[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched Halloween, should I ignore the sequels?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: halloween-movie-logo-1-1.jpg (77 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
halloween-movie-logo-1-1.jpg
77 KB, 1024x768
I just watched Halloween, should I ignore the sequels?
>>
The second one is good, the rest are shit
>>
>>62988358
Halloween 2 and 3 are great. Four is watchable and not bad if you take it for what it is (schlocky slasher fun).
>>
>>62988358

I like part 3 because it stars based Tom Atkins, but it isn't for everybody.
>>
>>62988358
yes
>>
Also, how based is Donald Plesance?
>>
>>62988358
Watch Halloween 8. Busta Rhymes karate kicking the shit out of Michael Myers.
>>
Just watch more Carpenter flicks:

The Fog
Christine
Escape From New York
Assault on Precinct 13
>>
>>62988358
II is pretty good, III is an enjoyable sci-fi horror b-movie, 4 is decent, 5 and 6 are mediocre, H20 is an enjoyable meta-slasher, Resurrection is pure shit.
>>
>>62988358
do yourself a favor and ignore the sequels
do this for friday the 13, texas chainsaw masscre, nightmare on elm st. and pretty much every classic horror movie
>>
>>62988358
2 is decent

3 is the best halloween movie and everyone that says otherwise is a pleb and butthurt about muh michael myers

the rest are varying degrees of shit
>>
>>62988623
>do this for friday the 13, nightmare on elm st.
This is terrible advice. Some of Friday's sequels are better than the original. The original Nightmare is by far the best but 3 and Wes Craven's New Nightmare are great.
>>
>>62988623
the first friday the 13 is the worst one along with part 9

best fridays are 4, 6, 7 (and X for the ultimate lulz)

nightmare 3 and 7 are great, and 4 is also watchable

texas chainsaw agreed
>>
>>62988623
>friday the 13th
It's not like the original is great or anything, it's just a shoddy ripoff of Bava's Bay of Blood. Also, with just a few exceptions (Jason Takes Manhattan, the reboot) they're all entertaining.

>nightmare on elm st.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Parts III, IV and V are all very good, and New Nightmare surpasses the original by far.
>>
>>62988790
>unironically saying dream child is good

Way to throw your credibility out the window
>>
>>62988865
It has a subpar story but the visuals and special effects more than make up for this. Not a popular opinion I know, I used to hate it but it's grown on me.
>>
>>62988603
listen to dis guy
>>
>>62988358
Skip 2, go straight to 3
>>
File: Blofeld You Only Live Twice.jpg (27 KB, 514x557) Image search: [Google]
Blofeld You Only Live Twice.jpg
27 KB, 514x557
>>62988583
Very based
>>
>>62988358
I never noticed that the knife blade edge is on the wrong side of the handle. I suppose that's the only way the artist could get the image to work.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.