[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watching series about John Adams >Thomas Jefferson is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_inline_n6olvfmSsA1qe6b6g.png (316 KB, 488x470) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n6olvfmSsA1qe6b6g.png
316 KB, 488x470
>Watching series about John Adams
>Thomas Jefferson is cooler and more interesting in every regard.

Why couldn't the show have followed this slick motherfucker?

Favorite founding father general.
>>
>>62989897
based Dillane
>>
>Favorite founding father

Not if you're Texas.
>>
File: sally hemings.jpg (28 KB, 187x235) Image search: [Google]
sally hemings.jpg
28 KB, 187x235
>not burning your favorite slave at the stake to insure England's defeat

I sure hope you founders don't do this
>>
>>62989897
he had Asperger's in real life
>>
wait a minute

one of americas founding fathers was stannis?

can i pls immigrate??
>>
>>62990096
Like it matters when you have slaves to bang, revolutions to fight and countries to run.
>>
Jefferson was the greatest character in that show. Stole every scene.
>>
the show is boring af when hes not in it to be honest. first episode was p good, the rest was just john adams being a dick.
>>
Jefferson was a political genius who created much of what was great about America, but is there anything more morally repugnant than allowing your own children to be sold into slavery?
>>
>>62989897

History is racist and you should feel bad about yourself

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/20/us-usa-race-princeton-idUSKCN0T91BM20151120
>>
>>62990699

They were his brothers.
>>
>>62990694
>>62990647
TJ is the only reason I've kept watching to be honest.
>The baller way he sits
>Talking shit while chill as a cucumber
>Fuck your government, fuck your king fuck Hamilton
>>
>>62990699
It's almost like historical figures weren't wholly good or evil, but complicated people with with aspirations and flaws.
>>
>>62991288
Did you literally copy and paste that post from reddit?
>>
>>62989897
Because he's republican, and they had to put in tripe about muh slavery
>>
Alexander Hamilton is the greatest of the founding fathers
>>
>>62992459
Found the kek.
>>
>>62992657
Aaron Burr pls go
>>
File: John Stark.jpg (49 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
John Stark.jpg
49 KB, 850x400
Speaking of Game of Thrones characters and founding fathers...
>>
>>62990096
So did Madison. His autobiography makes that pretty clear.
>>
>>62990074
ayy
>>
File: reddit.png (154 KB, 350x257) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
154 KB, 350x257
>>62992376
>>
>>62993507
nah, you are a kek.

Burr shot that jew too late to help anything
>>
TJ died penniless and alone while John Adams, despite all the sacrifices he made to public service was able to live comfortably due to his probity and thrift and lived to see his son become President of the United States
>>
>>62993794
Also Abigail Adams is pretty qt
>>
Is it the show with Paul Giamatti?

is it even any good?
>>
>>62993794
and yet despite what he and his family did for the country he still doesn't have his own dollar bill

a woman might get one before any of the Adams family members damn shame
>>
>>62994383
>Is it the show with Paul Giamatti?
yes
>is it even any good?
yes
>>
I love how you're all jacking off over Jefferson. He was a neat guy with a lot of radical ideas, some he even got implemented. However, this show made me respect Adams a lot. His dedication to the law and challenging authority through it is admirable.
>>
>>62995131
Agreed. I found Adams to be the more interesting character in the show, because his character actually had deep internal contradictions. Jefferson was more or less portrayed as a pouty radical. Some of that is of course just because Adams was the protagonist while Jefferson was just a supporting character, but whatever.

To be honest, I found their personalities to be typical of their homes. Adams the New Englander, arrogant and self-righteous but usually with good reason and good intentions, and rational to a fault, whereas Jefferson the Southern romantic, charismatic and charming, etc. I think they were very different people who came to respect each other's obviously incredible intelligence.

Their real-life relationship was actually far more interesting than the show let on. Two very cool dudes.
>>
File: stannisforamerica.png (99 KB, 208x209) Image search: [Google]
stannisforamerica.png
99 KB, 208x209
>>62990106
The Declaration of Independence is mine to write. All who oppose me are my foes.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.