[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to pick up Hellblazer but I keep hearing mixed reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
I want to pick up Hellblazer but I keep hearing mixed reviews about it and it's mostly directed at Constantine's character.

So should I bother picking this show up? Is it even still going? And when are these two shows gona crossover.
>>
>>62995346
Constantine was cancelled after one season. They brought the character back for an Artow crossover though.
>>
>>62995346
The series was enjoyable but the comics are way better.
>>
File: 1448273041119.png (406 KB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
1448273041119.png
406 KB, 1280x528
The Supernatural boys should take a page out of Keanu Constantine's weapons arsenal.
>>
>>62995388
One season! Was it really that horrible?
>>
>>62995451
No, just not that good of ratings.
>>
The main criticisms I've heard leveled at Constantine have been that it's lighter than the source material and that it starts off very episodic, almost Supernatural or X-Files monster of the week. The character Constantine is the closest we're going to get to a network television version of the character-he's less amoral and more jerk with a heart of gold, but people around him die and he uses "friends" as bait, just like the comics. Also gets a cigarette here and there, which is something for network tv. The rules of the universe and overarching plot of the show were just being established at the end of the season which is a shame since it was cancelled, but still worth a watch.
>>
File: 433px-Tom_Hanks,_February_2014.jpg (55 KB, 433x512) Image search: [Google]
433px-Tom_Hanks,_February_2014.jpg
55 KB, 433x512
>>62995425
That really shouldn't work because the imprint they would leave would be the symbol of the anti Christ.
>>
Perhaps it's the actor that plays Constantine. Maybe he's just not as awesome or hot as fuck looking as the audience wishes he was.
>>
So why the fuck doesn't Netflix pick this show up? They did great with Longmire
>>
>>62995451
It was in the worst time slot possible and took too long to hit its stride. By the time the episodes started getting good and the arc got interesting, it was already dead
>>
>>62996015
No interest in doing so. There might be a feature length movie to wash the taste out of the Keanu one.
>>
>>62996015
Getting the rights to a DC property is probably more trouble than it's worth, and I imagine it would conflict with their Marvel relationship.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.