[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rocky - Creed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: rocky.jpg (235 KB, 1000x1420) Image search: [Google]
rocky.jpg
235 KB, 1000x1420
I have never entirely watched a Rocky movie.
I got about twenty-five minutes into the first one and turned it off. To this day, it's probably - in my mind - the single most overrated piece of crap out there.

However, the trailer for Creed looks alright, I think. Maybe not amazing, but better than anything else coming out next week. I make a habit of seeing one movie in theatres each week.

My question is this: Do you think any knowledge of the previous films in the franchise will be necessary to appreciate Creed?
Should I watch all of them over the next two days? Or will I be fine to just start with this one?

Cheers
>>
You have shit taste so just kill yourself.
>>
>>62970973
why ppl who hasn't seen rocky is in this board
>>
>>62970973

Is your wife and her kids interested in seeing Creed too? Fucking hate this shitty board.
>>
>>62970973
you'll never want to kick some ass after watching these movies anon

the first one is really slow starting out so just be patient. then continue with the series
you haven't even gotten in to the training montages yet.
>>
>>62971019
In fairness, I did say that I tried.

>>62971024
Not married, have no kids. Are you implying that only husbands with kids dislike Rocky? I've found it to be quite the opposite, honestly. It's very dadcore.

>>62971531
Alright, I may marathon them, then.
>>
The first one is the only good one
All the others are cheap sellouts full of cheesy lines and overall cliché plots
>>
>>62970973
I watched five minutes of mad max and turned it off.
>>
>>62970973

the first one is the best, the second one is still pretty good, but its hard to be in the mood for it unless you just watched the first one, the third one is forgettable, and the fourth one is the best
>>
>>62971599
They are fun though and what you said isn't true about Rocky Balboa.
>>
>>62971599
Rocky - A legitimately great movie
Rocky II - A good movie and appropriate follow-up to Rocky
Rocky III - Entertaining cartoon shit
Rocky IV - Cartoon
Rocky V - Boring
Rocky Balboa - Honestly don't remember it at all
>>
>>62970973
you shouln't watch movies at all
>>
>>62971599
Rocky Balboa is the best one by a mile though.
>>
>>62971655
Balboa goes full circle. Rocky is basically back where he started which felt sad but fitting to the initial message of the first movie. It has a great second fight and some heavy Drama. I would say it was even better than the second.
>>
The first one is actually a reasonably watchable movie, like everyone else pointed out is very different from all the other Stallone flicks. Not a lot of artifices, and a decent, cadenced story. Not bad, not good, just enough.
>>
Rocky VI - Rocky's Last Fight.
Rocky VII - Adrian's Revenge.
>>
File: different mediums.png (726 KB, 973x794) Image search: [Google]
different mediums.png
726 KB, 973x794
>>62971655

>Rocky IV
>cartoon

spotted the commie
>>
>>62970973
My wife's son is black, can't wait to take him to see this flick. Good to have strong role models
>>
>>62970973

1 and 6 are the only ones worth watching. Creed is literally the same plot as rocky 5 which was fucking awful. Nobody wants to watch a rocky movie where he never gets in the ring
>>
>>62971767
Fuck you.

All of them are great including V. Fucking touch me and I'll sue if you don't agree.
>>
>>62971814

V is shit mate and this is coming from a Stallone nuthugger
>>
File: fuckcommies.jpg (418 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fuckcommies.jpg
418 KB, 1920x1080
>there are people in this thread that don't appreciate the greatness of Rocky IV
>>
>>62971879
>no man will ever have as great pec insertions as Dolph Lundgren

Mad mirin'.
>>
>>62970973
I've never watched any of the Rocky movies, never even seen that famous montage when he works out to that song or whatever.

>never really seen any of those american 80's flicks

What have I missed, /tv/?
>>
>>62971982
Hollywood back then was smarter and yet showed more sex and violence than post-2000. I would trade it for what we have now any day.
>>
>>62971982
>that famous montage

There's at least one in every movie. Rocky IV is basically a 90 minute 80's music video with training and boxing shots.
>>
>>62972071

>smarter

I watched predator, ofc. Because my brother has a hard on for Arnold, I liked it but it was by no means a smart movie.

>implying one movie can speak for every 80's movie out there

>>62972089

>80's music video with training and boxing shorts

But why are they so famous then? Sounds like a fucking circlejerk of a movie to me.
>>
>>62972133
Just because it isn't smart doesn't mean it isn't smarter than what we have today. As low bro as Predator is it is finer crafted than let's say Transformers.
>>
Rocky I: deservedly praised. I didn't "get it" when I was a kid but the older I got and the more I watched it the more I loved it.

Rocky 2-5: Right away with Rocky 2 it's the pop culture cartoon version of Rocky. Rocky is the lovable good guy hero instead of the flawed thug/underdog he was in the first movie, kids are running along side him and singing in the training montage, it's just blegh. 3 and 4 are cheesy fun but not good movies.

Rocky Balboa: Perfect endcap to the series, comfortable being its own movie (if a little too meta), some great dialog and brings the story back to personal issues instead of good v. bad conflict.

I have nothing against Creed but Stallone did such a good job returning to an oft-mocked series that he's risking dragging it all through the mud again. Let the Rocky story be done, damn.
>>
>>62972168
No doubt! I just feel like I was born between two eras of pretty shitty movies. The crap we got today against those cheesy 80's movies.

>mfw I like 90's movies better
>mfw I have no face
>am I a pleb?
>>
I'm thinking about a sequel set after Rocky's funeral about Rocky coming back from the dead for one last fight against an evil werewolf trained by a vampire and because Rocky's a ghost it'd be called Spocky Booboba
>>
>>62972232
Now that's a Rocky movie I'd pay to see.
>>
>>62972232
Cast Dolph Lundgren as the evil Russian vampire on steroids.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.