[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly think the second season of Fargo might be the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 14
File: Mike Milligan.jpg (54 KB, 727x522) Image search: [Google]
Mike Milligan.jpg
54 KB, 727x522
I honestly think the second season of Fargo might be the best season of anything that I've ever seen.

The symbolism. The deeper meaning of all things in general. The characters, the acting, the writing. The technical work: The directing, the screenplay, the soundtrack, the ambience work.

Every thing is absolutely top notch.
>>
>>62973316
I agree completely senpai. It's criminally underwatched, too.
>>
Agreed. The last three episodes have been overwhelmingly perfect.
>>
>>62973316
They definitely step it up. I wasn't expecting it to be this good tbqfhwyf
>>
File: alien!.jpg (11 KB, 467x369) Image search: [Google]
alien!.jpg
11 KB, 467x369
>>62973316
I only watch for the aliens desu
>>
season 1 sucks and 2 is even worse.
but okay, keep talking about your shitty little autist series.
>>
>>62973467
what's wrong with season 2 familio?
>>
>>62973467
>Says season is awful
>Gives no reasons

Someones bored. You have to at least b8 your hooks m8.
>>
>>62973316

The shootout with the brothers killing 50 guys while just standing in the open with a bunch of guys missing from feet away while continuously jumping in front of their fucking shotguns was fucking terrible
>>
>>62973316
"’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back."
>>
>>62973316
After the leaked ep I don't exactly have high hopes for the ending. It's getting s1 tier silly.

>Ed, Dodd and Peggy all escape because plot armor.
>>
File: Hello Darkness.jpg (681 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
Hello Darkness.jpg
681 KB, 1919x1079
>>62973577
>People unironically calling a hitman reciting a classical literary reference for no reason "So kewl!!!" and "So uneekk!!!"
>>
>>62973804
>For no reason

Pleb
>>
File: Bokeem Woodbine.jpg (42 KB, 467x600) Image search: [Google]
Bokeem Woodbine.jpg
42 KB, 467x600
RICK JAMES BITCH
>>
>>62973804
They basically spelled out why he makes all those references in the phone call last episode.
>>
>>62973502
It's a fool's errand. People can't objectively analyze something that they've latched onto as something they've liked or called the best thing ever. When their praise is reinforced, like with Fargo and Leftovers, they dig into these pieces of shit even harder. 99% of people are incapable of admitting that they are wrong and wasted their time, it's why you have people in Walking Dead threads questioning why they haven't dropped the show yet.
>>
File: 440914.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
440914.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
>>62973842
>>62973867
>They explained it! It's not a cliche! This show isn't a ripoff it's an homage!
>>
>the undertaker dies within few minutes of appearance

Cool build up assholes.

I'm really hyped for next episdoe though. S2 ended up being great when S1 was to me a "meh" show that's kinda fun at best.
>>
>>62973898
Still havent presented even the tiniest of arguments you little queer, "THIS THING SUCKS. TRUST ME I SAID SO"

Why even come to this board if you're just gunna spew some gay opinion like you've got tourettes or something?
>>
>>62973898
>People don't agree with me
>They must be in denial

Are you a lone child or the youngest sibling?
>>
>>62973316
>The deeper meaning of all things in general
>The ambience work

Read a fucking book for once and then you can maybe start pretending to sound smart and throwing those terms around.
>>
>>62974026
>>62974037
Why would I waste my time? Nothing that I can say would change your mind. There are a million things I could point to from the first season and the first episode of this season (I tried but I couldn't continue watching this pseudo-intellectual bullshit).
>>
>>62974088
Is this your final retardation level?

Explain to me how films can't have a deeper meaning or a constructed ambience
>>
>>62974122
Name one intellectual series.
>>
>>62974122
>wasting time anyway
>>
>>62974128
How about you explain to me how those terms have any substance at all and aren't just bullshit poorly worded and mispelled intellectual posturing before you start having me go off on a completely unrelated tangent about how films can't have a deeper meaning. Keep calling people retards though while completely missing the point, that seems to be working out for you and is in line with Fargo fans.
>>
>>62974256
I'm just venting I know there is no point in crafting a well reasoned argument
>>
>>62973316
I highly doubt this.

It tried watching a few episodes of Season 1 and was blown away by how crass and boring it all was. It felt like it was trying way, way too hard.

You're probably wrong, and you're probably as dull as a lamp-post IRL.
>>
>>62974300
Because you can't
>>
>>62974270
It's things like this: In the last episode (before the one that got leaked), the qt at the Butcher's shop explains The Myth of Sisyphus. That's not something deep in itself, or special in regards to films and TV. But with the writing and the directing, he episode manages to reflect the meaning of The Myth will all its characters: The ending of the episode is with the Indian walking onto the road from the woods, realizing that the Butcher and the cops are miles ahead of him, but still deciding to take on the road by foot. It's an endless thing on his part, in itself worthless. But he does it anyway, without flinching. In my opinion it's just how automatically he decides on his next move, in that particular sequence, coupled with the music that starts playing in an almost "ironic" fashion (considering it is jolly), it adds a sense of nihilism.

You very rarely see such work in TV series - everything is usually so concrete. Fargo is nuanced in an intellectual, emotional sense.
>>
>>62974364
OP here: Where was I talking about season 1 again, I don't remember.

"This thing you're not even talking about is boring shit and you're probably boring IRL"

Literally >wat
>>
>>62974512
You are kidding yourself if you think that having a character reading and explaining the Myth of Sisyphus and then making allusions to it in the show is nuanced in any sense. It's surface level pretension that is congratulating itself for making a literary reference. This show in a nutshell.
>>
>>62974681
What's a good TV series to you?

I'm curious.
>>
>>62973842
I'm a massive pleb, would you mind giving me a quick rundown? Are the gerhardts the jabberwock? Is the vorpal sword a machine gun? Is he using his knowledge of classicAL literature as a black man to show off his status?
>>
>>62974724
The Apprentice and Sex and the City
>>
>>62974681
>show tries to do anything that has the slightest bit of thought put into it
>it's pretentious
You sound like you might find keeping up with the kardashians to be more in line with your tastes
>>
>>62974724
There's only one show worth watching on the air at the moment The Knick. Television is in a terrible state right now, which is why this show and Leftovers have to be propped up
>>
>>62974681
Not even OP but the Coens bring a kind of nuance to the table that I haven't found elsewhere from any modern director: Their trademark is witty, jolly comedy coupled with dark, tensious drama.

You're not going to get any deeper insight into a character than you will through a book, where you can shape and create as much as you want, and even put down the characters' thoughts, but you can still do a lot through scenarios alone.

You'd do well to watch more TV and film if you think the medium is devoid of anything metaphysical.
>>
File: current-year-tumblr.jpg (111 KB, 669x664) Image search: [Google]
current-year-tumblr.jpg
111 KB, 669x664
>>62974122
holy shit you are a tard. please go.
>>
>>62974816
At least the Kardashians never had Kim read Plato's Allegory of the Cave and then explain it slowly and then have her worldview change at the end of the episode and have everyone call it deep or thoughtful.
>>
>>62973316
This.
It's the best single season of anything in history of television.

I kinda like Sopranos and X-Files more as a whole shows, but there hasn't been any season of anything even coming close to Fargo S2.
>>
>>62974122
>why would I waste my time
>types up 3-4 posts in the thread anyways

my fucking sides nigger
>>
>>62973316
Based Bokeem is fucking killing it every episode.
>>
>>62973851
>>62973851
wow he looks so much better with hair
>>
>>62974512
You must be a Nolan fan
>>
>>62975332
I'm not. Nolan is nothing like the Coens. Nolan is grandiose.
>>
>>62973467
Glad I dropped this shit last week. It had one phenomenal episode, with the snow storm, but for the most part it's just competently directed trash going for the easiest shocks possible but never actually saying anything or creating drama that's any deeper than a daytime soap opera. At a certain point it stops being shocking, Stop being shocked. Get some taste.

I am an authentic /tv/ poster. I am here every day to discuss cinema and television. I take the medium seriously. I'm not just some tourists who comes here to discuss their flavor of the month meme shows without any regard for the board. It's like you're turning up to some club and shitting the place up and then getting mad that people are telling you to fuck off to where you belong instead of trying to make the club accommodate your juvenile sensibilities.

Stop talking like some fucking /v/ redditor, neo-poster. Instead of trying to make /tv/ more like reddit why not just go post on reddit? No authentic /tv/ posters want you here, crossposter.
>>
>>62973534
because that didn't happen
>>
What is it with /tv/ and their garbage blanket statement "opinions"?
>>
>>62975524
spotted the redditor
>>
>>62973316
Season 2 is shit.
>>
Post yfw
>Based Bear
>>
>>62973851
Donacdum
>>
>>62973340
people are dumb what do you expect
>>
>>62973577
pretentious af desu
>>
>>62973316
>muh women are more powerful than men movie/tv show

fuck off.
>>
>>62976600
muh bait / never watched comment
>>
>>62976618
good try, but I watched the film, it's why its popular

>every male is incompetent
>a pregnant cop is more competent than everyone around her.

tumblr's heaven.
>>
>>62976600
If you haven't watched episode 7 yet, watch it
it shows how hypocritical and pathetic the muh stronk womyn in this show are
>>
>>62976641
>every male is incompetent

You mean except the guy the show is centered around who is supremely, ridiculously competent to the point he doesn't even seem like a human being?
>>
File: big.jpg (77 KB, 596x400) Image search: [Google]
big.jpg
77 KB, 596x400
S1 will always be GOAT
>>
>>62974122
>Why would I waste my time?

he fucking says this on fucking 4chan of all places
jesus fuck get you life together
>>
>>62977507
We will never get more Lorne Malvo.
I crie every tiem
>>
>>62976176

i hate that character

>better stare and look angry again
>>
>>62979080
kek
>>
>>62973502
maybe if you werent so easy people would actually have to put effort into it.
>>
>>62976176
>based Bear
>let me just raise and lower my shotgun dramatically to make a point
>oh I'll just take the word of this guy I just met two minutes ago who claims to be my sons lawyer
>i didn't even realize that my kinds a minor first offender
>im not even gonna storm this police station with my men, which i could totally do, and take my son back

shit character, no balls, total bitch and a giant mamas boy
>>
>>62973316
Agreed. Just watched episode 7 and its right up there with the best stuff the show ever did.

Noah should be on everyone's short list right now because the production values of this show are off the fucking chart. This is like Mad Men without the bullshit.
>>
EMMY
>>
>>62975524
saved
>>
>>62973804
It was an obvious analogy for what was about to happen and you don't really understand it until the next episode.

Mountain Dew addicted Xbone playing adhd crackheads such as yourself who can't function without instant gratification would never understand it.
>>
>>62979764
Like. Fuck Fargo, Woodbine gets.

The man is carrying the fucking greatness.
>>
>>62979667
>contradicting yourself this hard
he literally didnt think of the fact that his sons a minor first offender and that busting him out would make him a fugitive but hes smart enough to know its true
>>
>>62974122
I feel like people like you are so miserable because no one in the real world notices you. They don't even hate you. You just don't exist to them. So you come on websites like this under the protection of anonymity and say the most deliberately contrarian thing you can because you know that someone will finally notice you. It worked. We have all acknowledged your existence. We value you. You are a person. Now please go fucking kill yourself so we don't to listen to this childish bullshit.

You can not name a single show better than this.
>>
anyone got a link to the end credits song?
>>
>>62974754
>>62974870
I wish people like you had flair for what you think quality television is so we would know instantly to just ignore you altogether.
>>
>>62973577
Everything about that guy is a photocopy of Jules from Pulp Fiction.
>same Afro and length
>same side burns
>Hitmen who work for the mob
>needlessly verbose before killing people
I know Quentin is a hack, but the Fargo writers are even worse
>>
>>62979894
i gotcha senpai

https://youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0
>>
>>62977507
Malvo took me out of it. He's just too superhuman. The whole shit with his picture always being out of focus on camera jumped the shark for me.
>>
>>62979899
>Jules was the first black guy with an afro and sideburns
>Jules was the first black hit man
What's it like being born after the year 2000?

Last one doesn't even apply because the two people he's killed this season died within a second of seeing him.
>>
I just fail to see the point of it all. They pack alll sorts of semi interesting stuff in there, and it all sort of Chekov Gun's later, but the whole gist of the story just seems meh
>>
>>62979764
>Patrick Wilson and Kirsten Dunst for Lead
>Jean Smart and Bokeem Woodbine for Supporting

Fargo sweep confirmed
>>
>>62980040
Verbose dark comedies about criminals aren't for everyone.

I don't know how a person couldn't love the set pieces, music, and cinematography. All the actors fit perfectly in the universe too, except Kirsten Dunst. She is really trying hard while everyone else is natural.
>>
>>62980058
>a nig, 2 women, and a white nigger win
Welcome to the new age.
>>
Where can I stream this show at a decent resolution? Torrents not an option
>>
>>62973950
Kind of the point, subverting the "we will send in a bigger badder villain in the final act of the movie" meme.
>>
Thanks for reminding me that Fargo is on tonight, now I have something to do before I cry myself to sleep again.
>>
S01 might be the most comfy season of any show I ever saw. The pacing, the humor, the ambience, cinematography, the actors were all perfect.

I like s02, but the plotlines/characters all feel a little more disjointed compared to s01. It's still pretty good and especially the acting is superb.
>>
>>62980117
here is a reply f a m
>>
>>62980117
>a white nigger
What?
>>
>>62980117
What do you think of their acting?
>>
>>62974122
"this show is bad" is a totally worthless, nobody cares what you think unless you are able to develop that opinion further, and since you aren't, don't post at all.
>>
>>62980081

>I don't know how a person couldn't love the set pieces, music, and cinematography.

How does all that preclude a verbose dark comedy about criminals having a tight and coherent story?
>>
>>62980058
I'd be surprised if it didn't sweep. It's in the miniseries category, right? How could it lose?
>>
Little behind, someone post the leaked spoilers episode info
>>
>>62980353
What competition does it have?

Show Me A Hero has been completely dwarfed by this season. Pizza isn't getting a fucking thing either
>>
>>62980117
Of course two women will win when there are two fucking categories for women
>>
File: Tears of joy.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tears of joy.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
season 2 > season 1
>>
>>62980470

I've been enjoying Fargo too, anon, but Show Me a Hero is in another league entirely
>>
>>62973316
Didn't like the Fargo movie so I never bothered with this show.
Feels like another "True Detective" show people endlessly praise when it's really nothing special.
>>
mm how did bear know simone fucked mike?
So danson didnt check peggys house? wtf?
How does edd know mikes phone number?
Who's the new guy with bear?
What's the aftermath of the gerhardt raid mike did? Did they only kill Otto and some henchman?
>>
>>62980263
S01 is a carbon copy Coen rip off.

So2 is the greatest thing since GOD gave us morals.

You may have bad taste?
>>
>>62980659
>Didn't like the Fargo movie so I never bothered with this show
>Feels like another "True Detective" show

>hasn't even bother watching a single episode of the show
>expect us to take his retarded opinion seriously
>>
>>62980659
you must have quite the taste anon
>>
What the fuck just happened at the end of episode 7 with the drawings and symbols all over the wall
>>
>>62980994
Hank's office. No idea what it's all about. We probably won't find out until episode 9, since episode 8 is going to be Dodd/Peggy/Ed/Hanzee focused.
>>
>>62981037
I hope Dodd kills Ed and Peggy kills Dodd and Hanzee kills her.
>>
SEASON 3 GET HYPE

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fx-renews-fargo-a-third-843201
>>
>>62981037
There will be no closed endings.

You hack writer, you.
>>
>>62974870
After this post everything you said has been redeemed ignore the babies.

Also this guy>>62979894 is an obvious shill be careful of his snakelike charms
>>
>>62980600
He's actually proven himself as quite the actor.

When he "looked down the barrel" it was 10/10 imo. I really sympathized with him.
>>
>>62980295
No but really they're all great. Bokeem is a nigger but that line in the typewriter store when he first meets the cop and says "No that's not it. You're quite unfriendly actually. But its the way you're unfriendly. You're just so polite about it."----and then he gets the fucking most evil look and tone and goes "like you're doing me a favor."

It's a pretty cold delivery
>>
>>62980659
>Disclaimer, literally nothing I say has any credibility because I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about, but here I go!
>>
>>62981059
I hope the mute jew kills the red man in revenge for his brother.
>>
>>62973316
Massive Genius?
>>
File: Mike_milligan.png (195 KB, 332x453) Image search: [Google]
Mike_milligan.png
195 KB, 332x453
>he steals the whellbarrows

what did he mean by this? I didnt get it
>>
>>62982890
Yeah that's one of my favourite scenes out of both seasons, he fucking nailed that delivery
>>
TOP TIER
>Peggy

GOD TIER
>Mike
>Lou
>Hanzee

BASED TIER
>Bear
>Floyd
>Karl
>Hank

WAIFU TIER
>Betsy
>Noreen

OK TIER
>Ed
>Charlie

RETARD TIER
>Kitchen Brothers
>Dodd
>Rye
>Simone
>>
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fx-renews-fargo-a-third-843201

GOOD NEWS

SEASON 3
>>
>>62983502
MY DICK

What time period we hoping for, bros?
>>
>>62983535
Future war with the ayy lmaos.

Okay, then.
>>
>>62983535
>>62983604

I hope for a Gaear Grimsrud Cameo
>>
File: 1440156711860.jpg (10 KB, 249x234) Image search: [Google]
1440156711860.jpg
10 KB, 249x234
>>62979764
Nope, GOT will get them.
>>
Kudos to Patrick Wilson as well. Stoic & badass... he does well. His cancer wife is too waifuish. I wants to bone.
>>
>>62983535
At this point Hawley should make a show based on another Coen movie under the name of Fargo
>>
File: fargo season 3.png (793 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
fargo season 3.png
793 KB, 1280x536
>>62983604
would watch desu
>>
chris pratt confirmed for season 3
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.