[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never hear anyone talk about or reference Rocky 2. Even rocky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: rocky-2.jpg (246 KB, 768x1081) Image search: [Google]
rocky-2.jpg
246 KB, 768x1081
I never hear anyone talk about or reference Rocky 2. Even rocky V at least gets attention for being the worst one. Was rocky 2 not memorable?
>>
/tv/ doesn't care about Rocky. This board is dead anyway, only meme and blatant shitposting threads work.
>>
/tv/ isnt about movies anymore
great series btw
>>
Rocky II is just Rocky except not as good. Rocky III and IV are goofy and funny, especially IV of course. There's not much to talk about with Rocky II.
>>
2 is a good movie but it's just a "good" movie while the others have a gimmick

1 is the original classic
3 has based Mr T
4 is the epic over the top USA v USSR, Drago
5 is the most hated
Balboa is the redemption
Creed is rocky as mickey training new blood

2 is just 2
>>
>>62981053
Pretty much this, 2 is basically 1 except Rocky wins in the end
>>
>>62980646
Think of it as a straight continuation of the first Rocky. Still very much a film with the feel of the first. The 3rd is where it turns into a regular movie.
>>
>>62981126
>a film with the feel of the first
Absolutely not. Rocky 2 was immediately the start of "pop culture Rocky". Just compare the fucking training montages. Rocky 2 has children running alongside Rocky, children are singing in that version of "Gonna Fly Now," it's cheesy as fuck. Rocky is now the big lovable hero of the movie, it's like a cartoon version of his character in the first one.

The only worse movie in the series is 5. Everyone hates 5.
>>
>>62980646
It was ok. I liked it. I liked how he had to change his fighting style because of his eye injury.

I like all rocky movies and I cant wait to see Creed.
>>
File: 1.jpg (36 KB, 676x438) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
36 KB, 676x438
>we'll never get another perfect storm of sincerely patriotic, over-the-top, cartoonish practical action like Rocky IV ever again
why live
>>
>>62981713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHdpyvayAcw

>I thought about this a lot
>while I was driving my car
>>
>>62980646
Its visibly noticeable how Adrianne and Rockie seem like different people emotionally. I suppose their love could have healed them but they seem more main stream and less mentally traumatized from the previous movies. In Rocky One they seemed almost like Depression Era personalities ravaged by hardship. No Rocky is moving quicker talking in a more confident tone with better diction. Adriane is wearing makeup and has lost all of her awkward shyness.

Its still entertaining.
>>
>>62981713
It is funny how Creed, which looks more "serious" like VI was, is a direct sequel to one of most cartoony films in the series.
>>
AYO PAULIE

Das all Iz gotz to say.

17-45
>>
>>62981126
Rocky 2 has nothing tonally like this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2TpAlCpWN8

Note: the point of this scene is not the "dude raw eggs" meme. Rocky 1 is far superior.
>>
>>62980646
It's easily my least favorite Rocky, probably because I get the feeling that it wants to take itself so seriously, like the first one except audiences and studio execs couldn't handle that Rocky actually loses at the end od the first one.

The other sequels at least come across as being unapologetic popcorn munching "dad movies"
>>
Rocky Power Levels

Rocky > Rocky 6 > Rocky 2 > Rocky 5

Not Rocky Movies

Rocky 4 > Rocky 3
>>
>>62981775
BRILLIANT!
>>
>>62984477
>Talking shit about Rocky 4
How fucking pleb can one person be?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0I-IgfpSEQ
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.