[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come I never see any threads about this movie? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
How come I never see any threads about this movie?
It's really good.
>>
Because there were over 9000 threads went it first came out, and then for the next 3 years.
>>
when it came out there was. its almost 3 yrs old mate.
>>
There's no threads about any movies anymore. This is the meme board.
>>
Great movie OP. Derek Ciafrance is an up and coming director that really needs to be getting money and complete creative control over films. Him and Denis Villenueve are my favorite directors working right now.
>>
I dunno, I almost never hear any discussion about it anywhere
I don't think it even was in theatres in my country
Kinda shit publicity for a great movie
>>
Its last act is complete shit. The Goose was awesome in it though.
>>
>>62976052
No it's not. The last act is great. It completes the film.
>>
File: 536870_1.jpg (29 KB, 410x263) Image search: [Google]
536870_1.jpg
29 KB, 410x263
>>62976052
The similarities between goose and his kid are pretty cool and the ending is goat desu
>>
Because it's wildly uneven across the three acts
>>
Where has goose been the last couple years? He's wasting his prime!
>>
>Its last act is complete shit. The Goose was awesome in it though.
even more pleb opinion than "sunshine goes to shit in the last third"
>>
File: 12245365.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
12245365.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1200
>>62976149

It is, though. And its because Gosling has such screen presence, the movie literally falls apart without him. Not only is he beyond handsome in this, he is literally every rebellous teenagers wet dream.

Its like killing off Kamina. It leaves such a big hole in the plot, theres nothign left.
>>
File: goose.jpg (76 KB, 877x771) Image search: [Google]
goose.jpg
76 KB, 877x771
>>62976564
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>62976149

you are objectively wrong about Sunshine, the third act is complete shit
>>
>>62975569
It isn't really good and I probably would have never watched it if it wasn't actually filmed in Schenectady, which I live near. Best part of the movie was seeing my actual news anchors read the news in the movie. Can't imagine why anyone else would like it. Gosling looking cool with tattoos a good movie does not make.
>>
>>62976149
I love 'Pines' but Sunshine's 3rd act was shit and ruined the movie
>>
>>62976564
TTGL was better without Kamina
>>
>>62975569
Because Im busy shitposting in 5 Star wars threads,3 starts playing,2 What did he mean by this and one earth rocker thread.
Who gives a shit about movies.
>>
>>62976149
the cop drama was the worst act
>>
>>62976132
Directing shit films, being a dad
>>
>>62976052
>The last act was shit

It was the weakest the ending was still a tearjerker
>>
Not very good, doesn't stand out
>>
>>62977442
>I can't imagine why anyone else would like this movie other than the fact that it has references to my shithole town

lol
>>
Cop son reminded me of terrible Andrew Dice Clay
>>
>>62976149
This
>>
Whats all this "acts" shit? The themes of the movie were thoroughly consistent throughout each act. It just so happens that the movie wasnt about Luke Glantons terrible decision making, and he served his purpose in the film. He rode like lightning and crashed like thunder and echoed through the lives he touched.

Fucking plebs. Go watch Drive if you can't handle nontraditional storytelling.
>>
>>62980948
It's not about the storytelling format, that was actually quite well done. It's just that Luke's act is easily the best. Then it drags in the middle before picking up at the end.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.