
>>
>>63002225
Hello reddit
>>
>>63002225
>nolan and bay on different tiers
LOL pleb
>>
why do people even use the internet any more
it's all exactly like OP example
it's time to destroy the internet completely
>>
>he watches film for a deeper meaning
>>
>>63002352
business and stuff
purchases and sales
vagoo, etcetera
>>
All memeing aside he's wrong. Everything he listed on both parts is incredibly mainstream. Find me an "average moviegoer" who has never seen a Christopher Nolan film and I'd be very surprised.

The guy just has an inflated sense of his own importance.

Besides, everybody loves action movies. People like Andrei Tarkovsky and Werner Herzog spoke about how they liked action movies. Well-done action movies are awesome. I'm not some kind of uber cinephile or anything but I like a movie like The Seventh Seal as much as I like 300. There's no reason something like Terminator 2 should have any less artistic importance than something like Stalker. They're both great examples of their genre.
>>
>>63002225
Fincher, Nolan, Kubrick?
More like
Tarkovsky, Parajonov, Kiarostami
>>
Film is a visual medium tbqh

A movie like 300, which is visually stylish but doesn't have much going for it in terms of plot or characters, is the highest form of Kino. Whereas a movie like Boyhood, which is all about the characters but looks flat and boring, is automatically a 0/10.
>>
Could you be any more pseudo intellectual
>>
>>63002468
of courshe
>>
>>63002225
Everything he's listed is enjoyed by the average flickgoer
>>
>>63002225
>le aspiring armond white
Also
>kayne west
>>
>dance movies centered around dances
Name Literally ONE movie like this
>>
>the list goes on!!!!!
>>
>>63002547
Step Up series
Every Bollywood movie
>>
i love when niggers feign intelligence and kek whites go along with it
>>
>>63002225
>Muse
>U2
>R.E.M.
>essential dadcore
Fucking pleb.
>>
>>63003126
He must be one of those far outlier blacks. Looks like president of burgerland material to me.
>>
>>63003209

/thread
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.