[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Pacific Rim so much better and more fun to watch than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (199 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
199 KB, 1280x720
Why is Pacific Rim so much better and more fun to watch than Transformers?
>>
because Michael Bay is a retarded manchild and doesn't know what he is doing
>>
File: casting couch.webm (3 MB, 700x496) Image search: [Google]
casting couch.webm
3 MB, 700x496
>>62999462
it's not
>>62999485
he's an Auteur
>>
Because it doesn't try to get you to care about a bunch of giant robojerks or their faggy cybertronic war, it doesn't waste its time with dull kids before showing you the badass shit or attempting to make you like its characters.
>>
>>62999462
comprehensible action scenes
>>
because it didn't have an explosion every 3 min
>>
PR is a product of someone who cares

the other is made a nihilistic fuccboi who's only good film was The Rock
>>
It isn't an hour too long.
>>
>>62999488
where's the part where she sucks michael's death?
>>
>>62999462
Because it was made by a person who cares about what he is doing.
>>
In Pacific Rim fight scenes don't look like two junkyards mating
>>
File: 1437496246999.png (1 MB, 1058x877) Image search: [Google]
1437496246999.png
1 MB, 1058x877
>>62999497
>>62999611
These, though I'd argue the first Transformers was for the most part decently shot.
>>
The action was much clearer in Pacific rim. they also accepted the fact that people are watching it for giant robots punching giant monsters so they didn't have stupid amounts of drama or romance but enough so you could connect with the characters.

If there isn't a English jaeger in PR2 styled after a crusader I'm gonna be disappointed.
>>
Because Del Taco is a solid director seriously i dont understand how crimson peak got so much hate, wonderful movie.
>>
>>62999538
>the other is made a nihilistic fuccboi who's only good film was Bad Boys 2

Let's be honest though none of them are really any good.
>>
>>62999485
> over 145 IQ score
>Make two >1B$ flicks with minimal effort put into general filmmaking
>make one of the top 10 highest grossing movie franchises of all time
>Doesn't know what he's doing
>>
EVANGELION REFERECENSE
>>
>>63000687

>Bad Boys 2

Every scene that isn't action is suicide-inducing comedy.

The Rock is corny, but at least tries to have serious moments in it instead of buttsex jokes and rat puppets fucking.
>>
>>63001051
>suicide-inducing comedy
Why do you hate fun anon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APhw7rju-Co
>>
>>63001120

It's not the fact that's it's offensive or triggers me or whatever.

It's all so fucking lazy. He still thinks the idea of someone being gay or mistaken for being gay is literally the funniest fucking thing on the planet, and refuses to let go of the stalest 80's sitcom jokes about it.

If you're going to be crude, at least put some effort in it.
>>
>>63001166
Ah you know he didn't write the script yeah?
>>
>>62999462
Yes, Del Toro is an very visual director and in the commentrary talks a lot about using the fight scenes to tell a story. While it *is* big silly action, it's all intelligently made.

Importantly, the Jaegers all have unique sillhouettes and colouration. Bayformers on the other hand are mostly chrome and have complicated designs which are distinctive. In Pacific Rim the jaegers are instantly distinguishable from each and the monsters they're fighting while in bayformers you have similar robots fighting each other. On top of that the complicated designs also make it hard to tell where one robot ends and another begins when they're on contact.
>>
>>63001319
*which aren't distinctive
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.